PDA

View Full Version : Have you or are you intending on playing AC: Libeartion?

Destined299
11-19-2012, 11:44 AM
Just would like to know out of curiousity. Maybe some people could also provide some feedback on whether or not it's worth getting a Vita for.

jamgamerforever
11-19-2012, 01:43 PM
No, it's not worth getting a Vita for. In fact, I'd advise people to avoid this even if they already own a Vita.

AC3:L has many great ideas. Unfortunately, it squanders almost all of them by including very annoying gameplay mechanics. Take, for instance, the ability for Aveline to change her outfit. This is REQUIRED during memories. And not just once, or twice, but all the time. So if you go to that memory start point in the wrong outfit, prepare to go all the way back and change your outfit.

The combat is okay, but nothing special, and nowhere near as refined as AC3 proper.

The story is designed to be picked up and put down easily. This... makes it suck. There is no real overarching plot because it expects you to be playing in 30m spurts. If you go into this game expecting a strong narrative, you will be disappointed.

Overall, this is the 4th portable AC game. And it is the 4th portable AC game to disappoint. This, coming from a die-hard AC fan who has every novel and every game.

Destined299
11-19-2012, 02:29 PM
Wow, thanks for voicing your opinion. So far I'll be avoiding it.. might just watch a playthrough on Youtube.

Silhouelle
11-19-2012, 03:24 PM
Don't have due to lack of a vita, which is something I won't ever be buying. I like playing on a proper console while wrapped in a blanket (**** winter). Not pawing at the back of a handheld to make the character do things with touch control thingies.

If it gets released on the PSN Store and playable on PS3 I may buy it though, depending on the price.

kriegerdesgottes
11-19-2012, 03:39 PM
If the day ever comes where the Vita goes down significantly in price and I am able to get one, then I'm sure I will get Liberation for it but I don't see that happening for years to come.

MAX_III
11-19-2012, 03:54 PM
I am sorry but I won’t be playing any more ASSASSINS or even bothering to complete *** 3 I get so angry while playing as the BEAT THE CLOCK missions keep bringing game play to a stop, and despite the great Graphics I can’t cope with getting so angry, makes me realize how good SKYRIM is. ASSas 3 is going back this week end. But not before I have suggested to FRaxis they take a look at the great sea and ship movements, and see if SID Myhur will re do PIRATEs using this sort of game engine, and give NEW Pirates a serious side instead of Cartoon type characters, It would be a Great game indeed a pirate come trading , come exploring as all the old games are proving great value being re done. Xcom, brill, and talk of ELite, (space trader) for those who played it on the Atari ST 520 a truly epic game.

MAX_III
11-19-2012, 03:55 PM
am sorry but I won’t be playing any more ASSASSINS or even bothering to complete *** 3 I get so angry while playing as the BEAT THE CLOCK missions keep bringing game play to a stop, and despite the great Graphics I can’t cope with getting so angry, makes me realize how good SKYRIM is. ASSas 3 is going back this week end. But not before I have suggested to FRaxis they take look at the great sea and ship movements, and see if SID Myhur will re do PIRATEs using this sort of game engine, and give NEW Pirates a serious side instead of Cartoon type characters

kuled2012
11-19-2012, 04:08 PM
I am sorry but I won’t be playing any more ASSASSINS or even bothering to complete *** 3 I get so angry while playing as the BEAT THE CLOCK missions keep bringing game play to a stop, and despite the great Graphics I can’t cope with getting so angry, makes me realize how good SKYRIM is. ASSas 3 is going back this week end. But not before I have suggested to FRaxis they take a look at the great sea and ship movements, and see if SID Myhur will re do PIRATEs using this sort of game engine, and give NEW Pirates a serious side instead of Cartoon type characters, It would be a Great game indeed a pirate come trading , come exploring as all the old games are proving great value being re done. Xcom, brill, and talk of ELite, (space trader) for those who played it on the Atari ST 520 a truly epic game.

Honestly can't understand what you're whinging about.

daltonesque
11-19-2012, 09:43 PM
I wouldn't buy a vita even if I could afford one. If I did I would just use it to play on my tv at home. The vita is just another bs sony scam. I'd be so pissed if I had bought a PSP.

Assassin_M
11-19-2012, 09:46 PM
am sorry but I won’t be playing any more ASSASSINS or even bothering to complete *** 3 I get so angry while playing as the BEAT THE CLOCK missions keep bringing game play to a stop, and despite the great Graphics I can’t cope with getting so angry, makes me realize how good SKYRIM is. ASSas 3 is going back this week end. But not before I have suggested to FRaxis they take look at the great sea and ship movements, and see if SID Myhur will re do PIRATEs using this sort of game engine, and give NEW Pirates a serious side instead of Cartoon type characters
Wait Wait..I know this..You are Complaining..and you`re returning the game this week end and....and..Uhhh...

What`s your problem now ?

vivaxardas
11-19-2012, 10:08 PM
Vita AC Liberation bundle will be on sale soon, just for 199.99. So I am buying it. I played Uncharted Golden Abyss on my friend's Vita, and it was terrific. I played AC Bloodlines, and it was good enough. I do not really get why all this hate. PS Vita is quite terrific, really. Even my old psp is great, I watch movies on it when I am traveling. AC Liberation, as I know,. looks very good, has a lot of fights, platforming and collectables. It is never near a a big console games, but for a portable it seems quite a blast. Just take it for what it is.

Jexx21
11-19-2012, 10:33 PM
No, it's not worth getting a Vita for. In fact, I'd advise people to avoid this even if they already own a Vita.

AC3:L has many great ideas. Unfortunately, it squanders almost all of them by including very annoying gameplay mechanics. Take, for instance, the ability for Aveline to change her outfit. This is REQUIRED during memories. And not just once, or twice, but all the time. So if you go to that memory start point in the wrong outfit, prepare to go all the way back and change your outfit.

The combat is okay, but nothing special, and nowhere near as refined as AC3 proper.

The story is designed to be picked up and put down easily. This... makes it suck. There is no real overarching plot because it expects you to be playing in 30m spurts. If you go into this game expecting a strong narrative, you will be disappointed.

Overall, this is the 4th portable AC game. And it is the 4th portable AC game to disappoint. This, coming from a die-hard AC fan who has every novel and every game.

I disagree, I love Liberation. I bought a Vita for the game, and I'm not disappointed with my purchase. The plot may not be as good as the other plots in the series, but there is certainly an overarching plot. And I love the outfit changing, it gives a larger sense of roleplay.

jamgamerforever
11-19-2012, 11:12 PM
I disagree, I love Liberation. I bought a Vita for the game, and I'm not disappointed with my purchase. The plot may not be as good as the other plots in the series, but there is certainly an overarching plot. And I love the outfit changing, it gives a larger sense of roleplay.

I'm glad you enjoyed the game, considering the amount of money you'll have spent. Vita is a good system though, and I'm sure there will be many games down-the-line that use it's hardware to great results.

I'd like to bring up a few specific points on where the game disappointed me, and how you felt that it was enjoyable, if that's okay? I will keep these no-spoilers since the OP hasn't played the game.

- Aveline's backstory is... non-existent. Considering the slave ties she has, there was great potential there.
- The game literally forces which costumes you wear at points, which is incredibly inconvenient.
- That heart that appears over guard's heads... that hurts me.
- Some of the Vita-specific controls are gimmicky. Some are annoying. Some are painful mini-games. At least when things went wrong in the console games (Tower defense), you could just ignore it entirely.
- Frame rate issues.
- You play as an african-american woman! When do you get to do that in games? Yet, the story never makes that fact matter. Aveline should be seeing others like her suffer, to give her a reason to be an Assassin. Instead, it's entirely ignored. HUGE missed potential here.

It is the best handheld AC game so far, but it still falls below what I consider acceptable.

Wolfpack Hero
11-19-2012, 11:17 PM
i have this game, and i will tell you this. DO NOT BUY IT. i cant stress this enough. the game is currently unplayable with a game crashing bug that will eventually destroy your save game. it affects most of the owners of this game. and ubisoft is being extremely hush about it, which is what most companies do when they decide that a patch isn't cost efficient. it is otherwise a fun game, but the game is BROKEN.

Jexx21
11-20-2012, 01:48 AM
I'm glad you enjoyed the game, considering the amount of money you'll have spent. Vita is a good system though, and I'm sure there will be many games down-the-line that use it's hardware to great results.

I'd like to bring up a few specific points on where the game disappointed me, and how you felt that it was enjoyable, if that's okay? I will keep these no-spoilers since the OP hasn't played the game.

- Aveline's backstory is... non-existent. Considering the slave ties she has, there was great potential there.
- The game literally forces which costumes you wear at points, which is incredibly inconvenient.
- That heart that appears over guard's heads... that hurts me.
- Some of the Vita-specific controls are gimmicky. Some are annoying. Some are painful mini-games. At least when things went wrong in the console games (Tower defense), you could just ignore it entirely.
- Frame rate issues.
- You play as an african-american woman! When do you get to do that in games? Yet, the story never makes that fact matter. Aveline should be seeing others like her suffer, to give her a reason to be an Assassin. Instead, it's entirely ignored. HUGE missed potential here.

It is the best handheld AC game so far, but it still falls below what I consider acceptable.
-Aveline's backstory actually is told in the game through the Database entries
-I don't mind the costume forcing, since it makes sense
-Heart is over the NPCs that the Lady Persona can charm
-Oh, I do think that most of the Vita exclusive features are bugged, but everything else in the game is great
-I have no frame rate issues
-Your last point is actually covered in the game, multiple times. In fact, I have to say that a majority of the plot in Liberation actually deals with it.

TwoDents
11-20-2012, 01:54 AM
Not I, since I don't have a vita. For me, there isn't any interesting games that have come out on the vita at all. I already learned my lesson with the original PSP.

machetefight
11-20-2012, 01:58 AM
No intention, I CBC buying a vita just for this game franchise, waaaay tool buggy. I can just watch YouTube videos if I want to know

im3jia
11-20-2012, 03:26 AM
Like Jexx21, I also bought the Vita for Liberation. The motion games work, but can sometimes be hard to use. I liked the ship trading part, Jexx21 knows what I'm talking about. I haven't tried the multiplayer yet, because I don't have wifi right now, but some members in the Multiplayer forums have compared it to Risk.

More information about the characters are in the second version of the Encylopdia too.

Jexx21
11-21-2012, 01:55 AM
God, when is my copy of AC3 coming..