PDA

View Full Version : Nine Mens Morris - for board game haters

Wournos
11-19-2012, 08:35 PM
I hate board games that requires tactic. I couldn't save my life if a game depended on it.
For all of you who feel the same - there is a solution to beating the AI in AC3.

1. Go to http://merrelles.com/English.html (Java game)
2. Check VI on the left hand side.
3. In AC3, go to Homestead Inn and start up a game of Nine Mens Morris.
4. Select NO when asked if you want to be the one who begins.
5. Bet 100.
6. Watch the AC3 AI move its WHITE piece.
7. Make the same move in the Web Game using a BLUE piece.
8. Watch the Web Game AI move its RED piece.
9. Make the same move in AC3 with your BLACK piece.

Do step 6-9 until you have won.
Whenever an AI remove the opponents piece you copy that action on the correct device.

It's a fool proof tip taken from a comment on a YouTube video I watched a few days ago. I will add credit later.

Kytr
11-20-2012, 10:57 PM
One thing that I found playing the innkeeper. Do not try to win by taking all of his pieces -- trap him while he still has 4 left. If you take him down to 3, the best you are likely to get is a tie -- the rule change that takes place when you get down to 3 gives that side way too much power. I had 12 straight draws before I hit that last bit of strategy. I won the next game.

silenceoflamb
11-27-2012, 04:39 AM
I hate board games that requires tactic. I couldn't save my life if a game depended on it.
For all of you who feel the same - there is a solution to beating the AI in AC3.

I do apologize for pointing this out, but it appears that this link only goes to a site with a search engine.

Assassin_M
11-27-2012, 04:42 AM
Can I give my 2 cents on what I think about this thread ? Or is everyone going to jump me and call me a fan-boy ?

On second thought..I don't give a crap..

This thread is wrong. It`s Idea is wrong AND stupid..

Bye

monster_rambo
11-27-2012, 04:47 AM
Can I give my 2 cents on what I think about this thread ? Or is everyone going to jump me and call me a fan-boy ?

On second thought..I don't give a crap..

This thread is wrong. It`s Idea is wrong AND stupid..

Bye

You just wasted 2 minutes of your life feeding the troll and so did I.

Assassin_M
11-27-2012, 04:51 AM
You just wasted 2 minutes of your life feeding the troll and so did I.
I know right ??

Damm it 1 more minute

FurryMurry7
12-01-2012, 06:56 AM
Okay, guys! I was very frustrated at this as well.

There is an AMAZING video that teaches the skills you need to know for Nine Men's Morris! It's a lot like Six Men's Morris, only a little more advanced!

Here it is:

HOW TO WIN Nine Men's Morris BEST TUTORIAL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaJpunOE5io (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaJpunOE5io)

montagemik
12-01-2012, 03:07 PM

2. Check VI on the left hand side.
3. In AC3, go to Homestead Inn and start up a game of Nine Mens Morris.
4. Select NO when asked if you want to be the one who begins.
5. Bet 100.
6. Watch the AC3 AI move its WHITE piece.
7. Make the same move in the Web Game using a BLUE piece.
8. Watch the Web Game AI move its RED piece.
9. Make the same move in AC3 with your BLACK piece.

Do step 6-9 until you have won.
Whenever an AI remove the opponents piece you copy that action on the correct device.

It's a fool proof tip taken from a comment on a YouTube video I watched a few days ago. I will add credit later.

YAY & When it's done , you can all pretend you actually achieved the original gamer award . :rolleyes:

Starcat5
12-02-2012, 01:00 AM
YAY & When it's done , you can all pretend you actually achieved the original gamer award . :rolleyes:

Bleep the OG award. I just want to earn that $500 for the ******* Thieves Guild.

montagemik
12-02-2012, 01:20 AM
BOWLS = Easiest game on the Homestead. 5 Games = 500 easy (but there isn't an online AI to help you win that game though.)

Kytr
12-03-2012, 06:56 PM
Actually, I found Bowls to be the hardest of the games by far. You will have at least one toss in 4 land outside of the ring for the aim point (generally causing the one thing that you wanted to avoid) and your opponent never seems to miss. For easy, play checkers. If you start as black and play defensive (avoiding losing any pieces), you can force them to lose every time.

montagemik
12-03-2012, 10:27 PM
Actually, I found Bowls to be the hardest of the games by far. You will have at least one toss in 4 land outside of the ring for the aim point (generally causing the one thing that you wanted to avoid) and your opponent never seems to miss. For easy, play checkers. If you start as black and play defensive (avoiding losing any pieces), you can force them to lose every time.

MMMM You can also use an online AI to cheat at this too - Bowls is the only minigame that can't be cheated at .
Don't make the 1st move & victory should be a piece of cake in each game - Pinpointing the target Isn't that difficult - it's just timing.

Wournos
12-08-2012, 10:43 AM
I do apologize for pointing this out, but it appears that this link only goes to a site with a search engine.
That is odd because when I click it it takes me to the Java game.

As for Assassin_M,
I have seen your posts on these forums and from those I can tell you, you are not a person I'd like to befriend.
Those are my 2 cents.

SixKeys
12-08-2012, 12:44 PM
Sounds like M got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning....

Of all the AC3 mini-games, I hated Bowls the most. I only played it the one time it was introduced. Did I accidentally skip the instructions or was this game not explained at all? At least when you go to play the other ones, it always reminds you what you're supposed to do again. I had no freaking clue what I was supposed to do in this game.

It's nice that they introduced these historically accurate games into AC3, but they shouldn't have attached a trophy to them. They're way too difficult for most people. Also, almost every single game I find is either Intermediate or Expert. Where are the Beginners so I could at least take my time learning the ropes?

psf22
12-08-2012, 01:14 PM
Sounds like M got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning....

Of all the AC3 mini-games, I hated Bowls the most. I only played it the one time it was introduced. Did I accidentally skip the instructions or was this game not explained at all? At least when you go to play the other ones, it always reminds you what you're supposed to do again. I had no freaking clue what I was supposed to do in this game.

It's nice that they introduced these historically accurate games into AC3, but they shouldn't have attached a trophy to them. They're way too difficult for most people. Also, almost every single game I find is either Intermediate or Expert. Where are the Beginners so I could at least take my time learning the ropes?

The beginners are at the beginning of the game

SixKeys
12-08-2012, 03:06 PM
The beginners are at the beginning of the game

Yes, but at the beginning of the game I'm more interested in advancing the story than learning how to play board games that I assume will be available later on. I didn't think I would be expected to spend my time as Haytham learning how to play mini-games and then be expected to be an expert by the time I got to play as Connor.

psf22
12-08-2012, 04:20 PM
Yes, but at the beginning of the game I'm more interested in advancing the story than learning how to play board games that I assume will be available later on. I didn't think I would be expected to spend my time as Haytham learning how to play mini-games and then be expected to be an expert by the time I got to play as Connor.

Well at least you know.