PDA

View Full Version : AC III PC bug

GroovyNickyLee
11-21-2012, 09:40 AM
Anyone else experiencing a bug where Assassin's Creed III inexplicably crashes at random points in the game?

I picked it up today after preordering sometime in June, and played through as far as getting to Boston as Haytham without a problem, but since then the game has crashed for seemingly no reason and taken my computer down with it over and over and over again. It started doing it the moment that I was set loose in the city to head to the general store at my leisure; I tried to climb a building and the game crashed as soon as I leaped off. It started doing that at certain other points, be it if I looked at the shopkeeper in the general store from the wrong angle, and eventually seemed to be avoidable if I figured out a particular camera angle from a particular position that I could completely avoid, but then the game even started crashing during cutscenes. Also, this seems to happen at random, and I've made it out of the city proper (following the Green Dragon Inn scene) and it still continues. Is this an issue with my computer, or an actual bug? If it is a bug, will it be addressed in a patch anytime soon?

The glitch itself is characterized by a sudden complete freeze of the visuals. Ambient noise continues briefly, as does the last line of dialogue if it happens during a cutscene. Then the screen shuts off and I get a few seconds of staticky buzz and then nothing. Once this happens, my computer becomes completely unresponsive and I can't even access the task manager to manually shut the game off, and have to shut my computer down via the power button.

I've already tried uninstalling the game and reinstalling it, and it doesn't seem to have helped at all. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.