PDA

View Full Version : Problem to launch AC on PC

Squonker
11-17-2012, 10:32 AM
Pleeeease help! I cannot launch the game om my PC, it says it requires TAGES Drivers to install and that I don't have admin priv. which is requires. I DO have admin, there's no other user on this PC.. Pls see below:

TAGES Drivers
"The drivers require installation (with administrator's account)
Do you want to proceed now?
YES NO"

When I click YES, I get "Unable to proceed (error 1275)"

Ubisoft:
Insufficient privileges: you must be administrator when you run this application for the first time.

My question: administrator where? I AM already admin on m own PC..

Can anybody please help me?

promero14
11-18-2012, 12:20 AM
Windows Vista / Seven? Right click on the file and choose run as administrator. Problem solved.

Ezi0554
01-30-2013, 06:06 PM
I have the same issue, and I tried your solution, but it still won't let me play the game. Have any other ideas?

YazX_
01-31-2013, 04:02 PM
My question: administrator where? I AM already admin on m own PC..

Well, Microsoft plugged in sth called UAC (User account control) since windows vista, basically to reduce the programs getting advantage of security holes in windows and protect novice users from running harmful executable. when you log into windows even if you are admin, windows treats you as normal user with minimal rights, when running any application and requires administrative rights , windows prompt you to elevate your rights to admin for that process, so thats why you see this prompt, if you dont have admin rights, windows will show username/pass to be entered for an admin account instead of Yes/No dialog. you can get rid of UAC and make it like windows XP it by going to control panel --> user accounts --> turn UAC off, BUT IT IS NOT RECOMMENDED AT ALL.

Now, problems in running the game might be due to corrupted installation, so start a clean install for everything:

1. Uninstall the game
2. Uninstall Ubisoft Game Launcher.
3. Reinstall the game.

hope this helps you both.