PDA

View Full Version : Did you get your money's worth?

JACKEDRAM1500
11-18-2012, 05:41 PM
I beat the game awhile ago and it hasn't left the case since. I barely remember anything from the story and it just seems like the entire game is one and done. Kinda like an extended demo and then once you finish it there is no reason to continue playing.

Did you get your money's worth?

mazohystic
11-18-2012, 05:47 PM
I personally thought I did. I pretty much rushed through the game to get to the ending. On my second run through I'm going to take it slow. Do the side missions. Kill more animals. Maybe actually recruit some people. Pay more attention to my surroundings. Pay more attention to the characters. Maybe even try for 100% synch. I'm definitely not done with this game yet. There's still a lot of things to explore. For me, anyway.

kuled2012
11-18-2012, 05:49 PM
In 5 years with my PS3 console it never took me 35 hours to finish the game until AC3, I just loved roaming about the Frontier with the tree-running. I really enjoyed it. It's one of my favourite games ever.

Silhouelle
11-18-2012, 06:10 PM
I've gotten my moneys worth. Took me just over 50 hours to finish the story first time, with a lot but not all the side content done too. I spent a lot of time hunting and playing cat and mouse with guards in Boston on notoriety 3 lol. Once I finished the story though I lost interest in doing the rest of the stuff for that playthrough, as that Encylopedia quest bugged on me, so I'd never be able to get 100%.

I've started my second playthrough though, and am currently exploring frontier as Connor and RPing much more. Having never left very far beyond the valley before (this before going to Achilles) Connor is enjoying the frontier and challenging himself against the animals he's only heard tales off, bears, elk, the mighty beavers, etc. Trading what he gets from them to make money for the possibility that Achilles would demand payment for the training, etc, etc.

So yeah, this playthrough will probably take me a lot longer. I also don't play it all day now, play BF3 or AC3 when not doing web stuffs. I've tried the MP out on AC3 a bit as well, though I don't enjoy it all that much. I like doing wolfpack on private co op though.

FrankieSatt
11-18-2012, 06:31 PM
Did I get my money's worth? Yes. Was it the best AC Game, NO. Not even close. As a matter of fact it's the worst of the AC games so far, and that is including Brotherhood and Revelations.

the_heat11
11-18-2012, 06:46 PM
Definitely. I've spent well over 25 hours with the game already...and I'm only on Sequence 9. Just so many side missions to go through, and to be honest I love just running through the world and picking huge fights with all the guards, or stealthily killing groups one at a time.

BBALive
11-18-2012, 06:50 PM
Put thirty hours into it so far, so I'd say so.

2 per hour of gameplay ain't bad.

lothario-da-be
11-18-2012, 06:52 PM
Its awesome and really worth my money, like every ac game.

CalgaryJay
11-18-2012, 06:53 PM
Considering ACR, which took 3 days to beat, was the exact same price as AC3, I'd say yes.

AssassinVenice
11-18-2012, 07:00 PM
Personally, I think that I did get my money's worth, but I wish there was more content.

The game that had the best play time for the money was Skyrim, in my opinion.

ACIII had lots of content, but it was highly underdeveloped. Just take a look at the Desmond portions of the game...

egriffin09
11-18-2012, 07:04 PM
I got my money's worth. I put in 35 hrs on my first playthrough and I still had some side missions to complete--which is what I think sets AC III apart from previous games, there was just so much side content it's crazy. The side content is really fun, but I just got to the point that I just didn't feel like doing all of it. Once the Thanksgiving patch is released next week, I'm going to start my second playthrough and try to complete all the side missions before I beat the game which will probably take me 40+ hrs. Honestly, I cant remember putting 30 hrs into an AC games since AC II. As far as gameplay content, it's without a doubt the biggest AC game in the series. Personally, I would say AC II is just slightly better in terms of story. I would say story wise it's right behind AC II, but total gameplay content, it's the best AC yet. Oh and this comment is based off SP content. I also play MP for time to time. So did I get my money's worth? Absolutely.

WarriorAegis
11-18-2012, 07:17 PM
Heck yes! I mean, aside from the glitches and bugs, I think it was worth the price.

ProdiGurl
11-18-2012, 07:25 PM
I definitely got my money's worth and then some. :D

Assassin_M
11-18-2012, 07:58 PM
Well....The babe hasn't left my console since Launch.... finished in about 2 weeks...Do the Math (Not even 100% Yet)

BradB97
11-18-2012, 08:25 PM
I have only played the game for 18 hours, but that isn't even touching a second of the multiplayer and I also have missed out a bunch of side-missions. Even so, it was more than worth my money just to see the conclusion to this epic trilogy.

Captain Tomatoz
11-18-2012, 09:42 PM
Definitely got my moneys worth. Most enjoyable free-running of the series. Can spend hours just vaulting over things, it just never gets old. Also the story was so good and will gladly be replaying it so I can get the encyclopedia achievement because it bugged.

Also I hate how people judge a game on an hour to money ratio. If the game is a fulfilling and rewarding experience, it shouldn't matter how long the game is :)

zhengyingli
11-18-2012, 10:03 PM
If compared to the past games, it actually feels like I got more than I paid for, and that's only the SP! I need to start the multiplayer, still.

Mad_Fox84
11-18-2012, 11:51 PM
I have only played the game for 18 hours, but that isn't even touching a second of the multiplayer and I also have missed out a bunch of side-missions. Even so, it was more than worth my money just to see the conclusion to this epic trilogy.
It's not a trilogy. I have completed the main story, and I can tell that it isn't the end yet. There will be future AC games for sure.

TwoDents
11-19-2012, 01:52 AM
Definitely. Hell, even if it didn't have the multiplayer, this game already provided plenty for me to do and experience. Now I just need to get used to the multiplayer again. I've been going at the singleplayer completing everything since I got it.

kriegerdesgottes
11-19-2012, 02:31 AM
Yes. I did. Playing in a reconstructed version of 18th century America as a badass killer assassin is worth it every time for me. And I loved the story.

Well....The babe hasn't left my console since Launch.... finished in about 2 weeks...Do the Math (Not even 100% Yet)

Same here. And I've been playing it almost daily for hours and hours at a time. Sometimes 12 hours a day....yea.....and I'm just now at about 93% completion. I'd say it was worth the 120 bucks I paid for it.

Krayus Korianis
11-19-2012, 03:22 AM
I got my money's worth. Every game has bugs, so guess what, they're gonna fix'em.