PDA

View Full Version : Lockpicking

Molenir
11-21-2012, 06:20 AM
This has got to be one of the most frustrating, and annoying little minigame I've played in awhile. Seriously, where's my axe, I'd much rather bash the lock, then pick it, and if that doesn't work, how bout letting us shoot the **** lock. Moving the mouse back and forth? Up and Down? Half the time, you move it left and right, then it won't even do the up and down part. And when it does, it doesn't work right, before my character quits and you have to restart the whole pointless process again.

Please fix lockpicking, or at least let us map it to the keyboard rather then the fricking mouse.

adamld85
11-21-2012, 07:29 AM
I completely agree. It is so amazingly bad it is embarrassing. Why JUST the mouse? Why can't we use, you know, keys on a keyboard? This sucks so bad I'm stuck at the first door in the entire game at the theatre and can't continue. Who signed off on this nonsense?

Aethiuss
11-21-2012, 08:03 AM
hahahaha, this was my first thought when I first used lockpicking. after 3rd time, I got it. Now I get every door at first. It's easy actually

adamld85
11-21-2012, 11:41 AM
In the second phase of picking the lock, where you are meant to move the mouse up and down, is the option to break the lock actually what you are aiming for? I thought it was just a brute force attack if you couldn't pick it. But it seemed to work the last two times I used it, either way the system is pretty poorly done.

Aethiuss
11-21-2012, 02:20 PM
you have to move your mouse veeeeeerrrryyy slowly up or down. (not up AND down) verrry slowli, until it says to keeep pressing your mouse buttons