PDA

View Full Version : Is ACIII PC available now?

Ghostheldap
11-20-2012, 06:12 AM
It doesn't unlock on steam for another thirteen hours or so. Is the digital edition from Uplay, etc, available yet?

promero14
11-20-2012, 06:14 AM
Not for me

A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n
11-20-2012, 06:18 AM
nope. I wish they would provide details. At least show that they actually CARE about PC gamers. It was the same deal with the GRFS PC launch. It's like everyone goes silent.

Mr_Shade
11-20-2012, 01:43 PM
That maybe due to the time of day.

As soon as I have any word on the Ubishop keys being sent out - I will update you guys.

Steam release, is down to them - sorry to say.

dnottis
11-20-2012, 01:58 PM
I still havent received an email to download the game yet. When I goto findmyorder.com and look it up I can still cancel it. Wtf? After the complete and utter mess of Ghost Recon Future Soldier I should have really quit buying UBI games altogether...these guys are terrible.

A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n
11-20-2012, 05:35 PM
I still havent received an email to download the game yet. When I goto findmyorder.com and look it up I can still cancel it. Wtf? After the complete and utter mess of Ghost Recon Future Soldier I should have really quit buying UBI games altogether...these guys are terrible.

They really are. Ubisoft makes Activision and EA look really good. People can talk crap about COD, BF, and MOH. But at least those games don't screw over their PC gamers.

dnottis
11-20-2012, 05:55 PM
treyarch was phenomenal throughout the launch of BO2. They communicated well with the community. Something UBI cant do at all.

Mr_Shade
11-20-2012, 06:07 PM
UPlay North American launch is from 10am (PST) - emails will go out in batches, so please standby for them.

You can also check your online account at the Ubishop website.

Other retailers, please check with them directly.

dnottis
11-20-2012, 06:29 PM
why does UBI have such a hard time communicating with their customers? How hard would it be to mention this on their website when you look up your order? God forbid they have someone on twitter, a community manager or something like every other developer has now?

We already know they hate the PC they dont have to make it quite so obvious though.

Mr_Shade
11-20-2012, 06:32 PM
why does UBI have such a hard time communicating with their customers? How hard would it be to mention this on their website when you look up your order? God forbid they have someone on twitter, a community manager or something like every other developer has now?

We already know they hate the PC they dont have to make it quite so obvious though.
This was announced on twitter..
i have posted here, due to some people panicking and not checking with the shop or other outlets.

drumzonbass
11-20-2012, 06:48 PM
OMG sent in batches. Well i feel like by the time I get the actual email and finish all DL and patching I guess by tommorow ill be playing. Bummer.

PrometheanF
11-20-2012, 06:51 PM
OMG sent in batches. Well i feel like by the time I get the actual email and finish all DL and patching I guess by tommorow ill be playing. Bummer.

Lesson learned: Buy from steam.

randallsb
11-20-2012, 06:54 PM
are you freaking kidding?? so you are telling me not only do i not get to download it at midnight, or even preload it, that i might not get a download link or key till halfway through the day, and that wont even matter cause the dang game is too freaking big, so now i wont get to even play it today, thanks ubi.. losers, really big letdown, and now i get to play it on the 21st.. imma tell everyone i know to buy steam always over this shop.

batch send out of a key is the biggest crock of **** ive ever heard before. on a preorder. especially after being so tight lipped, all before this day, and no even preload to soften the blow for anyone.

PrometheanF
11-20-2012, 06:58 PM
Yeah I don't know what there is to say about the fact that customers who went directly through Ubi will be the last people to play the game, while those who ordered it on Steam or other retailers will be able to play it on time. That is honestly mind-boggling.

A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n
11-20-2012, 07:00 PM
i have posted here, due to some people panicking and not checking with the shop or other outlets.

They only mentioned it after I asked the question on Twitter. Thing is, this shouldn't be something that's put out the day of. It should have been put out at the LATEST on Monday.

MT4K
11-20-2012, 07:01 PM
Sigh... I know the waiting sucks guys but seriously you shouldn't complain so much about an extra possible day... Even if you get it on the 21st it is still before me and many others will get the game considering europe has to wait until the 22nd/23rd. :(

NrNx
11-20-2012, 07:05 PM
Got mine downloading now!

Ghostheldap
11-20-2012, 07:08 PM
I preloaded my copy, downloading the first update.

dnottis
11-20-2012, 07:21 PM

I follow UBIsoft, I dont see anything.

tendoublem
11-20-2012, 07:29 PM
Wow, terrible support. They sent me the email with the download links, but the links do not work. They appear to point at JPGs of download buttons rather than an actual link to download. I cannot click on them to download. Unbelievable. The email says nothing about how to respond if the links do not work. If I login to the store and view my order, download is not an option. So no game for my money. Lesson learned.

PrometheanF
11-20-2012, 07:33 PM
Wow, terrible support. They sent me the email with the download links, but the links do not work. They appear to point at JPGs of download buttons rather than an actual link to download. I cannot click on them to download. Unbelievable. The email says nothing about how to respond if the links do not work. If I login to the store and view my order, download is not an option. So no game for my money. Lesson learned.

I also had the email problem but I reloaded the order tracking page and found the download link. Randal suggested that your email client may be blocking the links, so see if there is an option to allow them somewhere.

cuppa_joe
11-20-2012, 08:03 PM
links are broken. gonna just torrent the game. I have a legit key and wanna use it. download manager is nonexistant here in us for me