PDA

View Full Version : Full Haytham game?

Jexx21
11-18-2012, 04:55 AM
Does anyone else think that we should have a full Haytham game for either the Vita or the 3DS?

It would be an Abstergo Entertainment product telling the story of a young man who rejected the 'barbaric' upbringing of the Assassins and decided to join the 'right' side, the Templar Order.

Assassin's Creed III: Betrayal anyone?

TwoDents
11-18-2012, 05:00 AM
I loved Haythem. While I do really like Connor, Haythem has a bit more personality. I'd love it, plus playing as the Templars would be a new approach. It might actually give me a reason to buy the Vita.

mazohystic
11-18-2012, 05:15 AM
Loved? I love Haytham! It would be awesome to have a full game with him. I have goosebumps just thinking about it. If it happens, Ziio should be in it. Love having them together. Although, I'm not buying a Vita anytime soon (aka never). Especially since it seems like a new generation console is imminent within the next year or so. Fun fact I just bought my PS3 like two years ago. I'm late to all the parties. I'll buy the game, close enough.

Jexx21
11-18-2012, 05:19 AM
Well, I'm suggesting Vita since I expect there to be more Vita games. I personally want to play as Haytham because he got unique sword kills in AC3 and it seems a shame to let them go to waste.

Namiwakiru
11-18-2012, 05:38 AM
Maybe they will, they seemed to have gone in to some effort to keep Hathams past a secret, the only thing they say on him is that there was never any mention of him as an assassin, only that his father was one, but he was raised by a Templar.

It would be nice to explore the character, but I kind of want to move away from Desmond and the characters we have seen so far, there is still so much history and settings Ubi can work with and I think it's time for a new plot.

TrueAssassin77
11-18-2012, 06:07 AM
a prequel to the prolouge?

no i've had enough haythaml. sorry,

Jexx21
11-18-2012, 07:13 AM
You don't have to play it.

Namiwakiru
11-18-2012, 07:20 AM
You don't have to play it.

You did ask what people thought of the idea.

While I "could" play a Hatham game, I can see his point of a prequel from a prologue. If they make a Hatham game, so be it, but if it was a choice between that and a whole new main character, setting and historical environment, I would choose the later.

devildog789
11-18-2012, 07:26 AM
I feel like it would uncontrolled, and just feeling "wrong". Like the Templars wouldn't hesitate killing like a mass group of people, or other "atrocities". I'm not sure how Ubi could make that work, as well as market it.

Godforbid12
11-18-2012, 08:18 AM
I feel like it would uncontrolled, and just feeling "wrong". Like the Templars wouldn't hesitate killing like a mass group of people, or other "atrocities". I'm not sure how Ubi could make that work, as well as market it.

Thing is how is this any different than the Assassin's they all portrayed as 'good'? In the beginning we thought they were assassins, they fought the 'bad guys' they fought slavers, freed slaves, and killed a rogue 'assassin'(templar)
You might bring up boston massacre, but they never killed anyone only instigated, making the redcoats the 'bad guys' kill innocent people. Keep in mind people in this point and time did not like them and this gave the people a reason to fight back.

Dunno this time around it seems the Assassin's are the bad guys.

Namiwakiru
11-18-2012, 10:14 AM
Thing is how is this any different than the Assassin's they all portrayed as 'good'? In the beginning we thought they were assassins, they fought the 'bad guys' they fought slavers, freed slaves, and killed a rogue 'assassin'(templar)
You might bring up boston massacre, but they never killed anyone only instigated, making the redcoats the 'bad guys' kill innocent people. Keep in mind people in this point and time did not like them and this gave the people a reason to fight back.

Dunno this time around it seems the Assassin's are the bad guys.

No way did the Assassins seem the bad guys and all the "good" the templars did were just happy accidents resulting from their plans.

It was Conner who tried to warn the patriots that the end does not justify the means, that they could end up just like the templars if they continued with their actions, Hatham and the templars did think the end justifies the means, good or bad

BBALive
11-18-2012, 02:57 PM
Not for the Vita or 3DS. I'm not willing to buy a handheld for one game.

RatonhnhakeFan
11-18-2012, 03:07 PM
Personally, I wouldn't really want it. The appeal of playing Haytham lasted only for the first playthrough to me, it's not fun playing as him again when you beat the game for the second time after seeing how how really is at the end of the game.

Jexx21
11-18-2012, 03:08 PM
I'm not asking YOU to buy a handheld, I'm asking Ubisoft to make a game for the people that have a handheld.

I'm suggesting it be for a handheld because I don't think that Haytham should have a full home-console game.

Jexx21
11-18-2012, 03:10 PM
Personally, I wouldn't really want it. The appeal of playing Haytham lasted only for the first playthrough to me, it's not fun playing as him again when you beat the game for the second time after seeing how how really is at the end of the game.

Ah, but you see, playing through his life from when he was a child and learning how to be an Assassin, and then his eventual defection. You will learn more about his personality before and after his defection, and also more about his relationship with the man he killed in the Opera theater.

BBALive
11-18-2012, 03:12 PM
I'm not asking YOU to buy a handheld, I'm asking Ubisoft to make a game for the people that have a handheld.

I'm suggesting it be for a handheld because I don't think that Haytham should have a full home-console game.

You asked us if we thought they should make a full Haytham game for the Vita or 3DS. I said no. If they were to make a full Haytham game, then I would want it to be on the major platforms, since I would want to play it, but I wouldn't be willing to purchase a handheld.

Apirka
11-18-2012, 03:35 PM
If they'd make one for a handheld, I'd want it to be for the 3DS.Purely because I actually have that, and don't want to buy a Vita... But I wouldn't mind a full console game with him either. (The opposite in fact.) I just want more Haytham! Even if it's "just" DLC.

BoogieChick
11-18-2012, 04:11 PM
I think it would be interesting to see a Haytham prequel. Honestly as the game ended I have so many questions left about the characters. But now with Forsaken the point of a Haytham prequel is rather useless. it's one thing to play a game, then read a book about it, but to read a book and see the game after? I dunno. At any rates, if there is one, I hope it's for the ps3, i don't like handhelds.Or DLC would be fair enough in my opinion :) cheer

kuled2012
11-18-2012, 05:21 PM
I wouldn't buy this, I've just finished the Sequence where Connor meets Haytham and the way he kills everyone so mercilessly just put me off from his character. Assassin's creed could do what other games would find it difficult to do, to make the player controlling the antagonist and grow attached to him, whilst I liked Haytham at the start, his real character is shown when he intimidates the captain of the ship with death and then the 4 men he killed when he met Connor. I don't like what he did and I wouldn't like being Haytham again.

Silhouelle
11-18-2012, 05:51 PM
I'd like a game where we start of as an assassin but get gradually pursuaded to join the Templars. I think it would make for a very interesting story and give insights into the Templar Order. Whether such a game would be as Haytham or a new character I wouldn't mind either way. I'd prefer it as a console game though, rather than a hand held side game. Perhaps one of the future games will have multiple ancestors playable throughout the game. So you can see the story and betrayals and whatnot therein, from various perspectives. Ultimately leading you to question which one is the "right" one. ^^

jamgamerforever
11-18-2012, 08:02 PM
Assassin's Creed: Altair's Chronicles. Assassin's Creed: Bloodlines. Assassin's Creed II: Discovery. Assassin's Creed III: Liberation.

These games have many things in common. For one, they're all portable games, played on the DS, the PSP, or the Vita.

They're also all terrible. The reason for this, IMO, is because portable gaming is meant to be picked up and put down easily. So the story suffers in order to facilitate that. This is why I think any AC game should be for consoles. Release one for the portable devices by all means, but the narrative is going to suffer immensely.

I would like to play a whole game as Haytham. Honestly, any Templar. They interest me more than the Assassins now.

A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n
11-19-2012, 01:36 AM
I'd like a full Haytham game. It'd have to be really good though. If we just got the option to do free roam with Haytham in AC3, POST STORY, I'd be satisfied with that. Honestly, I'd like to be able to do free-roam post story with all of the characters that were "playable" in the game: teen Connor, Connor's mom (she was in the Animus loading screen before Sequence 4), Haytham, Desmond, MP characters??? That'd be cool.

But a Haytham game would be really cool. The main character wouldn't be new, but the setting would be different I think. It'd have to be based on the Forsaken book, but I think it might take place in continental Europe, including Germany. It'd be a game that would involve multiple countries. You would get to see not only the Templars from the Templar perspective, and see how it is growing up as a Templar, but you'd also get to see the Assassins from the Templar perspective. Of course, I'd prefer that this game be on the major platforms - PC, PS3, XBOX360, WiiU. If it were to be on the Vita, the only way I'd be ok with that is if the Vita weren't the ONLY platform it was on. Definitely don't want a handheld only game.

Jexx21
11-19-2012, 02:21 AM
Assassin's Creed: Altair's Chronicles. Assassin's Creed: Bloodlines. Assassin's Creed II: Discovery. Assassin's Creed III: Liberation.

These games have many things in common. For one, they're all portable games, played on the DS, the PSP, or the Vita.

They're also all terrible. The reason for this, IMO, is because portable gaming is meant to be picked up and put down easily. So the story suffers in order to facilitate that. This is why I think any AC game should be for consoles. Release one for the portable devices by all means, but the narrative is going to suffer immensely.

I would like to play a whole game as Haytham. Honestly, any Templar. They interest me more than the Assassins now.

Excuse me, I think Liberation is awesome.

Catie
11-26-2012, 08:48 PM
I'm ALL IN for a full Haytham game! That guy was AWSOME, my favourite by far in the game (maybe even in the series)! Been playing around with him in-game for hours in it's own saved game, never get tired of it/him :) But, yeah, to be able to free roam as him after the story ends would suffice. I agree with jamgamerfroever, the Templars is more interesting than the assassins at this point. A full game as a Templar; that too would be awesome: as Haytham of course ;)

xboxauditore
11-26-2012, 09:13 PM
I also would care for a Haytham Game, But as I say, For every idea 1 person likes, there are 10 who do not.

TrueAssassin77
11-26-2012, 09:36 PM
guys... he got a book(i think)

whats the point? to play through a game were you know EXACTLY what happenes? so people can complain how the game isn't accurate when compared with the book?

The point of a good story is seeing how it unfolds...

ace3001
11-27-2012, 01:32 AM
But Haytham's story is already covered in the novel, right? They should make something new instead. Not that it matters to me, though. Won't be playing a VITA/3DS game anyway.

ace3001
11-27-2012, 01:33 AM
Excuse me, I think Liberation is awesome.

You're in the minority, then.

Jexx21
11-27-2012, 06:41 AM
You're in the minority, then.
According to whom? You?

pirate1802
11-27-2012, 07:45 AM

whats the point? to play through a game were you know EXACTLY what happenes? so people can complain how the game isn't accurate when compared with the book?

-___- Then according to you every game should only be played once?

Ontopic, I loved Haytham, so yeah more of him please.

A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n
11-29-2012, 12:01 AM

You know, if they made a full Haytham game, you wouldn't have to buy it.... And, maybe there wouldn't be so many people willing to buy a full Haytham game if they'd written Connor better. Connor's not supposed to be perfect, of course Haytham isn't, but Connor is lacking IMO. He needs 2 more games based on the French Revolution. THAT'd be awesome, and Haytham could use a smaller game (maybe a Brotherhood or Revelations) that has a smaller story but varying locations.

TrueAssassin77
11-29-2012, 12:08 AM
You know, if they made a full Haytham game, you wouldn't have to buy it.... And, maybe there wouldn't be so many people willing to buy a full Haytham game if they'd written Connor better. Connor's not supposed to be perfect, of course Haytham isn't, but Connor is lacking IMO. He needs 2 more games based on the French Revolution. THAT'd be awesome, and Haytham could use a smaller game (maybe a Brotherhood or Revelations) that has a smaller story but varying locations.

... he did ask "what do you guys think". i gave him my opinion.
you make the mistake of thinking i don't like haytham, i like him alot. he reminds me of ezio. and i would indeed buy the game if it ever came to be...

but i also know that it would simply pointless story-wise and a waste of resourses. haytham imo has wasted enough resourses. Also, Connor deserves a sequel far more than haytham deserves a prequel. again imo. id rather them make a connor game than make a haytham game... you have to consider that haytham can't climb trees, thus they wouldn't even have that type of mechanic in the game... seems very wasteful to use a revolutionary tree climbing mechanic in 3/4s of one game... than get rid of it in the next

DJJaines
11-29-2012, 11:16 PM
I haven't read the book but plan to, however,I wouldn't mind a Haytham game to find out and play his background. The characters back in England intrigued me and I'd love to see more of them. On the flip side, I can't decide if I'd prefer more Connor or more Haytham. Maybe a full game with a bit of both or DLC of them. I would prefer them on Xbox though, mostly because I don't have a Vita and don't want to buy it just for AC games... Unfortunate really because I really want to play Liberation. :(

TrueAssassin77
11-29-2012, 11:44 PM
-___- Then according to you every game should only be played once?

Ontopic, I loved Haytham, so yeah more of him please.
people play games over and over for the story? no, they play it for the gameplay. haythams prequel will not add anything to the game that connor can't already do. it will take away. haytham can't climb on trees... that means that feature will not be implemented in his prequel. feature will be lost.

Kaschra
11-30-2012, 12:15 AM
people play games over and over for the story? no, they play it for the gameplay.

I LOVE to replay games for the story, especially the Assassin's Creed games :I

Assassin_M
11-30-2012, 12:18 AM
Me too...
I never get bored of a story...I never really understood people who say "I already know what happens" when I replay something..It`s like it`s the first time i play it..

DJJaines
11-30-2012, 12:21 AM

Ditto.

pirate1802
11-30-2012, 04:28 AM
people play games over and over for the story? no, they play it for the gameplay. haythams prequel will not add anything to the game that connor can't already do. it will take away. haytham can't climb on trees... that means that feature will not be implemented in his prequel. feature will be lost.

See the above comments. xD

Anywho, there are alot of uncharted period in Haytham's life. Just because you saw his later life doesn't mean there's nothing interesting left to tell. I'd like to know how he turned, maybe play a few missions as Haytham's father?

TrueAssassin77
11-30-2012, 04:46 AM
See the above comments. xD

Anywho, there are alot of uncharted period in Haytham's life. Just because you saw his later life doesn't mean there's nothing interesting left to tell. I'd like to know how he turned, maybe play a few missions as Haytham's father?

could have swore there a book onj it

pirate1802
11-30-2012, 04:49 AM
could have swore there a book onj it

Forsaken right? Well if it does deal with Haytham's early life then I can see your point. But still, they can make a game outta it. Nothing like actually being there in the story itself, as opposed to just reading it.

TrueAssassin77
11-30-2012, 04:55 AM
Forsaken right? Well if it does deal with Haytham's early life then I can see your point. But still, they can make a game outta it. Nothing like actually being there in the story itself, as opposed to just reading it.

no. sorry i can't agree. its time to look foward. connor: AC3.5

pirate1802
11-30-2012, 05:39 AM
no. sorry i can't agree. its time to look foward. connor: AC3.5

I didn't ask you to agree, just putting my thoughts. xD
And yes its time to move forward, but that doesn't mean they can't make a Liberation-type sidegame.