PDA

View Full Version : All the extra outfits kinda suck.

travilanche
11-17-2012, 11:25 PM
I feel like all the extra outfits are kinda boring. Does anyone else agree with me? I just got Achilles' original outfit, but it's not very different than the one you start with. It's ok, but the hood especially is not much to look at. I miss the upgrade that we got from the other games, especially Assassin's Creed II where the outfit was way different, and way better than what we had before.

I surely can't be the only one that feels this way.

The Captain Kidd outfit is pretty cool, but it has a hat instead of a hood, which is not very "Assassin".

Thoughts on this?

Assassin_M
11-17-2012, 11:29 PM
All that Never Happened

Oh Yes.. Assassins Creed II had so much Better Outfits..I remember that Italian Noble Outfit with the Pink cape, and the 5 Assassin Outfits. The Young Assassin Outfit, the Middle Aged Assassin Outfit, the Colonel Outfit and the Master Assassin Outfit.

I also liked the Mercenary Outfit we got near the end that Mario gave to you..

And Who can forget that French and Borgia Soldiers Outfits in Brotherhood ? Man those were awesome and having them anytime was so Good..

And the Wonderful Brutus Armor. It was so Good.

Rob327
11-18-2012, 01:19 AM
Well i agree the uniforms do suck, and we DEFINITELY need more uniforms, but i don't really care for the "hood". I want a Tricorn Hat or at least a Uniform that looks like the times, which is the Revolutionary War, not the Middle Ages or the Rennaissance. I just think it looks way out of place. If you're an Assassin during those times, you have to blend in with the crowd, and NONE of the Uniforms offered (with exception to the Indian Uniform) does that. We need more Colonist Uniforms, or a Patriot Uniform something along those lines. I'd even deal with the Haytham or the Aquiles Outfit.

LightRey
11-18-2012, 02:01 AM
Nothing has topped the outfit that came with AltaÏr's armor imo.

zhengyingli
11-18-2012, 02:07 AM
Extra outfits do suck. The ones worn in the SP are much better, yet they aren't available outside of their respective missions. Poop.

Jexx21
11-18-2012, 02:10 AM
I haven't played the game. I don't know.

are there any green dyes for Connor's outfit? There were none for Aveline, besides a gray that looked sorta green.

kriegerdesgottes
11-18-2012, 02:14 AM
The Achillies one is decent but I agree the rest are not great. I would say the colonial assassin is by far the worse one which is a shame because the concept art for it was just awesome.

AdmiralCole
11-18-2012, 02:56 AM
^I feel the same about Captain of the Aquila.
It's supposed to be Connor's Naval outfit. but is far from it.

Krayus Korianis
11-18-2012, 03:47 AM
I enjoy Captain Kidd's outfit... It DOES have a hood, check in the front, below the captain's hat. But the "Hood" doesn't encompass the head, it's just under the hat.

TwoDents
11-18-2012, 05:07 AM
Yeah, some of the previous titles had some really neat outfits. The only one I like in this one is Achilles, and I only wear it because the hood is up (Dunno if the patch came out yet, can't access my PS3 from here). The outfits in this game seem pretty lackluster.

swiftkinfe
11-18-2012, 05:21 AM
Nothing beat Altair's armor yet...

For 3 years spent on this game you would've thought things would've looked better.Not saying they are bad but they aren't good either. Haytham's outfit was superb and to be honest I would've preferred him as the ancestor to Connor. His outfit was stylish and appropriate.Connor's default robes had been the equivalent to Ezio's Brotherhood robes which ironically had been featured in game in default of all things.Which is to say they seemed out of place and weird to see considering everyone around you.

I would've preferred:
Ezio-Revelation: why? Well there was no cape to clip with and it was designed like it could work for a big guy like Connor.
Altair's armor- Even with a cape this was still one of the more memorable outfits.
Haytham's outfit- There is a stand for an Ezio outfit implying Connor had a copy in his basement. Why not Haythams?
Civilian clothes- Blending in to look like a crowd
Patriot outfit/ British- REVOLUTION

I feel like AC3 was a missed opportunity. Brotherhood to me still had better outfits and felt better as a sequel then AC3 ever will. More outfits and better story despite cliche villains.

kriegerdesgottes
11-18-2012, 05:49 AM
I never liked Altair's armor. Too puffy and I hated the stupid white stripes on his arms. So far I would say the Achillies outfit has been the best one so far of all the games as far as extra outfits go. It's a good thing too considering otherwise I'd have to stare at that abomination mohawk with no hoody.

devildog789
11-18-2012, 06:12 AM
Honestly, I never liked the ACII outfits. I never liked the extravagant, flashy, and puffy assassin robes Ezio wore.

But I like The Huntsman's outfit on online, and would have preferred if that's what the Captain Kidd outfit looked like. I like the two concept outfits for the default assassin robes, and colonial assassin robes. I seriously wish Ubi would fix the dyed robes problem with cut scenes. Annoys me.. Definitely wouldn't mind an outfit specific DLC, like Red Dead Redemption did.

Xeho
11-18-2012, 06:41 AM
I agree with Devil I hope they do allow us to see the different colored robes when we purchase them in cut scenes, I'm currently using the Colonial Assassin outfit which I liked. The Captain Kidds' outfit I feel more like a pirate than an Assassin. Now the Captain of the Aquila's outfit in game, not that dreadful pre-order bonus one that shouldn't of even made it to release in the state it is in.

But the one we wear when on the Aquila, it reminds me of Haytham's which I like. Now that should of been a wearable outfit in the open world not just during the Naval Missions. That should of came with the game instead. One thing I will never understand is why we keep the prison outfit but none of the others that we ware like with the Merc one. I don't know why they thought that was a good ideal, it makes no sense at all.

As others have said and I agree the Achilles' robes look to similar to the standard ones we get, If only they had something truly unique that made you feel like an Assassin like in the other games. To me the one from AC R, was to me just pure Awesome a mask to cover your face, no one even knew who you was, except in cut scenes of course.

SolidSnakeMat
11-18-2012, 09:38 AM
All that Never Happened

Oh Yes.. Assassins Creed II had so much Better Outfits..I remember that Italian Noble Outfit with the Pink cape, and the 5 Assassin Outfits. The Young Assassin Outfit, the Middle Aged Assassin Outfit, the Colonel Outfit and the Master Assassin Outfit.

I also liked the Mercenary Outfit we got near the end that Mario gave to you..

And Who can forget that French and Borgia Soldiers Outfits in Brotherhood ? Man those were awesome and having them anytime was so Good..

And the Wonderful Brutus Armor. It was so Good.

Ohhhhh your so wrong! Armor of Brutus was the worst looking outfit by far.

UrDeviant1
11-18-2012, 10:10 AM
Nothing has topped the outfit that came with AltaÏr's armor imo.

This. My favourite outfit through all the games. It's the one that most blew me away when I saw It.

WiriestScroll3
11-18-2012, 04:01 PM
Yeah they are too old for Connor :) Why they cant be modern outfits like the original Connors assassin outfit :) Just update them little bit, or make option to craft own desingned outfits.

hyatari
11-18-2012, 04:19 PM
They're crap.

LoyalACFan
11-18-2012, 11:37 PM
None of them were great except Achilles', but the one that disappointed me the most was the Mohawk one. I was expecting some kind of awesome outfit like in the concept art, not just a larger version of the shirt and pants he wore as a kid... :nonchalance:

ItsSnowingOut
11-21-2012, 07:13 PM
The only outfit I like besides Connors original Assassin outfit is Captain Kidd's outfit.

- Altairs outfit looks terrible. I made a thread explaining why.
- Achilles outfit looks to dressy and too colorful. Doesn't really suit Connors personality.
- Kanien'keha:ka outfit looks okay but it's very dull. (Would have been cool to have a completely different Assassin outfit but with more native influence)
- Ezio's robes are okay but they look really out of place. (His robes from Revelations would have been a much better choice.)
- Prison outfit.. well, I wouldn't even consider this an outfit.

dadskababs
11-21-2012, 07:17 PM
What do you think if they add the multiplayer outfits into the single player? Or would that be too much.

montagemik
11-21-2012, 07:29 PM
I was actually hoping - at some point the Assassin would be intelligent enough to steal an enemy uniform - Redcoat or patriot, That we could actually keep for later use.
Would give the silent takedowns a real purpose - Not bloodied up with a kill.

But its done once for a limited time - what a wasted ability/ idea.

xboxauditore
11-21-2012, 07:52 PM
If I could choose I'd have:

Desmond Skin

Daniel Cross Skin (He was so cool I fangirled everywhere)

Red coat and Patriot Skin

Haytham Skin.

Ezio AC2 outfit.

And the ACTUAL CAPTAIN OF THE AQUILA OUTFIT (Seriously why completely redo the skin that is meant to be the one you wear on the Aquila?!)

zhengyingli
11-21-2012, 09:44 PM
If I could choose I'd have:

Desmond Skin

Daniel Cross Skin (He was so cool I fangirled everywhere)

Red coat and Patriot Skin

Haytham Skin.

Ezio AC2 outfit.

And the ACTUAL CAPTAIN OF THE AQUILA OUTFIT (Seriously why completely redo the skin that is meant to be the one you wear on the Aquila?!)
What's sad is these costumes already exist! Some even worn by the player! Pity they had to spare unnecessary resources on inferior pre-order costume bonuses.

Powawolf
11-21-2012, 10:07 PM
I'm the only one who liked Drachen Armor from BrotherHood?

zhengyingli
11-21-2012, 10:21 PM
Stop it with the rhetorical question! Who wouldn't like that armor?

Powawolf
11-21-2012, 10:22 PM
Stop it with the rhetorical question! Who wouldn't like that armor?
Atleast we got bit of it's colors in AC 3 ^ ^
Or it was Wetlands Ebony?

xboxauditore
11-21-2012, 10:32 PM
But why did they remake the Captain of the Aquila outfit?! It looked so good, then they just completely redid it for preorder? Why!?

reddragonhrcro
11-21-2012, 11:18 PM

Yeah the Drachen(Dragon,its on German) Armour is one of my fav.

Well the only outfit i like beside the original Connorīs outfit is Achillies obviously.It would be great if more outfits came as DLC,i quite like the pre-alpha outfit.

Anther thing thats been on my mind is that if Connors outfit is actualy Achillies(not ingame named one,that one was the outfit of the first colonial assassin Achillies got as a tradition) so shouldnīt then Connor have a outfit of his own as a special signature outfit?