PDA

View Full Version : Viewpoint guide?

Gh0st0fSparta8
11-20-2012, 07:13 PM
Hey everyone, I am getting the feeling I am missing some view points. Most notably in the Frontier, in the 'Packanack' and 'Valley Forge' area. The Packanack area when I look at the hunting map it isn't green at all like the rest of the areas so it's like I have never been there. I keep finding stuff in these areas that are not on the map. I have played all AC games and I always sync every single view point in the game and it is killing me that I don't know where these are, if I have missed some. I also feel like I am missing some in Northern New York, I think I have 1 more string of Liberation missions to liberate that section but nothing shows up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

ctuagent15
11-20-2012, 07:48 PM
Viewpoints don't uncover the whole map this time, you have to explore the map. Some markers don't show up in unexplored areas of the map so you have go find them, also you have to find the liberation missions in New York

Krayus Korianis
11-20-2012, 11:21 PM
I'm at 80% Viewpoints and I unlocked them all on the map... I'm wondering if there's 20% of them that are hidden...

joeyhayes
11-21-2012, 12:10 AM
When synching them in the frontier, how do you get back down from the big tree viewpoints? They don't always have a haystack or bunch of leaves, and if they do you can't see them from the viewpoint. Have tried to climb back down slowly using drop/hang then pressing down, but Connor just hangs off the branch refusing to move. So I just jump off and hope to hit a few branches on the way down to break the fall, killing myself more often than not.

Am I being incredibly stupid and missing something??

Gianavel
11-21-2012, 01:33 AM
Viewpoints are one of the things that aren't hidden by the map fog. If you don't see a viewpoint on the map, it's not there.

Those tree viewpoints in the Frontier were a bit of a pain. I started making sure I found the haystack BEFORE I climbed the tree, just so I had an idea as to where I needed to jump. Even then, it was a bit of a crapshoot.

BigJonnyC
11-21-2012, 12:06 PM
I don't know if it's just me but one of those viewpoints is broken for me. The big tree that's right next to a fort. I climb halfway up to a point were you jump from on branch to another, right below it a pile of hay or dead branches or whatever. Every time I try to climb up the tree I always to the leap of faith jump, which seems look and feel more realistic than that 2-3 ft auto correction when landing in AC, AC2,ACB, and ACR. I don't who's bright idea to put that pile of debris there while other viewpoint trees, that i've seen, don't have any? I hope ubisoft patch this and any other little "hiccups" through out AC3.

Maurice_Wijma
11-21-2012, 01:04 PM
Here is something that can guide you through a viewpoint tree. I did it differently, making it impossible to climb the tree that was at that fort, that BigJonnyC mentioned. This way was the only way I could get to it, when I already have finished the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTLd8HThzcA

Also, the Synchonised viewpoints are not really the only things you can use to see more of the map in 1 go. Every time you get higher above the ground, you can see more of the map around you, and so does it do the same on your actual map, showing a bigger range then when you are on the ground.

And these trees in the frontier are not all on the map with the icon. I found one near the entrance of Boston or New York. It was the same kind of tree, but it didn't show as a syncing point, when actually it did synchonise me, or at least the same camera animation showed.

Gh0st0fSparta8
11-21-2012, 06:12 PM
Thanks for the help guys, that makes sense. I am a-ok with that, because I haven't really explored the frontier to any real extent, so that gives me a reason to :). I did the other day and found this Hunter Society, so I have been doing quests for them. I doubt I get anything from it, but I just do it for the fun of it and immersion in the game.

Thanks for the replies :)

zingfharn
11-22-2012, 02:38 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgfcA7m_fWI

That previous video makes it look like a nightmare. It doesn't have to be.

Bear596
03-21-2013, 08:32 AM
Need to be able to climb the trees for the glitches are so bad I've died 25 times trying and getting pissed At least on that tree you should be able to have an auto climb option because you need it to continue the **** game.

Assassin_M
03-21-2013, 08:38 AM
Need to be able to climb the trees for the glitches are so bad I've died 25 times trying and getting pissed At least on that tree you should be able to have an auto climb option because you need it to continue the **** game.
what`s the glitch ?

Quirky Jezza
03-21-2013, 11:16 AM
To unlock all the maps I just rode around the outside of the cities/ frontier and through the cloudy parts on the map :p. You only need about 90% of the map I believe

Quirky Jezza
03-21-2013, 11:17 AM
what`s the glitch ?

Doubt its a glitch. I remember there was one tree to the west of the frontier with a leap of fate spot under it and if you didnt swing on the branches in the right place you would fall or land in the bush :p

Assassin_M
03-21-2013, 11:19 AM
Doubt its a glitch. I remember there was one tree to the west of the frontier with a leap of fate spot under it and if you didnt swing on the branches in the right place you would fall or land in the bush :p
I assumed that`s what he meant, but he called it a glitch, so..

Quirky Jezza
03-21-2013, 11:26 AM

I thought it was a glitch at first. I just kept trying and worked it out eventually :p

Bastiaen
03-21-2013, 03:33 PM
I would hate if they continue this in AC4. Can you imagine criss crossing the entire Caribbean to explore the map? That would be ridiculous. I hate when I can clearly see things (like on the west side of Boston), but because you're on the ground, it doesn't explore.

MasterAssasin84
03-21-2013, 03:46 PM

I have had this problem as well its not just one tree there is a couple in the frontier that the fall spots are so well hidden that even with eagle vision they are difficult to show up. !!

Another thing i mean i dont know if i am sucking Eggs here but some of the fall distances and the size of some of the Hay Bales would one not smash their backs into a million peices ?

Just wondering lool !!