PDA

View Full Version : Serious Issue AC3 Resolution Problem

mcruz79
11-21-2012, 04:59 AM
please...
i need a help...
i cant change resolution in AC3..
i choose 1920 x 1080 but the game didnīt change the re****ion...
it seems that im playing at 640 x 480 and i can barelly see the letters in a game...
all other games in steam works fine, but AC3 itīs unplayable...
i have a gtx680 and its pluged with a HDMI cable in my 46 TV Sony Bravia...
please, i need a help...
sorry for the bad english, i am brazilian...

Stinkyarmpit
11-21-2012, 05:03 AM
Go to C:\Users\computer-name\Documents\Assassin's Creed III, open the Assassin3.ini and change the lines DisplayWidth=1920 DisplayHeight=1080 and save the file.

Make sure your TV support 1080p and isn't 720p, otherwise you may need to lower the resolution.

mcruz79
11-21-2012, 12:25 PM
Go to C:\Users\computer-name\Documents\Assassin's Creed III, open the Assassin3.ini and change the lines DisplayWidth=1920 DisplayHeight=1080 and save the file.

Make sure your TV support 1080p and isn't 720p, otherwise you may need to lower the resolution.

I already do this but doesnt work...
The problem is that ini file is already with 1080 resolution but the game simply dont get in this resolution...
The game must be in 640 x 480, because the qualitg is really poor...
And my tv is full hd 3d and i play all other steam games in this resolution...
Dont know what to do anymore...

Andrewkin
11-21-2012, 12:31 PM
I had the exact same problems as you. Try launching the game in the multiplayer mode rather than the single player. It should be fine (it was for me, at least), and, once you completel the multiplayer tutorial, you should be able to switch to single player from the multi-menu. The resolution problem should then be fixed, but you'll probably still always have to launch through multiplayer!

Hope this helps!

mcruz79
11-21-2012, 01:43 PM
I had the exact same problems as you. Try launching the game in the multiplayer mode rather than the single player. It should be fine (it was for me, at least), and, once you completel the multiplayer tutorial, you should be able to switch to single player from the multi-menu. The resolution problem should then be fixed, but you'll probably still always have to launch through multiplayer!

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the help andrewkin...
I am in the work right now, when i come in home i gotta give a try...
I hope that tbis solve mg problem...

Thanks anyway

MaximusXXXVIIII
11-21-2012, 03:23 PM
I have mine hooked up via HDMI on a big screen tv as well and was having the same problem.
I fixed it by scaling my text and icons back to 100% (I had them scaled to 150%).
I need to do this each time i run the game or it will not go past 640x480.
Hope this helps :)

ihateweiyuan
11-21-2012, 03:26 PM
I have the exact same problem. I am using a macbook pro retina display 15 inch
running win 7 64bit on bootcamp
no matter what i try the resolution is still very low even though my settings are 1920x1080

thespiral85
11-21-2012, 03:56 PM
I have mine hooked up via HDMI on a big screen tv as well and was having the same problem.
I fixed it by scaling my text and icons back to 100% (I had them scaled to 150%).
I need to do this each time i run the game or it will not go past 640x480.
Hope this helps :)

Thanks for the tip. I've had my text scaled to 150, scaled them back to 100% and it worked for me. I hope they release a patch to fix this problem, because it sucks that you gotta constantly change your text size just for this game.

ninjafada
11-21-2012, 04:07 PM
RIGHT CLICK ON AC3SP.exe and then Compatibility.
Check "Disable display scaling on high DPI Settings"

MaximusXXXVIIII
11-21-2012, 05:15 PM

Cool going to go do that now, Thanks for the tip :)

mcruz79
11-21-2012, 09:48 PM

Man...
Really Thanks for your help!
Solves my problem!
Thanks!

zarakon
11-21-2012, 10:00 PM

Hope this helps!
How do you launch straight to MP? (with Steam)

If I run AC3MP.exe, it just starts up UPlay, and pressing Play from there just starts SP

EZRider357
11-22-2012, 07:35 AM
Hi, I've tried everything. I'm running a 3570k with a OC'd 7950 to a Sony 55' HX750. They better patch this! I'm guessing/hoping its a release date patch cause its not due till tomorrow.

LoneTophat
11-22-2012, 10:51 AM
Can anyone post a working config .ini file so I can troubleshoot with my own issues?

faris18omar
11-27-2012, 05:58 AM
please...
i need a help...
i cant change resolution in AC3..
i choose 1920 x 1080 but the game didnīt change the re****ion...
it seems that im playing at 640 x 480 and i can barelly see the letters in a game...
all other games in steam works fine, but AC3 itīs unplayable...
i have a gtx680 and its pluged with a HDMI cable in my 46 TV Sony Bravia...
please, i need a help...
sorry for the bad english, i am brazilian...

Hey i'm facing the same **** problem ! Can anyone please state a solution or something ? Thanks any help is appreciated !

Virtux.
11-27-2012, 10:16 AM
Guys... the problem is most likely the same as I had, at first i found out about the MP way to temporary fix this, and spread the word on this forum....

But i figured what might be wrong...
1. Go to desktop on your computer, so you see the whole background image.
2. Right Click your desktop, and choose Screen Resolution.
3. When the window opens, under where you choose resolution,
you can see it's a line that says something like: Make text or elements bigger or smaller; click there.
4. The window that now opens, make sure it's set to Smaller - 100% Text Size, and select Ok/Use.

5.If the previous doesn't fix it, it's probably something with the settings set on your graphic card control panel. (For me, Nvidia Control Panel)
6. Find the page that says something about scaling, and in high right corner, choose 'Reset settings' or something like that.

7. If this does not work, use the MP temporary fix.
8.To use temporary fix, start up AC3 in SP, then choose to go to MP.
9. When you get the menu up in AC3 MP, choose to go back to AC3 SP

MP=Multiplayer / SP=Singelplayer

Tell me if this works for you. And if so, spread the word, so everyone can get this fixed!

- Andrew

jcgratila
12-08-2012, 10:21 AM
I don't even see the option of changing resolution when connected to the TV via HDMI cable.
Anyone else having this problem? -_-"