PDA

View Full Version : How long until we hear...

tgow2010
11-15-2012, 02:21 AM
I know it might sound ridiculous considering AC3 has only been out around a fortnight but how long does everyone reckon it will be until we hear news of a sequel? I really hope they continue with the yearly installments. Roughly when in the past did we hear news for Brotherhood/Revelations/AC3, was it around March/April?

scooper121s
11-15-2012, 02:26 AM
1st things first, welcome too the forums, and I'd say 6 months

tgow2010
11-15-2012, 02:33 AM
Thank you, can't wait to see where Ubisoft take the series next!

scooper121s
11-15-2012, 02:35 AM
Niether can I the ending screams for a sequel

kriegerdesgottes
11-15-2012, 02:37 AM
Depends on whether or not they decide to make one next year which is possible but they have made it sound like they might take a break which truthfully, they should. But if they do make one for next year we will start hearing about it sometime between March and May. ACIII was announced in March because they had already been working on it for so long but I don't know what their plans are so we may not hear anything until April or May.

JCearlyyears
11-15-2012, 03:46 AM
I heard that Gaelic Simmard (I think that's his name) was working on an unannounced ac game, he was on Brotherhood so if I'm not mistaken, that game has been in production for almost 3 years, or it will be by the time it is ready to come out which is just in time for the next annual release.( this is all assuming that the game was started right after Brotherhood like AC3 was after AC2.)

thefreeman28989
11-15-2012, 03:55 AM
I heard that Gaelic Simmard (I think that's his name) was working on an unannounced ac game, he was on Brotherhood so if I'm not mistaken, that game has been in production for almost 3 years, or it will be by the time it is ready to come out which is just in time for the next annual release.( this is all assuming that the game was started right after Brotherhood like AC3 was after AC2.)

I really hope you're right!

GunnarGunderson
11-15-2012, 04:18 AM
I doubt Ubisoft would announce the sequel that they no doubt already have in the works until they've finished releasing all of the AC3 DLC

Iamsosobad
11-15-2012, 05:18 AM
Honestly I think they should take a break for a few years...don't want these games to start feeling stale and redundant.

Edge0fSanity
11-15-2012, 06:38 AM
Well, they killed all of the things I loved from the previous games. If any future game is like this one (and not the ones before), I'll pass.

Assassin_M
11-15-2012, 06:42 AM
Well, they killed all of the things I loved from the previous games. If any future game is like this one (and not the ones before), I'll pass.
Please pass now..

I do not want another Short, re-skinned game called sequel....

I strongly Disagree with what you want and I hope from the bottom of my heart that there are less people that think like you..

zhengyingli
11-15-2012, 07:13 AM
If AC3 "Brotherhood" brings the refinement and new content of Brotherhood and character-developing script like Revelations, I'm so on board.

Assassin_M
11-15-2012, 07:17 AM
If AC3 "Brotherhood" brings the refinement and new content of Brotherhood and character-developing script like Revelations, I'm so on board.
No Problem here either..

AC III`s system still has a lot of juice in the can

pirate1802
11-15-2012, 09:44 AM

I truly hope you find peace and love in whatever franchise you embrace next..

..before they too kill off the the things you like! Muhahahahahaha! *echoing evil laughter*

scooper121s
11-15-2012, 09:52 AM
i truly hope you find peace and love in whatever franchise you embrace next..

..before they too kill off the the things you like! Muhahahahahaha! *echoing evil laughter*
lol

ProdiGurl
11-15-2012, 10:49 AM
If they take any time off (off meaning I hope they're just working on the next one without a release that year), I hope it's only one year.
I think they did great with Ezio's trilogy & release times, so I'm fine with yearly releases if they can keep the bug/glitch problem under control.
But I do hope if they do a sequel w/ Connor & his story that it isn't as short as ACR was. Thankfully there's lots to do on the side.

> Originally Posted by Edge0fSanity http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20120411.419/images/UbiTheme/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php?p=8702356#post8702356)
Well, they killed all of the things I loved from the previous games. If any future game is like this one (and not the ones before), I'll pass.<

I'm just curious what those things are? The one thing I'm jealous of is that Ezio didn't look as brutal as Connor in combat & didn't get these amazing combo moves.
I'm most impressed w/ the new combat :D

zhengyingli
11-15-2012, 10:53 AM
If they take any time off (off meaning I hope they're just working on the next one without a release that year), I hope it's only one year.

I'm semi-wishing for time off not due to worrying about quality, but my wallet. I've pre-ordered every game starting from Brotherhood, so it's just getting so costly.

Guardian Agnew
11-15-2012, 11:22 AM
[hint to spoiler removed]. We Still Have Daniel Cross Story Line. Also We Can Have Some Type Of Assassin and Templar Team Ups Against ...... Can Say Right Now! The Nice Thing Is What Ubisoft Have Said Over And Over, " History Is Our Playground!

Guardian Agnew
11-15-2012, 11:23 AM
So True

ProdiGurl
11-15-2012, 11:23 AM
I so hear you zengh - AC is the only title I'll pre-order & buy full price (AC3 being my first time ever) & when you have so many other priorities that come before video games, it's a sacrifice to let go of that much $$. It blows when you can't afford your favorite hobby :nonchalance:

Grandmaster_Z
11-15-2012, 05:28 PM
im ready for the next chapter

MRNMRSPACER
11-15-2012, 07:24 PM
well usually be march/april but im hoping they wait a year or 2 for a new game and start a new trilogy and put alot of time into it so it has fewer glitches and next-Gen! but thats my hopes

tgow2010
11-15-2012, 08:13 PM
to be fair though from what I've read, they are working on the glitches as much as possible and listening to the fans in regard to the hood issue. If they do a Brotherhood style sequel I imagine it would be a lot more polished.

BBALive
11-15-2012, 08:17 PM
They should make the next AC a next-gen launch title.

If they're going to release the next one in 2013, then we'll probably here about it sometime in Spring, or at E3.

scooper121s
11-15-2012, 08:52 PM
So True
Didn't you get the memo; Nothing is true, everything is permitted

kriegerdesgottes
11-15-2012, 10:27 PM
to be fair though from what I've read, they are working on the glitches as much as possible and listening to the fans in regard to the hood issue. If they do a Brotherhood style sequel I imagine it would be a lot more polished.

Just because people complain doesn't mean Ubisoft will fix it in the next game. Ex: Removable armor, music not playing in background, Things disappearing in inventory because you replayed a mission.

Dan Pen 97
11-15-2012, 10:36 PM
A lot of people are ready for the next chapter me my self is ready as well.