PDA

View Full Version : Can I download AC3 at midnight tonight?

dcgillette
11-20-2012, 02:48 AM
I wanted to know when the PC download will be available.

Andre_0112
11-20-2012, 02:56 AM
Depends on whom you bought it from. Ubishop or Steam?

dcgillette
11-20-2012, 03:11 AM
I pre ordered it from ubisoft. assassinscreed.com

Andre_0112
11-20-2012, 03:14 AM
I guess it is midnight them... NOt really sure.

DirkBaby420
11-20-2012, 03:28 AM
Is midnight when Ubishop sends a e-mail with the key code? I got a confirmation e-mail with order number, but no key code came in that e-mail. I'm waiting patiently to see.

dcgillette
11-20-2012, 04:58 AM
well i'm waiting impatiently to see.

A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n
11-20-2012, 06:18 AM
nope, no midnight release.

Doomstar666
11-20-2012, 06:43 AM
yep no mid release and no info AT ALL :(((((((((((((((

Doomstar666
11-20-2012, 06:47 AM
Welcome to UBIShop - Browse and buy Ubisoft games, downloads, and merchandise from brands such as Tom Clancy, Assassin's Creed and Prince of Persia. 2001 - 2010 Ubisoft Entertainment. All Rights Reserved.
Ubisoft, Ubi.com and the Ubisoft logo are trademarks of Ubisoft Entertainment in the U.S. and/or other countries.

2001-2010??????? :O!!!!!! lol

dcgillette
11-20-2012, 07:07 AM
yeah ubisoft is garbage, i wish bethesda took over assassins creed and made it a little more loot based. Just a little though

randallsb
11-20-2012, 07:15 AM
awesome. crock service from customer service side for response times to this question, asked a billion times in a billion threads for the last month, and now even at midnight we cant preload it, cant even start. dont get even keys, but steam (the service uplay is trying to compete with in the first place) is giving out the preload right now. and will most likely unlock the title BEFORE ubisofts store gets into the office and turns on their computers. sad days, when the developer cant be around to unlock their own game on their own service before the competitor... and you wonder why steam has majority of pc ownership as far as sales, and u continually see this kind of crap. and to boot, you make us wait a month in silence, and just to go tight lipped again on the eve launch of the pc version, AGAIN.

thanks for proving us fellow purchasers wrong again , ubisoft.. NOT.

NEXT time ill wait and buy it on steam, you can have your cut after they get their 30% , they deserve it for the quality customer service they provide, i see that now. Stop complaining about pc piracy and work more on your digital delivery service, and your customer service end first, then you deserve the other 30% back.

*rant over*

PrometheanF
11-20-2012, 07:19 AM
Yeah this is definitely ****ed up. No word at all on when exactly it will be released and no email with product keys. Real glad I pre-ordered at this point. It's a pretty big "**** you" to PC gamers.

randallsb
11-20-2012, 07:21 AM
i have had two posts, very politely labeled, no curse words.. no calling out of particular forums mods.. and they were both deleted silently aswell. i love the politics over here, they dont really care once your credit card is processed, they just dont. origin, they answer the phone, and instant fix.. real friendly, valve.. well takes a day or so, but they have fixed all through email. these guys here, silence, repeated deletion of posts, and then a big middle finger after the fact. thanks for your money ,and GO AWAY pretty much the feeling i get from this.

xArbilx
11-20-2012, 07:26 AM
I'll second these last few posts. This is really poor. Especially when all it would take would be one post from Ubi to let us know something. That would be infinitely better than the blackout on info that we are getting.

PrometheanF
11-20-2012, 07:27 AM
I agree. Steam is without a question the way to go and there is a reason that it has the lion's share of the market. I know people say this kind of thing all the time, but I don't and I mean it now: I will never buy a game directly from Ubisoft again, if I ever buy another Ubisoft game at all. There is just no excuse for being unprofessionally silent and passively avoiding valid complaints or questions from customers, especially when you can find real customer service elsewhere as you said.

randallsb
11-20-2012, 07:31 AM
from what ive read in spoilers apparently *didnt mean to* apparently the people who torrented the copies of ac3 already are running into the same issues with framerates, and falling through the world and such as the xbox/ps3 folks did. and they are using the cracked copy with the "patches" so that calls it right there on "were optimizing the pc version, hence the delay" man, that game was done and done since oct 30, it was just a quick extra grab to see how many they could squeeze to get more copies for consoles.. then turn around and buy it from pc later. afterall they made a deal with nvidia to give away copies with their cards, why should they care? they already got that money too, so them folks can wait on their stuff.. see my little bit of anger? it makes sense, from a messed up business standpoint, but that doesnt keep business long.. look at activision, they are not going to be round much longer as well off as they are.

PrometheanF
11-20-2012, 07:37 AM
Yep. I am feeling the sting of everything you just talked about right now. I bought two GTX 670s for SLI and a large part of it was the AC3 deal. I also pre-ordered BLOPS2 and now Activision has taken away the pre-order bonus from EVERYONE after only a week. Unfortunately a lot of suckers still buy games from companies that exploit their fans that way and apparently I am one of them.

The only good developer right now that really acts with respect in regards to their customers is CD Projekt RED.

froid420
11-20-2012, 07:38 AM
Ubisoft truly doesn't care about PC gamers and this just proved it, since when does it make since to say it releases on the 20th but then make everyone wait an extra 12 plus hours.... Pathetic

R4AC2
11-20-2012, 07:40 AM
The AC series used to be my favorite. I pre-ordered Assassin's Creed 2... Delayed. I pre-ordered Assassin's Creed Brotherhood... Delayed. I pre-ordered Assassin's Creed Revelations... Delayed. And now I've ordered Assassin's Creed 3 and it has been delayed.

Ubisoft has treated us terribly since before they were making money on this series. I take it personally and I will pirate every single game Ubisoft produces and encourage others to do the same.

Ubisoft, you are pathetic, and I can't wait to see you go bankrupt.

PrometheanF
11-20-2012, 07:44 AM
I really try to stay away from piracy and support the people who make the games that I play, but when there are so many developers out there who do business like car-lot scam artists I honestly have to ask myself what the point is.

You can't just screw your customers and expect them to feel bad about not paying for your product anymore.

Activision just caved in to customer complaints and gave back the pre-order bonus. That just leaves Ubisoft as my bad guys now. You know things are bad when you make Activision look good.

froid420
11-20-2012, 07:54 AM
Yeah seriously I love AC series but honestly, they wonder why so many people pirate because they don't give a **** so why should we.

randallsb
11-20-2012, 08:19 AM
garbage service. i didnt expect much, but i expected a HELL of a lot more then this. thats for sure.

they can keep being silent. i dont care, ill just get the game at noon from here, and never buy nothing from them anymore, and ill wait till its a steam sale, so they get the ABSOLUTE least , after their cut.

PrometheanF
11-20-2012, 08:33 AM
I hear you, man. Pre-ordering is a total scam. It allows shoddy companies like this one to have your money before they give you a finished product, and then at best they give you some nonsense on-disc DLC and the opportunity to find all of their release day bugs for them. At worst they don't even hold up to their end of the bargain and don't release the game when they said they would. Why should they care? They already have your cash.

I am truly disgusted with the state of the gaming industry right now. They just want to push the poorest possible product and service they can get away with selling on us. Yet they complain and punish all of their paying customers when people decide it's more appealing to just download a game for free than to keep being treated like a free ride.

TigrathO
11-20-2012, 09:15 AM
ITT: we're all angry because ubisoft can't give us anything more than a 24 hour ballpark of when we get what we paid for.

That sounded flamey but I basically agree with this thread. Bit early to get your pipes clogged, ubi. Get off the toilet and make it happen eh?

Mr_Shade
11-20-2012, 11:36 AM
Guys, I wil see what I can find out - however please remember to stay calm and civil please - no one on the forum is responsible for sending keys out.

MisterPeriod
11-20-2012, 12:33 PM
Guys, I wil see what I can find out - however please remember to stay calm and civil please - no one on the forum is responsible for sending keys out.

Thank you shade, we truly do appreciate it. Please understand that this anger is not geared towards you it is just general frustration. I have watched you run a around to get information shade that frankly should have been stated knowledge (The pre-order bonus fiasco being one of them), and it saddens me that ubisoft has such a gap in communication, but i don't believe for a second that ubisoft is a bad/malicious company, they just made some bad choices. As for people considering piracy, please don't. If everyone just sits idly by and does not leave some form CONSTRUCTIVE criticism ubisoft can not change themselves accordingly. You dont realize how much you mold the company by working WITH them, and it will be a benefit for both of us in the end. That is all.

dhr09
11-20-2012, 01:20 PM
Where are our keys, ubisoft? Steam has already pre-loaded and ready to go...stores are selling copies...and those of us that bought from UbiShop are left wondering what is going on? Let us know something.

Mr_Shade
11-20-2012, 01:40 PM
It maybe a few hours before my contact can get back to me, so please stand by.

As soon as I have any information I will update you guys!

HorusKronus
11-20-2012, 02:59 PM
Guys, i was seeing the website, and there, the release date still is 23. .-.

Pleasefixmyacc
11-20-2012, 02:59 PM
22/11 for me, eu

edit: but i'll probably have to wait until 23

Mr_Shade
11-20-2012, 03:02 PM
Guys, i was seeing the website, and there, the release date still is 23. .-.
Depends where you live?

If you are in the EU / UK - it's either the 22nd or 23rd.

US = 20th.

Subuknam
11-20-2012, 03:20 PM
well where exactly in the order details do we download it from cus i dont see it

Pleasefixmyacc
11-20-2012, 03:22 PM
it's still early there and emails with keys will be going out shortly - at which point the download button will work.
there you go
where you find the download button is written in the help section of the shop ;)