PDA

View Full Version : I'm lovin the game so far...... But.....

Rogue Agent 035
11-18-2012, 11:40 PM
I'm currently at the start of sequence 11 re-tracing my steps picking up the lost contraints I had missed up to this point. However, if I had the chance to ask the devs just two question it would have to be...., "What in sams hill are the purpose of the constraints, an what purpose do they serve in the grand scheme of things? Also, why so many bugs,? Granted, we all have learned to live with em in the AC Universe, but dear god, I am still tryin to capture the "Take your tartget from above" constraint in sequence 10, an no matter how many ways I do it correctly, it tells me I failed. All in all a great game though

Rogue Agent 035

Ayush_S92
11-18-2012, 11:45 PM
Well as far as I understand the point of constraints is that, since we're living someone else's memories there obviously would have been a certain way in which the original ancestor, or in this case Connor/Haytham would have done that "mission". But since we being in the Animus can control Connor, we can make him do it in some other way as well.

So, these optional objectives are to tell us that Connor did the memory in such a way, and if we follow his footsteps and complete the memory with the optional objectives we would get higher synch with him.

MastaGengis
11-18-2012, 11:59 PM
Are you capturing or killing the runaway, a subtle difference in control sequence might be the problem ....must be captured (R1- O on the PS3)

RandomRansom
11-19-2012, 12:10 AM
Well as far as I understand the point of constraints is that, since we're living someone else's memories there obviously would have been a certain way in which the original ancestor, or in this case Connor/Haytham would have done that "mission". But since we being in the Animus can control Connor, we can make him do it in some other way as well.

So, these optional objectives are to tell us that Connor did the memory in such a way, and if we follow his footsteps and complete the memory with the optional objectives we would get higher synch with him.

Yeah, but the problem with that explanation is there is no benefit to achieving full synchronization, from an in-game point of view (out of game... it's just a trophy/achievement or two). I think the game developers were lazy and didn't give the player incentive to try for 100% synch... beyond a trophy/achievement or two and bragging rights. I mean, it would fit perfectly with AC lore that Desmond would gain access to more memories, more abilities, more money, more items, etc. as he became more and more synchronized with Connor/Haytham. I guess the developers might not have thought that far ahead. I believe they did that during Brotherhood or Revelations with the Sophia memories... wonder why they took those types of bonus incentives out...

Rogue Agent 035
11-19-2012, 02:20 AM
Are you capturing or killing the runaway, a subtle difference in control sequence might be the problem ....must be captured (R1- O on the PS3)

I thought of that......, an everything I could an re-stepped it 4 or 5 different times an still an red X, but oh well...., just finiushed Seq. 12 an must re-tract my earlier statment...., while the constraints are a pain in the ......., I still plan to run through this as many times as it takes er untill AC6...., yeah, I know this is 3, but come on...., this is installment 5, so........ :cool::cool::cool: