PDA

View Full Version : Small XBOX AC3 Update tonight?

AT ONE SIR
11-21-2012, 10:31 AM
I was just hanging out in singleplayer Frontier ambushing some convoys when it said "Disconnected from XBOX" then when I signed back in it said "This title requires an update to continue". I downloaded a small 9mb file (i think, could have been 19, or 90) and then the game started up again. I was wearing a different outfit and my hood was up. I couldn't do anything different but I don't think this was the patch as all my % are still messed up, incomplete, etc. Nothing new at the old homestead.

What's the deal? Anyone else experience this?

BoBwUzHeRe1138
11-21-2012, 11:26 AM
I was just hanging out in singleplayer Frontier ambushing some convoys when it said "Disconnected from XBOX" then when I signed back in it said "This title requires an update to continue". I downloaded a small 9mb file (i think, could have been 19, or 90) and then the game started up again. I was wearing a different outfit and my hood was up. I couldn't do anything different but I don't think this was the patch as all my % are still messed up, incomplete, etc. Nothing new at the old homestead.

What's the deal? Anyone else experience this?

Wait so you already beat the game and had the hood down thing and now it's back up? That's awesome! Glad it came early is thats the case (I havent beaten it yet) but I hope they can now provide us with Ezio and Altair SKINS not outfits that actually work properly or at the very least fix the outfits...

AT ONE SIR
11-21-2012, 11:43 AM
I'm not sure it was a singleplayer update. It might have been a multiplayer update that just updated since I had the AC3 disk in and was playing story mode.

It was odd to see the hood up. I dunno. I'm not all wound up about the outfits like some people here.

zippa_
11-21-2012, 01:37 PM
I was forced to download a 9K patch this morning when I started up AC3. Now when I start the game my Xbox freezes completely. I hope this patch was just the first of two, and I was unfortunate enough to try to play in between patch releases. The game is now unplayable.

AssassinVenice
11-21-2012, 02:01 PM
Coast is clear for PS3 users, for now. No signs of a patch...

FrankieSatt
11-21-2012, 02:45 PM
Can someone with UbiSoft verify if this is the patch or not? I want to restart the game and replay it again but I want the patch before I start.

egriffin09
11-21-2012, 03:04 PM
I don't know if this is the patch or not, but I had to download it to continue. After it finished, I logged in to my already beaten singleplayer playthrough and connor's hood was back on. I just wanted by hood back and it's back. I pretty sure it fixed some of the in game issues as well, but I didn't have a chance to try it out since I had to leave for work.

Kaswa101
11-21-2012, 04:38 PM
Awesome, it should be up in a few hours for everyone then. :D I wonder why it's up for Xbox and not PS3 yet though, seems weird...

Powawolf
11-21-2012, 04:47 PM
Awesome!
Thank you Ubi ^ ^

willstannard
11-21-2012, 04:49 PM
Hood Is back up people!

DargonisDufaux
11-21-2012, 05:13 PM
i really wish they hadnt hotfixed this because a bunch of people complained, alot of us liked the hood down we just didnt come here to post about it, i felt like it gave connor an identity. considering all the issues in the game , all the things that are broken for ubisoft to spend time to fix something that realisticly didnt need fixing is a disapontment, i only hope they put something inthe game where you can chose to put it down in the future because i hate how he looks with it up

Powawolf
11-21-2012, 05:18 PM
Going to give "Chasing Lee" a try ^ ^

Rogue Agent 035
11-21-2012, 05:35 PM
I have re-started from the begining an am currently exploring an opening up the frontier before starting sequence 5. An was curious if (an a BIG IF) this patch fills in the blanks in "A Boorish Man" for when Achilies an Connor have that talk by the fireplace. Granted, we all know pretty much what he's tellin him, but if Ubi said before AC3's release that this is a good jumping off point, in my opinion it leaves a pretty big gap when he says "Sit down, this may take awhile" then it cuts ahead to him sayin "Well now you know...." I'm paraphrasing here obviously as my memory's not what it use to be, but I believe I've made my point. :cool:

Mr_Shade
11-21-2012, 05:47 PM
Hi Guys,

It does appear that the patch is starting to roll out - it's hit the Xbox in the UK for sure :)

Other regions may update as the day goes on.

PS3 owners should stand by as well :)

Please post any ongoing discussion here please: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/727653-Thanksgiving-Day-Patch-already-out?p=8715941&viewfull=1#post8715941