PDA

View Full Version : Revelations is more enjoyable ...

killzab
11-19-2012, 12:23 AM
Despite being a lesser game in the series, I'd rather play Revelations again than AC3 .. it's just more enjoyable overall ...

It is extremely annoying how guards spot you from miles away in AC3 and chase you for MINUTES on hand ... you can cross the whole city without the guards giving you a break ...

I mean ...I was free roaming in NY today and with NO REASON, with low notoriety, Redcoats started attacking me and I tried losing them for so long and I ended up turning off the game ...

And you can't fight for fun ... I remember in earlier games seeing little groups of guards and attacking them just for giggles ... but now whenever you start a fight... you have to fight a whole army ... I don't wanna have to kill 20 guys every time ...
plus it's not realistic ... I tend to role play and when i see too many ennemies I decide to run away and it's back to a boring unending chase ....

Also what's with tha TERRIBLE hud ? I never wanna change weapons because it's SO LONG ! It was perfect in ACR ....

WTF ?

I don't know ... overall I feel the game isn't as FUN ... it's better in terms of productions values but I don't enjoy it as much ...

Assassin_M
11-19-2012, 12:25 AM
So Revelations is better, because it`s easier and because it has a more appealing HUD..

Makes so much sense...So much Sense..

zhengyingli
11-19-2012, 12:30 AM
I mean ...I was free roaming in NY today and with NO REASON, with low notoriety, Redcoats started attacking me and I tried losing them for so long and I ended up turning off the game ...

If the guards mistook you for trying to barge into the place they're standing guard, of course they're going to chase you. Same with Revelations.

Rankya_94
11-19-2012, 12:33 AM
I hated Revelations. Sold it as soon as I've beaten it. I was able to get some multiplayer in during the times when I didn't want to play single player. xD

killzab
11-19-2012, 12:41 AM
I'm not even gonna try to argue with you M ... you're just annoying ... i'll ignore you !

I'm just posting my opinion, and I know i'm not the only one thinking that .... some of my points are made by AngryJoe as well for example.

Assassin_M
11-19-2012, 12:44 AM
I'm not even gonna try to argue with you M ... you're just annoying ... i'll ignore you !

I'm just posting my opinion, and I know i'm not the only one thinking that .... some of my points are made by AngryJoe as well for example.
No, My friend..You`re posting here to get input on Your "Opinion" I`m sure you`re not just putting it here for no reason..

I gave you My input...I think it`s Ridiculous...And, IN MY OPINION, anyone complaining about Difficulty of such an easy game, makes NO sense what so ever. It`s people like you that constantly complains about difficulty and you`re the reason we`v been getting ****TY AI for the last few years in games (AND WE STILL ARE)

So Yeah, That`s what I think about you complaining about difficulty. Ignore me...I hate you too

zhengyingli
11-19-2012, 12:44 AM

But like Angry Joe, you've made opinions based on some bad facts. Although complaining about the HUD is legit, it's hardly a reason to hate the game as a whole.

TwoDents
11-19-2012, 01:34 AM
In my opinion, I think Revelations is the worst in the series. I just did't enjoy it at all. I think this is probably the best game out of the series. I have enjoyed the others greatly, but AC3 is my favorite so far. The previous titles felt too easy (Save AC1. Although it's been a long time since I have played it, so my memory is limited.), which limited the amount of enemies you can fight and you had the ability to purchase upgradeable health and drink potions on the go. In AC3, if you aren't stealthy, you will pay for it. You are rewarded for being stealthy by not having to risk your life fighting 15 people.

Just my opinion, is all. I have just enjoyed AC3 a bit more than previous titles. Finally got 100% story completion recently too, along with the platinum trophy :)

kudos17
11-19-2012, 01:41 AM
I agree that the HUD for switching weapons is a bit annoying, but didn't they say that they were changing that in a patch? I'm not sure.

As for the guards chasing you endlessly, it's really only a problem at high notoriety. Just run through the alleyways and tight corners; there's plenty of places to blend after you cut their line of sight.

Iamsosobad
11-19-2012, 01:46 AM
Is it me or does Assassin M just roam these forums 24/7 and trash anyone who didn't like Assassin's Creed 3 as much he did? Are you not allowed to have an opinion here that opposes his?

TwoDents
11-19-2012, 01:50 AM
Is it me or does Assassin M just roam these forums 24/7 and trash anyone who didn't like Assassin's Creed 3 as much he did? Are you not allowed to have an opinion here that opposes his?

From what I've seen, he mostly rags on people who confuse opinion with fact.

psf22
11-19-2012, 01:52 AM
I agree that the HUD for switching weapons is a bit annoying, but didn't they say that they were changing that in a patch? I'm not sure.

As for the guards chasing you endlessly, it's really only a problem at high notoriety. Just run through the alleyways and tight corners; there's plenty of places to blend after you cut their line of sight.

The fact that blendspots aren't highlighted on the map anymore made people somehow forget on how to escape guards easily..
Like they say themselves, they run endlessly and cannot escape the guards.. hmm

Iamsosobad
11-19-2012, 01:52 AM
I dunno, as far as I can tell he usually attacks people for their personal opinion. Like for example, the OP never states that anything in his post is a fact, he's just giving his opinion on it, and this Assassin M guy attacks him because he doesn't agree with his opinions.

Sickull
11-19-2012, 01:58 AM
I don't agree Revelations was just Brotherhood with bombs and to me it was the only game in the series where Desmond's problems were more interesting than his ancestors, there were some interesting characters in it I really liked Yusuf and Suleiman but besides that it wasn't a very good game but to each his own I guess.

itsamea-mario
11-19-2012, 02:07 AM
No it wasn't, stop being silly.

Jexx21
11-19-2012, 02:17 AM
The fact that blendspots aren't highlighted on the map anymore made people somehow forget on how to escape guards easily..
I hardly used the blendspots on the minimap.. I found them myself..

zhengyingli
11-19-2012, 02:20 AM
I dunno, as far as I can tell he usually attacks people for their personal opinion. Like for example, the OP never states that anything in his post is a fact, he's just giving his opinion on it, and this Assassin M guy attacks him because he doesn't agree with his opinions.
M attacks opinions, as do I and many others, but we do not attack the person they originate from. If that person starts labeling people, however...

DavisP92
11-19-2012, 02:26 AM
I've kept my eye on the forums, even though there really isn't anything here that is interesting or useful. I guess I hope that there will be a forum that actually is dedicated to making a better game. From what i've seen M hasn't done anything wrong, it's annoying to hear how everyone hates AC3 for dumb reasons and has nothing to constructive to say.

ACR is not better than any of the past AC games, sorry. It is the worst in the series (imo), which is sad since Turkey is a cool place. They really need to have the game stick to entering different cities that have their own unique feeling, and a frontier location. And we should escape the cities after the assassinations

Assassin_M
11-19-2012, 03:20 AM

You need to roam the forums more, mate..and don't call me "This Assassin M guy" K ? We clear on that ? Please ?

Also, Yes I attack Opinions. I`m allowed to. Why the HELL would you post your Opinion if others are not allowed to criticize it ?? Or is it only people who AGREE that are allowed to actually talk ??

Ask anyone who hated the game. I`v agreed with many of their points and RESPECTFULLY discussed many points that I do not agree with and usually these end amicably. I`v seen great reviews complaining and always praised excellent analysis.

People are allowed to call Anyone ANYONE that enjoyed the game Fan-boy. And you jump on me for criticizing his opinion ?? Complaining about Difficulty is Silly and saying the game is bad over all, because of the HUD is Silly..

And That`s all I have to say..

Black_Widow9
11-19-2012, 03:58 AM
Ahem. Can we get back to the Topic and stop harassing each other.

If you can't find places to hide from the guards you should use try using your Eagle Vision. Then you will be able to find them a lot easier. ;)

kriegerdesgottes
11-19-2012, 04:08 AM
No...just no.. Totally disagree.

Assassin_M
11-19-2012, 04:24 AM
Ahem. Can we get back to the Topic and stop harassing each other.

Apologies..

zhengyingli
11-19-2012, 04:30 AM
No...just no.. Totally disagree.
That's the thing; I can see WHY Revelations would be more enjoyable. It's just that I disagree about the specific complaints the OP made.

daltonesque
11-19-2012, 04:36 AM
If the guards mistook you for trying to barge into the place they're standing guard, of course they're going to chase you. Same with Revelations.

Guards in AC III will get way more agro on you for low notoriety than in other AC titles but it makes more sense that way. The later we go into the timeline of the entire series the more the cops are gonna be up an assassin's backside. I mean look at the surveillance society we live in now. Yanking a poster down mighta worked for Desmond in a ball park but wait til there's literally a camera on every corner. Also it's really easy to escape the guards. You just have to be on your toes and not get noticed on your way to bribe a crier. Also the combat system was designed to take on large groups of enemies due to the scale of the conflict being larger than anything we've witnessed an Assassin in the middle of so far.

pirate1802
11-19-2012, 04:48 AM
One thing I hated in Revelations (and also Brotherhood) was how easily you can down your notoriety. In Revelations, I tried my level best to stay at high notoriety, but there were heralds and posters everywhere. Is it just me or they drastically increased the posters and heralds in Revs to reduce the difficulty -__- Hope its a bit harder to reduce your notoriety in AC3.

kriegerdesgottes
11-19-2012, 04:53 AM
One thing I hated in Revelations (and also Brotherhood) was how easily you can down your notoriety. In Revelations, I tried my level best to stay at high notoriety, but there were heralds and posters everywhere. Is it just me or they drastically increased the posters and heralds in Revs to reduce the difficulty -__- Hope its a bit harder to reduce your notoriety in AC3.

I would say there are a good number of posters/harolds around to bribe but it's hard to get to them without getting caught by guards especially when you have really high notoriety. You won't have a problem keeping your notoriety high. Sometimes I keep it that way just to keep massacring guards.

ihateyou0
11-19-2012, 05:03 AM
Despite being a lesser game in the series, I'd rather play Revelations again than AC3 .. it's just more enjoyable overall ...

It is extremely annoying how guards spot you from miles away in AC3 and chase you for MINUTES on hand ... you can cross the whole city without the guards giving you a break ...

And you can't fight for fun ... I remember in earlier games seeing little groups of guards and attacking them just for giggles ... but now whenever you start a fight... you have to fight a whole army ... I don't wanna have to kill 20 guys every time ...
plus it's not realistic ... I tend to role play and when i see too many ennemies I decide to run away and it's back to a boring unending chase ....

Also what's with tha TERRIBLE hud ? I never wanna change weapons because it's SO LONG ! It was perfect in ACR ....

WTF ?

I don't know ... overall I feel the game isn't as FUN ... it's better in terms of productions values but I don't enjoy it as much ...

If you mentioned an army of Jagers chasing you maybe I'd understand a little. If your in a chase all you have to do is have a brain (that works) and do the thing you hate doing so much, CHANGING YOUR WEAPON TO A SMOKE BOMB, OMG SO HARD. Then you press the Y button or triangle and while they're in the smoke you can find a haystack or other hiding place to escape. Or just kill them.....

shobhit7777777
11-19-2012, 05:13 AM
This is a funny one....

I had the exact same opinion on ACR as I have of AC3 and mostly for the exact same reasons. I believed that while ACR was the most comprehensive AC game it was a disappointment.....but now going back to ACR post 3....I've newfound love for it. Made me appreciate the game more.

Unless AC4 turns out to be an even greater disappointment I don't think I'll be able to enjoy 3

Revelations, for all it's faults, perfected the Assassin formula in terms of stealth, options, playstyle choices and sandboxes.

I have high hopes for AC4....they can not mess it up more...it's can only get better now. AC3 has some brilliant core gameplay ideas but needs massive amounts of refinement....it needs more of ACR in it and a healthy dose of AC1....I'd love to play that game.

In a nutshell..I agree with OP ( The AI chase is annoying in this one, yes) and I havent been able to go back to AC3 after finishing the campaign....

Also to everyone ragging on OP regarding the chase gameplay....once I get acces to my keyboard...I shall be schooling you on why the design is ****ed. Design is where this game falls flat on its face most of the time.

Assassin_M
11-19-2012, 05:21 AM
Also to everyone ragging on OP regarding the chase gameplay....once I get acces to my keyboard...I shall be schooling you on why the design is ****ed. Design is where this game falls flat on its face most of the time.
Whatever You`re going to say, I disagree with it..ALL of it..I love the Chases, How I actually have to TRY to lose the Guards and for Once FINALLY, I try to hold my Notoriety low, because when it`s High..I`m ****ed...and that`s what I enjoyed most about AC I...I agree with you on Stealth, but this ?? Hell No

Once you said the Chase mechanic is annoying, You lost me..

pirate1802
11-19-2012, 05:29 AM
I shall be schooling you on why the design is ****ed. Design is where this game falls flat on its face most of the time.

:O
*Cowers like a frightened child behind the chair and wonders what the future might bring*

daltonesque
11-19-2012, 05:32 AM
I would say there are a good number of posters/harolds around to bribe but it's hard to get to them without getting caught by guards especially when you have really high notoriety. You won't have a problem keeping your notoriety high. Sometimes I keep it that way just to keep massacring guards.

Sounds like you're not paying enough attention to stalking zones. Don't forget the print shops.

daltonesque
11-19-2012, 05:34 AM
Revelations was fun and the MP was amazing as well as the story had some of my favorite moments but it was also very very short and ended rather abruptly. AC II and III are my favs so far.

pirate1802
11-19-2012, 05:39 AM
Revelations was fun and the MP was amazing as well as the story had some of my favorite moments but it was also very very short and ended rather abruptly. AC II and III are my favs so far.

Have you finished AC III?

shobhit7777777
11-19-2012, 05:40 AM
Whatever You`re going to say, I disagree with it..ALL of it..I love the Chases, How I actually have to TRY to lose the Guards and for Once FINALLY, I try to hold my Notoriety low, because when it`s High..I`m ****ed...and that`s what I enjoyed most about AC I...I agree with you on Stealth, but this ?? Hell No

Once you said the Chase mechanic is annoying, You lost me..

Wait for it ;)

:O
*Cowers like a frightened child behind the chair and wonders what the future might bring*

Enlightenment

pirate1802
11-19-2012, 05:46 AM
.. For a moment I felt I was back in my childhood days. When we used to talk incessantly in the class, and the strict teacher comes in and silences us all.
xD

shobhit7777777
11-19-2012, 05:58 AM
.. For a moment I felt I was back in my childhood days. When we used to talk incessantly in the class, and the strict teacher comes in and silences us all.
xD

Lol

I was in government schools for the most part...we got our asses beat!

abbitha7
11-19-2012, 06:07 AM
OP, my problem with the guards isn't getting away from them, but I don't like how they can spot you from a mile away. If I fight a couple of guards in a dark corner, 10 more shouldn't suddenly show up from the other side of town. That's really my only problem.

kriegerdesgottes
11-19-2012, 06:12 AM
Sounds like you're not paying enough attention to stalking zones. Don't forget the print shops.

Yeah I know all the ways I just don't particularly care for stealth. I'd rather get a really high notoriety and use it to attract guards to me........then destroy them....

shobhit7777777
11-19-2012, 12:18 PM
Time for that lecture I promised

Why the Escape/Chase mechanics are ****ed in AC3

By Prof. Batman

1. The Detection and Search parameters are ****ed
Guards automatically hone into your position regardless of whether they have lost line of sight. All that fancy footwork and alleyway ducking is meaningless because no matter where you are the game AI knows it and sends in the alerted guards in a beeline to your location. The only way to circumvent it is looking for hiding spots...not actually breaking a chase via a believable means....sit down on a bench and you're golden

2. Detection range is unrealistically high.
Thanks to the above the guards beeline for you....and the detection range (The yellow-orange circle) is far too big to effectively lose them. Trying to run out of that circle becomes a detection cycle....you run into more guards and they get alerted and then the circle resets. After crossing into an alleyway and taking a few left turns I should lose my pursuers...detection circle not withstanding. It should take into account LOS and not proximity.

3. Guard density is too high.
Again, combine this with the above and you never have any satisfactory, believable chases....its a Benny Hill show after getting detected. Every corner and turn has not one, not two but an entire heavily armed patrol just standing there....now this may be historically accurate but it is also annoying since you think you're safe and out of the circle but NO!! that patrol over there spots...and thanks to a lack of localized alert immediately starts pursuing you..resetting the giant *** circle.

4. The chase/notoriety loop is ****ed.
Suppose you do manage to break contact and hide in a bale of hay or some such contrived spot......now notoriety is high (Mine usually comes up to 3)..how does the game react to that?

JAGERBOMBS!!!!!!!!!

Jagers here, Jagers there...****ing Jagers everywhere.

Its not a bad idea in concept....but the execution is...at the risk of repeating myself -****ed
I saw 5 jagers in one small piece of land just patrolling the **** out of it. I would walk ahead from my blend spot..and notice another Jager. It just drops Jagers everywhere. This is not challenging..this is frustrating.

5. Boston/NY is wide, doesn't have enough side routes, verticality or closed spaces.
Chase 101...run into alleys and sidepaths to break LOS. Not very effective in the Colonial cities thanks to their limited layout and architecture. Large open areas don't exactly make for the best chase environment...and the free-running on roofs also suffers.

6. All enemy archetypes moonlight as Assassins.
That is the only explanation for the fact that they can run as fast as Connor and climb anywhere. Heavily armed militia shouldn't be equal to an Assassin like Connor in terms of agility. I can deal with a couple of archetypes chasing me down but even the regulars?

So you see guys...its not a perfect system. Instead of a challenging and engaging fast paced agility puzzle like it was in the previous games...the chase/escape mechanics are poorly designed and implemented and IMO make for a frustrating experience.

The cumulative effect of ALL the "little" things I mentioned there really **** the game up

I have no problems getting out of chases...but I expected them to be more enjoyable and challenging.

ProdiGurl
11-19-2012, 12:35 PM
This is really strange becuz I have just the opposite opinion and experience w/ previous Ezio games. I couldn't lose guards for the life of me!
In AC3, I haven't had one set of guards get to me in a chase (and I'm utterly horrible w/ chases/racing of any kind).
I usually just head for the water now - easier to swim away & it's over.
But as for amount of guards chasing, sorry, ACB & ACR were much worse in being relentless. So I have to totally disagree w/ this OP.

I think each AC game has it's strengths and weaknesses and each one in the future will too. It's just that nature of gaming and people's wide variety of preferences.
I love each game equally yet differently - in different ways for different things. If anything, ACB may always win out a little bit being my first intro to AC & the fond memories I have with it (and that soundtrack). I own each one (4) and will continue to replay every one. I actually wish some things AC3 has done, were done w/ Ezio's trilogy. :)

DoNNiEDaRkO50
11-19-2012, 01:22 PM
I thought people Complained about AC being easy? anyway.
The chasing is Harder yes ,, But that's what makes the game fun right?
And the killing for fun is still there in my opinion .... the combat is just Very Fluid and Harder in my opinion. Which is FUN ! And the track that plays when you enter combat in the cities! It just makes you look for guards to hear it !

LightRey
11-19-2012, 01:43 PM
I thought people Complained about AC being easy? anyway.
The chasing is Harder yes ,, But that's what makes the game fun right?
And the killing for fun is still there in my opinion .... the combat is just Very Fluid and Harder in my opinion. Which is FUN ! And the track that plays when you enter combat in the cities! It just makes you look for guards to hear it !
People complained the games were too easy, yes, but that doesn't mean everybody thought so. Even before ACR there were several people out there complaining that the combat was too hard.

dchil279
11-19-2012, 02:38 PM
People complained the games were too easy, yes, but that doesn't mean everybody thought so. Even before ACR there were several people out there complaining that the combat was too hard.
I think that complaint died as soon as Brotherhood came out....

LightRey
11-19-2012, 02:51 PM
I think that complaint died as soon as Brotherhood came out....
Ha! You'd think so but no it didn't. xD

pacmanate
11-19-2012, 02:57 PM

Nope, its in the forum rules D:

twenty_glyphs
11-19-2012, 04:23 PM
I agree with the OP. I was disappointed in Revelations, but AC3 has given me a whole new appreciation for it. At least they had an excuse with an extremely short development time. I'm impressed the team managed to come up with such a new city with new architecture, as well as several new game systems, and build a good game around it in just one year on Revelations. It may have been working on a mature, stable engine, but that's still no easy task. The AC3 team had almost 3 times as long and the quality and fun just doesn't even touch Revelations. Revelations was short, but the actual game mechanics and sandbox play was much more fun for me.

No, the problem the OP is talking about is one I experienced and have seen lots of people complaining about. In New York especially, sometimes guards will just engage you in combat for no reason at all. I can literally be walking down the middle of the street, not close to a building a guard is in front of, with no red restricted area zone on the mini-map and incognito status, and have guards attack me out of nowhere. They won't even go through the short detection phase that a guard will have when you're at full Level 3 notoriety. This has never happened in previous AC games and is clearly a bug, or a game designer's cruel joke.

I've played every single AC game through AC3, and I spent a lot of AC3 running endlessly without escaping guards. Trust me, I'm not bad at the game and was always able to escape guards without any problem before. AC3 introduces several changes that made escaping more difficult, and worse, more frustrating and less fun. The search area highlighted by a yellow circle is about twice the diameter from AC2 to AC3, meaning it's about 4 times the actual area that guards will search for you. In the past if you couldn't find a hiding spot at least you could escape that area and have them stop looking for you. Now it's nearly impossible to escape the yellow area on your map, and if you get spotted just once the whole area re-centers on your new location. This game needs hiding spots highlighted on the mini-map even more than past games for that reason alone.

On top of that, the guards really do see you through walls and will swarm to your current location in huge numbers. Showing the hiding spots on the mini-map was important because it's hard to survey your surroundings and take a lot in visually while you're running and climbing as fast as you can through the cities. You have such little time to escape once you break line of sight. Usually when I do spot a hiding spot, I'm already spotted by the guards again. Also, the guards track you down like crazy no matter what kind of crazy path you take through alleyways to lose them even after they've lost line of sight. That just defeats the purpose and takes away any challenge and satisfaction. I'd like it to be hard to escape, but reward me for taking a crazy path through alleyways and circling around behind the guards to hide back there. Nope, they magically know wherever I am, so there's no point in trying to be creative in escaping.

And like the OP said, you can't just get in short little skirmishes for fun with a group of 4 guards like you used to. Guards that are nowhere within sight will swarm your location like crazy now as soon as you trigger combat. This means that any trigger of combat becomes tedious -- either you have to spend more time to kill everyone, or more time to escape. I'm all for the additional difficulty. Heck, I think AC2 made escaping a little too easy compared to AC1. But AC3 is just pure frustration for me. I wanted them to add difficulty and fun, not just make it harder to say they did and end up with a frustrating, almost broken experience.

And it's sort of unrelated, but still part of the same gameplay loop, but lowering notoriety is so boring now. You only have two ways -- tear down posters or bribe someone. You have two different people to bribe. I miss being able to assassinate an official to lower notoriety. They actually made that even more fun in Revelations by giving that official some bodyguards. Now the only way to lower your notoriety is to walk up to something and press B. This just really feels like a microcosm of AC3 -- less fun everywhere.

If you can't find places to hide from the guards you should use try using your Eagle Vision. Then you will be able to find them a lot easier. ;)

This is not really a useful technique because they screwed up the controls for Eagle Vision so badly that you can't trigger it unless you come to a complete stop. By the time you can turn Eagle Vision on, the guards are all over you because you've stopped. So sad this ability feels so useless now because of how tedious it is to trigger since Revelations. Besides, while Eagle Vision is on you can't see your social status, so you won't know for sure if the AI has already spotted you yet again, which would make hiding useless.

ProdiGurl
11-19-2012, 04:43 PM
I like climbing up onto rooftops during chases, less of them can get to you up there - and @ Twenty above, use that time to turn on Eagle Vision.
It's even better up there becuz it's highlighted in sparkly blue where you can jump from into a haybale.

MasterAssasin84
11-19-2012, 04:51 PM
Dont get me wrong i enjoyed Revelations but it seriously lacked an menial challenge , i remember purchasing the game November 2011 and completed it within 2 days.
it was just brotherhood with a change of paint and few extra features added which did not make much of a difference in the overall gameplay.

Assassins creed 3's combat is fantastic because it requires a level of though and skill in some areas.

Paribissee
11-19-2012, 05:03 PM

They are allowed but so is he and he can give opinion on your opinions as do you and i agree with him most of the time and people are just haters who search for things to complain about the game specially on this AC3 forum cause when i went to other AC3 forums people loved the game and all the haters are at this forum mainly. Just enjoy the game and stop complaining b.tch.s:cool:

AdrianJacek
11-19-2012, 05:07 PM

I think that's because of the Jannisaries. :P Usually I'm not scared of Guards in AC games (Even Jagers seem too easy) but after Tarik's death when the whole army is on your a*s.... :O

ProdiGurl
11-19-2012, 05:11 PM
Ya I know at first when I was learning the new combat, I got a sick feeling in my stomach - expecting it would ruin the game.
It turned out to be alot better and more fun than all 3 of the Trilogy. :D

I really loved the missions & focus on Assassin recruits in ACR. It was so much fun interacting w/ them on missions - my main complaint of it was only that it wasn't alot longer.
My main complaint on AC3 is actually the lack of significant music presence. I think that's affecting alot of fan perception.

kriegerdesgottes
11-19-2012, 05:16 PM
My main complaint on AC3 is actually the lack of significant music presence. I think that's affecting alot of fan perception.

Totally agree with this. The music has such a huge impact on the players mind that most people don't even notice. I remember playing ACII and noticing how important the music was in the background to the fun of the game. I often notice in ACIII how much potential was wasted in not putting in background music. I truly believe that if it was there, it would make a lot of people enjoy the game much more. It's one of those things that you may not think is important but it is extremely important to a game like this.

MasterAssasin84
11-19-2012, 05:19 PM
Ya I know at first when I was learning the new combat, I got a sick feeling in my stomach - expecting it would ruin the game.
It turned out to be alot better and more fun than all 3 of the Trilogy. :D

I really loved the missions & focus on Assassin recruits in ACR. It was so much fun interacting w/ them on missions - my main complaint of it was only that it wasn't alot longer.

Agreed with all points raised here, one thing i loved about the previous games was the Music i felt it gave the games a certain amount of ambience and atmosphere, i love the combat system
it really is the best out of the trillogy i do feel alot of thought has gone into it.

But i do think AC2 had the best music, particuarly the Venice Rooftops theme, i enjoyed so much i downloaded the soundtrack :D

RyokuMC
11-19-2012, 05:25 PM

Thats the ONLY part that I agree with you

shobhit7777777
11-19-2012, 06:48 PM
. It may have been working on a mature, stable engine, but that's still no easy task. The AC3 team had almost 3 times as long and the quality and fun just doesn't even touch Revelations. Revelations was short, but the actual game mechanics and sandbox play was much more fun for me.

I agree...AC3 really made me miss ACR...and going back to it...ACR is simply amazing. Never thought I'd say that but..yeah. You nailed it with the mechanics and the sandbox play.....assaulting a templar den is SO much fun and the city architecture and the crowd gives you so much more to play with

No, the problem the OP is talking about is one I experienced and have seen lots of people complaining about. In New York especially, sometimes guards will just engage you in combat for no reason at all. I can literally be walking down the middle of the street, not close to a building a guard is in front of, with no red restricted area zone on the mini-map and incognito status, and have guards attack me out of nowhere. They won't even go through the short detection phase that a guard will have when you're at full Level 3 notoriety. This has never happened in previous AC games and is clearly a bug, or a game designer's cruel joke.

QFT

I once saw a whole line of troops go alert and they were blocks away on another street with NO LOS to Connor. This game has some seriously ****ed detection and LOS issues with the AI. Inexcusable IMO

I've played every single AC game through AC3, and I spent a lot of AC3 running endlessly without escaping guards. Trust me, I'm not bad at the game and was always able to escape guards without any problem before. AC3 introduces several changes that made escaping more difficult, and worse, more frustrating and less fun. The search area highlighted by a yellow circle is about twice the diameter from AC2 to AC3, meaning it's about 4 times the actual area that guards will search for you. In the past if you couldn't find a hiding spot at least you could escape that area and have them stop looking for you. Now it's nearly impossible to escape the yellow area on your map, and if you get spotted just once the whole area re-centers on your new location. This game needs hiding spots highlighted on the mini-map even more than past games for that reason alone.

Again 100% nailed it

On top of that, the guards really do see you through walls and will swarm to your current location in huge numbers. Showing the hiding spots on the mini-map was important because it's hard to survey your surroundings and take a lot in visually while you're running and climbing as fast as you can through the cities. You have such little time to escape once you break line of sight. Usually when I do spot a hiding spot, I'm already spotted by the guards again. Also, the guards track you down like crazy no matter what kind of crazy path you take through alleyways to lose them even after they've lost line of sight. That just defeats the purpose and takes away any challenge and satisfaction. I'd like it to be hard to escape, but reward me for taking a crazy path through alleyways and circling around behind the guards to hide back there. Nope, they magically know wherever I am, so there's no point in trying to be creative in escaping.

Exactly...instead of using LOS they just behave like automated drones and lock in....you're absolutely right about the absolute lack of creativity needed to escape.

And like the OP said, you can't just get in short little skirmishes for fun with a group of 4 guards like you used to. Guards that are nowhere within sight will swarm your location like crazy now as soon as you trigger combat. This means that any trigger of combat becomes tedious -- either you have to spend more time to kill everyone, or more time to escape. I'm all for the additional difficulty. Heck, I think AC2 made escaping a little too easy compared to AC1. But AC3 is just pure frustration for me. I wanted them to add difficulty and fun, not just make it harder to say they did and end up with a frustrating, almost broken experience.

Agreed....made more frustrating with the ridiculous guard density

And it's sort of unrelated, but still part of the same gameplay loop, but lowering notoriety is so boring now. You only have two ways -- tear down posters or bribe someone. You have two different people to bribe. I miss being able to assassinate an official to lower notoriety. They actually made that even more fun in Revelations by giving that official some bodyguards. Now the only way to lower your notoriety is to walk up to something and press B. This just really feels like a microcosm of AC3 -- less fun everywhere.

So true! While I LOVED the option of going back to the source of the wanted posters and printing your own propaganda...the absence of the witness assassinations was missed

People....the chase mechanics are a great example of how AC3 ****ed up. Broken and inconsistent mechanics, deviation from ANY sort of actual progression and piss poor design.

To all those saying that hard=good. No.

Challenging = Good

Whats the difference?
Well Hard is trying to fly an RC plane using just 2 fingers on your right hand
Challenging is trying to fly the same RC plane through a set of aerial acrobats...without idiotic handicaps.

WAKE THE **** UP!!!! and stop defending and accepting every sloppy nonsense that comes your way.

psf22
11-19-2012, 07:04 PM

This is not really a useful technique because they screwed up the controls for Eagle Vision so badly that you can't trigger it unless you come to a complete stop. By the time you can turn Eagle Vision on, the guards are all over you because you've stopped. So sad this ability feels so useless now because of how tedious it is to trigger since Revelations. Besides, while Eagle Vision is on you can't see your social status, so you won't know for sure if the AI has already spotted you yet again, which would make hiding useless.

When i said, they run endlessly i meant that in the literal sense. But that doesn't mean that you/they should be running endlessly.
I don't agree that it's broken or frustrating, usually making it harder results in one of those two, but it's a purely subjective experience. Because you see, i didn't have so much trouble escaping them. First of all guards don't see me through walls, maybe i'm just lucky there since i've read about it in numerous posts. When you run away you can use a smoke bomb, climb up a roof, use eagle vision look for a blend spot, or several and pick one. It's not that hard for me, and this is just one way. The game wants you to be a bit more creative at parts instead of just running and outsprinting the guards and POOF, you're safe.
All this talk about earlier games and escaping guards.. lets face it.. it was way too easy. If that in turn makes it more enjoyable, that's fine. But i have no problem with how it is now.

Nothing personal but when you say/imply that you're decent/good at earlier games, has nothing to do with your understanding of this game.

ProdiGurl
11-19-2012, 07:40 PM
WAKE THE **** UP!!!! and stop defending and accepting every sloppy nonsense that comes your way.

Hmm, apparently anyone who likes the game is sleeping until they see the light of your preferences? :nonchalance:

psf22
11-19-2012, 07:46 PM
Hmm, apparently anyone who likes the game is sleeping until they see the light of your preferences? :nonchalance:

What a funny reply :o

twenty_glyphs
11-19-2012, 07:47 PM
When i said, they run endlessly i meant that in the literal sense. But that doesn't mean that you/they should be running endlessly.
I don't agree that it's broken or frustrating, usually making it harder results in one of those two, but it's a purely subjective experience. Because you see, i didn't have so much trouble escaping them. First of all guards don't see me through walls, maybe i'm just lucky there since i've read about it in numerous posts. When you run away you can use a smoke bomb, climb up a roof, use eagle vision look for a blend spot, or several and pick one. It's not that hard for me, and this is just one way. The game wants you to be a bit more creative at parts instead of just running and outsprinting the guards and POOF, you're safe.
All this talk about earlier games and escaping guards.. lets face it.. it was way too easy. If that in turn makes it more enjoyable, that's fine. But i have no problem with how it is now.

Nothing personal but when you say/imply that you're decent/good at earlier games, has nothing to do with your understanding of this game.

My method of escaping is not to just try to run as far away from the guards as I can, even when that was easier in AC2. I always want to break line of sight and hide quickly, but this game just makes it too frustrating. You're right, I guess I could use a smoke bomb, but changing the tools in the weapon wheel is slow and tedious, and I'll stop moving once I'm out of the menu anyway. And I don't want smoke bombs to take up one of my precious 4 quick select slots. When I do manage to make it to a roof, I can't go far before coming across a group of 2 or 3 rooftop guards who just re-center my detection location and undo any work I just did. Also, with no hiding places on rooftops, this is a hard strategy to pull off as well. It's also much slower to ascend to rooftops now, because the free-running paths on the sides of buildings usually just go up halfway and then lead you back down to the street, so you have to do the slower vertical climb. I rarely see a quick lift when I need one.

So the reason I end up running endlessly is because everytime I manage to break line of sight, I get maybe 1 or 2 seconds to find a hiding spot. If there's not one close by, the guards will find me. Oftentimes I'll turn a corner just to see a huge group of guards already waiting for me. So I have to keep running to try to continue breaking line of sight. In the AC2 engine, at least I had the option of leaving the yellow search area when things were getting frustrating or out of hand, but AC3 makes that almost impossible. So it literally becomes like a Benny Hill scene, with constant running.

If there is a better way to handle this in AC3, the game does a terrible job of showing you. I don't expect it to work the same as all the past games, but I expect it to at least be as fun and not way more frustrating.

psf22
11-19-2012, 07:48 PM
My method of escaping is not to just try to run as far away from the guards as I can, even when that was easier in AC2. I always want to break line of sight and hide quickly, but this game just makes it too frustrating. You're right, I guess I could use a smoke bomb, but changing the tools in the weapon wheel is slow and tedious, and I'll stop moving once I'm out of the menu anyway. And I don't want smoke bombs to take up one of my precious 4 quick select slots. When I do manage to make it to a roof, I can't go far before coming across a group of 2 or 3 rooftop guards who just re-center my detection location and undo any work I just did. Also, with no hiding places on rooftops, this is a hard strategy to pull off as well. It's also much slower to ascend to rooftops now, because the free-running paths on the sides of buildings usually just go up halfway and then lead you back down to the street, so you have to do the slower vertical climb. I rarely see a quick lift when I need one.

So the reason I end up running endlessly is because everytime I manage to break line of sight, I get maybe 1 or 2 seconds to find a hiding spot. If there's not one close by, the guards will find me. Oftentimes I'll turn a corner just to see a huge group of guards already waiting for me. So I have to keep running to try to continue breaking line of sight. In the AC2 engine, at least I had the option of leaving the yellow search area when things were getting frustrating or out of hand, but AC3 makes that almost impossible. So it literally becomes like a Benny Hill scene, with constant running.

If there is a better way to handle this in AC3, the game does a terrible job of showing you. I don't expect it to work the same as all the past games, but I expect it to at least be as fun and not way more frustrating.

So basically you're just being stubborn then, i won't do this because then that, or why should i do this when i could that. You're only limiting and frustrating yourself.
While scaling buildings, the AI can never catch you or knock you down in mid-climb, so you should just climb regardless. So climbing to higher spots should give you an advantage as in where to look and find hidespots, not hide on the roofs (which i do miss btw). And like you said yourself, when you run on the sides of buildings try to jump from there to roofs, which is just faster than climbing it from the ground up. I don't understand why you would be jumping back on the streets because climbing up higher would make it slower, that actually makes no sense.
Sometimes you need to take 1 step back in order to move 2 steps forward.

Assassin_M
11-19-2012, 08:05 PM
Like I said, Shobhit...I Completely disagree..

And again, Anyone complaining about Difficulty, makes no sense to me..

And Yes i`m a sleeping robot who enjoys any crap thrown at him i.e Fan-boy...I embrace that name now

You People are ridiculous

ZephyrStrife
11-19-2012, 09:07 PM
Can't say I agree with the OP. AC:R was BORING. I hated it. All it was was AC:B with grenades, which I didn't bother using because it was a waste of time and didn't help nor enhance gameplay. It was a gimmick...a bad one.

As to why people are having such a hard time outmanuvering the guards during chases is because AC3 does not follow the age old formula of "Run like hell to escape the guards and get out of the yellow zone" and players are trying to do that. IT DOESN'T WORK because their are too many patrols. You are supposed to duck into a crowd, a bale of hale, or duck into some bushes once you hit yellow. Its not that hard people. Hint: make a lot of sharp turns into alleyways and break their line of site. There are plenty of places to hide in the alleys...tall grass and hay.

And since people can't seem to agree on game difficulty, why doesn't Ubisoft just implement difficulty modes that way the little babies who don't like a challenge can play on easy mode. For me, AC3 was way too easy. The only time I died is when I mis-stepped a jump from a synchronization point and fell to my doom. You don't even need to upgrade you're weapons to beat this game. And you're saying AC3 is hard? They did away with potions to make the game more difficult, but then the guards are complete slouches which compensates and drops the difficulty level. GAH.

Assassin_M
11-19-2012, 09:19 PM
AC3 was way too easy.
This..

Anyone saying otherwise has the right to voice it and I have the right to call it non-sense..

daltonesque
11-19-2012, 09:30 PM
Have you finished AC III?

yeap! 100% sync. still a few smaller objectives that don't affect sync to accomplish but done for the most part. I'll admit that at first I was a little frustrated with some of the differences as I have played all the PS3 installments and the gameplay had changed radically from what I was used to. Once I got the hang of some of the new ways of doing things though I was completely immersed and the story development I found intriguing. The only thing that happened that I would complain about is the fact that it was impossible to have any idea whether I was doing way too many side missions and ignoring the mains too much or if it was the other way around. It would have been nice to see everything in a more chronological order. I loved the naval missions. they were fun and at times even peaceful and serene. (for like 30 seconds haha).

daltonesque
11-19-2012, 09:33 PM
Like I said, Shobhit...I Completely disagree..

And again, Anyone complaining about Difficulty, makes no sense to me..

And Yes i`m a sleeping robot who enjoys any crap thrown at him i.e Fan-boy...I embrace that name now

You People are ridiculous

Fan-boys and girls are the best. People who relentlessly pursue things like AC or Star Wars or whatever are an important catalyst which helps to ensure the rest of us "normal folks" get to keep having fun with wonderful franchises. (I'm probably an AC fan boy really though)

Assassin_M
11-19-2012, 09:35 PM
(I'm probably an AC fan boy really though)
Did You enjoy AC III ?? Just the tiniest bit of Enjoyment ?

daltonesque
11-19-2012, 09:37 PM
OP, my problem with the guards isn't getting away from them, but I don't like how they can spot you from a mile away. If I fight a couple of guards in a dark corner, 10 more shouldn't suddenly show up from the other side of town. That's really my only problem.

you gotta kill the snitch!! The pansy who runs off to get more redcoats while you're dispatching the first lot. It makes it much easier to avoid battles with forty guards in the middle of town if you remember that. He usually has a drum and a stupid hat.

TheHumanTowel
11-19-2012, 09:40 PM
Revelations: Better than AC3
http://i.imgur.com/kK0lc.jpg

ZephyrStrife
11-19-2012, 09:41 PM
you gotta kill the snitch!! The pansy who runs off to get more redcoats while you're dispatching the first lot. It makes it much easier to avoid battles with forty guards in the middle of town if you remember that. He usually has a drum and a stupid hat.

This is why we needed a "throw the tomahawk" ability in the game. Man, I miss throwing knives.

the_heat11
11-19-2012, 09:56 PM
I understand why so many people were disappointed with ACIII. It's because so many people put their expectations way too high. I on the other hand was fully satisfied with the game other than the bugs because I did not expect this game to be perfect. That being said, I love this game and it is actually my favourite game ive played this whole year. *raises flame shield*

UncappedWheel82
11-19-2012, 10:01 PM
I understand why so many people were disappointed with ACIII. It's because so many people put their expectations way too high. I on the other hand was fully satisfied with the game other than the bugs because I did not expect this game to be perfect. That being said, I love this game and it is actually my favourite game ive played this whole year. *raises flame shield*

You have a point. I'm on your side! :o

IronEagl3
11-19-2012, 10:49 PM
You need to roam the forums more, mate..and don't call me "This Assassin M guy" K ? We clear on that ? Please ?

Also, Yes I attack Opinions. I`m allowed to. Why the HELL would you post your Opinion if others are not allowed to criticize it ?? Or is it only people who AGREE that are allowed to actually talk ??

Ask anyone who hated the game. I`v agreed with many of their points and RESPECTFULLY discussed many points that I do not agree with and usually these end amicably. I`v seen great reviews complaining and always praised excellent analysis.

People are allowed to call Anyone ANYONE that enjoyed the game Fan-boy. And you jump on me for criticizing his opinion ?? Complaining about Difficulty is Silly and saying the game is bad over all, because of the HUD is Silly..

And That`s all I have to say..

I agree with you M, but the reason people hate on you is because you put "..." after your sentences, which naturally gives off a signal that the OP is an idiot or is doing something wrong.

Example: OP: "I think AC3 is a crappy game and should have been much better" Anonymous: "I liked the game....it was probably one of the best games I have ever played...I don't know what you're talking about..."

Imagine all that without the dot dot dot. Would've sounded much kinder.

zhengyingli
11-19-2012, 10:56 PM
This is why we needed a "throw the tomahawk" ability in the game. Man, I miss throwing knives.
Or pistol/bow.

ZephyrStrife
11-19-2012, 11:04 PM
Or pistol/bow.

Ezio had a crossbow, a gun, and throwing knives, so no. Let me throw my tomahawk.

twenty_glyphs
11-19-2012, 11:14 PM
So basically you're just being stubborn then, i won't do this because then that, or why should i do this when i could that. You're only limiting and frustrating yourself.
While scaling buildings, the AI can never catch you or knock you down in mid-climb, so you should just climb regardless. So climbing to higher spots should give you an advantage as in where to look and find hidespots, not hide on the roofs (which i do miss btw). And like you said yourself, when you run on the sides of buildings try to jump from there to roofs, which is just faster than climbing it from the ground up. I don't understand why you would be jumping back on the streets because climbing up higher would make it slower, that actually makes no sense.
Sometimes you need to take 1 step back in order to move 2 steps forward.

No, the game is limiting and frustrating me; not myself. I understand if they want to change things up, but I feel like this game arbitrarily changes the escape mechanics without adding new features to compensate for the missing features and without ever properly explaining it. Free-running routes in the cities used to lead higher and higher, so you could run up the barrels and carts on the sides of a building and gain height while also running forward. Eventually the path would lead to a rooftop and you could continue running onto the rooftop to easily break line of sight. In AC3, those routes tend to stay more horizontal on the sides of buildings. If you continue to follow them, they don't lead to the roofs but lead back down to the streets. So yes, I have to stop, turn and start climbing the side of a building from one of the free-running paths while guards are standing there looking at me. It's more awkward and less fun than it used to be. That has nothing to do with my playstyle, it's just how the game is. AC3 has removed features that I liked in previous games without giving me anything new of substance to replace them with.

zhengyingli
11-19-2012, 11:38 PM
No, the game is limiting and frustrating me; not myself. I understand if they want to change things up, but I feel like this game arbitrarily changes the escape mechanics without adding new features to compensate for the missing features and without ever properly explaining it. Free-running routes in the cities used to lead higher and higher, so you could run up the barrels and carts on the sides of a building and gain height while also running forward. Eventually the path would lead to a rooftop and you could continue running onto the rooftop to easily break line of sight. In AC3, those routes tend to stay more horizontal on the sides of buildings. If you continue to follow them, they don't lead to the roofs but lead back down to the streets. So yes, I have to stop, turn and start climbing the side of a building from one of the free-running paths while guards are standing there looking at me. It's more awkward and less fun than it used to be. That has nothing to do with my playstyle, it's just how the game is. AC3 has removed features that I liked in previous games without giving me anything new of substance to replace them with.
You can still run up to the roof quite easily. Since these building aren't tall at all, you can always get up to the roof straight away after running several free run steps. If you want something new, there's always the chase breakers.

Lexax123
11-19-2012, 11:40 PM
I disagree with the OP, ACR just got worse for me the more I played it, and thought there were quite a few parts that showed their laziness / time limitations. But I think they really should add a redcoat / patriot outfit to limit notoriety gain like in AC2 and ACB

twenty_glyphs
11-20-2012, 12:23 AM
You can still run up to the roof quite easily. Since these building aren't tall at all, you can always get up to the roof straight away after running several free run steps. If you want something new, there's always the chase breakers.

You're not listening to me. I can't get up to the roofs as easily and as fun as I used to. Period. The average building height is still the same as the average building height of the previous games, so it's not really any faster to just climb up the side of a building. While I'm just climbing straight up, guards have a chance to catch up to me. If I could free-run forward and up like the past games, I could stay ahead of the guards better.

I like the idea of the new chase breakers a lot, but I can never find them when I need them. If they were on my mini-map, I could actually use them because I would run towards them. I've probably only used them twice in the game, and once was because I knew exactly where it was located because of the Boston demo from the summer.

I disagree with the OP, ACR just got worse for me the more I played it, and thought there were quite a few parts that showed their laziness / time limitations. But I think they really should add a redcoat / patriot outfit to limit notoriety gain like in AC2 and ACB

Great point. This game definitely needs an item to keep you incognito after the story way more than AC2 and Brotherhood since notoriety is much more challenging, annoying and frustrating. At least then we'd have the choice to avoid it after the story is finished.

zhengyingli
11-20-2012, 12:36 AM
You're not listening to me. I can't get up to the roofs as easily and as fun as I used to. Period. The average building height is still the same as the average building height of the previous games, so it's not really any faster to just climb up the side of a building. While I'm just climbing straight up, guards have a chance to catch up to me. If I could free-run forward and up like the past games, I could stay ahead of the guards better.

I like the idea of the new chase breakers a lot, but I can never find them when I need them. If they were on my mini-map, I could actually use them because I would run towards them. I've probably only used them twice in the game, and once was because I knew exactly where it was located because of the Boston demo from the summer.

I did listen to you, just that my experience greatly differs from yours. This is just me trying to figure out why you don't find it fun as I have the same ease as before. I didn't mean climbing up from the side of the building from the bottom (you probably didn't mean it, either). My point was that there are so many spots where I can gain some elevation while free running, then literally climb to the roof without spending any time scaling.

Assassin_M
11-20-2012, 12:38 AM
I agree with you M, but the reason people hate on you is because you put "..." after your sentences, which naturally gives off a signal that the OP is an idiot or is doing something wrong.

Example: OP: "I think AC3 is a crappy game and should have been much better" Anonymous: "I liked the game....it was probably one of the best games I have ever played...I don't know what you're talking about..."

Imagine all that without the dot dot dot. Would've sounded much kinder.
Yeah I know what you`re saying. I try not to do it too..

Sorry

psf22
11-20-2012, 12:27 PM

I'm sorry, but by the read of it, it really does seem that you're only limiting yourself as you're taking every little nuance and try to bend it such that it favors your argument more. For ex, what is better, to free run a building half way and then jump on a roof, or wait for a roof that's never going to overlap because the streets (and buildings) aren't like past AC games. Where they were more narrow, sharp and more overlapping in general.
Like i 'said' in a previous reply, this is a different game, with different rules. Because you're holding on to those games and actually remembering old habits/ways you're in fact limiting yourself. All the overlapping runs in the past games didn't really count for anything since you could basically outsprint everyone except for the archers (i think). In this game since you can never get knocked down in mid-climb it's actually more in your favor to scale buildings, either half way or from the bottom. It's just better and faster. Now if you don't want to do it and complain about it and say the streets/buildings won't allow it (sorta automatically), well then so be it. The game does allow it, just with a bit more manual control. You want it the way it was when you should be adapting to the way it is now.

Back to the beginning:
I tried to give just 1 tip on how to escape guards by actually using a combo of smoke bomb/roof scale/spot (multiple) blendspot(s) and all of a sudden this is a discussion about it being awkward to scale buildings, or less enjoyable. Right

ProdiGurl
11-20-2012, 01:23 PM
^ um.. that ^

MasterAssasin84
11-20-2012, 01:54 PM
No, My friend..You`re posting here to get input on Your "Opinion" I`m sure you`re not just putting it here for no reason..

I gave you My input...I think it`s Ridiculous...And, IN MY OPINION, anyone complaining about Difficulty of such an easy game, makes NO sense what so ever. It`s people like you that constantly complains about difficulty and you`re the reason we`v been getting ****TY AI for the last few years in games (AND WE STILL ARE)

So Yeah, That`s what I think about you complaining about difficulty. Ignore me...I hate you too

@Killzab

I do have to agree with Assassin M here on this one,

The idea of these forums is that we post our opinions whilst expecting a response from fellow users thus generating a healthy debate.

To slate a game because its more difficult than previous games is a poor argument in my eyes, Revelations was good but the combat system was borderlining button mashing
whilst AC3 requires a level of skill which is what i like secondly the NPC'S in this game anticipate your reactions thus requiring you to change your tactic.

I love the chases because they are more intense. you do know that when the guards form a blockade if you hold b ( if your playing xbox) as you aproach connor will flip past them but you have
to time it correctly, or if they are proving persistant use your eagle vision to find hiding spots or look out for open doors so you can break their line of site.

All these things are major breakthroughs for the series, i just only wish Ezio could pull of some of these moves :( but back on topic of course your entitled to your opinion but atleast base
of reasonable fact rather than just ignorance.

playassassins1
11-20-2012, 01:58 PM
Great point. This game definitely needs an item to keep you incognito after the story way more than AC2 and Brotherhood since notoriety is much more challenging, annoying and frustrating. At least then we'd have the choice to avoid it after the story is finished.

You can use the animus hacks. One of them keeps your notoriety at incognito.....

MasterAssasin84
11-20-2012, 02:04 PM
You can use the animus hacks. One of them keeps your notoriety at incognito.....

The only fault i am finding with the game is the glitches and bugs which as we all know there is a fix coming, apart from that the game is awesome i cant see what people are complaining about.

I though this was a bold decision for ubi to opt for the American Revolution and they have pulled it off well.

zerocooll21
11-20-2012, 04:26 PM

+1
Whats with all the people getting butt hurt over others opinions? Its a public forum where everyone has a opinion, if you can't deal criticism then go cry about else where. Assassin_M as well many others here are tried of useless complaining/*****ing.

Revelations: Better than AC3
http://i.imgur.com/kK0lc.jpg

BAHAHAHAAHAHAH, Awesome ;)

ProdiGurl
11-20-2012, 04:33 PM
@Killzab

I do have to agree with Assassin M here on this one,

The idea of these forums is that we post our opinions whilst expecting a response from fellow users thus generating a healthy debate.

To slate a game because its more difficult than previous games is a poor argument in my eyes, Revelations was good but the combat system was borderlining button mashing
whilst AC3 requires a level of skill which is what i like secondly the NPC'S in this game anticipate your reactions thus requiring you to change your tactic.

I love the chases because they are more intense. you do know that when the guards form a blockade if you hold b ( if your playing xbox) as you aproach connor will flip past them but you have
to time it correctly, or if they are proving persistant use your eagle vision to find hiding spots or look out for open doors so you can break their line of site.

All these things are major breakthroughs for the series, i just only wish Ezio could pull of some of these moves :( but back on topic of course your entitled to your opinion but atleast base
of reasonable fact rather than just ignorance.
I agree with all this - and esp. the Ezio part. I've said the same thing that I wish Ezio's trilogy had some of this stuff from AC3 - esp. Connors kool combat animations. It makes fighting really enjoyable. Just yesterday when I was doing a Liberation mission, the camera went to a closeup angle during the fight and it was amazing!!!
Poor Ezio missed out on that stuff. But then Connor can't throw knives or his tomahawk :p

I also love that I don't get shot down 1/2 way up a building I'm trying to climb during a chase too. That got real old. & do you mean that when Connor's chasing/running that when guards try to block his way you can press 'b' to jump past them? I could have used that for a chase last night.

Lightpex
11-20-2012, 05:33 PM
This guy has stated my mind. Almost everything he said was legit, the HUD is annoying. Guards shouldn't chase you through the entire city.
Was Revelations better than AC3? No, AC3 is a more complete game, with Rev being the part 3 of a trilogy.

MasterAssasin84
11-20-2012, 05:41 PM
I agree with all this - and esp. the Ezio part. I've said the same thing that I wish Ezio's trilogy had some of this stuff from AC3 - esp. Connors kool combat animations. It makes fighting really enjoyable. Just yesterday when I was doing a Liberation mission, the camera went to a closeup angle during the fight and it was amazing!!!
Poor Ezio missed out on that stuff. But then Connor can't throw knives or his tomahawk :p

I also love that I don't get shot down 1/2 way up a building I'm trying to climb during a chase too. That got real old. & do you mean that when Connor's chasing/running that when guards try to block his way you can press 'b' to jump past them? I could have used that for a chase last night.

Yes i only found that out last week and i am using it more often now that i actualy enjoy getting into a fight with the guards because i becoming confident with the combat system,

I know what you mean about the shooting parts in the previous games i used to get so irritated by it.

MasterAssasin84
11-20-2012, 05:57 PM
This guy has stated my mind. Almost everything he said was legit, the HUD is annoying. Guards shouldn't chase you through the entire city.
Was Revelations better than AC3? No, AC3 is a more complete game, with Rev being the part 3 of a trilogy.

So a game shoud be judged on how well the heads up display is presented ? i have had no problems with understanding the hud and using it.

The guards will only chase when they have you in line of sight that is why its up to you to lose them, as i have said there is loads of ways to do this.

This game requires a bit more thought than revelations and thats what i like also i like the fact the guards are more determined to catch you as provides a greater challenge.

ProdiGurl
11-20-2012, 06:05 PM
Yes i only found that out last week and i am using it more often now that i actualy enjoy getting into a fight with the guards because i becoming confident with the combat system,

I know what you mean about the shooting parts in the previous games i used to get so irritated by it.

Same here. That rope dart makes short work in a big group fight too. :D
Today I'll try out the 'b' button on barricades - should be interesting. Thanks for the tip

MasterAssasin84
11-20-2012, 06:20 PM
Same here. That rope dart makes short work in a big group fight too. :D
Today I'll try out the 'b' button on barricades - should be interesting. Thanks for the tip

Your welcome , but you need to time it right , i only found when i was in New York and the Red coats formed a blockade after bludgeoned a jager to death :).

Ohh the rope dart !! such a health addition to the Assassin arsenal.

edz0ne
11-20-2012, 07:35 PM
HAHAHAHAH OMFG, ACR was one of the worst games ubisoft has ever made, it was just an upgrade of Brotherhood wich was an uppgrade of AC2. So it pretty much is the same game as AC2.
AC1 - Classic
AC2 - Epic
ACB - Okay
ACR - Horrible
AC3 - LEGENDARY!!!

pirate1802
11-20-2012, 08:03 PM
it was just an upgrade of Brotherhood wich was an uppgrade of AC2. So it pretty much is the same game as AC2.

Agreed. Both Brotherhood and Revelations were like expansions of AC 2.

Iamsosobad
11-20-2012, 08:59 PM
They were supposed to be expansions to AC2...

MasterAssasin84
11-20-2012, 09:26 PM
They were supposed to be expansions to AC2...

Actualy these was going to be downloadable content but because the games got so big in terms of contact ubi decided to release them as full games.

twenty_glyphs
11-20-2012, 09:48 PM
HAHAHAHAH OMFG, ACR was one of the worst games ubisoft has ever made, it was just an upgrade of Brotherhood wich was an uppgrade of AC2. So it pretty much is the same game as AC2.
AC1 - Classic
AC2 - Epic
ACB - Okay
ACR - Horrible
AC3 - LEGENDARY!!!

I fail to see how making more of a good thing makes something bad. I see how it gets boring after too many times, which is the point Revelations hit. The same game as AC2 was more fun and higher quality than AC3 for me. If AC3 had been able to gel and have its systems and story come together to form a more cohesive whole, it would have been very different for me. But different and bigger aren't always better.

Assassin_M
11-20-2012, 10:38 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen...We have hit a point where more of the same COULD have actually been better than what we had in AC III..

Sometimes I wonder why the Devs even bother..

I`m starting to like the Templar Ideology...Control and lead...Sounds good

twenty_glyphs
11-20-2012, 11:08 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen...We have hit a point where more of the same COULD have actually been better than what we had in AC III..

Sometimes I wonder why the Devs even bother..

I`m starting to like the Templar Ideology...Control and lead...Sounds good

Yep, that's exactly what I've been saying all along. I just want AC2 over and over again, every year for the next 10 years. Did you miss the part where I said Revelations had hit the saturation point of being too much for the AC2 engine and got boring? I simply said I fail to see how just making more of the same game makes a game bad. If someone wants to say they took the good of AC2 and screwed up the mechanics in Revelations, or just didn't make the game long or big enough, or had a terrible story, I can see that. But to say something is horrible just because it's more of the same of something that was good makes no sense.

I want the next game to be a reinvention and not a rehash of AC1, AC2 or AC3. I want them to really throw away things and start from scratch, but with a mindful eye of what worked well in the past and what fans really enjoyed. Despite what Alex Hutchinson said over and over about not including things just because they had been in past installments of the series, I felt like many elements in AC3 were rehashed inclusions of past features that didn't end up working as well as they had in the past. Things like the Brotherhood just felt rehashed and less fun. Assassin missions were completely pointless, included as a way of upgrading Assassins, which did what exactly? The Homestead felt like just a desire to take the AC2 villa and make it bigger, not actually reinvent it or come up with a new system that hit some of the same beats.

The point of this thread is not that more of the same could have been better than AC3. The point is that for some of us, it actually was better last year in Revelations even though it was just more of the same. AC3 made us appreciate Revelations more in hindsight. I want the developers to reinvent AC and not just churn out the same game every year. I feel like AC3 didn't reinvent enough, and the decisions they made when reinventing some things were bad decisions that made the game worse. Simple as that. With that as a given and hindsight, I would have preferred more of the same over a bad reinvention of the series. But a year ago I never would have asked for that, and I'm not asking for that next year.

Assassin_M
11-20-2012, 11:23 PM
Yep, that's exactly what I've been saying all along. I just want AC2 over and over again, every year for the next 10 years. Did you miss the part where I said Revelations had hit the saturation point of being too much for the AC2 engine and got boring? I simply said I fail to see how just making more of the same game makes a game bad. If someone wants to say they took the good of AC2 and screwed up the mechanics in Revelations, or just didn't make the game long or big enough, or had a terrible story, I can see that. But to say something is horrible just because it's more of the same of something that was good makes no sense.

I want the next game to be a reinvention and not a rehash of AC1, AC2 or AC3. I want them to really throw away things and start from scratch, but with a mindful eye of what worked well in the past and what fans really enjoyed. Despite what Alex Hutchinson said over and over about not including things just because they had been in past installments of the series, I felt like many elements in AC3 were rehashed inclusions of past features that didn't end up working as well as they had in the past. Things like the Brotherhood just felt rehashed and less fun. Assassin missions were completely pointless, included as a way of upgrading Assassins, which did what exactly? The Homestead felt like just a desire to take the AC2 villa and make it bigger, not actually reinvent it or come up with a new system that hit some of the same beats.

The point of this thread is not that more of the same could have been better than AC3. The point is that for some of us, it actually was better last year in Revelations even though it was just more of the same. AC3 made us appreciate Revelations more in hindsight. I want the developers to reinvent AC and not just churn out the same game every year. I feel like AC3 didn't reinvent enough, and the decisions they made when reinventing some things were bad decisions that made the game worse. Simple as that. With that as a given and hindsight, I would have preferred more of the same over a bad reinvention of the series. But a year ago I never would have asked for that, and I'm not asking for that next year.
Of course. I completely understand you and honestly I do not see how this post changes anything I said..you just took what I said the wrong way, like I`m saying you all do not appreciate new things HURRR DURRR or that you want a rehash of AC II, but that`s not what I mean..

Obviously I disagree with you to a great extent, but I appreciate and understand that you sincerely want a better game. You`re not some stupid Idiot who logs on just to bash the game and never comes back again, No, mate and I respect that..

killzab
11-20-2012, 11:34 PM
So I guess I'm a stupid idiot ? Maybe i just have other things to do in my life than going on a forum to argue with close minded people ?

And I've been a fan of AC since the very first game ... and have a lot of AC merchandise ... I'm not just a casual AC player ...

Assassin_M
11-20-2012, 11:36 PM
So I guess I'm a stupid idiot ? Maybe i just have other things to do in my life than going on a forum to argue with close minded people ?

And I've been a fan of AC since the very first game ... and have a lot of AC merchandise ... I'm not just a casual AC player ...
I do not mean you for God`s sake D:

Go to the feedback thread and you`ll know what I mean..people just post once..bashing and cussing then leaving

You`v been here a long time and you did not just bash the game did you ? You criticized a certain aspect and explained it well..

Baked_Cookies
11-21-2012, 12:57 AM
I agree man i mean ACR was to me one of the better ones ACB for me was really fun but AC3 is a great game just has to many changed issues also AC2 is my favorite of all

Kfcrsh
11-21-2012, 01:30 AM
Favorite Assassin's Creed (Console) Games in Order:

1. Assassin's Creed 3
2. Assassin's Creed 2
3. Assassin's Creed
4. Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
5. Assassin's Creed: Revelations

I think many can agree on this?

ProdiGurl
11-21-2012, 01:48 AM

1. Assassin's Creed 3
2. Assassin's Creed 2
3. Assassin's Creed

I'd move ACB to #2 :)

zhengyingli
11-21-2012, 01:52 AM
I'd move ACB to #2 :)
Me, too!

Assassin_M
11-21-2012, 01:53 AM

1. Assassin's Creed 3
2. Assassin's Creed 2
3. Assassin's Creed

I`d swap Revelations and II

zerocooll21
11-21-2012, 01:55 AM
I think lamp should make its way on the list there. somewhere.

Kfcrsh
11-21-2012, 02:00 AM
I`d swap Revelations and II
You didn't like Assassin's Creed 2 D:

Assassin_M
11-21-2012, 02:04 AM
You didn't like Assassin's Creed 2 D:
I LOVED all of them..

But this list only represents what I enjoyed more:p

So when I say AC II is my least favorite, does not mean I hate AC II. It just means I enjoyed Revelations more

NyxCrab
11-21-2012, 02:06 AM
I thought this game was fun because the combat was harder, making you do what an Assassin should suppose to do, "Stealth". But I agree with one thing, the fact that some guards instantly detect you even if you're incognito. Imagine walking around, and all of sudden you get attacked by guards. It's always the same ones. That is seriously messed up, and I believe a glitch.

ofnir123
11-21-2012, 02:31 AM
While I do agree that some detections are downright cheap (read: way too fast), I prefer the mechanics of AC3 for one reason: in all the AC2 trilogy, I would run up a street, take a ramp, get on a rooftop, and then I'd have to stop to wait for the guards to catch me, otherwise I had just lost them. What didn't make sense is that assassins are supposed to be more agile, NOT faster in a straight line than the people who trained all their lives to chase down criminals. I have NEVER, ever had a long chase in an AC game before, except for AC1, but that was for the scripted one near then end that you just CAN'T escape (it's not even supposed to be a chase lol)

That's why I loved AC3. If I wanted to lose the guards I really had to mean it. It forced me to plan ahead and use all I could (and no, I have not yet used a smoke bomb voluntarily in the whole AC series).
You can't just run up and turn random corners like you used to do in AC2 (and face it, in AC2, when you were bored of a pursuit, you could just stop, kil the guard and a half that was following you, and then walk out). I'm just slightly disappointed at lines of guards shooting at nothing relentlessly even when they don't know where you are. Don't these guys ever run out of ammo?