PDA

View Full Version : The Creed's Purpose?

AssassinGame1
11-21-2012, 12:24 AM
If the Templar's purpose of fighting is to win/obtain peace, (Haytham Kenway explains to Connor on sequence 9) than what is the Assassins purpose?
NO SPOILERS
Why does the creed fight Templars if they want peace?

swiftkinfe
11-21-2012, 12:29 AM
It is two separate kinds of peace.

Assassins strive for peace but the people allow it. People retain the freewill to go about their own lives as they choose.
Templars want peace through control. Using politics or the pieces of Eden to have absolute control over peoples lives essentially forcing it.

Assassin_M
11-21-2012, 12:31 AM
The Assassins exist to maintain Free will.
Templars strive for Peace through Control.

Assassins Hate that, so they oppose the Templars..

jamgamerforever
11-21-2012, 12:59 AM
The Assassins' goal is to oppose the Templars. They used to be about freedom but now they're just a reactionary force.

I love Haytham.

Jexx21
11-21-2012, 02:08 AM
Nope, the Assassins are still about freedom..

kudos17
11-21-2012, 02:24 AM

Maybe so, but AC3 seemed to paint the Assassins as naive most of the time. Connor ran around like a chicken with his head cut off, killing anyone who was a Templar, whereas the Templars had solid reasoning to have done what the did throughout the game.

I can't go into spoilers here, so I can't really flesh out any more of my points. Basically, the Assassin's fight for peace, but it seems fruitless now. People with freedom will always be chaotic. The Templar's solution will always quell that. (Not that I agree with the solution, but it's true).

soulscythe80
11-21-2012, 02:33 AM
Yes, the templars fight for peace through control, but the assassins fight for peace and maintain free well. But when Connor and his father was looking for Church, they capture some of the british soldiers to get information out of them; Connor's father killed the solders after the solders told them what they needed to know with no sympathy, he said that they were a waste of resources to held them captive until the war was over, while Connor would have kept them until the war was over or let them go. Yes the Assassins target the templars, but they would spare those who are innocent and do not want to fight anymore.

Assassin_M
11-21-2012, 02:38 AM
Yes, the templars fight for peace through control, but the assassins fight for peace and maintain free well. But when Connor and his father was looking for Church, they capture some of the british soldiers to get information out of them; Connor's father killed the solders after the solders told them what they needed to know with no sympathy, he said that they were a waste of resources to held them captive until the war was over, while Connor would have kept them until the war was over or let them go. Yes the Assassins target the templars, but they would spare those who are innocent and do not want to fight anymore.
Yeah, like Altair spared those Town criers who spoke good of his Targets ??

soulscythe80
11-21-2012, 02:48 AM

Yeah, but when you played Assassin's creed, Altair killed the old man in the beginning, right? He was reckless, did not think, but later on understood.

Assassin_M
11-21-2012, 02:50 AM
Yeah, but when you played Assassin's creed, Altair killed the old man in the beginning, right? He was reckless, did not think, but later on understood.
No...Altair kept killing people who gave him Information until the very end.

soulscythe80
11-21-2012, 02:55 AM
No...Altair kept killing people who gave him Information until the very end. :). That is true, but until when. I don't remember or maybe it was not mentioned, but how about when he was old when he returned to the Assassin's stronghold. Or when he was old and took over the stronghold until he died.

Assassin_M
11-21-2012, 02:57 AM
:). That is true, but until when. I don't remember or maybe it was not mentioned, but how about when he was old when he returned to the Assassin's stronghold. Or when he was old and took over the stronghold until he died.
He kept killing people who gave Information until before the Funeral in Jerusalem..

And at that time, He had already changed and became less arrogant...

soulscythe80
11-21-2012, 03:07 AM
lol. :). I can't think of anything else, its been a while since I played Revelation. So I don't remember as much, but that was just Altair. Ezio did not kill the people who gave him information.

Assassin_M
11-21-2012, 03:10 AM
lol. :). I can't think of anything else, its been a while since I played Revelation. So I don't remember as much, but that was just Altair. Ezio did not kill the people who gave him information.
Yeah..He just Beat them to a Pulp.

Why are you changing the subject, though ??

Jexx21
11-21-2012, 03:14 AM
Technically those people weren't completely innocent anyway.

Assassin_M
11-21-2012, 03:17 AM
Technically those people weren't completely innocent anyway.
Oh Really ? At least those "Innocents" That Haytham killed tried to kill him and Connor first..

But what did Town criers do Altair ?? Hm ?

soulscythe80
11-21-2012, 03:18 AM
I was debating about what kudos17 was saying "Connor ran around like a chicken with his head cut off, killing anyone who was a Templar, whereas the Templars had solid reasoning to have done what the did throughout the game." That the assassin's did not kill the innocent. That was one of their creeds. And you were talking about Altair, which is an example of what kudos17 was saying, but Ezio is an example of not killing the innocent.

Assassin_M
11-21-2012, 03:22 AM
I was debating about what kudos17 was saying "Connor ran around like a chicken with his head cut off, killing anyone who was a Templar, whereas the Templars had solid reasoning to have done what the did throughout the game." That the assassin's did not kill the innocent. That was one of their creeds. And you were talking about Altair, which is an example of what kudos17 was saying, but Ezio is an example of not killing the innocent.
Yeah He did not kill those who gave him Information..

Altair Beat Information out of Town Criers...Torture..Then killed them..Murder.
Ezio just beat them..Torture..

Flip the whole Perspective of things around and you`d get the evil Assassins who murder and Torture.

Trust me the only reason the Assassins seem like angels is because they`re the Protagonists...

Jexx21
11-21-2012, 03:38 AM
They were spreading lies that they knew were lies: not completely innocent. Besides that, they may of gone back to warn the Templar for the possibility of getting rewarded.

And.. I haven't played AC3 yet.

Assassin_M
11-21-2012, 03:41 AM
And.. I haven't played AC3 yet.
I was gonna blow up on you until you said this phrase..

Jexx21
11-21-2012, 03:44 AM
Why?

Also, what are the chances of Erudito being the group that is in between Templar and Assassin?

Then again, Erudito being Consus is a popular theory.

Assassin_M
11-21-2012, 03:46 AM
Why?

Because people who give Information in AC III are vile bastards compared to AC I`s "Lie spreaders"

Jexx21
11-21-2012, 03:48 AM
Also, I'm fairly sure that Altair was taught to kill those who he interrogated, instead of him doing it because of arrogance.

soulscythe80
11-21-2012, 03:53 AM
Yeah He did not kill those who gave him Information..

Altair Beat Information out of Town Criers...Torture..Then killed them..Murder.
Ezio just beat them..Torture..

Flip the whole Perspective of things around and you`d get the evil Assassins who murder and Torture.

Trust me the only reason the Assassins seem like angels is because they`re the Protagonists...

Okay, but even Ezio know about this. In embers, he told Shao Jun, "the Life of an assassin is pain. You feel it, you dealt it, you watch it happen with the hope that you can make it go away. A terrible irony." The assassins are not evil, they know of the pain they feel for the rest of their lives. I am not sure if Altair still felt the pain of all those he killed, but Ezio understood it.

Assassin_M
11-21-2012, 03:56 AM
Also, I'm fairly sure that Altair was taught to kill those who he interrogated, instead of him doing it because of arrogance.
Which would make it even worse..

You`re taught to kill and torture people to get Information.

Assassin_M
11-21-2012, 03:57 AM
Okay, but even Ezio know about this. In embers, he told Shao Jun, "the Life of an assassin is pain. You feel it, you dealt it, you watch it happen with the hope that you can make it go away. A terrible irony." The assassins are not evil, they know of the pain they feel for the rest of their lives. I am not sure if Altair still felt the pain of all those he killed, but Ezio understood it.
Did I say they were evil ?? The Templars probably also use the same words Ezio did..I`m sure they feel like the are FORCED to use Violence and inflict pain with the hope of it going away in the end..

That`s the point. No one is evil..It`s more of a Grey area..

soulscythe80
11-21-2012, 04:02 AM
Okay, but you have to think who was altair's mentor. Altair's mentor was corrupted, he wanted the piece of eden. He took control of the order and turned Altair's brothers against him.

Assassin_M
11-21-2012, 04:11 AM
Okay, but you have to think who was altair's mentor. Altair's mentor was corrupted, he wanted the piece of eden. He took control of the order and turned Altair's brothers against him.
But it was still a part of their teaching..

1)They can Eavesdrop
2)They can Pickpocket
3)They can use Violence to Intimidate..

Altair admits these Ironies and lives with them..

soulscythe80
11-21-2012, 04:42 AM
But it was still a part of their teaching..

1)They can Eavesdrop
2)They can Pickpocket
3)They can use Violence to Intimidate..

Altair admits these Ironies and lives with them..

I think the use of Violence to intimidate, is more a templar, but I can keep on going with this argue with more support with what I found out about what the templars did and what the assassins did through out history, but I am tired. So I am done. :)

soulscythe80
11-21-2012, 04:45 AM
Why?

Also, what are the chances of Erudito being the group that is in between Templar and Assassin?

Then again, Erudito being Consus is a popular theory.

I wonder who or what Erudito is. I wonder this is just a thought, but it is something that I was thinking about. I wonder if Erudito is a group of people who are decendents of those who came before or a group of people who know what is going now with the world from those who came before.

Assassin_M
11-21-2012, 04:47 AM
I think the use of Violence to intimidate, is more a templar, but I can keep on going with this argue with more support with what I found out about what the templars did and what the assassins did through out history, but I am tired. So I am done. :)
What ? Did you play AC I ?? Altair is specifically taught that part of their Investigations is using Violence to Intimidate..

soulscythe80
11-21-2012, 05:01 AM
What ? Did you play AC I ?? Altair is specifically taught that part of their Investigations is using Violence to Intimidate.. Okay, but that was Altair, from Ezio reorganized and restructured the Assassin order. When interrogating, there is the use of violence to get information to be able to use to save thousand of people. But, for the assassins later on, would you think that they would spare the person's life and let them go if they don't want to fight anymore.
Yes, Altair used violence and killed the town crier to get information, but he was taught my his mentor, who was corrupted in the end. But the order was rebuilt by Ezio. Yes I played AC I, but I am thinking about the order after altair's time.

Assassin_M
11-21-2012, 05:08 AM
:mad:. Okay, but that was Altair, from Ezio reorganized and restructured the Assassin order. When interrogating, there is the use of violence to get information to be able to use to save thousand of people. But, for the assassins later on, would you think that they would spare the person's life and let them go if they don't want to fight anymore.
Yes, Altair used violence and killed the town crier to get information, but he was taught my his mentor, who was corrupted in the end. But the order was rebuilt by Ezio. Yes I played AC I, but I am thinking about the order after altair's time.
Al Mualim was not corrupt his whole life, and what`s the angry face for ?? Also, no where is it said by Al-mualim that Altair MUST kill Information givers. It is only stated that he can use Violence to intimidate.

I cannot believe how You are defending Ezio`s actions either. The Templar actions can also be considered extreme to save thousands of people later..anything you say about the Assassins works with the Templar Goal..

They`re using extreme means to reach a Goal that saves thousands. Both Use Violence to Intimidate. Both kill any who opposes them. Both fight for Peace. Assassins want it through freedom, but the Templars want it through Order.

Both are not evil, but both are not Saints either. and please do not pop that angry face again...it scares me

soulscythe80
11-21-2012, 05:14 AM
Sorry about the angry face, but I am tired of this argument or debate. OKay they use violence to intimidate. I like the assassins with them wanting people to choose what they want to do and the freedom that the assassins fight for the people. Even though their methods are not good, they know what they are fighting for the freedom of every single person who wants it. Again sorry about the angry face. I will take the angry face off, okay. I think now that war has been change now and the assassins have a new purpose now.

pirate1802
11-21-2012, 05:16 AM
I love Haytham.
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i245/wstifel/MAXIMUM_BROFIST_by_Defiant_Ant-1.png
Also agreed with whatever you said about the Assassins.

Haha yeah, that bugged me no end. Not fair if you ask me.

Assassin_M
11-21-2012, 05:20 AM
Also agreed with whatever you said about the Assassins.

Haha yeah, that bugged me no end. Not fair if you ask me.
I honestly cannot believe how some people here defend the Assassins to no end. Ezio killed a Mentally Unstable goon, Altair killed Information givers, Ezio beat the crap our of Information givers, Ezio wrongfully killed an Innocent man, Disrupted the lives of Hundreds of people (Probably killed some too..There must`v been Children there) and here he says the templars are evil..

Flip the Prescriptive and you have an Evil Assassin..

Assassins do what they have to do to reach their goal...So does the Templar Order.

soulscythe80
11-21-2012, 05:33 AM
*sigh*. Okay, let me leave you this question. Would you want to be in a world that is ruled by control, telling you want to do being controlled by an artifact or would you want freedom to do what you want, to speak what you want, or to print different ideas? That is what I see between the Templars and the Assassins. How about the templars when they were killing the scientists in brotherhood, for speaking their mind and Ezio saved them from the templars, I think it was the templars. Not sure.

Assassin_M
11-21-2012, 05:36 AM
*sigh*. Okay, let me leave you this question. Would you want to be in a world that is ruled by control, telling you want to do being controlled by an artifact or would you want freedom to do what you want, to speak what you want, or to print different ideas? That is what I see between the Templars and the Assassins. How about the templars when they were killing the scientists in brotherhood, for speaking their mind and Ezio saved them from the templars, I think it was the templars. Not sure.
You miss the point. I`m not talking about how evil or how good their views to reach their goals are. I`m strictly speaking about what actions each has done. and in support of the Templars, the Modern Templar Order views Rodrigo`s time as Grand Master to have been a dark age for their Order..

What you`re speaking is a difference of Views. Not more and not less..

pirate1802
11-21-2012, 05:43 AM
Ezio killed a Mentally Unstable goon,

:( ****..Now that you mention it, I remember it. It was very, very sad, and I felt terrible doing that in AC2. The only reason the Assassins feel like the good guys is because it is.. Assassins creed duh. Play a Templar's creed and you would see the assassins as the bad guys.

Disrupted the lives of Hundreds of people (Probably killed some too..There must`v been Children there) and here he says the templars are evil..
Funny thing. My brother started AC with Revelations, it was his first AC game. And his reacting on seeing Ezio's actions in Capadoccia: "Is he a mad man? What the fudge is he doing!" Exact words. :D

Question: If you were living in an illusive world, would you know or care if your freedom was taken away? I mean how sure are you that we are not being controlled by someone and everything we see is just a lie. I know I'm sounding like a monster here but just speaking my mind. :D

soulscythe80
11-21-2012, 05:46 AM
Okay, each did what they did. I just see from what I read from the games, the comic books and wiki and what subject 16 left behind for Desmond and what abstergo found out from Daniel cross about the assassins and also from what I saw from finding and killing the citizen e in liberation to find out the truth about the templars that Erudito was showing that the Assassins try to help people out. But you are entitled to your opinion and I am entitled to my opinion, but this is just fiction.

soulscythe80
11-21-2012, 05:49 AM
:( ****..Now that you mention it, I remember it. It was very, very sad, and I felt terrible doing that in AC2. The only reason the Assassins feel like the good guys is because it is.. Assassins creed duh. Play a Templar's creed and you would see the assassins as the bad guys.

Funny thing. My brother started AC with Revelations, it was his first AC game. And his reacting on seeing Ezio's actions in Capadoccia: "Is he a mad man? What the fudge is he doing!" Exact words. :D

Question: If you were living in an illusive world, would you know or care if your freedom was taken away? I mean how sure are you that we are not being controlled by someone and everything we see is just a lie. I know I'm sounding like a monster here but just speaking my mind. :D

Even if someone's rights are being controlled, by a dictator or someone's freedom was taken away, there is someone that rises above others to try to give people their freedom back. What mentally unstable goon are you talking about?

Assassin_M
11-21-2012, 05:50 AM
Which is absolutely true if you look at it the right way..

We`re as free as much as "They" want us to be..

Assassin_M
11-21-2012, 05:50 AM
What mentally unstable goon are you talking about?
Dante Moro..

And No, Sir..

Preferring the Assassin Ideology to the Templar one is an Opinion; however, saying that the Assassins are Angelic Saints while the Templars are the incarnation of evil is WRONG..

pirate1802
11-21-2012, 05:54 AM
Even if someone's rights are being controlled, by a dictator or someone's freedom was taken away, there is someone that rises above others to try to give people their freedom back.

And that is perfectly fine. Infact many other games employ this story. The problem is, in AC's context, in the long run the Assassins cause as much destruction as the Templars. They are just as much "evil", if you want. Only the game paints over one side's faults while magnifying the other.

RandomRansom
11-21-2012, 05:55 AM

OK, so I have a strange outlook on this whole topic. I actually don't agree with either the Templars or the Assassins (have felt that way since AC1 or AC2). I think they're both extremes on the same scale.

I mean, if freedom is the ultimate goal to the Assassins, then that leaves room for the Templars to have the freedom to control others (especially if those others have freely chosen to be controlled). In that way, the Assassins are inconsistent. Also, complete freedom can very easily lead to anarchy and not peace.

On the flip side, the Templars are more consistent. They don't care if people want to be controlled. They want peace through making everyone be peaceful and do what the Templars want. This can only lead to peace because no one would have the freedom to choose otherwise. However, this is also wrong, in my opinion.

I think that the best policy is actually somewhere between what the Templars want and what the Assassins want. You can have freedom with rules in place to ensure people don't choose anarchy and war all the time. Is that perfect? No, but I don't think there is a perfect method. The Assassins and Templars are far too extreme to be completely in the right, though. A middle ground is much more capable of being the right way of doing things.

I guess, in the end, I agree slightly more with the Assassins because they allow for people to have freedom and the freedom to choose for themselves. That's the only leg up the Assassin's have, in my opinion.

soulscythe80
11-21-2012, 05:56 AM
:). I'm done. I have my opinion and you have your opinion, but it was fun exchanging thoughts about the purpose of the creed and the templars. But I think once the next assassin's creed game comes out the war maybe changed. I think. :) Also I think you have to think who were the main targets of the assassins in each of the games, comic books and wiki information. Yes, each side's methods are extreme, but you have to see what the series' story is telling us. Also has anyone finished AC3? I have a thought, but it would be considered a spolier for AC3 if I say it.

Assassin_M
11-21-2012, 05:59 AM
:). I'm done. I have my opinion and you have your opinion, but it was fun exchanging thoughts about the purpose of the creed and the templars. But I think once the next assassin's creed game comes out the war maybe changed. I think. :)
Uh Sir.I`m trying to tell you that thinking that the Assassins are Angelic Saints is wrong, not an Opinion...

pirate1802
11-21-2012, 06:07 AM
Which is absolutely true if you look at it the right way..

We`re as free as much as "They" want us to be..

This reminds me of a conversation I had with a friend once. How free are we actually? Is free will just an illusion? Are we controlled by the laws of nature to the deepest core?
We are slaves to our genes and we don't even know it xD

Also, love your sig. :D

soulscythe80
11-21-2012, 06:12 AM
Uh Sir.I`m trying to tell you that thinking that the Assassins are Angelic Saints is wrong, not an Opinion...
Okay, yes the assassins methods are a bit extreme, but its what they stand for which is freedom, is why I would prefer the assassins more than the templars. Also for Dante moro, he was a member of the templar order and a bodyguard to marco Barbarigo, another member of the templar order, who was working for Rodrigo, and trying to take control of the Venice government.

Assassin_M
11-21-2012, 06:12 AM
This reminds me of a conversation I had with a friend once. How free are we actually? Is free will just an illusion? Are we controlled by the laws of nature to the deepest core?
We are slaves to our genes and we don't even know it xD

Also, love your sig. :D
I love deep conversations such as those. I`v been in a lot of it since arriving in the US (Some of them have been pretty heated ones) You and I can continue this in PM if you like:D

and Thanks :D Nice to see some support. All i`v been getting for that Sig is hate PMs

Assassin_M
11-21-2012, 06:14 AM
Okay, yes the assassins methods are a bit extreme, but its what they stand for is why I would prefer the assassins more than the templars. Also for Dante moro, he was a member of the templar order and a bodyguard to marco Barbarigo, another member of the templar order, who was working for Rodrigo, and trying to take control of the Venice government.
A "mentally unstable" member of the Templar Order, a "Mentally Unstable" Body Guard to Marco (Who took advantage of him, so instead of Ezio perhaps saving him, he kills him);)

pirate1802
11-21-2012, 06:18 AM
Also for Dante moro, he was a member of the templar order and a bodyguard to marco Barbarigo, another member of the templar order, who was working for Rodrigo, and trying to take control of the Venice government.

Read his codex entry. He was mentally unstable. Even courts don't sentence such people. :|

"Desiring Dante's wife, Carlotta, for himself, Marco Barbarigo organized an attempt on Dante's life. Sending his agents to kill Dante, they managed to stab him four times, despite Dante being a proficient fighter. Due to this encounter, Dante suffered from three body wounds, and was left with a knife stuck in his head.

Although the weapon was embedded in his skull, Dante proved to be more than Marco's agents could handle, barely escaping the encounter with his life. While he had miraculously survived, Dante was left with severe brain damage and the mind of a child.

From there, Marco tricked Dante into annulling his marriage in Carlotta's presence, and as such, achieved the goal he had hoped for. Marco also convinced Dante to become his personal bodyguard, with Dante proving effective in his new employment. "

Tell me how killing such a person is justified? :angry face:
Reading all these makes me sad again :(

Jexx21
11-21-2012, 06:19 AM
Oh yea, killing Dante was a **** move.

And I think Israel and Palestine should just make peace.
but whatever, wars and stuff

Assassin_M
11-21-2012, 06:23 AM
Oh yea, killing Dante was a **** move.

And I think Israel and Palestine should just make peace.
but whatever, wars and stuff
Yeah we`re not supposed to talk about Politics here..

Presumably in PM...where no one is watching ? >_>

Jexx21
11-21-2012, 06:26 AM
Nah, I'm tired. And I hate politics, I honestly have no idea what is going on anyway.

I like the Assassins cause they wear cool hoods and have hidden blades and parkour around cities and forests.

soulscythe80
11-21-2012, 06:27 AM
I just see that Assassins stand for freedom and templar sees control. Done and done.Yeah, I don't like politics either.

Assassin_M
11-21-2012, 06:27 AM
Nah, I'm tired. And I hate politics, I honestly have no idea what is going on anyway.

I like the Assassins cause they wear cool hoods and have hidden blades and parkour around cities and forests.
Nah..I did not mean right now..I was talking in general..

Jexx21
11-21-2012, 06:28 AM
:)

pirate1802
11-21-2012, 06:29 AM
I just see that Assassins stand for freedom and templar sees control. Done and done.Yeah, I don't like politics either.

Control isn't that bad. I chose control in ME3 :/

Jexx21
11-21-2012, 06:30 AM
I chose synthesis.

people call me worse than hitler.

whatevs.

Assassin_M
11-21-2012, 06:31 AM
I just see that Assassins stand for freedom and templar sees control. Done and done.
You can be done all you like, I`m going on..

You are correct, but look at this...how much will freedom cost Humanity ? There is no question it is Chaotic, but Priceless. Just think about it..how much will freedom cost Humanity..Is it truly worth it ?

The Templars want Order and direction..think about it. Had the Templars gotten their way, perhaps Humanity could`v been way more advanced than it is now. there may not have been as much war as there was..

Just think about it with a more open outlook

Jexx21
11-21-2012, 06:33 AM
But the Templars don't wear cool eagle hoods.

pirate1802
M on the offensive.. :O

Assassin_M
But they have most of these cool gigs called pieces of eden D:

pirate1802

If it was upto me, I'd give the Templar cooler outfits.

Assassin_M
11-21-2012, 06:34 AM
M on the offensive.. :O
Seriously THAT is on the offensive ?? xD

Please:rolleyes:

Jexx21
11-21-2012, 06:34 AM
guys guys guys

we gotta choose synthesis

combine the assassins and the templars

ezio and cesare
desmond and daniel
clay and lucy
william and vidic

synthesizeeee

pirate1802
11-21-2012, 06:35 AM
I chose synthesis.

people call me worse than hitler.

whatevs.

haha I know how you feel. I like synthesis too. I'm pretty much 50-50 between control and synthesis.

Assassin_M
11-21-2012, 06:36 AM
guys guys guys

ezio and cesare
desmond and daniel
clay and lucy
william and vidic

synthesizeeee
As evident by AC III, a Father-Son relationship did not work out. Do you think these will ??

pirate1802
11-21-2012, 06:36 AM
guys guys guys

ezio and cesare
desmond and daniel
clay and lucy
william and vidic

synthesizeeee

"This is the way we must evolve!"

Jexx21
11-21-2012, 06:37 AM
it was a joke? lol

Assassin_M
11-21-2012, 06:38 AM
it was a joke? lol
I`m on the offensive..:p

Jexx21
11-21-2012, 06:40 AM
M on the offensive!

No but srsly, I'd advocate a synthesis of TWCB and humans in AC. :P

what if we took it to the complete ME3 level and synthesized humans with the PoEs?

pirate1802
11-21-2012, 06:42 AM
I propose synthesis (atleast on an ideological level) of Assassins and Templars. Maybe a pipe dream, but doesn't hurt to think, right?

Jexx21
11-21-2012, 06:45 AM
The problem with that, is that you can't have the two groups becoming one, there are always going to be people that favor one side.

My question is: Why the hell haven't people in the groups split off and made a new group? Unless- Erudito IS that group. Apparently Erduito is now the 'Erudito Collective'.

pirate1802
11-21-2012, 06:47 AM
Erudito seems to be VERY interesting :D Hope they have more info about the in future games. Also, I'd be terribly happy if I find out Erudito is the amalgamation of the two, as you say Jexx.

Jexx21
11-21-2012, 06:50 AM
I'm thinking of writing a fic about a guy who joins Erudito after being exposed to them through the hacked Animus products.

soulscythe80
11-21-2012, 02:42 PM
Control isn't that bad. I chose control in ME3 :/

It depends how much control there is. If there is too much then people don't have the freedom to do what they want, what they can say and what religion they can worship. If there is too little then their is anarchy and chaos. There needs to be balance. I just think templar purpose of control is in the category of too much.

LightRey
11-21-2012, 02:58 PM
It depends how much control there is. If there is too much then people don't have the freedom to do what they want, what they can say and what religion they can worship. If there is too little then their is anarchy and chaos. There needs to be balance. I just think templar purpose of control is in the category of too much.
The thing is that the Templars seem to want to control what people think. They want people to think and do exactly as they say, as they want, because they believe that they are the only ones who are wise enough to truly know what's best for humanity. They see the rest of humanity as young children that don't know what's best for them. Just think of the metaphor of the child that wants to play with fire Garnier uses in AC1.

It's also important to remember that though the Assassins want freedom, they don't want complete freedom. They do not oppose just laws for example. They want people to achieve peace through their own understanding. They want to give them the freedom so that eventually, through guidance by both the wise among the people and guidance by the nature of reality itself (nothing is true, everything is permitted), they will achieve true peace.