PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed 3 Game Freezing! Need Help

Sprtn1107
11-21-2012, 03:30 AM
Okay so i have tried all i can do get my game to work properly. Now it's not that it won't work it's that no matter what i do after a little while of just free roaming or doing a mission the game will randomly freeze in place making the whole computer unresponsive. I've tried starting the game without any internet ant it still froze. i tried downloading the V1.02 patch and it says it could not retrieve the installation folder so that didn't help. i re-downloaded my direct x driver and it still froze. i checked to see if i had the latest graphics drivers and even re-downloaded those and it still froze. i even uninstalled that game and re installed it and u guessed it, it froze. so now i'm wondering if i am having the same problem as any one else. If you are having this problem please post so we can figure this out and if Ubisoft is reading this then please help me find a fix. I'm getting a bit frustrated here.

PC Specs:
CPU: Amd FX-8320
Graphics: Nvidia Gtx 650TI
RAM: G-Skill 8GB
HDD: 750GB Western Digital
Case: Cooler Master HAF-912
Mobo: Asrock 870 icafe R2.0
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo
PSU: 650W

Razrback16
11-21-2012, 04:13 AM
What version of the drivers are you running? NVidia released a Beta driver on 11/10 that is specifically designed to help with AC3 performance / optimization.

Sprtn1107
11-21-2012, 04:20 AM
I have Nvidia Driver version 310.61

Razrback16
11-21-2012, 04:23 AM
Yep that's the latest driver they have out right now. I think I saw you post in another thread where you said it blue screened and memory dumped -- have you checked out the dump file to see what caused the crash?

Sprtn1107
11-21-2012, 04:27 AM
might i ask how to get to my dump files?

Razrback16
11-21-2012, 04:29 AM
They are usually in c:\windows\minidump but you will need to go out and download "Windows Debugging Tools" in order to view the data. You may also need to do a little Googling in order to learn how to properly read and understand what the files are telling you.

Sprtn1107
11-21-2012, 04:40 AM
I downloaded windows debugger and i cant open it it says i need administrator rights but i am the administrator and i go to properties and it says i have full access to the item.

Sprtn1107
11-21-2012, 04:44 AM
Ignore the previous post i got it to open but it says Either you specified an unqualified symbol, or your debugger ***
*** doesn't have full symbol information. Unqualified symbol ***
*** resolution is turned off by default. Please either specify a ***
*** fully qualified symbol module!symbolname, or enable resolution ***
*** of unqualified symbols by typing ".symopt- 100". Note that ***
*** enabling unqualified symbol resolution with network symbol ***
*** server shares in the symbol path may cause the debugger to ***
*** appear to hang for long periods of time when an incorrect ***
*** symbol name is typed or the network symbol server is down. ***
*** For some commands to work properly, your symbol path ***
*** must point to .pdb files that have full type information. ***
*** Certain .pdb files (such as the public OS symbols) do not ***
*** contain the required information. Contact the group that ***
*** provided you with these symbols if you need this command to ***
*** work. ***
*** Type referenced: nt!_KPRCB

Black_Widow9
11-21-2012, 04:48 AM
Please make sure you contact Ubisoft Support and let them know of any issues you are having.
http://support.ubisoft.com/

Next2Heaven
11-21-2012, 06:46 AM
Having same issue with my 590 GTX card. Freezes every 5 min.

clyde252525
11-21-2012, 07:11 AM
Having same issue with my 590 GTX card. Freezes every 5 min.

im getting some terrible fps for the gtx 590 as well and only for this game

Razrback16
11-21-2012, 02:56 PM
Ignore the previous post i got it to open but it says Either you specified an unqualified symbol, or your debugger ***
*** doesn't have full symbol information. Unqualified symbol ***
*** resolution is turned off by default. Please either specify a ***
*** fully qualified symbol module!symbolname, or enable resolution ***
*** of unqualified symbols by typing ".symopt- 100". Note that ***
*** enabling unqualified symbol resolution with network symbol ***
*** server shares in the symbol path may cause the debugger to ***
*** appear to hang for long periods of time when an incorrect ***
*** symbol name is typed or the network symbol server is down. ***
*** For some commands to work properly, your symbol path ***
*** must point to .pdb files that have full type information. ***
*** Certain .pdb files (such as the public OS symbols) do not ***
*** contain the required information. Contact the group that ***
*** provided you with these symbols if you need this command to ***
*** work. ***
*** Type referenced: nt!_KPRCB

you may have to google how to properly insert the symbols into the application so it can read the minidump files. Glad you got it installed though, that's the first part. :) Once it can read the file it will tell you what kind of crash it was, which you can then google to see what causes it, as well as which file likely caused it. The file that caused it will usually tell you if it was a driver problem or not.

also if you have anything overclocked in your system, you should try backing everything down to stock clocks and see if the issue repeats.

enkilm
11-22-2012, 05:05 AM
I have just downloaded this game am happy to start to play and after they get out of the car into the cave,desmond stands still,his arms swing back and forth,the birds are singing,the cow lows the bugs fly but desmond cannot walk!You watch for a while,and still,nothing happens!I have an alienware area 51 i am updated nothing happens!I am running windows 7.