PDA

View Full Version : Gamestop Pre-orders Standard Ed

MrLee95
11-21-2012, 04:41 AM
Has anyone that Pre-Ordered from GameStop got any of the bonus missions??

I thought we where supposed to get some but not sure which ones. (Maybe the Mayan one?)

But I never got an extra code or see anything for it in game or in Uplay.
Was Pre-ordering from GameStop a mistake and we didn't get anything?

Stinkyarmpit
11-21-2012, 05:07 AM
You need to take your normal cd-key and under the extras menu in the game is "Redeem Code," enter your key there and it should give you some goodies.

MrLee95
11-28-2012, 09:54 PM
I tried as you said but every time I enter the normal cd key (the one on the back of the AC3 manual) it says i am not connected to the servers. I tried this over the past few days and get the same thing.

Who else has pre-ordered from GameStop and got addition content for your pre-order?

MrLee95
11-30-2012, 07:37 PM
bump

dogamongkorn
11-30-2012, 07:42 PM
Contact Ubisoft support. Explain your situation. They will have you send a photo of your reciept as proof of purchase. After they verify you are legit they will send you a DLC code within 24-48 hours.

I am in the same situation. I contacted Ubisoft last night, I got the impression that a lot of PC users have had this issue. Expecting my code within a day or two.

Good luck!

MrLee95
12-01-2012, 12:27 AM
Will do! Thanks!

Will update if they send me a code or not. Please do the same if possible.

MrLee95
12-05-2012, 05:24 PM
4 Days now, and still nothing. :(

Again if anyone who bought AC3 from GameStop and got the bonus content DLC (Mayan ect) please speak up and let us know!

Thank you!

McJobless
12-05-2012, 10:54 PM
I bought it from EB Games, which is owned by GameStop and offers the same everything GameStop does. I entered my serial code and a second code I was given for A Dangerous Secret as a preorder bonus on the day it arrived and didn't have any problems, and all the content shows up.

MrLee95
12-06-2012, 04:41 AM
So i got a response today....

Response Via Email (Matt Y.)
12/05/2012 06:13 PM

Hello Lee,

Thank you for contacting us and I apologize for the inconvenience. Unfortunately, all pre-order bonus missions and characters are included in the PC Deluxe Edition of the game, whereas other collector's editions include different combinations of the bonuses. It appears that you have purchased the standard edition of the game and that does not come with any bonus content. Contact us again if you have additional questions.

But according to xx7xxxPowersx they got their items... how does that work?????

McJobless
12-06-2012, 05:47 AM
No, that doesn't seem correct at all. If I may, did you purchase a retail or digital copy, and if it was retail, did it have a little booklet inside the game case which listed what extra content you got with the code on the back?

MrLee95
12-06-2012, 07:24 AM
Ya I got the Retail Version. In the inside of the case I got a single page pamphlet with the Assassin's Creed 3 picture on the front and on the bottom of it has the CDKEY. Inside it talks about Uplay and on the back an ad for FarCry 3.
That's it. :(

McJobless
12-06-2012, 08:14 AM
Hmm, then this is very confusing. The first step is to contact GameStop and check if you were meant to get a Prerorder Bonus. You should of, but it's a good idea to check in case. If you were, press them to get you a new preorder bonus code, and make sure you have any receipts ready in case they want to verify. If not, you're going to have to get the season pass or wait for the DLC to be released for non-season pass buyers.

MrLee95
12-07-2012, 01:00 AM
Ya I will contact GameStop again.

I guess I should have just gotten AC3 off of Steam where they had bonus content with the standard edition.....

I didn't get the Season Pass yet but if I do they just announced the Assassin's Creed III Hidden Secrets Pack - First Downloadable Content

So I will get the stuff with it then I guess!

Overall I guess I will not be buying stuff from GameStop again, and really not happy how UbiSoft handled the PC release for this.

And thank you very much xx7xxxPowersxx (http://forums.ubi.com/member.php/1348710-xx7xxxPowersxx)!

McJobless
12-07-2012, 02:24 AM
None of us are happy about how Ubisoft went about releasing the PC game for this, and it's unfortunate that they still refuse to help us. As far EB Games goes, twice they've screwed up a pre-order of mine by changing it to something else, and only at the last minute reverting it back to what I paid for. Still, I trust retail much more than digital, but that's your decision so you should do what you think is best.

No problem, hopefully you don't get plagued with the DLC problems as others have.

iamfr3e
12-07-2012, 03:58 AM
yea u have the same problem and ubi support said this

Customer By Web Form (Isaiah green)
11/21/2012 03:35 AM

12/20/2012 today i got my pre ordered copy of assassins creed 3 for pc from game stop, by the looks of it i did not get the pre ordered copy of assassins creed 3 for pc. where are my pre ordered stuff in game? where can i find it, where is it and if i did not get the pre ordered copy how do i get my pre ordered stuff.

11/21/2012 09:10 AM

also i just sold in game 9k worth of goods that brought me up to 31k. I went to Boston and waited a few secands and then i quit the game half an hour later i came back in to game and i was down to just over 5k, i went to a trader and i had stuff in my inventor when i should not, so i sold that and was ably to get just over 1k, now i have 6.6k of money what happened?

11/27/2012 12:51 PM

Hello Isaiah,

Which edition of the game did you pre-order from Gamestop? The standard edition does not come with any pre-order bonus items for the game. The pre-oder content will be available in December in the first DLC pack if you missed your chance to obtain those items.

Thank you for reporting this issue. We have forwarded this issue to the dev teams and the problem is currently under investigation. In most cases, this issue could be due to some sort of save corruption. If your save has indeed been corrupted, you may need to access the memory section of your PS3 and create a new save to restart. We have however made the developers aware of this issue. If any changes are made to this issue, details will be posted directly to the support section of our website as well as the official Assassin's Creed 3 message boards at http://forums.ubi.com. Please keep an eye on these two locations for all updated information as it becomes available.

11/28/2012 12:49 PM

6 months ago when i pre ordered ac3 for the pc from game stop. they said that by pre ordering i would get the dlc stuff for the pc. with the saving problem if i go get the peg legs stuff some where between getting the legs and doing the mission causes the game to stop saving.

11/28/2012 12:57 PM

Hello Isaiah,

You most likely were misinformed by Gamestop. The standard edition does not come with any pre-order bonus items for the game. I am sorry for the inconvenience. Contact us again if you have additional questions.

McJobless
12-07-2012, 11:20 AM
What concerns me is that you clearly said "PC" and yet the support representative assumed you owned a PS3 copy. Really showing your colours, Ubi.

MrLee95
12-13-2012, 06:55 AM
I don't think I have never heard of a company not giving you the same pre-order stuff that the consoles get....
Not that I can think of anyways.

That's just plain STUPID!

Why is Ubisoft treating PC players like absolute garbage? We are paying customers also!

And now this fiasco with the Season Pass and people not getting the DLC! SIGH!

Ubisoft stop treating your PC fanbase like crap already! We are the people who DON'T Pirate your game, and after going thru all this
crap it really makes me think I should have! (But I didn't)

I really wish some of the big game review websites/magazine/companies would go after Ubisoft on issues like this! A little bad press could change things
around in a heartbeat imo!