PDA

View Full Version : To those of you who are feeling generous...

InfectedNation
11-19-2012, 09:34 PM
Greetings on behalf of the console forum,

I understand you PC lot must be pretty p****d off about waiting the extra 3 weeks for the game, but when one of you has the time, we would be most grateful for a favour to the entire community:

Many, many fans would love to have access to the ENTIRE soundtrack of the game, as the one Lorne Balfe released only had 25 songs and missed some of the greatest in the game :( the other tracks aren't even on youtube.

So what I ask of you is once you find the time, would you be so kind to rip all of the music files from the game disk and upload them to the internet? If a link could be posted in this thread or a new thread in the console forum that would be fantastic for us all.

Thankyou for reading this, and I hope somebody would be able and willing to help us all out :)

ThaWhistle
11-19-2012, 11:58 PM
You do realize that isnt exactly legal right?

SixKeys
11-20-2012, 12:01 AM
The entire ACR soundtrack was eventually released on iTunes. I wouldn't be surprised if it happened with AC3.

MisterPeriod
11-20-2012, 12:27 AM
Contrary to popular belief (Im looking at you Yves Guillemot), we PC players are not all pirates. We waited 3 extra weeks trying to dodge and avoid spoilers, you can wait for the iTunes release and support the orchestra/musicians who make the music you so covet.

soccer06
11-20-2012, 12:30 AM
Contrary to popular belief (Im looking at you Yves Guillemot), we PC players are not all pirates. We waited 3 extra weeks trying to dodge and avoid spoilers, you can wait for the iTunes release and support the orchestra/musicians who make the music you so covet.

Hear, hear

Vogar14
11-20-2012, 01:03 AM

+1

McJobless
11-20-2012, 01:10 AM
Legend.

DarthDeva
11-20-2012, 01:26 AM
Requiescat in Pace...

MisterPeriod
11-20-2012, 02:16 AM
Requiescat in Pace...

No pirating...No music...Only you, fratello mio.

InfectedNation
11-20-2012, 04:19 PM
Is it actually illegal to upload tracks which aren't even for sale? I have no problem buying the official soundtrack, I probably will at some point. I was just frustrated that there is no way of listening to many of the games tracks without muting everything else... (eg - Frontier chase theme)

Anyway if it's something illegal and could get you into trouble forget I said anything. But it would be nice if Lorne Balfe could offer a soundtrack actually worth buying....

EDIT: Also quite a few tracks from Revelations never made it onto the soundtrack (eg- carriage chase theme and den defense theme) And we're only made available to listen to on youtube... I assumed this was uploaded by PC players, unless there's a way of extracting them from Xbox which I don't know of.

In the meantime, I might try to contact Lorne Balfe, but I don't have Twitter.

EDIT: Messaged him about releasing all the tracks.

dnottis
11-20-2012, 04:50 PM
we'll share the soundtrack in 3 weeks. Sound good?

InfectedNation
11-20-2012, 04:55 PM
we'll share the soundtrack in 3 weeks. Sound good?

Trust me we console folk would prefer for you guys to get the game when we do.

Panoptic0n
11-20-2012, 05:24 PM
This reminds me of a post I read on the DX:HR forums a year ago. Eerie. (I have a 150 track rip + various ambient sounds of that game though)

If you know where to look, the same can pretty much be found for AC:3 and many other titles.

DarthDeva
11-20-2012, 05:34 PM
It is actually illegal. Normally most games give you a licence to play it, but not use its assets. Some games give you the right to use the assets for producing mods like most bethesda games do. But sharing the assets for use outside of a game is in most cases illegal.

A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n
11-20-2012, 05:50 PM
Trust me we console folk would prefer for you guys to get the game when we do.

Too bad Ubisoft doesn't share your sentiments. I mean, it probably isn't even the same team who ports ac3 to pc.

Mr_Shade
11-20-2012, 06:29 PM
It is actually illegal. Normally most games give you a licence to play it, but not use its assets. Some games give you the right to use the assets for producing mods like most bethesda games do. But sharing the assets for use outside of a game is in most cases illegal.
Indeed.

The sound track is available on iTunes for sale.

locking thread.