PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed 3 Xbox 360 Controller NOT WORKING (PC?) - PLEASE HELP

rjacklewis
11-21-2012, 02:38 AM
Hey bros,

So this is really annoying. My Xbox 360 controller WILL NOT register within AC3's options. I know for a fact that it works perfectly well and am at a total loss.

It gets better.

My Xbox controller also does not work for Splinter Cell Conviction, which is the ONLY other game that utilizes Uplay that is installed on my computer. I'm sensing a pattern here. Is there some sort of additional driver that I need to download? This is really quite angering to me.

Any advice would be greatly, greatly appreciated.

Bodhisatva_
11-21-2012, 03:38 AM
I can't get mine to work either... let me know if you find the solution. Also having problems with registering the game as well. Bought on Steam.

Razrback16
11-21-2012, 04:06 AM
I run the redcl0ud XBCD driver on mine. Now with AC games you do generally have to noodle with the controls and customize them a bit but other than that it works like a champ. I use the official Microsoft driver for all other games I play with a controller (namely Batman games).

Just to add as this might help some of you: http://vba-m.com/forum/Thread-xbcd-0-2-7-release-info-updates-will-be-posted-here

kenjara
12-29-2012, 09:48 AM
I have the same problem. Kind of stupid they did not test that the main PC controller works with the game. I am using the Xbox controller wireless adapter and a wireless controller.

Its annoying because I want to use this game with Steams Big Picture mode.

I refuse to install third party software to fix their bug.

Ziviz22
12-30-2012, 10:34 PM
Hey guys... maybe you did the same as I.
I was trying to play with some random USB controller, with those Xbox 360 emulators, before buying the MS wireless receiver.
Just deleted the emulators files from the AC3 directory and it worked.

IriathZhul
01-13-2013, 02:46 AM
Same issue. I've never installed any third-party software, emulators, anything, etc., for controllers. Only used 360 controller for games and it's been a dream.

And then I get AC3. It clearly knows I have a controller plugged in because all the buttons presented are controller buttons, but it doesn't respond to it at all. I've checked and the controller is working with all the other games it normally works with.

Fix this, Ubisoft! I like your games but this kind of technical incompetence is obscene.

Black_Widow9
01-13-2013, 05:25 AM
Please make sure you are reporting this to Support. http://support.ubisoft.com/

Razrback16
01-13-2013, 06:11 PM
I refuse to install third party software to fix their bug.

Yeah I understand -- if Ubi's developers programmed the game to properly operate the Microsoft XBOX360 Controller with the base Microsoft driver it would be fine (all my other games use the Microsoft driver without a hiccup), but since they don't, and don't seem interested in fixing their screwups, I resorted to the XBCD driver which works like a champ for AC games. :)

Mr_Shade
01-13-2013, 06:49 PM
As posted above, those with the issue, please contact support.

I personally used the wired official Xbox pad, and it works 100% - I have installed the official windows 7 drivers.

Those having the issue, please remember to advise support if you have the wireless version and OS since that maybe important!

ElbruzOne
03-15-2013, 02:38 PM
Have wired Xbox 360 gamepad and its not works. (game see gamepad, but controller dont works in game). In another games it works. Win7x64

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
03-16-2013, 07:24 PM
Hi, have you tried installing the driver? http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-gb/p/xbox-360-controller-for-windows#support

ElbruzOne
04-21-2013, 02:06 PM
Already installed, but have same problem.

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
04-22-2013, 06:21 PM
I suggest then contacting Technical Support, the link is in my signature.

ckabil
08-23-2013, 09:36 AM
I have xbox 360 wireless controller for windows and thats working.

Go options->controls->controller type and change keybord to xbox 360 controller.

bingolini
08-23-2013, 05:21 PM
when i try to change my controls from keyboard to xbox controller, the game doesn't recognise my xbox controller but it says jumijoystick. When i select the jumijoystick i can't use my xbox controller but the controls are changed to some kind of gamepad controls

bingolini
08-23-2013, 05:22 PM
PS: my controller does work on other games like far cry and COD

Travis726
11-03-2013, 07:39 AM
when i try to change my controls from keyboard to xbox controller, the game doesn't recognise my xbox controller but it says jumijoystick. When i select the jumijoystick i can't use my xbox controller but the controls are changed to some kind of gamepad controls

Had the same problem only it was showing my steering wheel. Unplugged my steering wheel restarted tyhe game and it worked without even setting it in the options (just pressed a button at menu)

hunterdouglas
12-04-2013, 12:31 PM
I'm having problems with my controller, it's an xbox wireless. problem comes and goes sometimes it works, other times it does not

gnb3909
12-04-2013, 03:17 PM
I have found that if the controller is not on before i start the game it sometimes does not recognize it

jacobk27
11-29-2014, 09:25 PM
I have had ZERO problems with ANY game using my xbox 360 wired controller for PC

AC2, however, does not even DETECT my controller as an option in the controls menu. Dear God, I'm glad I only payed 5 dollars for this because I'm regretting EACH PENNY i spent on it.

I've been through about 3 dozen forums and guides and supposed fixes, computer restarts, emulators, driver updates, everything. Why is this happening.