PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed III PC is Out- Controls Explanation

connor_bg
11-19-2012, 06:44 PM
AC3 feels like a totally different game, even for the old AC players.

So basically:
- The High Profile in previous games was usable in both combat and freerun, but in AC3 high profile is only available for the freeruning (The default AC3 key for Hi Prof. is- Right Mouse button)
- The default "Shift" button from the previous AC games (which provoked the commands for- Gentle Push, Grab, Shove etc) was mixed with various commands that were available with other key bindings from the keyboard in the previous AC games. In AC3 the default button have been changed from Shift to - E.
- The shove and gentle push have been removed. When you sprint you automicaly shove and when you Fast Walk you automaticaly gentle push.

Freeruning:
- In previous AC games sprinting was executable (by default) with Right Mouse button+ Space. In AC3 however the sprint is triggered only with- Right Mouse button, holding this button will automaticly make the character jump if there is obsticle ahead that it is safe for the player to not harm himself while doing so. The Space button in AC3 is used to manually jump over danger for the player's health obsticle.

Combat:
- If you hold E during combat the character will parry any incoming attack. If you tap E while someone is attacking, Connor will counter attack in which attack you have 2-3 seconds slow-mo to choose how to finish that counter (E- throw, Left Mouse button- kill (depends on the enemy archetype), Space- dirsarm).
- The button Space is adaptive key. Which means in certain situations during combat Space has different role, like if a power attack from one of the special archetypes is charged you can dodge it with Space, when group of guards aims at you ready to shoot taping Space will trigger human shield if enemy nearby is available.
In normal combat Space is used for break defence (something like Kick from the previous games).

-Chaining kills is like the previous game only that you have to spam the direction keys and attack more.

Misc Controls:
- As far as i remember the weapon wheel is binded with- Q, but the same button can also be used to reload a weapon.
- The manual combat locking is disabled, you enter combat automaticly and exit it with the sprint (High profile) button.
- The F key is binded for manual aiming, or locking targets that you chase.

AntiChrist7
11-19-2012, 06:49 PM
a controller can do miracles

AjinkyaParuleka
11-19-2012, 06:52 PM
I somewhat like the new controls,makes game more difficult.

DarthDeva
11-19-2012, 07:00 PM
Which button gives eagle vision this time?
Am glad I have a controller now

connor_bg
11-19-2012, 07:07 PM
It is triggered with V.

diwas13
11-19-2012, 08:02 PM
Thanks this looks great, very convenient for me. Definitely won't have to rebind keys like in past assassins games.

connor_bg
11-19-2012, 08:17 PM
I forgot to mention, in this game enemies can grab you, but it is rare. In the previous games enemies who grabbed you during fight was really frequent.
In AC3 you can counter grab by just pressing Left Mouse button, unlike the previous games- High Profile+ Shift, which buttons needed to be pressed in order.

Farlander1991
11-19-2012, 08:17 PM
I think I'm going to rebind 'E' back to 'Shift'. In the midst of combat I like having three of my fingers on the direction buttons, and shift allows to do that, while E doesn't (and E would be okay if it's for item use from time to time or something, but it seems that it will be used a lot). Besides, the button seems to be similar to previous AC games 'Left hand' button, and I'm just used to it when playing AC.

connor_bg
11-19-2012, 08:20 PM
I think I'm going to rebind 'E' back to 'Shift'. In the midst of combat I like having three of my fingers on the direction buttons, and shift allows to do that, while E doesn't (and E would be okay if it's for item use from time to time or something, but it seems that it will be used a lot). Besides, the button seems to be similar to previous AC games 'Left hand' button, and I'm just used to it when playing AC.

Exacly, i did this too. Because if you choose to target enemies diagonaly like W+D it wont be confortable when E is envolved too.

Vogar14
11-19-2012, 08:48 PM

totally agree , "shift" is most accessible .

SixKeys
11-19-2012, 11:50 PM
So how does wall jump work now? If Connor falls off the edge of a building and clings on, how do you make him jump off?

ebmurphy
11-19-2013, 12:02 AM
Is there any way to find a complete list of keyboard commands for Assassin's Creed III? I printed out the pages suggested on the game cover but it is inadequate. Would appreciate any help. I like the game, and bought the big Piggyback 'Complete' Guidebook but PC commands are, sigh not included. I have no idea how to translate the console commands this book gives.

bclarg
04-01-2014, 06:34 PM
So how does wall jump work now? If Connor falls off the edge of a building and clings on, how do you make him jump off?

"E" for hang and "E" again to let go.

bclarg
04-01-2014, 06:36 PM
Conner_bg: I realize that I am late to the party but wanted to give a big shout: THANKS! for you very helpful post regarding keystrokes during combat.