PDA

View Full Version : Uplay AC3 activation Code

Hazecl
11-20-2012, 11:08 PM
so i bought AC3 on steam, download it, create the uplay account an tried to play..... i watched the the intro story then... lots of graphic bugs... game crash. now im trying to paly again but uplay says i dont have ac3, tried to activate it again with the cd key from steam but it says its already linked to another account. WTF?

ultravix
11-20-2012, 11:16 PM
rofl :D
best story ever!

NotTim.
11-23-2012, 05:54 PM
I have a similar problem, I didn't buy it off steam though, I got it retail and have been playing in with no problem since I got it, except to day, when I tried to get back on it asked for an activation key. And when I put the one I had in it said it was already in use.

Murzico
11-23-2012, 05:58 PM
I have this problem too. ****, I knew it, I should buy Hitman- absolution better.

Bobmugabe
11-23-2012, 06:45 PM
I bought the retail version today.

Installed it... no sign of it on my desktop or start menu. Whatever. Launch the game from the .exe.

Takes me to Uplay and asks me to enter my AC3 key. Invalid key. I retyped it over and over with and without hyphens. Needless to say my account has now been temporarily banned.
I read on the support site that my account will be banned for a few hours and a password reset might speed things up. So I tried that. After selecting a new password and clicking ok I get told that my link has expired. It hasn't been in my inbox for 1 minute and it is supposed to be valid for 24 hours. I tried again and same problem.

So... here I sit with a game I cannot play and a banned account because a CD key supplied with an original game does not work. Great.

I must add that Uplay has to be THE worst distribution platform I have ever seen. Worse than Origin OMG, yes that bad. At least Origin shows me all the games I own instead of having me launch them individually after closing Uplay just to see only the latest one I launched. There isn't even a place for me to activate a key. I have to, once again, close Uplay and launch the game.

"You account has been temporarily banned. For more information please contact Ubisoft Support."... seriously??? You account? I kid you not.

http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/8918/amagad.png

And as for the support? I am yet to find an obvious link to chat to support. I'm not going to try to send a message because who knows how long that will take. I live in South Africa and I'm sorry, but I am not phoning international.

Please oh please ditch the horror that is Uplay. It has made my gaming experience so painful with every Ubisoft game I have played. Now it tells me that Ghost Recon: FS is not installed. Setting an install path for games would be totally fantastic!

Was looking forward to a nice evening of stabbing. Oh well.

zarakon
11-23-2012, 06:47 PM
I think that by some twisted reasoning, this is how Ubisoft actually intends for it to work. Several places in their support FAQs they state that if you bought the game through Steam, you can only run it through Steam. Why they want that restriction, I can't imagine. To anyone who tries to actually run the standalone UPlay, it makes it look like it isn't working correctly. It makes UPlay look bad, makes Ubisoft look bad, it's convoluted and it's obviously error-prone.

You buy the game from Steam, but it still requires you to run it through your UPlay account. But at the same time, it's not actually registered to your UPlay account? It just doesn't make sense.

As a comparison, I bought Borderlands 2 through Green Man Gaming, but I actually play it through Steam just like a normal Steam game. How stupid would it be if it didn't actually show up in my Steam account, but instead there was some GMG client that launched some gimp version of Steam to run the game?

If buying it through Steam just gave you a key to enter into UPlay and the AC3 entry in Steam was just a link to UPlay (the regular version of it!) that would be better. If the Steam version was able to launch directly without going through UPlay, that would also be better. But instead they've gone with this in-between scheme that's worse in every way.

Bobmugabe
11-23-2012, 07:08 PM
If I could add my AC3 key to Steam I would have to change my pants.

Steam is solid. Not perfect but it works well.

I have the other AC's on Steam. AC1 was fine. Launches no problem. But the other 3? I have to perform some sort of small animal sacrifice to run the game and activate a key. And if Uplay is having a problem? Sorry for you! No games!

So... the question is. Do I ban my account again when it unlocks by using the broken key again or try get another copy at the store tomorrow?

Also... do I cancel my Far Cry 3 preorder? I might not be able to play it if this keeps up.

Murzico
11-23-2012, 07:09 PM
I think may be this **** with keys connected with stolen truck of ac3 cd's. Tire of this ****ing ****, want to play.

Bobmugabe
11-23-2012, 07:15 PM
I must say that I thought the same thing ;)

But then it probably would have said that the codes have been used already.

Or the stolen keys were revoked.

Oh look. My account is automagically unlocked. Time to ban it again.

Bobmugabe
11-23-2012, 07:18 PM
Ha! A few more attempts and it worked.

Or a Ubisoft employee is watching this space... /suspicious eyes...

Arpit210
01-26-2013, 08:56 AM
no cd key

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
01-26-2013, 02:05 PM
Hi, CD keys are included with the game on purchase. If yours is missing please contact your retailer or Technical Support http://support.ubi.com/

loggermanz
01-26-2013, 04:16 PM
where do you find the activation key if you download the game from ubishop

TheLeoCrow
01-26-2013, 04:29 PM
in the confirmation email they sent you when you bought