PDA

View Full Version : Was this cut out of the game?

Farlander1991
11-19-2012, 04:31 AM
A friend who played the game already told me that one moment from Connor's Story Trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgxsTQnF9Qo - 1:22 to 1:28), is not in the game. Can anybody confirm this? (he didn't do a 100% playthrough and a number of side missions, maybe he missed it)

Assassin_M
11-19-2012, 04:34 AM
Not removed. still there..

It`s obvious since he did not 100%, though..

It`s not part of the main story

Farlander1991
11-19-2012, 04:36 AM
Phew... Thanks for putting me at ease. That battle and the tower falling and everything, it looks way too awesome to not be able to play through it in the game.

Assassin_M
11-19-2012, 04:39 AM
Phew... Thanks for putting me at ease. That battle and the tower falling and everything, it looks way too awesome to not be able to play through it in the game.

Wait...You`re talking about the Tower destruction ? I thought you were talking about the Ice..

Anyways, that is still there too, but...That`s in the main story, so I do not know how your friend missed it

Farlander1991
11-19-2012, 04:42 AM
Wait...You`re talking about the Tower destruction ? I thought you were talking about the Ice..

Anyways, that is still there too, but...That`s in the main story, so I do not know how your friend missed it

Well, he said there was a moment near the end of the game which had a similar concept of a ship attacking the shore while we're there, but it wasn't the moment from the trailer.

pirate1802
11-19-2012, 04:44 AM
For a moment I was ready to rage about cut stuff, then I saw the responses and calmed myself. Phew :D

Gianavel
11-19-2012, 07:09 AM
The chunk of time you're talking about happens in the main game. I suppose it's possible he took a different route through the town and didn't see it play out exactly like that, but it still happens.

InfectedNation
11-19-2012, 10:26 AM
Your friend wasn't paying attention... it happens in sequence 7

Layytez
11-19-2012, 11:11 AM
They did cut this though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZrklEy9ohQ

CalgaryJay
11-19-2012, 04:18 PM
I believe that Frontier demo mission was made exclusively for that demo, it was never meant to be a part of the game.

That fort is still there though. This video was helpful when I beat it, because otherwise I would've had no idea to slide down that hill & then scale the cliffs to come through the back.

Gianavel
11-19-2012, 04:27 PM
Yeah. The fort is still there, it just became a regular Templar fort you could free.

He also had 11 rope darts.

CalgaryJay
11-19-2012, 07:09 PM
He also had 11 rope darts.

That's one part I wish wasn't just in the demo. Aside from hunting, the rope dart was my go-to secondary weapon. So much fun in combat, loved the kills with it. So when you only have 5, you're constantly having to buy or craft more.

Not that huge of a deal, but I really don't get why they have an option to craft a rope dart upgrade, or what it even did. You didn't get any more rope darts from it.

psf22
11-19-2012, 07:35 PM
They did cut this though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZrklEy9ohQ

I believe that Frontier demo mission was made exclusively for that demo, it was never meant to be a part of the game.

That fort is still there though. This video was helpful when I beat it, because otherwise I would've had no idea to slide down that hill & then scale the cliffs to come through the back.

They also cut the camps selling pelts, dodging wolves and the target that gets assassinated is killed by Haytham. It's like they just changed it up. Makes me think what more did they change, because Connor's story is a bit lacking here and there, so maybe they changed it last minute?

I mean surely, they left out some things like the camps for some reason ok, but why have a target that's assassinated all of a sudden be killed of by a secondary character. That's just odd to me, regardless of the storyline twist they gave it.

zhengyingli
11-20-2012, 12:11 AM
They also cut the camps selling pelts, dodging wolves and the target that gets assassinated is killed by Haytham. It's like they just changed it up. Makes me think what more did they change, because Connor's story is a bit lacking here and there, so maybe they changed it last minute?

I mean surely, they left out some things like the camps for some reason ok, but why have a target that's assassinated all of a sudden be killed of by a secondary character. That's just odd to me, regardless of the storyline twist they gave it.
This is purely a presentation where no spoilers were revealed, which I thought was ingenious. It wouldn't surprise me if Silas' story was unchanged, but only to put him in a demo for the purpose of throwing us off. As for dodging the wolf, the QTE sequences has always started out with the right face button, so that button might as well be the dodge button. In the demo, they prompted you without cinematic, but still a prompt regardless.

psf22
11-20-2012, 02:16 AM
This is purely a presentation where no spoilers were revealed, which I thought was ingenious. It wouldn't surprise me if Silas' story was unchanged, but only to put him in a demo for the purpose of throwing us off. As for dodging the wolf, the QTE sequences has always started out with the right face button, so that button might as well be the dodge button. In the demo, they prompted you without cinematic, but still a prompt regardless.

You might see it as ingenous but if i prefer this particular demo over the way these parts are done in full game, then yes indeed it is ingenious. You can't dodge wolves like in the video, they will jump on you if you mistime the follow up command. Camps are completely removed which do seem to add something to the frontier, but it probably didn't add to the story or didn't make the cut. The Silas kill does throw us off, but that segment just looked more impactful than how it was done in the retail where you don't even kill him either, regardless of storyline aspect.

I'm not saying the demo is better than the full game or even insinuating that, but rather why cut you know.

zhengyingli
11-20-2012, 03:45 AM
I'm not saying the demo is better than the full game or even insinuating that, but rather why cut you know.
I understand. Though I strongly believe the demo never existed in the game as a mission, I'll accept the theory of it possibly getting cut before release. I do want to go back to that fort to re-enact the demo, though...

psf22
11-20-2012, 10:32 AM
I understand. Though I strongly believe the demo never existed in the game as a mission, I'll accept the theory of it possibly getting cut before release. I do want to go back to that fort to re-enact the demo, though...

You mean like enter the fort from the back? I've seen a bunch of 'backdoor' entrances to forts after I'd already cleared them in my first playthrough. I wasn't particularly proud as to how i conquered those the first run anyways. Will surely do it with a lot more care in my 2nd run.

blacklimoband
11-20-2012, 11:13 AM
Who needs stealth? I've taken on the "infinite army" in Boston and survived for a good 20-30 minutes before finally succumbing to the numbers. I reckon on every fort I must've killed every soldier in an epic battle before being able to blow up the powder stores and change the flag... darn twigs..... lol

zhengyingli
11-20-2012, 09:17 PM
You mean like enter the fort from the back? I've seen a bunch of 'backdoor' entrances to forts after I'd already cleared them in my first playthrough. I wasn't particularly proud as to how i conquered those the first run anyways. Will surely do it with a lot more care in my 2nd run.
This is why I dislike the forts. If I raised the alarm, they should have firing lines ready in out of reach areas within the fort firing in succession. In other words, they should encourage us to take the alternate route. Remember the cowardly Borgia captains? Exactly.

LoyalACFan
11-20-2012, 09:42 PM

I couldn't find a way in, so I just charged through the main gate, lol. Once I got inside, I realized it was the one from the trailer, and felt like an idiot :p To be fair, though, it was in the summertime, so it looked different.

psf22
11-21-2012, 12:03 AM
This is why I dislike the forts. If I raised the alarm, they should have firing lines ready in out of reach areas within the fort firing in succession. In other words, they should encourage us to take the alternate route. Remember the cowardly Borgia captains? Exactly.

I remember. Oddly, on one occasion i raised alarm outside of the fort and they closed its doors completely, and i couldn't enter it nor would they ever come out.

zhengyingli
11-21-2012, 12:24 AM
I remember. Oddly, on one occasion i raised alarm outside of the fort and they closed its doors completely, and i couldn't enter it nor would they ever come out.
O rly??? Well, I snuck in most of the forts and probably missed the one smart laddie that decided to close the door. Maybe it's not as easy as I thought, afterall.