PDA

View Full Version : AC3 PC 3D Vision Support Request

ChizowX
11-21-2012, 04:02 AM
Hello, I hope this message is well received by the dev team.

I'd like to request and inquire about the state of 3D support on the PC release of AC3. I've tested the retail version today and there are numerous problems with the game in 3D, such as:

-Shadows wrong depth or totally broken.
-Halo/lighting problems all over.
-2D enemy icons/crosshairs/HUD

The previous Assassin's Creed games were some of the best 3D Vision experiences after a few minor fixes from the community using HeliX mod and many of us were looking forward to AC3 in 3D as well. However, the community mod we use, HeliX mod is not currently compatible with DX10/11 runtimes, so there is no possibility for a community fix at this time.

AC3 supports 3D on the PS3, it is my hope that the same team that worked on 3D for the PS3 is able to make the same changes for the PC version.

Thanks!

Stinkyarmpit
11-21-2012, 04:09 AM
A new NVidia beta driver was released today, it states--Assassin's Creed III is rated Not Recommended. I'm unsure if that will change in the future.

adburt
11-21-2012, 05:17 AM
I too thoroughly enjoyed playing the previous Assassin's Creed games in 3D. 3D problems in Revelations were eventually fixed in patches, so I appreciate that good support isn't always a day one thing. Given that the previous game's 3D was fixed, and the console version of this game has 3D, I really hope the PC gets the same attention. The PC is where those who most care about 3D go.

JettStiles
11-21-2012, 09:18 AM
I'm with the above posters on this - I really looked forward playing the game in 3D on my PC.
I saw a preview of that title a while ago and during that video someone stated that Ubisoft is using the same engine yet again. Although they meant that in a negative way it was a plus for me (seeing the other AC games used the same engine and ran quite well in 3D).

Now the game is out and people all over are shouting that the 3D is a mess - unfortunately they are right. Someone linked a few screens a while ago on the Nvidia forums and things really look bad - not unfixable but bad.

So yeah...since one of the reasons for me to get AC3 was the 3D support I cancelled my order - NOT because this is a game that I dont wanna play. I will certainly buy it in the future at some point (either once they fixed 3D or once it reaches the budget tables in a few months) but right now I can sit back, wait and play some other stuff til either of that happens.

Joohannes
11-21-2012, 09:24 AM
Yep, the 3D in 3D Vision is completely broken, which is sad as the previous games worked quite nicely in 3D Vision (with some community mods though). I've played the previous games in 3D and it would be a shame to force us to play this one in 2D (also I simply don't play games in 2D anymore because after you've experienced gaming in 3D, there's no going back). So please add support for 3D Vision for AC3 (I hear the PS3 version has it so it shouldn't be too hard to implement for PC as well).

spectatorx
11-21-2012, 10:26 AM
You all should remember 3dvision requires additional performance from hardware and so far not many people enjoy the game in full detail with high fps. If they will add 3dvision you might feel huge fps drop.

adburt
11-21-2012, 11:05 AM
You all should remember 3dvision requires additional performance from hardware

Just to be clear, the 3D problems with ACIII expressed here are not performance related.

skyrimer
11-21-2012, 11:08 AM
For many people 3d may be a gimmick, but for many of us 3d is the most critical aspect of a game that makes the purchase decision, you can check nvidia 3d vision forums if in doubt, when a game works properly in 3d, it's so much better than in 2d, I would skip a game entirely if it doesn't work in 3d. I'm at the point where I don't get much hype into any game until I know it works in 3d since that what will make me purchase it or not.

So for this reason, please Ubisoft fix 3d in Ac3 for 3d vision, or I'll just use my hard earned money elsewhere.

lohan0903
11-21-2012, 04:46 PM
Exactly that, Skyrimer! I was really looking forward to AC III. In fact AC III was the most important title in my game-schedule this year. Now that I know it doesn't run properly in 3D vision it will instantly be deleted from my "games to be played"-list! Once you have tasted the sweetness of glorious 3D there is no going back to 2D.........and it doesn't matter how good the game itself actually is!

Richard565
11-22-2012, 12:37 AM
I'm also with you skyrimer and the rest of you, unless a game works well in 3D I'll not purchase it either because I just can't bare to not be able to see the depth and scale of the gaming arena that 3D so marvellously simulates. Please Ubisoft, I'm sure you can tweak a few bits of coding to make ACIII look just as stunning as the previous encounters with the Assassins (I know it would take more than that really).

DejanDominic
11-22-2012, 12:43 AM
First fix FPS drop :mad:

Nerfbane
11-22-2012, 07:35 AM
I too would like to chip in my support for this getting fixed, nearly bought the game on pre-order because the nvidia page has it listed as 3d ready, will not consider buying it until it is.

deepbreeze
11-22-2012, 09:23 AM
Same with me: I loved playing the former AC parts with 3D Vision and was very happy about the updates that fixed the issues in AC Revealtion.
AC III was the most anticipated game of 2012 for me. But because of the lack of support for 3D on PC I won`t buy it until the issues are fixed.

ChizowX
11-22-2012, 04:07 PM
You all should remember 3dvision requires additional performance from hardware and so far not many people enjoy the game in full detail with high fps. If they will add 3dvision you might feel huge fps drop.

Reduced performance in 3D is certainly a concern, but one that any 3D Vision fan has compensated for or is willing to sacrifice. Given 3D Vision is kind of a halo product, most of us have very powerful rigs to compensate for the roughly double rendering requirements. Luckily SLI lends itself naturally to stereo 3D rendering so its very easy to address this problem by simply adding another GPU. :)

Another option for many of us is to simply turn down settings while in 3D, like shadows, AA, post-process effects. Having this option often fixes some of the most problematic effects in games that are rendered at the wrong or incorrect depth, the problem is these effects are often baked-in or so integral to the scene that turning them off is impossible (global illumination).

In any case it seems as if most of the performance issues in this game are limited to AMD graphics solutions, anyone serious about 3D is going to be using Nvidia GPUs.

ChizowX
11-22-2012, 04:10 PM
First fix FPS drop :mad:
I agree the bigger issues for the community should be addressed first, like performance problems, but it's never too early to get in the ear of the devs and get the ball rolling. I personally don't have issues with low FPS even in big cities with all settings maxed and TXAA on in 2D, but I'm running hardware meant to run games in 3D at 60+ FPS:

i7 920 @ 4GHz w/ 12GB RAM
GTX 670 SLI
2x HyperX SSD RAID0 with AC3 installed on array
etc.

When running in 3D, framerates sometimes drop into the 40s-50s, but I would simply turn down some effects like TXAA and maybe shadows to compensate and get back up above 60.

RufioSolo
11-23-2012, 01:02 AM
I left the same message on NVIDIA's web site. Please work this out because AC3 begs to be played in 3D.

JettStiles
11-25-2012, 01:22 PM
Tbh what pissed me off most was the false advertising Nvidia did on their site - according to their info AC3 does support 3D Vision

http://www.geforce.com/games-applications/pc-games/assassins-creed-3/deals-promotions

stamdd
11-25-2012, 10:45 PM
Please work this out because AC3 begs to be played in 3D!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bveUSbve
11-26-2012, 08:18 AM
I support this request.

While I respect the need for the developers to primarily cater for the majority of "normal" (non 3D) gamers, I wonder what's the big deal about getting graphics "ready" for 3D right from the start? I can't help thinking that many of the teams who worked on the game either lack (a little..) competence or simply are unwilling to avoid the inclusion of 3D-problematic technical "features". Or is 3D-readiness really that much more work to implement?

However, putting economic and "pragmatic" reasoning aside: As artists and craftsmen Ubisoft developers themselves should be interested to make this game playable in 3D. Because only in 3D the marvelous world they created really comes to live!

msm903
11-26-2012, 06:03 PM
I was so eager for this game that I actually bought the PS3 version. I was so underwhelmed by the 3D support being natively offered, however I assumed that they would do a better Job in the PC version. I am praying for a fix of some sort before I jump into purchasing the game for the PC. Currently the game is not 3D vision ready (at least in the single player) nor does it work in Tridef.

I would greatly appreciate it if proper 3D vision support was patched into this game.

Thank you.

ghanth974
11-26-2012, 09:03 PM
Personaly, I'll buy this game the day it will be announced compatible with 3Dvision / 3D Tv Play for PC players. No way before. Kind regards.

msm903
11-26-2012, 10:28 PM
What I find even worse is that there are reports that the Multiplayer is in DX9 and thus works well with 3D vision, but not the Single Player. I don't mind if there was an option that would allow me to play it in dx9 to gain better 3d vision support.

sjeraar
11-26-2012, 11:57 PM
I played all the AC's and they are amazing in 3D. At the moment I am so disapointed that the AC3 is not playable in 3D. It would be a shame to play it in 2D if you have stereo 3D available.
I hope that it will be fixed soon because I am realy looking forward to play this game.
The multiplayer is good in 3D, WTF !

Please look in to this.

FBcool
11-27-2012, 01:35 PM
I consider this as a deal breaker !!!!!! If I knew that it was not 3d vision compatible, I would not pre-purchase ! no official informations about that !!! it's a shame to offer a game reputated for his immersive 3D wihtout his main quality feature !!!!! In previous episodes, I tasted immersive 3D, now it's impossible to play AC3 in 2D !!! no way !!!
I'll play other games waiting for the patch...

by the way ? any information about this f*** patch ???? I dont want to wait too long too !!!

tropico666
11-27-2012, 03:35 PM
I buy this game with a huge disappointment for the non 3D compatibility I find it shameful ubisoft I really hope an update fast I will think twice before buying a games ubisoft knowing their contempt for the gamer community 3D

Fguillotine
11-29-2012, 03:21 PM
another one that won´t buy the pc version until there's a good 3d vision support, at least in dx9. I can't understand why ps3 users have 3d support from the box and pc users have nothing, really sad.

Bag-Of-Hammers
12-02-2012, 05:32 AM
What a HUGE dissapointment! The other AC games look so beautiful in 3D. I am going to skip this game and play something else. Playing in 3D ruins you to 2D. If it doesn't play in 3D, then I don't buy it. 3D is the best upgrade to a PC system you can get. I sincerely hope there will be a future fix. Wierd how consoles are supported, but the PC gamers get snubbed. Hope it's not a trend.

unoriginaltoo
12-02-2012, 09:45 AM
Another cry for 3D Vision support for Assassins Creed III.

My main problem is that all games that I was looking forward to this year (Hitman 5 and Far Cry 3 too) don't have proper 3D Vision support. I have high hopes for a Hitman 5 3D vision patch in the near future (considering it also supports AMD HD3D). So I'll wait for that and replay old games in the mean time. (Skyrim, anyone?)

Dellers
12-02-2012, 01:55 PM
There is no way 3d Vision will work well with AC3. As long as SLI does not even work and I get as low as 30 FPS in several locations there is no way 3d would be working well here. It worked well with the previous games, but those had SLI support and didn't have all those huge FPS drops. AC3 doesn't even support multi core CPUs which means you'll be bottlenecking any graphic card and not get decent FPS with 3d running.

ghanth974
12-03-2012, 02:12 PM
There is no way 3d Vision will work well with AC3. As long as SLI does not even work and I get as low as 30 FPS in several locations...
Have you tried the lastest beta drivers? nvidia / win8-win7-winvista-64bit-310.64-beta-driver (http://www.nvidia.com/object/win8-win7-winvista-64bit-310.64-beta-driver.html)

bveUSbve
12-03-2012, 02:22 PM
There is no way 3d Vision will work well with AC3. As long as SLI does not even work and I get as low as 30 FPS in several locations there is no way 3d would be working well here.
You may be right, it wouldn't work (perfectly) well with such low FPS. But it were definitely much more enjoyable for people with powerful hardware, if shadows (e.g.) were not "broken" almost everywhere.

I just finished it, playing in 3D-Vision for the most part. Thanks to a GTX690 the frame rates generally were acceptable, though visibly/stuttering low at some places. And I got somewhat used to the many graphical bugs (3D-related) - but of course without them it would have been so much better... (Even with sub optimal FPS.)

Dellers
12-03-2012, 03:27 PM
The problem is of course the lack of CPU utilization. In the places where I get the lowest FPS I get less fps with SLI running, and the game is just unable to use my processor power. A superfast one-core CPU would be perfect for this game, but obviously no people have that. The game should run great on new hardware, but it doesn't.

kevincarlson
12-03-2012, 08:00 PM
I purchased this game on the day it was released as the other games in the series were excellent. I put off playing it until recently, as I just moved to my first 3D setup. I was underwhelmed by the 3D on this, but am hopeful it will improve.

3D gamers may currently be in the minority, they are no less important, as their purchasing power will prove. I would like to add my voice in support of the initial post to get 3D improved on this title. I have already submitted my question to Ubisoft Support as well (#121203-001593), with emphasis on Post#22 regarding the possibility of using DX9 in single player mode (if the reports of using this mode for multi-player prove accurate)

silverplanet
12-10-2012, 05:33 PM
Dear Ubisoft, If you release a 3D fix for AC3 in the next 3-4 weeks, please let me know and I'll purchase the game. If not, I'm glad I didn't waste any money on this title.

LulosoQuadrado
12-12-2012, 09:28 AM
Heres another user with a 3d vision surround setup currently holding off buying a lot of titles right now because of the lack of 3d support. The dx10/11 issue with not having a function for compilation assemble shader code makes me worried for any future 3d games and any kind of community support. Assasins creed 3 was one of my most anticipated titles this year, and I still really want to play it, but there is no way I will buy it until it gets proper 3d vision support.

ChizowX
12-13-2012, 02:40 PM
There is no way 3d Vision will work well with AC3. As long as SLI does not even work and I get as low as 30 FPS in several locations there is no way 3d would be working well here. It worked well with the previous games, but those had SLI support and didn't have all those huge FPS drops. AC3 doesn't even support multi core CPUs which means you'll be bottlenecking any graphic card and not get decent FPS with 3d running.

While AC3 could certainly use some CPU optimizations, proper SLI support for 3D Vision isn't a requirement since AFR is essentially disabled when the 3D stereo driver is initiated. With 3D Vision in SLI you effectively get single-GPU Vsync'd performance. The results are especially evident in AC3 as 2D SLI yields the snow flickering bug (similar to water flickering bug in SLI with Skyrim, GTA4), but with 3D enabled, you don't have the problem since its only outputting the image from the main camera view from one GPU.

PureFun.
12-30-2012, 11:39 PM
I am another 3D user. I did just get this game free when upgrading to a GTX660ti, but I had decided earlier not to buy it until 3D Support came out. I still likely won't play much without the 3D. Please support this in 3D.

TheDeviil
01-03-2013, 11:55 AM
Another 3D Vision user here. Bought all of the Assassin's Creed games except Assassin's Creed 3. Broken 3D nowadays is a deal breaker for me. Please fix this.

superhuag
01-10-2013, 12:12 AM
I am also an avid 3D vision user, and it was a great disappointment hearing this does not work. Please add support!

Bad213Boy
01-11-2013, 05:12 AM
AC3 in 3D needs to happen.

Bad213Boy
01-11-2013, 06:49 PM
Gamers who have TriDef, NVIDIA 3D, or IZ3D are probably the most loyal customers. We have hardware that needs to work. We want games in 3D period. So even if the market is small, it's still a loyal market.

One thing to notice is that people are not buying PCs like they were 5 years ago. They should have stuck with the fans that have already owned up. Technology is lasting longer than it ever has, especially when Intel has 4 year lead on all competition. Have you ever seen a console last so long? I remember they use to release a new console ever 2-4 years. I can't. I'm still rocking three GTX 470 cards and Q9650 quad LGA775 processor. Even if you've recently built a new PC, I can bet with the proper cooling, you wont need to upgrade your computer for 6-8 years, maybe even 10. There really wasn't any reason to redevelop the wheel here. Especially when the franchise has been soooo successful.

Anyhow, I just don't understand how Ubisoft can release all their 3rd person games in 3D and all of a sudden completely change the game engine to not be 3D friendly. That's really stupid IMO.

The game engine doesn't look promising for 3D at all. I don't think I've ever seen NVIDIA list a game as Not Recommended and then changed it. That usually means there's too many layers tweak and it's a lost cause. I don't know what the feature of 3D gaming is in, but AC3 might be the start of a dieing technology. Just like amBX.

The messed up thing is that both PS3 and Wii have 3D but the PC doesn't. WTF?

*** 3D Gamers Please Keep Posting ***

Also, 3D gamers must continue to complain here. If we let this page stay at 5-10 pages, we'll never get our point across. I would recommend coming back to this thread at least once a week and try to increase the pages. We wont be heard with only 5 pages.

Baragon
01-11-2013, 06:56 PM
When there is 3D support I will purchase game.
If no support, no purchase.

GMnemonic
01-12-2013, 09:07 PM
as a gamer with passive 3d display yeah I like that allot better then those flickery glasses.. I like 3d support as well, From tridef that is!!

On the other hand I do sport a nvidia card. and I like those other guys to have 3d aswell..

Get on with it guys!

QAnd fix the darn issues with HOMM VI's townscreen and nvidia drivers thats a sidenote

pete_peeters
01-30-2013, 09:46 PM
So, what's with AC3 with 3D Vision, any news? working yet?

Like many, many other people, No S3D -> not buying the game. Won't even consider it. Won't even try a demo for free. Wouldn't use the CD as an ashtray. The CD would go straight to garbage can, even if it was a gift from my girlfriend.

Bad213Boy
02-01-2013, 01:52 AM
I know there's 3 more DLC's being released for the consoles in Feburary. Maybe by then there will be a patch to help fix this. But I doubt it.

If you know anything about consoles vs PCs, you'll know that the developers love showing off their games using the PC, it's capable of illustrating the best possible eye candy. When it's released for consoles, it's no where near the quality shown in Trailers. My guess is that they'd rather use the PC as an illustration for their games. I can't see them making much money from the PC gaming with all the cracks available for every game. My guess is that since the consoles version are really dumbed down, there's less layering that needs to be added to the game. What ever they did for the PC version to make it look as amazing as it does, there's no way any console could run it. Then by dumbing down the graphics, they used the same techniques from their previous games which allowed depth and 3D compatibility. You can play AC3 in 3D and see how ****ed some of the effects look. They did something really weird with the layering that doesn't give the game any depth when using certain animations.

They'd probably have to allow DX9 or DX10 in order to do the 3D. It's hard to tell. I'm not a game developer so I really don't know what their tricks are for special effects. Maybe it's just NVIDIA hasn't done anything with DX11 yet and need to fix their drivers.

Hearing from the developers of TriDef 3D, I've heard they have to actually turn certain layers off in order to see everything in 3D. So this sounds to me like there will never be 3D for this game. Unless NVIDIA changes how their games are rendering it, we're probably screwed.

TsaebehT
02-01-2013, 07:48 PM
Put me down as another PC user that is interested in Assassin's Creed III in 3D (Vision). It's pretty sad when all the console versions implemented 3D.

pete_peeters
02-01-2013, 08:22 PM
READ THIS!!

You know what we should all do (I did it just now)?
Go to metacritic, open an account, and vote 0 with comment saying 'no support for 3DVision -> GONER'

Metacritic scores are used by everyone, and it's much more efficient to voice out your complaints!! :mad:

pete_peeters
02-01-2013, 09:07 PM
@ BAD213Boy
"They'd probably have to allow DX9 or DX10 in order to do the 3D. It's hard to tell. I'm not a game developer so I really don't know what their tricks are for special effects. Maybe it's just NVIDIA hasn't done anything with DX11 yet and need to fix their drivers."

I'd be OK with playing a dumbed down DX9 platform like version, as long as I can have it in 3D Vision. Just add a few controls to turn down the goodies that don't work. But even that is too much to ask apparently. Sucks...

Worst part is, I'm from Montreal, and I'm usually kinda proud of the success of the gaming industry around here, so to get ME of all people pissed, I mean I can't even imagine what other people must think.
Anyway

A bientot!

TheDeviil
02-02-2013, 02:08 AM
Hell I would be trilled to have an option to play on DX9 instead if it meant to have sweet 3D Vision back :)
Really, if this game had 3D Vision support, it would be an instabuy! Its really a shame, since all the other ones work pretty well.
Piracy is not really a good excuse not to support games on pc. I'm sure they are aware that consoles also have piracy.

achile19
02-05-2013, 06:40 PM
FIX 3D VISION PLEASE

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: :mad::mad::mad:

Lupercus50
02-05-2013, 07:32 PM
Yeah, I feel let down, not only does this game have major performance issues, I put on my 3D vision glasses to check out the environment and found the left eye darkened and no 3D, but with the current performance issues I can well imagine rendering a second frame for 3D would really hit the fps hard, they need to address the peformance issue before considering 3D.

Bad213Boy
02-15-2013, 04:50 AM
We want 3D Vision.

Muizer
02-26-2013, 08:55 PM
For what it's worth. Please implement 3D vision for this game. I've always loved the series. Like many, I'm not going back to 2D though. It would be a pity to have to say goodbye to the series due to lack of 3D support.

mrorange555
03-18-2013, 01:49 AM
I have the impression that the 3D vision got a bit better. Nevertheless because of the shadows etc. it is still unplayable. Please implement a 3D vision. What is it worth?

mrorange555
03-18-2013, 01:50 AM
"ARM YOURSELF FOR ASSASSIN’S CREED® III.

Gear up with GeForce GTX for an incredible adventure through the American Revolution. Hunt your enemies across stunning landscapes in the first DirectX 11 Assassin’s Creed game. And explore fantastic graphics and gameplay with powerful new technologies brought to life with the new NVIDIA® Kepler™ architecture. Even immersive 3D!"

http://www.geforce.com/games-applications/pc-games/assassins-creed-3/deals-promotions

Please keep your words.

TheDeviil
03-28-2013, 06:24 PM
"Even immersive 3D!" <-- LOL
Whoever wrote clearly never tried to play it.
Looks like this really is goodbye to a series that until now had pretty nice 3d.
I wouldn't take it for free with this poor excuse of 3d support. But it seems that they don't really care.
Fortunately there are still developers that care and those get my money for sure.

FBcool
03-31-2013, 04:01 AM
I've pre-purchased AC3, thinking that it will be a great immersive 3dvision experience like the other AC... Today I feel let down ! even worse ! I've got ripped off !! the 3Dvision support will never come... so I have to say BYE to the serie...and I'l never pre-purchase at UBISOFT again...

Witness.ef
06-19-2013, 09:44 PM
Qu'en est-il d'une future prise en charge de la 3D Vision de Nvidia sur PC ? Sur AC2 Revelations, c'était presque parfait, alors y a-t-il un projet de prise en charge à courte ou moyenne échéance par le nouveau moteur AnvilNext ? Pour l'achat de mes futurs jeux, c'est devenu un critère majeur vu le + que ça apporte !

Merci

Witness

lui66602
08-27-2013, 11:50 AM
bonjour, moi aussi je suis un fan de la série, voire Venise en 3d c'était sublime, mais la PAS DE 3D pour le solo, online la 3d va bien, allez comprendre.ON VEUT DE LA 3D VOUS AVEZ PERDUE BEAUCOUP DE FAN, VOUS NE PRENEZ PAS EN COMPTE CE QUE DEMANDE C'EST FAN QUI VOUS FONT GAGNER DE L'ARGENT .ALLER VOUS FAIRE ENCULER BANDE BATARD A CROIRE QUE VOUS LISEZ PAS LES MESSAGES POURTAN CELUI LA VA ETRE SUPRIMER CE QUI PROUVE BIEN QUE VOUS ETE DES ENCULERS ASSOIFFE D'ARGENT A PARTIRE DE MAINTENAN JE TELECHARGERER VOS jeux EN VERSION PIRATE.ALLEZ SALUT BANDE DE FILS DE PUTES

reggaeroman
11-29-2013, 08:29 AM
I still waiting for 3d vision to buy the game

Atn81
12-06-2013, 07:31 PM
fix 3d vision!!

bo3bber
06-12-2014, 07:03 AM
Just stumbled across this thread.

Probably everyone who cares already knows this, but we have made a fix for AC3 to run in 3D Vision.

Go here for the fix:

http://helixmod.blogspot.com/2014/05/assassins-creed-3-directx-11-3d-vision.html?utm_source=BP_recent

And here for AC4:

http://helixmod.blogspot.com/2014/05/assassins-creed-4-black-flag-directx-11.html?utm_source=BP_recent