PDA

View Full Version : Desmond's End Decision **Major Spoiler Alert*

GonzoJohn
11-20-2012, 03:31 AM
This may have been talked about before, but did anyone else notice that Desmond chose the decision of the Templars? Instead of letting the sun take out most of the Earth and beginning anew in a free world, he chose to touch the orb knowing full well Juno would enslave everyone under the control the Templars wanted all along. I found it very interesting how often the two schools of thought intersected.

Assassin_M
11-20-2012, 03:33 AM
Just Ask yourself this..

Who`s Controlling ? Juno..Is that what Templars want ? Lol ? No..

So, No..Templar Decision would`v involved the destruction of most of the humans and start a New with the Apple in Hand..

A Perfect World..

And Welcome:D

GonzoJohn
11-20-2012, 03:41 AM
That doesn't comply with their belief system. The templars wanted to exert control over people, which is exactly what Juno had planned. The sun destroying the Earth can be compared to the lives lost during the Revolutionary War between the British and the Patriots/Continental Army. There's a large loss of life, but for a greater good in the end. So why did Desmond choose to spare the world in exchange for complete control.

The perfect world you refer to could be the control Juno has over the population. Don't be so condescending in your response. There's always more than one interpretation of how the story unfolds.

Assassin_M
11-20-2012, 03:42 AM
Don't be so condescending in your response. There's always more than one interpretation of how the story unfolds.
Condescending ? I told you welcome and gave you a smiley face !!

What the hell ever, man..

I`m out..

pirate1802
11-20-2012, 03:54 AM
First, M was not being condescending :D

Second, this is probably not the right forum to start spoilery discussions, although I must say the topic is very interesting.

Third, I like to see Desmond's decision apart from the assassin/templar prism. It was a pragmatic decision and a correct one. If provided with a choice I'd have done the same. It may seem to be a very templar-ish decision, but it was also a prudent one. One thing to remember, and this we constantly forget, is what the templars fight for: peace. Control is merely a conduit to that goal. Now Juno, certainly wouldn't want peace with humans would she? If you read ACR MP dossiers, you'd find it clear that Templars are no friends of TWCB people. Juno and the Templar's method ay be same but their aims are very different; poles apart.

On the other hand, letting the sun take out Earth would have given everything the Templars wanted. A small group of people: easier to control. Intime Desmond's people would become the prophet of them: total control. The second decision is more Templar-ish if you look at it that way.

Namiwakiru
11-20-2012, 04:15 AM
The templars want control, Juno being in control is not what they want.

If anything the the Templars would have wanted the other choice, Desmond becoming the figure head for control as his teachings were perverted.

It seems to be a common mistake that the precursors represent either the Templars or the Assassins, but both exist outside the plans of the ancients.

Look at Ezio, he rebuilt the Assassins Order without even bringing the precursors in to the fold, he took time off from all that to return the order to its full glory, only then standing down to seek answers for all he had seen.

Everything the ancients did was for Desmond alone and not for any side. (But obviously someone from the Assassins would be a better choice than Templars who would have taken the knowledge to use for their own gains

GonzoJohn
11-20-2012, 05:34 AM
These are interesting replies and I see what you mean. On the surface, this may seem like a very black and white game, but after playing them all, there's a lot of gray to each side.

Assassin_M, sorry to get defensive. From your response, I assumed you thought I was an idiot for my thoughts on the ending--especially putting "lol" in there. Anyway, have a good night, morning, or day--whever you all are in the world.

zerocooll21
11-20-2012, 01:43 PM
Condescending ? I told you welcome and gave you a smiley face !!

What the hell ever, man..

I`m out..

HA!