PDA

View Full Version : Original Gamer achievement

missyooober
11-20-2012, 03:30 PM
Alrighty so if you win Fanorona, Morris and Bowls on the Homestead, you get an achievement.

I've won three of them, even checkers on the Homestead. And no achievement.

Am I doing something wrong? ._.

RyokuMC
11-20-2012, 03:32 PM
You bet some "money" in all the games?

You need to bet at least 10 "money" in all the games

missyooober
11-20-2012, 03:35 PM
Ah poop. Ok thanks ^^

RyokuMC
11-20-2012, 03:58 PM
Ah poop. Ok thanks ^^

Good luck with the fanorama again X_x

ACfan443
11-20-2012, 04:11 PM

Oh f***

Those games are absolutely horrid.

GunnarGunderson
11-20-2012, 04:12 PM
You beat fanorona? Tell me your secrets

kriegerdesgottes
11-20-2012, 04:17 PM
Those games are borderline impossible but I finally got it last week or so. Fanorona was the first one I beat but Morris turned out to be impossible. Thank goodness for youtube tutorials.

ACfan443
11-20-2012, 04:28 PM
Whoever thought it'd be a good idea to make an achievement out of those games should be rope darted. I don't mind bowls, but Morris and Fanorona are ridiculous. It should be a gold trophy.

GunnarGunderson
11-20-2012, 04:40 PM
Morris is easy if you find an online game, set the difficulty to max, and then put all of Oliver's moves into it.

Rogue-Eaglet
11-20-2012, 04:41 PM
Wait, it was actually possible to play without betting anything?!

Still, I got to agree, it should have been a gold trophy for all the mindbreaking and frustration.

Missyoober
11-20-2012, 05:29 PM
I hate Morris so much. Only got used to Fanorona x___x

MarleyMon81
11-20-2012, 05:32 PM
I got the achievement and didn't get a single pound. Make sure you play and win the game of Bowls with Terry near the Inn. I thought you could use the Bowls down by the harbor near the checkers but that does not count. You must win Bowls near the Inn, Morris inside the Inn, and Fanorona in the Manor. No betting is necessary for the achievement, just win each on the Homestead.

Missyoober
11-20-2012, 05:42 PM
Hmmm think I did it on harbor. I'll try one with Terry. I'd be relieved if it is that .__.

ACfan443
11-20-2012, 05:43 PM
I got the achievement and didn't get a single pound. Make sure you play and win the game of Bowls with Terry near the Inn. I thought you could use the Bowls down by the harbor near the checkers but that does not count. You must win Bowls near the Inn, Morris inside the Inn, and Fanorona in the Manor. No betting is necessary for the achievement, just win each on the Homestead.

Why can't you do it by the harbour?

Rogue-Eaglet
11-20-2012, 06:06 PM
I could be wrong, but it might be due to the fact that Bowls by the Harbor is 'beginner'. Whereas Fanorona and Morris are both on expert level, so it's possible Bowls by the Inn is 'Expert' as well. I never bothered to check that one, as I won the game during the initial introduction via the Homestead mission, but I did notice the 'beginner' at the harbor when I played there to complete the Thief Challenge of winning 500 pounds.

MarleyMon81
11-20-2012, 06:38 PM
Why can't you do it by the harbour?

Like 443 said above, probably because it's a beginner difficulty. I thought I had the achievement after I finally won at Fanorona but it didn't pop. I played Bowls with Terry at the Inn and it popped.

Missyoober
11-20-2012, 06:39 PM
Alrighty played with Terry and got the achievement. I'm so glad it wasn't the betting thing XD

Xbox would've gone out of window if I had to play again...

Rankya_94
11-20-2012, 06:44 PM
I love Morris and Fanorona c:

Gh0st0fSparta8
11-20-2012, 07:26 PM

Can you play those without betting? I always get something on my screen for betting and I didn't know you could opt out of it. Oh the money I have wasted....lol.

and that Fanorona game, who would come up with such a devilish game? Hell I have a problem with the Morris games, I have only won 1 game of Six Men's Morris, let alone 9 and 12 :(

Gh0st0fSparta8
11-20-2012, 07:26 PM

I swear to God the NPC's cheat. They seem to do whatever they want while you are limited to what you can do hahaha.

ACfan443
11-20-2012, 07:34 PM
I swear to God the NPC's cheat. They seem to do whatever they want while you are limited to what you can do hahaha.

I was playing Fanorona and when it was the opponent's turn, he started moving his piece and took my pieces, then kept moving his piece and taking loads of mine. I was like stop..stop...stop!...STOP!...F****** STOP!!

Rogue Agent 035
11-25-2012, 06:39 PM
I have a question regarding this achievement, I beat Achilies an Terry earlier this AM, but am still figurin out thw innkeepers 9MM game. My question is, to get the achievement...., do you have to play all three games in one game sessions, or can I just start up my current save, hopefully win 9MM an get the achievement, or must I play the other 2 again?

Rogue-Eaglet
11-25-2012, 08:17 PM
Rogue, you don't have to win them all in one session. Once you won the save file keeps it in memory.

JackHasReturned
11-25-2012, 08:56 PM
Morris is a ***** on expert against Oliver. End of. The others I could enjoy, that one though is just inhumanly annoying.

montagemik
11-25-2012, 09:03 PM
We can ALL thank MR Hutchinson for these utter BS games - HE THOUGHT THEY'D BE A FUN ADDITION .
What a **** :p

I suggest NOT making the first move for ANY of these homestead games.

Also - WHO would like the option of Knifing these guys through the hand once we beat them . (I wanted to Break Olivers fingers everytime he waved his fat hand across the board)
By far THE hardest AC-3 trophy of all.

Rogue Agent 035
11-26-2012, 04:14 PM
Rogue, you don't have to win them all in one session. Once you won the save file keeps it in memory.

Thank you kind sir...., thank god!!!, I lost all the money to the innkeeper at one point, an was hopin I wasn't gonna have to do fanaora again, as that one took me at least 20minutes to beat.

kriegerdesgottes
11-26-2012, 04:20 PM
haha I'm glad that I'm not the only one who spent so much time screaming and yelling while trying to get that achievement. I don't even touch those games now that I have it. It's just a terrible memory now. They would have been much more fun had they not been near impossible to beat especially the 9 men morris one. Screw that game.

EscoBlades
11-26-2012, 04:53 PM
We can ALL thank MR Hutchinson for these utter BS games - HE THOUGHT THEY'D BE A FUN ADDITION .
What a Tw@ :p

Completely unnecessary.

Rogue-Eaglet
11-26-2012, 05:38 PM
Thank you kind sir...., thank god!!!, I lost all the money to the innkeeper at one point, an was hopin I wasn't gonna have to do fanaora again, as that one took me at least 20minutes to beat.

You're welcome! Think I'd have died as well if I had to rewin everytime I opened my save file.

If I had been in Connor's shoes, I think I would have really made both Oliver and Father Timothy eat their pieces one by one and then smack them with the board. Gosh I remember at one point I had my two younger brothers helping me out and we'd still get beaten.

montagemik
11-26-2012, 05:45 PM
Completely unnecessary.

LOL i thought so too .

EscoBlades
11-26-2012, 05:50 PM
LOL i thought so too .

No, i meant your comment about Alex H.

montagemik
11-26-2012, 05:53 PM
No, i meant your comment about Alex H.

That's your entitled opinion - I'm sure 100's if not 1000's of other gamers across the world may disagree .

EscoBlades
11-26-2012, 07:35 PM
That's your entitled opinion - I'm sure 100's if not 1000's of other gamers across the world may disagree .

Calling someone what you called him and getting called out on it is not an entitled opinion, it is a statement of fact. It isn't hard to get a point across without resorting to name calling and insults like a child. Even more so when the technical aspects of the mini games and their difficulty in game would have had very little to do with him.

You could have simply said you didn't like the games, end of story. you could also have maybe done some research before spouting off. That's all.

montagemik
11-26-2012, 07:39 PM
Calling someone what you called him and getting called out on it is not an entitled opinion, it is a statement of fact. It isn't hard to get a point across without resorting to name calling and insults like a child. Even more so when the technical aspects of the mini games and their difficulty in game would have had very little to do with him.

You could have simply said you didn't like the games, end of story. you could also have maybe done some research before spouting off. That's all.

It states in a developer interview - These games were HIS idea. Research , yeah try some.

EscoBlades
11-26-2012, 07:42 PM
It states in a developer interview - These games were HIS idea. Research , yeah try some.

Quoting myself - "Even more so when the technical aspects of the mini games and their difficulty in game"

Read it. digest it. Understand what i said. The games being his idea don't mean he programmed them in game. There are also many stages between the people who coded it and the Creative Director.

It still doesn't excuse your resorting to insults for no other reason than your frustration at facing an in game challenge.

montagemik
11-26-2012, 07:49 PM
Quoting myself - "Even more so when the technical aspects of the mini games and their difficulty in game"

Read it. digest it. Understand what i said. The games being his idea don't mean he programmed them in game. There are also many stages between the people who coded it and the Creative Director.

It still doesn't excuse your resorting to insults for no other reason than your frustration at facing an in game challenge.

REPORT button - put there for any post you deem unacceptable . Unless you're a Moderator , You're wasting your time with the lecture bud.
Even then , my opinion is my opinion.

JumpInTheFire13
11-26-2012, 10:02 PM
REPORT button - put there for any post you deem unacceptable . Unless you're a Moderator , You're wasting your time with the lecture bud.
Even then , my opinion is my opinion.
I don't think you realize what Esco has done for the AC community

montagemik
11-26-2012, 10:08 PM
I don't think you realize what Esco has done for the AC community

Handed out lectures that aren't his place to hand out - That's a moderators job as i said .
If my post is so offensive - you all have the option to report.

I'm not trying to argue - but my comment stands as my opinion & it's not unique to me alone.

ZephyrStrife
11-27-2012, 08:20 PM
Since everyone has been probably ripping there hair out over this achievement, I thought I would provide a cheat of sorts for 9 Man's Morris....because the AI is ridiculous. Who's bright idea was to set it as expert for novice players? Ugh, Ubisoft sometimes....

Anyway, the trick is essentially to play computer vs. computer. Go here:

http://merrelles.com/English.html - Online game

Click on the roman number VIII to set the game on guru and click on the board symbol (looks like the game board with pieces on it) to switch sides. The trick is to play the moves the PC makes on you online in the AC game (Connor/you)...and then play the moves your opponent (Innkeeper) plays against Connor on the PC online. Do this and you will never lose....unless you make a mismove and then that's all on you. =P

psf22
11-27-2012, 08:25 PM
Lmao @ mini game hax methods

Might as well just play the cheat to understand the game and intricacies better, then play it for 'real' in AC. But yeah who would want to do that because it's more important to get the trophy than it is to actually use your brain.

ZephyrStrife
11-27-2012, 08:27 PM
I tried using my brain...I can't even beat chess on expert, let alone this. I know when to throw in the towel. XD

But just doing this hax alone and the fact that the PC online even has a hard time tricking the Innkeeper in AC3 to make a wrong move is a testament of how advanced the AI is in this game.

psf22
11-27-2012, 08:33 PM
When you play as White on Checkers you can never lose (afaik in theory)

Fanorona is hard, but i've beaten Achilles multiple times, and not with just 1 pattern or tactic.

I suck at 9MM though, but I haven beaten it too on Expert.

ZephyrStrife
11-27-2012, 08:36 PM
When you play as White on Checkers you can never lose (afaik in theory)

Fanorona is hard, but i've beaten Achilles multiple times, and not with just 1 pattern or tactic.

I suck at 9MM though, but I haven beaten it too on Expert.

Yeah, but I suck at tactical board games. The only one I managed to beat on my own was Bocce and that's only because I know how to actually play it for real and know the tricks to snatch points with one strike.

Good on you though. I don't have the patience for it unfortunately. It was more frustrating then fun.

psf22
11-27-2012, 08:43 PM
Yeah, but I suck at tactical board games. The only one I managed to beat on my own was Bocce and that's only because I know how to actually play it for real and know the tricks to snatch points with one strike.

Good on you though. I don't have the patience for it unfortunately. It was more frustrating then fun.

That's exactly the key, patience. That's why I lose at 9MM, I just know the AI thinks 2 steps (sometimes even 3 steps) ahead, but i haven't fully grasped it yet. All I know for sure is that it's sometimes better to block instead of making rows like a dummy because then you block all your own options.

I love board games btw, especially Fanorona.

ACfan443
12-09-2012, 11:08 AM
This is the only trophy standing in my way and I still can't get it :mad:

I've been thoroughly put off board games.

EDIT: never mind, just got the platinum trophy :D

montagemik
12-09-2012, 12:25 PM
Original Gamer = By far THE HARDEST trophy in the game . 9 M.M was just no fun - I really wanted to KNIFE The barkeep when i beat him. :p