PDA

View Full Version : So this stupid Fanorona game... How the heck do you beat it?

JakeBreid
11-20-2012, 02:32 AM
It's the last game to beat until I get the Original Gamer trophy, which will give me a platinum trophy... How do you win? I can't fricken beat the hypocritical priest. because he does his magical take-every-dang-piece-on-the-board trick. Doesn't the Bible say not to gamble? And if the priest is an expert, he has had to have played A LOT!

Namiwakiru
11-20-2012, 03:17 AM
Ha, yeah, the AI is a crafty sod when it comes to those games, but here is my tactic that sometimes works.

Basically no matter how I play, the AI begins to gain the upper hand leaving me with 3-4 pieces and him with 5-6, once you hit that stage you go on the defensive.

Pull your pieces back and set them up so they defend each other and allow one piece to have free movement behind the defensive wall.

Now it becomes a boring game of each person waiting for the other to move in to range, the AI will try to trick you or move in to a position that allows it to chain you, so you have to arrange your defensive wall a few times.

Eventually the AI will make a mistake, just be careful he isnt sacrificing a piece to gain a foothold.

A few ways you know you have the upper hand is:
-If the AI offers a draw: usually when you both keep moving only safe pieces. Decline the offer and keep going, even if you both keep making safe moves
-A slight delay on the AI's move: If the AI moves instantly (in any game and even when it will lose pieces) it means the AI has a plan quite a few moves ahead, but if it gives a slight delay it means it had to think about the next move and knows you have an advantage

JakeBreid
11-20-2012, 03:29 AM
Thanks, that's pretty helpful. What's the best way to trap some pieces though?

Namiwakiru
11-20-2012, 03:58 AM
Thanks, that's pretty helpful. What's the best way to trap some pieces though?

By trapping do you mean forcing him to move in to your range so you can take his pieces? If so, I have no idea what the best way is.

As above my tactic is purely dragging a match out until the AI makes a slight mistake, even if that means extended periods of safe moves for us both.

The guys at Ubi deserve props for the game AI, I have played many vs AI games and can usually find the restriction that allows me to win every time, but in AC3 even when I get to that point the AI changes and learns.
In 9/12 mans morris, I eventually learnt to win easily only to find the AI changed its tactics perfectly to combat my own tactic later in the game, it was infuriating

Merlin3180
12-06-2013, 03:22 PM
Doesn't work, just keeps offering the draw!!!!

Merlin3180
12-06-2013, 03:36 PM
bet 100R at a time and I am 5000 down, whoever put this **** in the game is an idiot!!!!!!

Merlin3180
12-06-2013, 03:50 PM
6400R to finally beet this bloody thing, what a wast!!!!

hillariouscoil
05-30-2014, 07:29 AM
The minigames are the worst part of Black Flag and should not be required for !00% completion. Especially with a cheatinass AI and games that are totally foreign to EVERYONE playing Black Flag. There is nothing fun about these games.

Locopells
05-30-2014, 08:51 AM
http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/18713/article/assassin-s-creed-4-black-flag-find-the-mini-games-and-beat-them/

Welcome to the forums!

hillariouscoil
05-31-2014, 04:41 AM
Thank you! I look forward to trying out the AI to beat the AI. ^_^ One step closer to the illustrious 100% completion.

Locopells
05-31-2014, 09:48 AM
Not a problem - this is the only one I've never won on my own...

hillariouscoil
06-03-2014, 10:45 PM
I've been able to beat each one at least once, out of sheer luck, but getting up to the 2,000R for the Abstergo Challenge is incredibly frustrating w/o the AI. With that done, all I need is the Community Challenges to be up and running again and I will finally reach the 100%. Woo!

Locopells
06-04-2014, 12:01 AM
Woot, woot!

You do play the high stakes, games of 500R, right?

hillariouscoil
06-04-2014, 02:47 AM
Yeah...but they're so much harder!!!! /whineandcomplain (I forgot to mention the ones I won were all low-stakes in the north.) heh...

Locopells
06-04-2014, 09:54 AM
Oh yeah, same here!

I just meant, with the AI you only need to do 4 or 5 games, not 20...

Nic727
02-04-2018, 10:31 PM
I donít want to create a new topic about this game, but it is so hard!

I tried intermediate, but it is impossible. Also there is no video for this difficulty. I donít even want to try Expert lol.

I finally won in Beginner, but it is a hard game compared to checkers. The other game is hard too (Menís Morris)... itís all about getting the first move correct or you will not win.