PDA

View Full Version : Finally Assassin's Creed 3 PC comes out, can't get in Multiplayer

Pages : [1] 2

Layne66
11-20-2012, 07:48 PM
So after finally getting the game and getting into multiplayer. It wont let me connect to the servers so I'm forced to be in "limited mode" any words from devs as to whats going on?

spectatorx
11-20-2012, 07:58 PM
Ha ha ha ha ha :-) Here we go again! :-) Is that the same issue which ruined brotherood mp and was a plague in revelations? :D Anvil "NEXT" my azz :D The same engine again, the same bugs again.

Probably will be needed to unlock some ports in firewall settings. For now i do not know numbers of ports.

Layne66
11-20-2012, 08:09 PM
Any devs on that can help with this problem? I'm not sure if anyone else is experiencing this.

Amaral724
11-20-2012, 08:19 PM
Any devs on that can help with this problem? I'm not sure if anyone else is experiencing this.

Maybe you need to wait until the oficcial release date.

Layne66
11-20-2012, 08:19 PM
??? What are you talking about. The game is out now.

DmAxD
11-20-2012, 08:41 PM
http://ubisoft-en.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/17321/~/limited-mode-in-assassins-creed-iii

Layne66
11-20-2012, 08:42 PM
Not sure how useful that link is if it doesn't have anything about PC in it and I have everything going correctly, I just need to know if the servers are down, or if i need to open ports or something.

DarthDeva
11-20-2012, 09:23 PM
Just send a message to support for now, they will probably add the ports needed to be opened on the support faq soon. The game is just out now, so support will need some time to inform on the common problems

Pieteris
11-20-2012, 09:33 PM
where did you buy your cd-key? I don't think anyone else has cd-key..

Layne66
11-20-2012, 09:36 PM
From steam. I haven't seen any threads of anyone else having this problem, but I also can't find any evidence of the servers being down or not.

W0mb0C0mb015
11-20-2012, 10:45 PM
I also purchased the game through steam and have the same issue.

Layne66
11-20-2012, 10:46 PM
If we could get a reply from a moderator that would help.

lhgvboy28
11-20-2012, 10:50 PM
So, are the MP servers running right now? I'm still downloading the game, so I just want to know if I can play today, or if I'm just going to sleep and try again tomorrow :)

Layne66
11-20-2012, 10:51 PM
Might as well sleep. I think the servers are up but people who buy from steam are not allowed to play MP right now.

StorchRock
11-20-2012, 11:24 PM
Same problem here. Limited Mode. grumble grumble

Reddu1
11-20-2012, 11:29 PM
i might only know 1 reason, it might because in Some country the release is on 22nd and ubisoft is not letting people to get in to mp before every country has the game.
This is my opinion

Layne66
11-21-2012, 12:27 AM
This is a really troublesome problem. Does anyone know how to fix?

njharro
11-21-2012, 04:07 AM
Im gettin angry im gettin mad. no posts on twitter or facebook from ubisoft, makes me so sad.

Black_Widow9
11-21-2012, 04:24 AM
Hey guys,
Sorry about the wait. There is now a Launcher & MP FAQ's up at Support. ;)
http://ubisoft.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/17490/p/88%2C2511

Please make sure you are set up correctly. If you are still having issues after that then please contact Support.
http://support.ubisoft.com/

Layne66
11-21-2012, 04:26 AM
Hey guys,
Sorry about the wait. There is now a Launcher & MP FAQ's up at Support. ;)
http://ubisoft.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/17490/p/88%2C2511

Please make sure you are set up correctly. If you are still having issues after that then please contact Support.
http://support.ubisoft.com/

I've already tried that FAQ though. It didn't work for me :( and i called ubisoft as well with no luck in getting it fixed.

LieutenantWorf.
11-21-2012, 04:32 AM
I as well have tried everything on the FAQ, and the updated FAQ. Unfortunately nothing has worked thus far, there is a lot of pressure on me to get this figured out because I persuaded a lot of my friends to buy it on PC so that I could play with them. I'd really appreciate some more info if you have any.

Black_Widow9
11-21-2012, 04:34 AM
I've already tried that FAQ though. It didn't work for me :( and i called ubisoft as well with no luck in getting it fixed.
Were you able to get in touch with them?

Layne66
11-21-2012, 04:35 AM
Were you able to get in touch with them?

Yes I got someone and he couldn't find anything to solve my issue except changing from wireless to LAN cable directly to modem, but that didn't work...

Black_Widow9
11-21-2012, 05:00 AM
I'm not sure what to do but to send you back to Support. I'm not seeing a lot of other reports of this. :/

Layne66
11-21-2012, 05:03 AM
Is it too late to call for today? Besides I don't know if it'll help anymore, the method to change from wireless to LAN was a complete guess, he and I had no idea what was going on and he said he was going to escalate my ticket so it can be looked at.

EDIT: Do you think Reinstalling the game would fix anything?
editedit: i guess i'll try again tomorrow...what a bummer this is...i was so excited to play it today.

Appl_Jax
11-21-2012, 05:34 AM
The servers are probably not set up for pc players yet, especially with the day-1 patch. Just give it a day or two once everyone's settled. Or a week or five if it's going to be anything like how it is for ACR... still waiting for the servers to get fixed since that recent update. Maybe they're trying to get everything in sync with the Thanksgiving patch? Besides, nothing is working with regards to the servers. I can't put in my preorder codes.

Still not sure what ports need to be opened, won't be able to really test this until the servers are online. But I am seeing some traffic from UBI when starting multiplayer: UDP src:11010 I'm not sure my firewall can even set up forwarding for fixed source ports.

Layne66
11-21-2012, 06:33 AM
that is true, i was wondering why i couldn't find a place to enter my preorder code. Idk we'll see, might be a problem with steam ac3's

Im so frustrated though, aren't there people connecting to the game so far?

LieutenantWorf.
11-21-2012, 06:50 AM
Could it possible be because we Uplay doesn't fully recognize we own the game? Like we have access to the single player yeah, but when our accounts try to log in to the Ubisoft online network it doesn't recognize us as owning the game since we own a steam copy?

I've just noticed that we can't start the game through UPlay, that's all I got.

Layne66
11-21-2012, 07:36 AM
are the servers even up? I'm reading on steam community and all i see is people saying that they can't connect to multiplayer just like me.

Core3773
11-21-2012, 08:00 AM
Im getting the same limited mode problem but i wont complain after all it has been just released. But if the problem isn't fixed in 2 to 4 days this post will not be end of this.

Appl_Jax
11-21-2012, 09:27 AM
Hmm, I have a second copy of the game and installed it on another computer (that didn't have UPlay previously) and set up a new account. Apparently with this account, I can redeem codes. I still can't do so on my main machine which I've had it installed for a while now.

I'm starting to think it's a UPlay issue or something.

Sparky11989
11-21-2012, 01:59 PM
I also have bought the game off steam.
I can play acr mp but still I am not able to play ac3 mp.

TheLeoCrow
11-21-2012, 02:44 PM
Has any of you who have the problem tried any "unofficial" versions of the game before getting it officially? Remember that those versions often cause connectivity problems to the normal versions

LieutenantWorf.
11-21-2012, 02:53 PM
Has any of you who have the problem tried any "unofficial" versions of the game before getting it officially? Remember that those versions often cause connectivity problems to the normal versions

Negative, 100% purely the steam copy is all I've ever played of this game.

zarakon
11-21-2012, 03:15 PM
I also have the Steam version and cannot connect to MP.

SixKeys
11-21-2012, 03:34 PM
All of you who are having this problem, are you on Steam?

LieutenantWorf.
11-21-2012, 03:41 PM
So far everyone I know who has this issue are steam users for AC3.

zarakon
11-21-2012, 03:42 PM
Tried setting the recommended port forwarding settings (some were already there from AC:R).
Tried connecting directly to my cable modem.
Tried adding Windows Firewall exceptions.
Tried disabling Windows Firewall.

Still no luck.

math.avs
11-21-2012, 03:50 PM
I'm not on "Limited Mode", but it's been a pretty limited experience for me so far. Even though my "NAT" stays green all the time, I can't join any matches. It just searches forever and then says "sorry bud, we couldn't find any. Do you want to try again or would you rather go back to the menu?". Don't get me wrong, the menu is gorgeous! It is just not the reason I bought the game. :P

I am also a Steam user who has tried all the mentioned "fixes". And I'll keep trying, I guess. :)

Layne66
11-21-2012, 04:00 PM
Hmm, so it seems the issue is related to steam bought copies?

yuedps
11-21-2012, 04:35 PM
Steam here, and no MP as well

Violet_Force
11-21-2012, 04:37 PM
I tried for 2 days and the situation is still there. My AC3 is steam copy too.

War.Puppy
11-21-2012, 04:43 PM
I'm having the same issues, and I bought mine outside of Steam.

Kognitae
11-21-2012, 04:43 PM
I bought the game on steam also, and am having this same issue. I forwarded all the recommended ports in the "AC3 Multiplayer Connection Issues" support page, but that didn't help.

denian-vs
11-21-2012, 05:07 PM
same problem here... I bought mine outside of Steam too

BobStickman
11-21-2012, 05:33 PM
I'm having the same problem. - steam version

DH12Owns
11-21-2012, 05:34 PM
Any updates? Still limited... Got my copy from steam as well.

kryingkingz
11-21-2012, 06:16 PM
i bought it on steam, same problem, but i have a solution!!!

well its a lame one, but its all i got.
Ubisoft hasn't been doing much, but they've been pretty **** active on twitter...
:mad: Lets get our asses over to twitter and spam ubisoft's ac3 page with requests for assistance using the hashtag #FixPCMP

Mr_Shade
11-21-2012, 06:50 PM
Guys,

Please make sure you have all contacted Support with your setup / hardware / router details - and make sure to say if it's the steam version you have.

Even if they can't give you an immediate fix, the details you supply to them, play a vital role in helping to pin point the issue.

The more information they get the better - and if it's still ongoing, remember to keep updating your ticket.

www.support.ubi.com

zarakon
11-21-2012, 07:40 PM
Ticket submitted

Product Level 1:
PC

Product Level 2:
Assassin's Creed 3

Category Level 1:
Uplay Service

Category Level 2:
Connectivity Problems

Is that right, or should it have been a different category?

Layne66
11-21-2012, 07:49 PM
Looks good, and it seems everyone who bought it on steam cannot access multiplayer. Very interesting. And black widow, i have posted a ticket about it, do you need the ticket number?

Mr_Shade
11-21-2012, 07:59 PM
Looks good, and it seems everyone who bought it on steam cannot access multiplayer. Very interesting. And black widow, i have posted a ticket about it, do you need the ticket number?
At present while the investigation is ongoing, we just need as many people as possible to contact support.

We only ask for ticket details - if you have been waiting on a reply / fix from support about a fixable / known issue for a few days - at present we are still collecting data to back up our reports of the problem.

they more reports the better - since it may Identify the cause of the problem faster - very odd most seem to be on Steam [and no, i'm not pointing fingers!] - but you guys should also report it directly to Steam support - just in case it's an issue they need to fix.

I have reported it again to our team though, but can only ask you guys to bear with us once more.

Layne66
11-21-2012, 08:01 PM
Good to hear devs are working on it. I didn't realize that we should contact steam as well, I will try that thank you. Well my problem is weird, there really should be nothing wrong with my computer since i reinstalled windows like a month ago. And I've played revelations and brotherhood just fine so I am doing nothing different.

Mr_Shade
11-21-2012, 08:07 PM
Good to hear devs are working on it. I didn't realize that we should contact steam as well, I will try that thank you. Well my problem is weird, there really should be nothing wrong with my computer since i reinstalled windows like a month ago. And I've played revelations and brotherhood just fine so I am doing nothing different.
Do you also use steam for those?

Layne66
11-21-2012, 08:09 PM
Do you also use steam for those?

Yes, I have all but the first AC and AC2 on steam.

zarakon
11-21-2012, 08:18 PM
Yes, I have all but the first AC and AC2 on steam.
Same

Cortexian
11-21-2012, 09:24 PM
I'm having the same problem, my uPlay Awards aren't unlocking either and I'm assuming it's because of this connectivity issue. Yes I'm using the Steam version, I own every single Assassin's Creed on Steam.

I've updated a ticket I submitted yesterday about the Awards/Actions not unlocking with the requested information in this thread.

Layne66
11-21-2012, 09:25 PM
I have also submitted a ticket to steam about the issue since it seems it might be steam related. Awaiting response from them.

enilsen16
11-21-2012, 10:18 PM
I purchased the digital deluxe version from gamestop and i am getting the same problems. I cant connect to the multiplayer or redeem any of my deluxe edition codes. Hopefully there is a fix soon cause we already waited a month to play the game.

enilsen16
11-21-2012, 10:20 PM
I contacted ubisoft too, the guy i spoke with walked me through of bunch of different things but i still cant connect to the multiplayer.

Layne66
11-21-2012, 10:26 PM
Maybe the thanksgiving patch will also fix this issue, or hopefully its fixed before then. Nothing we can do but wait.

RoBroGaming
11-21-2012, 10:29 PM
i have the same problem.

RoBroGaming
11-21-2012, 10:32 PM
Don't worry i have the same problem.

vagner995
11-21-2012, 10:59 PM
Same here, I bought it from a digital store here from brazil called Nuuvem, I got both the soundtrack and the washington diary, registered the game on Uplay but i cannot play multiplayer or get rewards, neither can I complete Uplay actions, Ubisoft PLEASE fix this, I really want to play multiplayer :(
Is it because it has to launch worldwide first, or is this just another bug?

KissMyKittyCat
11-22-2012, 01:21 AM
been sitting here, just waitting for a fix.. taking forever x.x only got the game for multiplayer...

StorchRock
11-22-2012, 01:32 AM
No MP for me either. Steam. Frustrated. Already waited and waited and then waited 20 more days. Only bought this game for the multiplayer.

tsvstrife
11-22-2012, 01:44 AM
well I pre-ordered my copy through steam aswell and indeed the Ubisoft servers are offline, but Uplay Launcher does work like it should :) Haven't started playing yet, cause I was wondering if there was any content out yet :)

Eitherway I'll wait patiently for a fix, nothing good can happen if everybody keeps nagging about the same thing, be happy that ATLEAST someone from Ubi takes their jobs serious and do everything in their power to help us, unlike some other companies (mostly mmo's) :)

Appl_Jax
11-22-2012, 02:16 AM
I purchased two copies of the game, the physical copy and the (non-steam) digital deluxe version from Game Stop.

Installing from the physical copy, I still have connection problems. Reinstalling using the digital deluxe downloaded version had the same issues. I've had Uplay installed for a while now with ACR but ACR started having problems ever since the Nov. 14 Uplay patch came out.

I was able to get everything to work when installing the physical copy onto another machine (which I this copy was meant for) that didn't previously have Uplay installed and created a new account. On that machine, we're able to connect to ubi servers and whatnot, though we haven't tried to play online on that one yet.

I have a feeling all these problems are related to ACR problems due to the Nov. 11 Uplay patch. I'll be going into more detail in my support ticket but this is what I have observed.

So in short, this is not a Steam-only problem, this is just a general problem which I suspect is a Uplay issue.

jhewt.sp
11-22-2012, 02:22 AM
Same problem here, LIMITED Mode and Steam Standard copy.

This is so frustrating, very low performance and now no MP at all... great :D

AMDParadox
11-22-2012, 02:28 AM
Steam in the US...

Cannot connect did all the port forwarding. Including DMZ. Deleted Host files. This is ridiculous. I am sick of companies giving PC players the shaft. This doesn't fix soon I am asking for a refund ...

"blows up Twitter with posts about this"

Appl_Jax
11-22-2012, 02:34 AM
I wonder, does everyone here who has this problem have an Solid State Hard Drive?

My main machine where I'm having these problems is all SSD. The other machine where it is working fine has the traditional HDD and doesn't have SSD.

I'm wondering if this makes any difference.

vagner995
11-22-2012, 02:39 AM
Just asking one more thing, Ubisoft devs, when you fix this post it here :)

jhewt.sp
11-22-2012, 02:39 AM
I wonder, does everyone here who has this problem have an Solid State Hard Drive?

My main machine where I'm having these problems is all SSD. The other machine where it is working fine has the traditional HDD and doesn't have SSD.

I'm wondering if this makes any difference.Nope, I've a normal SATA HDD... it is related to Ubisoft's servers.

xplayman
11-22-2012, 03:45 AM
Couldn't find a fix yesterday. Hoped they would at least fix it on Day 2 since the game was launched but nothing. Made a ticket already. Also on Steam (which seems unrelated). My unlocks I purchased with UPlay Rewards are not unlocked in the game (most likely because we can't get into Multiplayer anyway). I'll go back to SP I guess. Today's patch at least should have fixed some of my problems with the SP.

Appl_Jax
11-22-2012, 04:16 AM
Aha, I think I'm getting somewhere. I did some investigating and found something interesting.

On the second machine where I'm able to connect with the new uplay account, I tried logging in using my current uplay account. I was not able to connect to the servers in neither single-player nor multiplayer.

It appears this problem is in the uplay accounts, perhaps a something in the cloud?

I have another question for everyone, are you all first time uplay users or did you have an existing one?

Layne66
11-22-2012, 04:17 AM
Existing, as i have played brotherhood and revelations. very interesting find though btw.

joey1kanoby
11-22-2012, 04:42 AM
Ya im not able to connect at all.
Its a steam version, I exceed all requirements for connection and system performance.
I pre-ordered on steam, My location is Ontario Canada haha 45 min away from Ubisoft Montreal !
Ive checked everything linked my psn account to u-play and double checked a long list of possible problems and NOTHING.
And for the life of me I just want to know if this is my Issue or if ubisoft has made some kind of oversight.
Not mad... i just wanna know...
Please share anything more you find out guys.

Thanks and Happy hunting
J.Wilson

zarakon
11-22-2012, 05:56 AM
Aha, I think I'm getting somewhere. I did some investigating and found something interesting.

On the second machine where I'm able to connect with the new uplay account, I tried logging in using my current uplay account. I was not able to connect to the servers in neither single-player nor multiplayer.

It appears this problem is in the uplay accounts, perhaps a something in the cloud?

I have another question for everyone, are you all first time uplay users or did you have an existing one?

Existing account, used it to play Brotherhood, Revelations, and From Dust

CrimsonOrigin
11-22-2012, 06:14 AM
Joining the crowd. Bought from Steam but stuck in blasted Limited Mode.

Core3773
11-22-2012, 06:31 AM
I didnt get it from steam and i have the same "limited mode" problem. i agree with the others that the problem might be caused by Uplay itself or some kind of server problem.
Anyways i submitted my ticket and i will be a patient about this...for now

smokes_degrass
11-22-2012, 07:20 AM
same here, Steam standard version, can't connect to servers via single players "extra - Redeem code" menu option, and I can only get limited mode in multiplayer.

ALSO, I haven't gotten my uplay reward points for completing sequence 1 and 2.

Caerid11
11-22-2012, 07:40 AM

This is interesting. Of course, the game is already locked into my old UPlay account. Anybody know somebody who just created a new account to play this and have it working? If everybody with the problem has an existing account, then it should be easy enough to get Ubi to reset the accounts internally or let us transfer everything onto a new, fresh account.

Khelmo
11-22-2012, 08:45 AM
I too bought it from steam and can't play multiplayer.
I can log in uplay and play singleplayer fine though

mmilford
11-22-2012, 09:07 AM
my account is new just made it for this game and i cant redeem my bonus stuff from the Digital deluxe or play on multiplayer

thecrayola
11-22-2012, 09:34 AM
I've got the same exact problem. Pre-ordered the game through steam.

aTotalPerson
11-22-2012, 09:57 AM
Same problem as everyone else. This is incredibly frustrating. I only got this game for the multiplayer because it looked so cool.

kryingkingz
11-22-2012, 10:06 AM
This is interesting. Of course, the game is already locked into my old UPlay account. Anybody know somebody who just created a new account to play this and have it working? If everybody with the problem has an existing account, then it should be easy enough to get Ubi to reset the accounts internally or let us transfer everything onto a new, fresh account.

well, i made a new account for this game and it doesnt work, but i made it a day before the game came out, if that makes any difference.

HyperGopher
11-22-2012, 11:58 AM
pre-ordered the digital version from GameStop...and still have the same issue definitely not a steam issue

k0loon
11-22-2012, 01:16 PM
The first time I decided to buy the game in the steam, and here an unexpected bug in multiplayer, something is lost the desire to use the licensed games. :(

arthurfre
11-22-2012, 01:50 PM
So anyone got into multiplayer yet? I always get the limited mode screen.

I was wondering if people who bought directly from Uplay can connect to multiplayer, 'cause that would be ******** for us steam players.

zarakon
11-22-2012, 03:43 PM
There have been a few people in here who don't have the Steam version, and also can't connect.

There are also people on the Steam forums who are able to play

balrog1987
11-22-2012, 04:06 PM
I'm having the same issue( i have the Steam version of the game), + i didn't get my action points for completing sequence 1&2(though it showed a notification saying i had completed the action),+ to that the game isn't showing in "my games" in uplay(but that i suppose is because it was bought via Steam)..

Denilson0000
11-22-2012, 05:25 PM
Bought from Nuuvem too (Brazil) and only get limited mode

crekpozer
11-22-2012, 05:36 PM
Same here, I bought it from a digital store here from brazil called Nuuvem, I got both the soundtrack and the washington diary, registered the game on Uplay but i cannot play multiplayer or get rewards, neither can I complete Uplay actions, Ubisoft PLEASE fix this, I really want to play multiplayer :(
Is it because it has to launch worldwide first, or is this just another bug?

I know how you feel dude, I'm from Brazil and bought in the nuuvem

vagner995
11-22-2012, 05:38 PM
Seriously, Ubisoft is REALLY f****** PC gamers up. And nobody gives an explanation of what's really going on, why don't they just tell what's happening instead of keep sending messages like "we're working on it", seriously Ubisoft, iit's the first Ubisoft game I buy for PC and this happens...

denian-vs
11-22-2012, 05:38 PM
I know how you feel dude, I'm from Brazil and bought in the nuuvem

same here :(

DH12Owns
11-22-2012, 05:49 PM
Still not working here - and I am also not getting my uplay rewards token things :(

jenni843
11-22-2012, 05:50 PM
the servers on mine are down too...idk whats happening

StorchRock
11-22-2012, 07:05 PM
What's happening is that Ubisoft has ruined Thanksgiving.

StorchRock
11-22-2012, 07:07 PM
I feel ripped off. Ubisoft has not delivered what they sold.

vagner995
11-22-2012, 07:08 PM
I feel ripped off. Ubisoft has not delivered what they sold.

Exactly how I'm feeling :/

RavenSpear13
11-22-2012, 08:17 PM
Well, pre-ordered the game on steam, all excited for the Multiplayer, as I remember how fun it was back in Brotherhood (never got revelations.) To my surprise, actually, the game runs smoothly on my ****ty laptop, with only a few small hiccups in framerate in the larger cities. Gotten through sequence 7 now in the singleplayer, but every time I try connection to the multiplayer I get the same message everyone seems to have been getting and it places me back in Limited mode. Here's hoping they get all this squared away soon, because I really want to try multiplayer. I won't get out of hand here and blame ubisoft for all of this, but I am a tad bit annoyed that it wasn't available from the beginning

daveyalex
11-22-2012, 08:52 PM
I purchased the digital deluxe edition through Gamestop and am having the same issues. I used an old Uplay account though, since I have all the previous Assassin's Creed games, however I purchased all the previous ones through Steam.

Here's to hoping they solve this soon!

Hamuro1990
11-22-2012, 09:32 PM
Another pissed off brazilian here, bought from steam and can't play online.
Blizzard would have already fixed this hours after the releasing..

jerry11600
11-22-2012, 10:34 PM
lol, remember diablo?....

Lutulente
11-23-2012, 01:46 AM
Same problem bought through steam, limited mode i'm guessing either steam screwed us all over, or ubisoft are just lazy. even the singleplayer is still so buggy.

Layne66
11-23-2012, 03:12 AM
So I've looked around and have seen that even the consoles are still experiencing this problem?

Amelie_tho
11-23-2012, 03:18 AM
Add me to the list of Steam users who are currently extremely frustrated by not having multiplayer access since launch and whose upoint-earning achievements aren't registering correctly to Uplay..

Draeneth
11-23-2012, 03:38 AM
I'm having the same issue, so whatever is going on will hopefully be remedied soon

MonsterLSX
11-23-2012, 05:00 AM
I'm not sure what to do but to send you back to Support. I'm not seeing a lot of other reports of this. :/

Excuse my language but no ****. I bought my game through steam and im having this same problem. I seriously hope you guys fix this. Besides this issue you guys did an AMAZING job on the game so far. I love it!

MahBoi97125
11-23-2012, 05:06 AM
Same for me, bought off steam and multi player isn't working. This isn't a small problem for a few people this is major, I hope Ubisoft gets on it.

achmed91
11-23-2012, 05:32 AM
Exacly the same with me. Limited mode, i'm not getting the Uplay redemption points and i cant access extras in the single player. I feel it is somehow connected

Caerid11
11-23-2012, 05:46 AM
Is there anybody here having problems with store-bought or retail box copies of the game? Or is at all digital download purchases?

Lutulente
11-23-2012, 06:51 AM
I think its all digital copies.

Sinysh
11-23-2012, 07:00 AM
just adding my account to 1 of the hundreds of people who are being ignored

Fattness132
11-23-2012, 07:21 AM
Throwing my hat in here. Bought it on Steam and can't play multiplayer at all, nor do any of the 'animus hacks' at the end of the game due to "ubisoft servers [being] unavailable". Really ticked off at the moment.

Layne66
11-23-2012, 08:07 AM
I'm a little sad that this hasn't been fixed yet...oh well maybe tomorrow...

CharlieShahar25
11-23-2012, 08:11 AM
I'm a little sad that this hasn't been fixed yet...oh well maybe tomorrow...

One can only hope :P

roundpitt
11-23-2012, 08:21 AM
I also pre-ordered a copy of AC3 from Steam and have been unable to play multiplayer since I bought it. I've done everything listed within the FAQ and still cannot connect.
The only reason I bought this game was for the multiplayer.
How do I get my money back?

Evorsarator
11-23-2012, 08:26 AM
I firmly believe that this guy's point is the root of the problem. It seems launching Uplay via Steam and Uplay via the Uplay launcher are seperate from each other. Linking your AC3 code with the Steam-launched version of Uplay will make it unusable with the regular Uplay client. Please read this guys post!

http://steamcommunity.com/app/208480/discussions/0/864951657884246745/

I really hope a mod sees this. Try it yourselves if you don't believe it!

Amelie_tho
11-23-2012, 09:17 AM
I firmly believe that this guy's point is the root of the problem. It seems launching Uplay via Steam and Uplay via the Uplay launcher are seperate from each other. Linking your AC3 code with the Steam-launched version of Uplay will make it unusable with the regular Uplay client. Please read this guys post!

This is definitely the case, and should provide an incredibly strong pointer for the devs as to where the problem actually lies: Steam uses a slimmer version of Uplay with exclusive access to the game (can't re-register the key onto original Uplay) and seemingly no access to or compatibility with the Ubisoft servers. Non-Steam Uplay doesn't recognize us as having the game at all.

Now we just have to make sure they see it. Tweeting and sending support tickets would both increase those odds.

aTotalPerson
11-23-2012, 09:49 AM

I noticed this, but didn't think anything of it. Just figured it had something to do with Uplay being messed up in some other way. This guy's explanation makes sense, though.

arief0303
11-23-2012, 12:04 PM
I cant connect to the multiplayer too! :(

ZangetsuAC
11-23-2012, 12:40 PM
Interestingly enough when I downloaded and installed the UPlay Client from http://uplay.ubi.com/en-US/about/pc my Action Points from Mystery Guest finally synched so I guess that's progress. I won't play anymore until I can get online to claim my digital deluxe content though.

TERMIN4TOR1000
11-23-2012, 12:53 PM
I got the same limited mode error, but just clicked again to login and it did, first try and now works, except now even though i see searching for sessions for example 1/45 it keeps creating new sessions, same horrible matcmaking like in BH and REV

vagner995
11-23-2012, 12:59 PM
Still Limited mode for me :(

Seriously, I paid full price on this game to get it after and with the same content as someone who has pirated the game, because I can't get my extra stuff neither can I access multiplayer, I bought the WHOLE game for PC, what do I get? The same thing as a pirated version, just the single player, no bonuses, no multiplayer, nothing but the single player, Ubisoft, I'm a huge fan of your games but this is beggining to change.

Mr_Shade
11-23-2012, 01:13 PM
Guys I have updated the team with the new information, however please also make sure you're keeping in contact with support too!

nekov4ego
11-23-2012, 01:27 PM
I received an email today "Thanks for activating your AC3 on Uplay" or something like that. But when I go to AC Network and log in it says "no platform linked". Uplay on iOS says my game is linked but it doesn't update the Uplay actions I have completed.

This is just an addition to all of the major problem every (Steam) player here has—no multiplayer and no Uplay actions. I have sent an email to ubisoft support I hope they fix it soon because I want to play in the weekend. But really this time that's screwed up. I'd rather wait a bit more than receive a game that hasn't been finished. It's inaccessible and unplayable on release Ubisoft. I didn't read "doesn't work" in the description when I decided to spend my money on it.

Anyway no hard feelings. Just fix it soon : /

mathiias2010
11-23-2012, 01:41 PM
same problem. fix it guyss!!

gridghost141
11-23-2012, 01:45 PM
I keep getting "Ubi Soft serves are not available at this time. Please try again later, you are in limited mode.......eta"

TERMIN4TOR1000
11-23-2012, 01:47 PM
Dunno, im playing MP normally, oh btw does anyone know what button do i need to press to hang? i cant find it lol

Also its kinda hard to find matches, still the same ****ty matchmaking system from before, i bet we will need to open ports again

gridghost141
11-23-2012, 01:54 PM
its E

I'm really regretting getting this one for the PC. We shouldn't have to change, open, or update anything. Most people don't know how to do that, we should just be able to buy this game and be able to play everything with out a problem.

TLPICanon
11-23-2012, 02:20 PM
man this is bad :(
allways that limited mode
i only want to play ac3 online T_T

RavenSpear13
11-23-2012, 03:13 PM

I believe that this may be part of the issue. I downloaded the uplay launcher a few minutes ago and tried playing AC3 off of it, but when I tried launching it, the CD key prompt showed up, and told me that my CD key was in use with a different account. This certainly is not the case. I made the account only a few days ago FOR this game. The funny thing was that I still had the ten reward points from completing the first action in AC3, but none of my other rewards have unlocked at all.

Pleasefixmyacc
11-23-2012, 03:21 PM
Sigh, matches takes ~10 min...finding a match takes like 40-70 minutes.

RavenSpear13
11-23-2012, 05:29 PM
Sigh, matches takes ~10 min...finding a match takes like 40-70 minutes.

Still, consider yourself lucky that it actually works in some small way for you, lad

vagner995
11-23-2012, 05:40 PM
It's working for me now

Pieteris
11-23-2012, 05:46 PM
Ac3 MP doesn't work anymore.. I played only about a hour .. The idea of the game,graphics and physics are great,but can you atleast one time do something like other normal companies ?

sharkdrutt
11-23-2012, 05:50 PM
This is ridiculous....it all started with AC brotherhood...the same issue....2 games later....

They still have the same problem....

Even a donkey doesn't hit its head twice ...the same spot...

D3adp1z
11-23-2012, 05:50 PM
It's Not Steam It seems To be ALL Digital Copy's.

I got mine Through the GameStopPC App
and I have The Same Issues.

Pieteris
11-23-2012, 05:52 PM

Yeah i also bought digital copy. If they don't care we must spam to be noticed ..

vagner995
11-23-2012, 05:55 PM
I connected miraculously right now

nola2k8
11-23-2012, 05:57 PM
well i can redeem codes and i got my uplay action points. it also seems to connect in multiplayer but i still get thrown in limited mode.

sharkdrutt
11-23-2012, 05:58 PM

No it's also with the physical copy's....

I can't connect to any MP

arthurfre
11-23-2012, 06:00 PM
No word from the devs yet? this is totally BS...

We bought the game so we could support the company and enjoy all of its content, including mutliplayer.

If we wanted just the single player part, we could've got it for free....

docfunbags
11-23-2012, 06:02 PM
I connected miraculously right now

Yes - just miraculously started working for me now too. Can access the extra content.

Knew something was different when I started and it had news/tips scrolling at the bottom of my main menu.

Pieteris
11-23-2012, 06:12 PM
PLEASE UBISOFT sell your franchise to some one else !

CharlieShahar25
11-23-2012, 06:13 PM
Oh god I wanna cry. It still doesnt let me in.....It shows a longer more detaied logging process yet it still says that the servers are unavalable......

zarakon
11-23-2012, 06:15 PM
This is definitely the case, and should provide an incredibly strong pointer for the devs as to where the problem actually lies: Steam uses a slimmer version of Uplay with exclusive access to the game (can't re-register the key onto original Uplay) and seemingly no access to or compatibility with the Ubisoft servers. Non-Steam Uplay doesn't recognize us as having the game at all.

Now we just have to make sure they see it. Tweeting and sending support tickets would both increase those odds.
I think that by some twisted reasoning, this is how Ubisoft actually intends for it to work. Several places in their support FAQs they state that if you bought the game through Steam, you can only run it through Steam. Why they want that restriction, I can't imagine. To anyone who tries to actually run the standalone UPlay, it makes it look like it isn't working correctly. It makes UPlay look bad, makes Ubisoft look bad, it's convoluted and it's obviously error-prone.

You buy the game from Steam, but it still requires you to run it through your UPlay account. But at the same time, it's not actually registered to your UPlay account? It just doesn't make sense.

As a comparison, I bought Borderlands 2 through Green Man Gaming, but I actually play it through Steam just like a normal Steam game. How stupid would it be if it didn't actually show up in my Steam account, but instead there was some GMG client that launched some gimp version of Steam to run the game?

If buying it through Steam just gave you a key to enter into UPlay and the AC3 entry in Steam was just a link to UPlay (the regular version of it!) that would be better. If the Steam version was able to launch directly without going through UPlay, that would also be better. But instead they've gone with this in-between scheme that's worse in every way.

RamserX
11-23-2012, 06:18 PM
so my friend was stuck in limited mode and now he's able to play because hes' not in limited mode anymore

meanwhile i wasn't in limited mode and now I am :mad: oh and it's not just the digital versions seeing as i have a physical copy

j0kay
11-23-2012, 06:18 PM
I have the same problem. It worked for me until a few hours ago. Now i am stuck in limited mode. Preordered on Steam.

crekpozer
11-23-2012, 06:30 PM
my game is working perfectly in a miraculous way

and I did nothing

Mccoovy
11-23-2012, 06:40 PM
same issue. got it on steam. It sounds like this issue is so widespread it has reduced the matchmaking pool to a small group of people. i hope it works when i get home -_-. sry for my harsh words earlier.

theopalprince
11-23-2012, 06:43 PM
Not working for me. Bought through steam.

zarakon
11-23-2012, 06:52 PM
same issue. Ubisoft mods are being ******ed and ignoring this because when people find out the multiplayer does not work they go play single player. Just a few people find they are able to get in and then they lose that access soon. It better work when i get home -_-.
I wouldn't say they're ignoring it. There are several posts from one of the Ubisoft mods in this thread.

CharlieShahar25
11-23-2012, 06:56 PM
I dnt get it . some said they can play now but I never could, only single player works...

kryingkingz
11-23-2012, 07:30 PM

Interesting man, good job spotting that... I assume its an intentional feature, probably by steam in order to force us to use steam, keep the steam overlay and talk to our steam contacts in-game, but it could be malfunctioning.

kryingkingz
11-23-2012, 07:33 PM
also, if it makes any difference, I noticed something different now when i try log in to MP, before there was just that thing about trying to connect to abstergo... and then the error message. but now there are a few different statuses, first one about abstergo, and then one about animus synchronization, and then something else, and then the error message.

sharkdrutt
11-23-2012, 07:34 PM
Interesting man, good job spotting that... I assume its an intentional feature, probably by steam in order to force us to use steam, keep the steam overlay and talk to our steam contacts in-game, but it could be malfunctioning.

It has nothing to do with steam...as even the physical copy owners have the same issue...

k0loon
11-23-2012, 07:43 PM
Just check out the multiplayer is included - Earn! :o

raphaelrtw
11-23-2012, 07:57 PM
It just says that is no one playing any game at the moment.

Yesterday I played 3 or 4 games, but today I can't even connect to anyone. No lag, no delay, no bad connection at games or other players, nothing.

I bought ACR on the release and it was nothing like this. I don't think this is normal al tall.

kryingkingz
11-23-2012, 08:03 PM
It has nothing to do with steam...as even the physical copy owners have the same issue...
Proportionally there have been a lot less complaints from physical copy users, It could be that they have a different issues, as the message is a standard one for any failure in connection, the fact there is a bunch of physical copies that might have ****ty routers, has nothing to do with it. or maybe not, maybe you're right and its a different issue, but we need to be careful not to lump everything together.

Revass1n
11-23-2012, 08:09 PM
This is great same I got same old problem as with Assassins Creed Brotherhood I cannot find any session or join any because the TCP (remote port): 80, 443 are blocked by my ISP Telenet (they block everything below 1023) I hope they fix this again otherwise I just spend a lot of money for half a game...

Layne66
11-23-2012, 08:12 PM
My game is suddenly working now. I can connect to ubisoft servers now! Awesome!

EDIT: i cant connect to mp still.....it just gets farther into the connection attempt then fails.
EDTEDIT: it seems to work now.

Sinysh
11-23-2012, 08:14 PM
me too, but no games, and half the time i get disconnected from the server and have to go online again

Hamuro1990
11-23-2012, 08:19 PM
I can now login, the "limited" **** is now gone, i did NOTHING.
I hope you guys can now be able to multiplayer..
AND I HOPE, noobsoft fix this problem for everyone..

CharlieShahar25
11-23-2012, 08:19 PM

EDIT: i cant connect ot mp still.....it just gets farther into the connection attempt then fails.

same with me. I'm starting to lose hope about this game....

connor_bg
11-23-2012, 08:26 PM

EDIT: i cant connect to mp still.....it just gets farther into the connection attempt then fails.
EDTEDIT: it seems to work now.

How did you managed to fix it?
I still have this limited mode crap.

KissMyKittyCat
11-23-2012, 08:31 PM
I got online now, but cant find any matches...

Also just randomly D/c

chizzy12
11-23-2012, 08:46 PM
Not in limited mode anymore, but when i try to get a game going it find like 1 guy then starts over again.

hopefully it will be fixed soon

Pro100Be3yH4uk
11-23-2012, 08:48 PM
I am from Russia and I have the same problem, I can not go to the multiplayer, wrote that there is no access to the services of Ubisoft and switches in my limited mode .... Hope to fix it as soon as possible .... :mad:

kouger29
11-23-2012, 08:55 PM
I goy my AC3 yesterday lunchtime (uk) installed straight away, patched to 1.01, reset my router, checked upnp, opened required ports (same balls as every AC multiplayer) and then played the game for the rest of the day. Today - Been trying since lunchtime and have made it into 1 game of deathmatch, Same problems as everyone else and its a retail version btw. After dinner tho i connected to the servers fine but i played Wolfpack solo to unlock dark gear and it was all going well, so i tried deathmatch again - goes to 4/10 no connects then creates, etc... but when i quit to start new search - "unavailable servers excuse". I just try the "Go Online" button, it connects fine and i go back to playing Wolfpack but i notice all my gear has been reset, my freinds all show as being lvl 1s but yet the stuff i have bought/unlocked are still bought & unlocked, i just have to re-select em in character screen and in abilitys. Sorry fer being so long winded but if it helps.....

TheLeoCrow
11-23-2012, 08:55 PM
Let me join the club of people who suffer from the "limited mode" problem. Ah, i'm starting to regret buying it...

Layne66
11-23-2012, 08:59 PM
ya i can get in the game now but no matches are up....so im still not able to play mp

Hamuro1990
11-23-2012, 09:01 PM
And iam back to limited mode again.. Thats so sweet.. oh boy..
from now on, only blizzard stuff will be allowed in my house..

Revass1n
11-23-2012, 09:19 PM
You guys need to check with your ISP if they might block the ports that you are required to open. And if this is the issue make a ticket about this at the Ubisoft support. This was a big issue with Assassin's Creed Brotherhood.

Amelie_tho
11-23-2012, 10:15 PM
You guys need to check with your ISP if they might block the ports that you are required to open. And if this is the issue make a ticket about this at the Ubisoft support. This was a big issue with Assassin's Creed Brotherhood.

I'm not sure if you've read the thread at all, but that's emphatically not the issue.

Also, they're definitely doing something with it, because I was able to actually log in today, same as some others, but with an incredibly limited ability to actually find games. As in, 'there basically are none'. I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that they're not done tinkering, and that this is an extension of the previous problem still awaiting resolution.

At least, I hope so.

jerry11600
11-23-2012, 10:17 PM
wich ports are we talking about?

daveyalex
11-23-2012, 10:39 PM
So I finally was able redeem my DLC, got the Uplay points added to my account, and can access the multiplayer (not that the matchmaking system is really working yet). So they're definitely doing something about this mess (finally!)

Revass1n
11-23-2012, 11:37 PM
I'm not sure if you've read the thread at all, but that's emphatically not the issue.
At least, I hope so.

Yes I read the first 6-8 pages and there is no specific problem except that people are either in limited mode or just cant find any session. This also happened when Brotherhood came out (Not being able to find sessions) and some people had issue with their ISP blocking the ports below 1000 rang http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1800156

wich ports are we talking about?

Assassin's Creed III Ports:
TCP (remote port*): 80, 443
UDP (local port*): 3074

Uplay Launcher:
TCP: 13000, 14000, 14008

My ISP Telenet blocks everything under the 1023 port range so I cannot play unless Ubisoft changes/add the port range to something above 1023 range.

*The local port is the port on your computer, the remote port is the port on the other end.

vagner995
11-23-2012, 11:47 PM
also, if it makes any difference, I noticed something different now when i try log in to MP, before there was just that thing about trying to connect to abstergo... and then the error message. but now there are a few different statuses, first one about abstergo, and then one about animus synchronization, and then something else, and then the error message.

Mine worked but couldn't get into matches, now it's happening the same thing bus SP works fine now

sharkdrutt
11-23-2012, 11:59 PM
It seems its not only AC III, but also AC Brotherhood, revelations....

I tried to find some games there but ....same story, coudn't find any game session..

I tell you .... something is wrong with their SERVERS!

TheLeoCrow
11-24-2012, 12:01 AM
I know for a fact that the ports aren't blocked by my isp (nor do they block or limit anything else)
I have always been able to connect to AC games, with green nat (in ACR and AC3 when it manages to not be in limited mode for a few minutes)
And nothing changes if i disable both my software and my hardware firewall

So, no it's not a problem on my end. The majority of the people in this thread are innocent in this too.

chimp306
11-24-2012, 12:07 AM
i have tried everything over the last 4 hours, im baked with this now. Digital copy but not through steam and i am having the same issues most of you are reporting. NAT is open, i have no idea what else to try

dev response would go a long way to calming my nerd rage at the moment, had issues with the last Ubisoft game i purchased, this is my last of that i am certain. Its when stuff is broken they show themselves for what they really are... please prove me wrong, show that my past experience was not normal.

Yuzker
11-24-2012, 12:15 AM
Tried to find multiplayer match for 1 hour - no luck...........

TERMIN4TOR1000
11-24-2012, 12:22 AM
Yes I read the first 6-8 pages and there is no specific problem except that people are either in limited mode or just cant find any session. This also happened when Brotherhood came out (Not being able to find sessions) and some people had issue with their ISP blocking the ports below 1000 rang http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1800156

Uplay Launcher:

My ISP Telenet blocks everything under the 1023 port range so I cannot play unless Ubisoft changes/add the port range to something above 1023 range.

*The local port is the port on your computer, the remote port is the port on the other end.
So, according to you, every ISP provider in the world is guilty for this problem and not UBI? Also if they know what the fuccking problem is and have it since BH, why the fucck not fix it? Jesus

KissMyKittyCat
11-24-2012, 12:40 AM
im just going to ignore JustiXnl, i know hes trying to help~ but we already ruled that out. it all started when they did a uplay update.

RamserX
11-24-2012, 01:11 AM

Uplay Launcher:

seeing as before I did nto have the issue and now i suddenly do, it's not ports

Seeing as there are reports of even UBISOFT EMPLOYEE'S having this iseue at their homes and being unable to fix it, ports are not the issue

Revass1n
11-24-2012, 01:17 AM
So, according to you, every ISP provider in the world is guilty for this problem and not UBI? Also if they know what the fuccking problem is and have it since BH, why the fucck not fix it? Jesus

im just going to ignore JustiXnl, i know hes trying to help~ but we already ruled that out. it all started when they did a uplay update.

seeing as before I did nto have the issue and now i suddenly do, it's not ports

Seeing as there are reports of even UBISOFT EMPLOYEE'S having this iseue at their homes and being unable to fix it, ports are not the issue

Just because you people dont have any problem regarding ISP blocking the ports that are required too be forwarded doesnt mean other people dont have this problem...

Core3773
11-24-2012, 01:39 AM
Well i just tried it today and its working, and i got to play a match relativity quickly. I think the long waiting time is due to the less amount of ppl on the PC server. Hope you guys can have it fixed it soon :)

Layne66
11-24-2012, 03:51 AM
it seems that not only am I having problems getting into a match, i can't get into any of my friends games or vice versa

LieutenantWorf.
11-24-2012, 04:53 AM
It seems like the basics for online are working, I can play about 1 game every hour before massive connection issues making it impossible to play with others, can't play with friends. But at least the servers are available, it's really nice to see they're working to try and fix this issue, please don't stop now! =)

CharlieShahar25
11-24-2012, 05:35 AM
it seems that not only am I having problems getting into a match, i can't get into any of my friends games or vice versa

Dude I'm still with Limited Mode....

KissMyKittyCat
11-24-2012, 05:38 AM
takes me like 3 trys to get online, but still cant play matches. so im just playing wolfpack to lvl up. hope they fix it soon

kryingkingz
11-24-2012, 05:56 AM
Well, it works now, i connected right away, and had 7 ppl in the match at one time, played 4 rounds, and then everyone bailed, can't find any matches. also, can't join with friends

DeMoH93
11-24-2012, 11:29 AM
Still doesn't work for me... And it worked perfectly on 22 November...

SneakyCharlie
11-24-2012, 12:16 PM
I know. Same thing for me. It worked great on thursday but since yesterday I can't get into games, can't invite or be invited by friends and also limited mode every time I want to play. Great job ubisoft !!!

froid420
11-24-2012, 12:32 PM
Multiplayer is down for me as well, they are probably doing maintenace or some **** hopefully, it was like this yesterday too.

DmAxD
11-24-2012, 01:37 PM
i'm very angry cause i cant play mp because it shows orange NAT

i tried open ports disable firewall etc and didnt work and i cant play mp!!

am i doing wrong?

http://i47.tinypic.com/2qlsth4.png

RexNovus
11-24-2012, 01:44 PM
Cant get into MP, limited mode blabla and if by some miracle I can connect, I still can't get into any servers. Way to go Ubisoft, way to go. Again.

Oxford_of_Dale
11-24-2012, 02:25 PM
Limited mode all the time, after about an average of 5 reconnects I get the opportunity to go through the 'looking for game sessions,' 'attempting to join game session,' and 'creating game session,' - rinse and repeat, and then back to the main menu. Try again. Same thing, then puts me back in limited mode.

sa929
11-24-2012, 02:32 PM
Limited mode all the time, after about an average of 5 reconnects I get the opportunity to go through the 'looking for game sessions,' 'attempting to join game session,' and 'creating game session,' - rinse and repeat, and then back to the main menu. Try again. Same thing, then puts me back in limited mode.
+1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 0000000000000

Face.Ache
11-24-2012, 04:05 PM
i'm very angry cause i cant play mp because it shows orange NAT

i tried open ports disable firewall etc and didnt work and i cant play mp!!

am i doing wrong?

http://i47.tinypic.com/2qlsth4.png

Reset your router to default settings first, then enter the ports this will probably set your NAT to green. Though don't expect MP to work by doing this you still won't be able to join any matches.

DmAxD
11-24-2012, 04:08 PM
Reset your router to default settings first, then enter the ports this will probably set your NAT to green. Though don't expect MP to work by doing this you still won't be able to join any matches.

Hi thanks for reply

i've opened ports successfuly and checked it for see its open or not and i see its ok

but i'm not able to play mp continues to orange NAT

ryqst
11-24-2012, 04:35 PM
Hi thanks for reply

i've opened ports successfuly and checked it for see its open or not and i see its ok

but i'm not able to play mp continues to orange NAT

Well.. it doesn't work with the green NAT anyways. Is there any information about that Ubisoft is taking some actions or anything?

PRINCE........
11-24-2012, 05:23 PM
ut i'm not able to play mp continues to orange NAT

I have green NAT and I can't play either.

DmAxD
11-24-2012, 05:41 PM
I have green NAT and I can't play either.

have u opened port?

if u do tell me how i can

i need green nat :(

Pleasefixmyacc
11-24-2012, 05:42 PM
Doubt i'll buy another pc product from ubi. Consoles having any issues atm?

Darkphizer
11-24-2012, 05:49 PM
Doubt i'll buy another pc product from ubi. Consoles having any issues atm?

Consoles have reports of having the same network issues as the PC version, being on Limited mode the entire time and can't get out of it. Also reports of people having game session issues, just like the ones on PC but on PS3. So it's really something on their end. I hope they fix it soon.

jackyflc
11-24-2012, 06:06 PM
I am on Green NAT but it's forever on "Looking for game sessions" and also "Waiting for players". Never once successfully joined a game.

Darkphizer
11-24-2012, 06:51 PM
I am on Green NAT but it's forever on "Looking for game sessions" and also "Waiting for players". Never once successfully joined a game.

I've had some luck yesterday when I tried connecting on/off for about 4 hours, and then eventually when i've found a game, it mostly lasted for 4-5 matches so i was able to rank up to lvl 7. But it's ridiculous how low it sometimes can take.... i'm also on green NAT type. But I still get connection issues, the same as every one else. A friend of mine is on orange NAt type and he was even more lucky. So it has got nothing to do with the NAT type, it's deff a server issue. The more we post, the more likely they are to fixing this - I hope -

Face.Ache
11-24-2012, 07:21 PM
So any word from ubisoft confirming this problem?

Sinysh
11-24-2012, 07:24 PM
none, there is someone from ubisoft posting on Facebook, but all he/she does is point to that trouble shoot page, with the ports, that does nothing or tell people to report it

czekus990
11-24-2012, 07:35 PM
i also made green NAT http://i45.tinypic.com/28v9bvs.png
but still:
"Limited mode all the time, after about an average of 5 reconnects I get the opportunity to go through the 'looking for game sessions,' 'attempting to join game session,' and 'creating game session,' - rinse and repeat, and then back to the main menu. Try again. Same thing, then puts me back in limited mode."
Suport said that 23.11.2012 ubisoft can change some safety rules for bad configured net.
IHUH :confused:
They also said 2 make service pack 1 if you don't have ... i did that but still doesn't work
I had same luck like Darkphizer at 22.11.2012 i can play matches withoutany problems and i reached 16lvl...:mad:

AgentN25
11-24-2012, 08:16 PM
Really, Ubisoft? Your servers suck this much? I hope you realize that you are alienating whatever audience actually played your multiplayer anyway. I've been playing since Brotherhood, and I am just about ready to give it up due to this garbage. Get on it now, Ubi, or you've lost mine and many others' business.

itzgerimaxx
11-24-2012, 08:44 PM
Same thing, the limited mode and all described earlier. It's really unfair since i payed for the game and i also wish to enjoy Multiplayer. Ubisoft needs to fix this FAST.

rrross
11-24-2012, 09:24 PM
Fix it or give us our money back.

DmAxD
11-24-2012, 09:39 PM
i also made green NAT http://i45.tinypic.com/28v9bvs.png
but still:
"Limited mode all the time, after about an average of 5 reconnects I get the opportunity to go through the 'looking for game sessions,' 'attempting to join game session,' and 'creating game session,' - rinse and repeat, and then back to the main menu. Try again. Same thing, then puts me back in limited mode."
Suport said that 23.11.2012 ubisoft can change some safety rules for bad configured net.
IHUH :confused:
They also said 2 make service pack 1 if you don't have ... i did that but still doesn't work
I had same luck like Darkphizer at 22.11.2012 i can play matches withoutany problems and i reached 16lvl...:mad:

i'm doing same things to u but i'm still orange nat

http://i50.tinypic.com/2qn6pvo.png

czekus990
11-24-2012, 09:48 PM
Mb try off UpNp if on ;) http://i46.tinypic.com/2zjgcv5.jpg

SneakyCharlie
11-24-2012, 09:54 PM
I can't believe they are doing this to the people that ACTUALLY BUY the game. If it weren't for the multiplayer, I wouldn't have probably even bought the game. If they don't care about PC gamers why do they even port the game?

Guilleromo1
11-24-2012, 09:56 PM
I didn't buy it through steam, and have the same problem. :(

MarviNacho
11-24-2012, 10:05 PM
I can't believe they are doing this to the people that ACTUALLY BUY the game. If it weren't for the multiplayer, I wouldn't have probably even bought the game. If they don't care about PC gamers why do they even port the game?

nah, that's not it. Console players have the same problem. It would be better to ask "if they don't care about the people who buy the game, why do they even offer a customer support?", because they obviously don't see the mistake on their end.

EDIT: Also, I bought it through their AMAZING DRM "service" UPlay and it's not working eiher, so I can confirm that this is not just a huge campaign to get people to use that piece of crap.

bri2ny
11-24-2012, 10:38 PM
I have a non-steam version. I was able to play perfectly fine two days ago (On the 22nd), but I was having minor connectivity issues in Multiplayer...such as when a player went into animations to kill me, or I went into animations to kill another player---the characters would freeze up. Sometimes the NPC's in the background would too, and it would stay frozen for a full minute or two with the background audio still playing...then it would kick me from the match. This was not very consistent throughout the night, though it was extremely annoying. When I logged on again the next day to play, my game version was changed to the Czech Republic's on Uplay and I was unable to bring up either Singleplayer or Multiplayer. That was quickly resolved by Direct2Play (the service I bought the game from). Though after that, My Multiplayer stats were unfortunately reset and my save file from the Singleplayer campaign was deleted. I had to start all over again! And if that wasn't enough, to make it worse I was unable to connect to Multiplayer at all. I only sometimes got matches through "Quick Match", never through "Custom Match". I woke up today to try again, but yet the problem still persists. I can only assume my ports are fine and my firewall/antivirus have nothing to do with it if I was able to play perfectly fine with minor issues only a few days ago (along with many other players). I am disappointed by Ubisoft's services. This was an issue back in Assassin's Creed Revelations as well, and they have yet to fix that! I have little hope this issue will get resolved either. I regret buying this game entirely.

Hyourin09
11-24-2012, 10:52 PM
I tried connecting like an hour ago. I only found 1 player, then it disconnected, and said that session was lost and I was sent back to the main menu. Has happened three times so far, still trying to connect. So far I'm lucky though, I haven't had any problem with the single player, but I guess it'll pop up.

SixKeys
11-24-2012, 11:05 PM
I was also able to play fine on the 22nd, today I've been stuck in limited mode. A lot of people seem to be having the same problem today. Would be nice to get an acknowledgment from Ubi that the team is aware of these problems.

fr0stdude
11-25-2012, 12:04 AM
Ubisoft has proven to be just another band of crooks. They take your money advertising false information (False Advertising) which so happens to be illegal. They are making us believe that they are hard working developers when in reality they are just misfits compared to other companies. This in fact could be taken to a high court by someone who has the means, especially due to the great amount of extortion they have committed.

chimp306
11-25-2012, 12:08 AM
Still have a green NAT and been trying 3 hours tonight to get some MP game time.

Im actually starting to wonder, maybe nobody has the game on pc and is trying MP at the same time i am, maybe thats why i cant get games??

so who has been trying with no success within a couple of hours of this post?

EDIT - should add every couple of searches i end up in limited mode and have to reconnect :(

chimp306
11-25-2012, 12:26 AM
now cant connect at all.

ill give ubi to midweek to make an official statement to the community on all of this, even just a "we are looking at it" would do. if no news by then i think ill just move on but it will definately be the last Ubi title i purchase.

This feels so much like the last time i had issues with Ubisoft. :(

StinkyRatz
11-25-2012, 01:03 AM
I was also able to play on the 22nd, then on the 23rd and again today, limited mode again. Can't connect. Crazy.:(

MarviNacho
11-25-2012, 01:11 AM

EDIT - should add every couple of searches i end up in limited mode and have to reconnect :(

Exactly like you say. The only thing that's KINDA working is Wolfpack where I can get a match every 5 tries or so, and as long as we stay together we can play a few rounds; last time it threw me into limited mode at the end of the third round or so.

If this doesn't get fixed I am not going to purchase another Ubisoft game again and tell my friends to stay away from this company.

BobStickman
11-25-2012, 01:43 AM
Still have a green NAT and been trying 3 hours tonight to get some MP game time.

Im actually starting to wonder, maybe nobody has the game on pc and is trying MP at the same time i am, maybe thats why i cant get games??

EXACT same situation here. I'm pretty sure enough people have the game and are trying to play multiplayer. This seems like a problem on Ubisoft's end.

chimp306
11-25-2012, 02:09 AM
well to update - as the time zone shift and fellow gamers from over the water (im in the uk) come online i managed to get a couple of games in, i cant stay with them though, end of the game it all falls apart and im back to square one.

Firstly, im not staying up till 1am to play this

secondly it leads me to a conclusion - its something to do with the match making thats broken.

mustafa_sg
11-25-2012, 02:19 AM
EXACT same situation here. I'm pretty sure enough people have the game and are trying to play multiplayer. This seems like a problem on Ubisoft's end.

I have exactly the same problem

Devilynnx
11-25-2012, 02:23 AM
when his back servers I am very booring

Appl_Jax
11-25-2012, 06:06 AM
Wow... I just attempted to connect right this moment and I was able to connect (finally). Now it will just be a matter of finding games with other people.

Edit:
Correction, I was able to connect briefly, false alarm. I went through the initial training that goes on and attempted to join a Deathmatch game and got thrown into an Assassinate game... left that. Tried to search again and then got booted into limited mode... Restarting the game doesn't help and I'm stuck in limited mode again.

StinkyRatz
11-25-2012, 08:12 AM
Give this a try. Make sure your Windows firewall has not only Assassin's Creed 3 as an allowed program, but also Steam and UPlay as well. I had to add UPlay, and I got into MP. Just a suggestion. For some reason, UPlay was not in my allowed programs for Windows firewall.

bri2ny
11-25-2012, 08:33 AM
Give this a try. Make sure your Windows firewall has not only Assassin's Creed 3 as an allowed program, but also Steam and UPlay as well. I had to add UPlay, and I got into MP. Just a suggestion. For some reason, UPlay was not in my allowed programs for Windows firewall.

Tried it just now, still can't connect to Multiplayer.

bri2ny
11-25-2012, 08:36 AM
well to update - as the time zone shift and fellow gamers from over the water (im in the uk) come online i managed to get a couple of games in, i cant stay with them though, end of the game it all falls apart and im back to square one.

Firstly, im not staying up till 1am to play this

secondly it leads me to a conclusion - its something to do with the match making thats broken.

Possibly. But many people that are complaining on this thread are being put in "Limited Mode" when attempting to connect to Multiplayer...which is clearly on Ubisoft's part. Many of us can't even get as far as you are...like me :(

Appl_Jax
11-25-2012, 09:28 AM
Ok I think I figured out what is going on right now.

Upon initial startup of multiplayer, you will probably end up being in limited mode. If you attempt to reconnect by "going online," you will probably still get the limited mode message and stay in limited mode. If you keep trying again, you'll still get the limited mode message but you'll find that you will actually be connected and you are not in limited mode (at least, this is the case when you had gone through the initial tutorials).

My theory, the servers are just being terribly slow and the responses are just taking so long. I managed to get in a couple of games and leveled up to 7 where I can start buying some abilities and ability sets. Every transaction takes a long time to go through (over a minute every time). It even got to the point where I was attempting to purchase a skill while the next game was getting ready to start. The "please wait" screen when doing any action stayed indefinitely while I can hear the sounds as if I was in the game (music, crowd, death, etc.). The only thing I could do was bring up the player list and couldn't even cancel anything. I had to force-quit the game (Alt+F4).

Just hang in there guys, It's almost at a working state. If the above doesn't work for you, sorry. If it does, then yay for you. :)

errorproxy
11-25-2012, 09:34 AM
This is absolute ****ing ****.

How can a company release such a shoddy game.

Been playing since the first and I've been loving the MP since Brotherhood.

Real disappointment.

The only solution as of now is just keep trying to connect. It'll let you in eventually but then getting disconnected from games is another issue. If you're lucky enough to even find a game that is.

AntiChrist7
11-25-2012, 09:37 AM
Im pretty sure the servers are up and running. Its just that a lot of us have problems making contact to them, resulting being put in limited mode. Its likely some miscommunication between the account and the server. As a result, the people who can bypass limited mode will find barely any players, because 1) most people are now playing SP 2) those who want to play dont get in

Lumicko
11-25-2012, 09:44 AM
Same problem! But after release i was able to join Ubi servers no limited mode... but didnt play went into SP... And yesterday and today i cant connect to UBI servers :(

Sant4
11-25-2012, 09:49 AM
It STILL doesn't work for me :mad:

Why am I not ALLOWED to play it, I am pretty sure I payed for it...did we at least FINALLY get notice on what the problem is?
Or that they are even AWARE that there is this problem at might maybe, if they are having a good day and feel generous, fix it?

justanotherpre
11-25-2012, 10:33 AM
I also can't play MP in PC to :(

sa929
11-25-2012, 10:52 AM
Ubisoft buy normal server!. If what information when works MP?
:mad::nonchalance::(:confused:

Cyborg-D88
11-25-2012, 12:04 PM
Ok I'm a UK player.
I have a more than capable PC and have not been able to connect to multiplayer since Friday (Release day).
The single player works perfectly no issues, not even a single crash! So yes, congrats on a decent port.

Q. Does anyone have ANY info on multiplayer connectivity yet? Ports or anything like this?
Q. Could the problem be something entirely different?!

Ubisoft i think you need to start responding to your PAYING customers like ASAP! Its no wonder people feel compelled to pirate your games when you release games that only half work!

/Rant over.

MarviNacho
11-25-2012, 12:30 PM
Ubisoft i think you need to start responding to your PAYING customers like ASAP! Its no wonder people feel compelled to pirate your games when you release games that only half work!

Yes, it's pretty sad when they complain about numbers like "95% Piracy Rate!" and then mess up the ONE element that you can't get through pirating and the reason many people bought it instead of just pirating it and be done with it, I know it was mine.

IASoldier
11-25-2012, 01:22 PM
Ok I'm a UK player.
I have a more than capable PC and have not been able to connect to multiplayer since Friday (Release day).
The single player works perfectly no issues, not even a single crash! So yes, congrats on a decent port.

Q. Does anyone have ANY info on multiplayer connectivity yet? Ports or anything like this?

/Rant over.

The problem comes from their servers. Not from us. We just have to wait to play the game we bought. So usual these days.

ibrakadabra8r
11-25-2012, 02:58 PM
Ok I'm a UK player.

/Rant over.
Exactly!

gridghost141
11-25-2012, 03:32 PM
Well i can get into MP, but when i try to find a match. It doesnt fine any or i might get match with one or two people then they get DC or leave cause no one can fine a game to join. i changed my ports to what they asked and that didnt helped.