PDA

View Full Version : Has anybody noticed this error?

DARKTIGER29
11-19-2012, 05:51 PM
I just noticed this the other day...in accordance with the North arrow on the mini map...the sun rises and sets in the wrong direction. On the game it rises in the West and sets in the East.

I know there is a long laundry list of problems but I just found this one to be one of those "how in the heck could they mess this one up" kind of things.

RyokuMC
11-19-2012, 05:54 PM
I never noticed that! Nice find xD

lothario-da-be
11-19-2012, 06:13 PM
Lol and then they are saying they are historicly accurate...

twenty_glyphs
11-19-2012, 06:42 PM
In Rome in Brotherhood, the sun rises in the southwest and sets in the northwest, so it doesn't even take a full arc across the sky. I think the moon rises in the north and don't know where it goes from there. In Revelations, the sun rises in the west and sets in the east. In AC3, I only thought to check in the Frontier, and noticed the sun does rise in the east and set in the west there if I remember correctly. As far as I can remember, in AC2 it always went from east to west.

I have a feeling this is done for technical reasons at times and artistic reasons at other times. In Brotherhood, I wonder if having the sun always in the west makes it so the engine doesn't have to worry about dynamic shadows, changing from pointing west to pointing east. Since the sun's always in the west, shadows always point generally east. Maybe they did some stuff with static shadows somewhere that wouldn't work if the shadow directions changed completely. In Revelations, I can only think that maybe an art director thought that sunrise looked better when you saw it across the whole city coming out of the west. Who knows, but I find it very weird in Revelations.

DARKTIGER29
11-19-2012, 07:05 PM
In Rome in Brotherhood, the sun rises in the southwest and sets in the northwest, so it doesn't even take a full arc across the sky. I think the moon rises in the north and don't know where it goes from there. In Revelations, the sun rises in the west and sets in the east. In AC3, I only thought to check in the Frontier, and noticed the sun does rise in the east and set in the west there if I remember correctly. As far as I can remember, in AC2 it always went from east to west.

I have a feeling this is done for technical reasons at times and artistic reasons at other times. In Brotherhood, I wonder if having the sun always in the west makes it so the engine doesn't have to worry about dynamic shadows, changing from pointing west to pointing east. Since the sun's always in the west, shadows always point generally east. Maybe they did some stuff with static shadows somewhere that wouldn't work if the shadow directions changed completely. In Revelations, I can only think that maybe an art director thought that sunrise looked better when you saw it across the whole city coming out of the west. Who knows, but I find it very weird in Revelations.

Maybe it's a glitch in the matrix err I mean Animus

I noticed this at the Homestead. And you are correct..It doesn't go over head like it should..low laying arch..hmmm

zugz469
11-19-2012, 08:53 PM
Maybe it's a glitch in the matrix err I mean Animus

I noticed this at the Homestead. And you are correct..It doesn't go over head like it should..low laying arch..hmmm

I didn't notice about the sun and moon, but I think the orientation of the frontier in general seems wrong. Both Boston and NYC are in the south? That could only feel correct if they were both in the east, so Boston would be northeast and NYC be southeast. That means the map's North is actually pointing west.

If that's true, then the sun and moon are actually travelling south to north? I'm confused lol

DARKTIGER29
11-19-2012, 10:20 PM
I didn't notice about the sun and moon, but I think the orientation of the frontier in general seems wrong. Both Boston and NYC are in the south? That could only feel correct if they were both in the east, so Boston would be northeast and NYC be southeast. That means the map's North is actually pointing west.

If that's true, then the sun and moon are actually travelling south to north? I'm confused lol

Oh no I've gone crosseyed. I honestly didn't look at it that close but now i'll have to check when I get on

BoltActions
11-19-2012, 11:42 PM
I noticed this a few days ago. It struck me as odd lol.