PDA

View Full Version : DoC championship gossip

Pjovejas
11-14-2012, 11:10 PM
So I try to create some thread for a chat of participators :)

Just now I have seen my account :cool: And i'm contemplating which fraction would be the best choice :D

By the way a very imprtant question for me at the moment :

What will happen with those championsiph cards in championship account? Can we have them transfered to our ordinary acount afterwards? please? :)

trupiciel
11-15-2012, 01:28 AM
Would it be fair that the quickest 128 people get free cards? I don't think so. I think you should prove yourself worthy to keep them. So like top 64 or 32 or even higher ranked.

Pjovejas
11-15-2012, 10:17 AM
Would it be fair that the quickest 128 people get free cards? I don't think so. I think you should prove yourself worthy to keep them. So like top 64 or 32 or even higher ranked.

You are almost :D right.

Just I was chasing one card for so long for one of my planned decks :D

Aza404
11-15-2012, 10:49 AM
Sorry, but once the championship is over, these accounts will probably be deleted.

But if you get far enough, you've got a chance of getting some really awesome prizes that will make you forget all about these cards ;)

Best,
Aza

Mabufudyne
11-15-2012, 09:01 PM
Aww, I thought the Online/Offline thread was the signup :( Totally missed the other thread.

Pjovejas
11-16-2012, 06:42 AM
Mabufudyne, that should be really annoying misunderstanding...

As for the championship, as far as I have seen from screenshots I have an impression that there are no heaven fractions participating? Or have I missed it? :)

kirnon
11-16-2012, 06:54 AM
I have seen a few - don't know if any have won - I saw at least 2 Haven screen shots.

Pjovejas
11-16-2012, 07:54 AM
You are right... after double check I found also two and it looks like they are the winners.
The next question is... At the moment I see only 33 match reports (including 1 complain that the oponent didn't come to play). While there should be 64 of them (from 128 players). Thea deadline is comming. i wonder how many matches are going right now :D

Pjovejas
11-16-2012, 12:02 PM
A shame to those, who got forfeits... probably you took a place from other people, who wanted and could play.

Matrix.disc
11-18-2012, 06:36 PM
Well, some of these forfeits could have been a result of a smurf playing against a smurf, right? Just theoretizing... there is an AWFUL lot of nicks that i have never seen - either in-game or on the forums, which makes me wonder.

leonid1995927
11-18-2012, 07:04 PM
Can easily be narrowed down via IP checks.

C4r-n4ge
11-18-2012, 08:38 PM
Around half of the accounts which taken part in this Tounament are new accounts created just before the touney by the people who plays on a mutiple accounts to increase their chances to win. The formula of this Tournament is a heaven for cheaters...

leonid1995927
11-18-2012, 10:51 PM
Big tournaments like these need more time to prepare.

It was really naive of the team to think they could pull off something Dreamhack worthy on such a short notice.

:/

Pjovejas
11-19-2012, 07:43 AM
Maybe yes, maybe no... For example I lost in rond3 to wolrajh31 (by the way, I wish him luck, because it is always more satisfaction when you know, that you have lost only to champion :)). I saw that he was 1st in today's tournament (at least last time I checked). So there are still "real" players left :)

And I think we should just look at this championship as a first try. Remember it is still open beta (or not?), not the whole world could participate etc.

Ch3rryAC
11-19-2012, 07:45 AM
As long as "real" players win the whole thing, multiple account cheater are not major issue.

Can you point someone in top16 who played as you said?

Pjovejas
11-19-2012, 07:48 AM
Can you point someone in top16 who played as you said?

If this question is for me, then I can answer that I didn't said that there are "cheaters" in top 16 :)

Matrix.disc
11-19-2012, 09:51 AM
Doesn't matter if the "real" players win - this is a big issue, not a minor one. It is possible that:
- Some "real" players couldn't take part in the tourney because of multi-smurfs.
- Some players got byes due to being paired with their own smurf.
- Some players got knocked out by a smurf, and wouldn't be by another, "real" player.

There is no way that this issue could be seen as "minor" thing. Would you like something like that happen in a tourney organized by you? Would you feel comfortable playing against the same player (under different account names) several times after you have already eliminated him/her? Is it by any means OK to have multiplied your chances unfairly like that? Why don't we all start doing so?

ethylparaben
11-19-2012, 10:18 AM
It's a big assumption to think, that players from outside top ranks in game, which doing well in tournamet, are cheaters. I'm playing on multiple accounts in game (ethylparaben, vinidrea, eth_und, eth_inf etc. ) and only one of them is 1000+ poins. For me playing on low levels with limited cards gives most fun. But to the tournament I applied one account only of course.

Matrix.disc
11-19-2012, 11:06 AM
That implication was working the other way around. High ranking implies higher credibility - I have seen you, played with you, read your posts on forum - that means that you are a persona with some kind of established existence in our small environment. Account with 0 or 1 posts, low GELO, low lvl in game and small presence in daily tournaments/matches just didn't establish their credibility yet. High credibility isn't something you are immediately granted when you enter an anonymous environment like internet, where taking on a new personas is as easy as putting on a new sweatshirt.

I think every single account that has taken place in this tournament should be requested a vaild ID proof. If you don't have ID because you are not 18 or whatever the limit is in your country, prove it otherwise.

And btw, playing on smurf accounts is totally OK. It is not ok to enter the tournament more than once! To whoever would like to defend such behaviour:
Just try doing it in any other non-online tournament and then tell me your experiences.

Pjovejas
11-19-2012, 01:58 PM
Sorry, but once the championship is over, these accounts will probably be deleted.

But if you get far enough, you've got a chance of getting some really awesome prizes that will make you forget all about these cards ;)

Best,
Aza

Hello Aza, could you specify what is
far enough
? :)

C4r-n4ge
11-19-2012, 02:50 PM
The fact that many people played this tournament from multiple accounts (created just before the tournament) is obvious. You can look at all 128 players - around half of them are new just created accounts. These new accounts doesn't belong to a new players but to veteran players who wanted to increase their chances and they play from their oringinall account plus multiple new accounts.
The whole idea for the tournnament was wrong. I really don't think that Ubisoft can proof someone that he chaeted this way.
You can explain that your IP's are the same because you live in the student hostel or your whole family is also playing in Duels etc. etc.
I really love this game and this situation is very sad for me... :-(

Shinrin_Hitori
11-19-2012, 02:58 PM
What if everyone who signs up for the tournament needs at least a certain level? Or ELO? That way they have at least to invest time in the smurf account...
Ahh... kinda stupid as well...

ethylparaben
11-19-2012, 03:07 PM
You can look at all 128 players - around half of them are new just created accounts.

How can you check when account was created? Those dates next to our nicks on this forum do not show when it was created/played. For example I started play on ethylparaben acc on the very first day of open beta, but wrote first post on this forum in november, and this november date is shown next to my nick.

Of course in general you are right - there was no protection against that kind of cheating, but I think that most of us (I wish all!) played fair :)

Pjovejas
11-19-2012, 03:16 PM
The train for complains about this championship is gone. We can just hope, that in the future the championship will be organized in such a way, that there will be less such questions. :)

C4r-n4ge
11-19-2012, 03:28 PM
The train for complains about this championship is gone. We can just hope, that in the future the championship will be organized in such a way, that there will be less such questions. :)

I totally agree with you - it's too late to do anything now. But the complaints are needed to not make such a mistakes in the future tournaments....

Ipwnfour
11-19-2012, 03:44 PM
I totally agree with you - it's too late to do anything now. But the complaints are needed to not make such a mistakes in the future tournaments....

Still it would be bad reputation for Razer and Ubisoft if they let a cheater go on a trip to Sweden.

leonid1995927
11-19-2012, 03:48 PM
Still it would be bad reputation for Razer and Ubisoft if they let a cheater go on a trip to Sweden.

Nailed it.

trupiciel
11-19-2012, 10:39 PM
at least we know that all top 8 players are legit, right?

C4r-n4ge
11-19-2012, 10:42 PM
No.

Matrix.disc
11-20-2012, 12:45 AM
Not even top4 is legit

leonid1995927
11-20-2012, 03:19 AM
I feel sorry for Razer. :/

Aza404
11-22-2012, 10:59 AM
Hi guys,
Please check this topic for more info regarding championship's cheating. (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/724607-1st-DoC-World-Championship-DreamHack-2012/page3)

MnM_vs_Smarties
11-23-2012, 06:02 PM
Hey guys!

Im now reporting from Dreamhack at the MMDoC booth and just wanted to tell you that this is one huge crazy event! So much to see here and its only getting better Ive heard! I would have only come just for this experience.

Also the team here from Ubisoft are all really great. Theyre all kind and helpful and stuff (and pay for everything). Its really nice to talk with each of them about what they do for the game and whats planned for the future.

Im missing Aza404 though, too bad youre not here.

Anyway, Ill let you know more tomorrow when Ive seen more of Dreamhack (Ive only seen like 1/4th here).

Cheers!

MnM_vs_Smarties
11-24-2012, 12:23 PM
Hey again,

This afternoon the final will be played between Matrix.disc and me. Unfortunatly it cant be streamed. However they told us they will record it and post it on Facebook and/or the forums. =)

Matrix.disc
11-24-2012, 12:26 PM
I can only agree with MnM :) The venue is enormous and the number of people with their own computers seated for the LAN is nearly unfathomable!
Guys from Ubi team are great and helpful. I had looooong conversations about future plans, balancing and ways to involve community more - both with Stephane, Emile and all other guys from the team. The way they responded to feedback is really positive and gives me hope that all the small annoyities that are there at the moment will be ironed out and we can wait for content patches instead of bugfix patches :)

Pjovejas
11-27-2012, 08:19 AM
Soooo... :) the championship is over what about those temporary accounts?
still have a tiny hope that we can keep at least one card fom them :D

C4r-n4ge
11-27-2012, 04:15 PM
Soooo... :) the championship is over what about those temporary accounts?
still have a tiny hope that we can keep at least one card fom them :D

It was already answered in the other topic. The cards won't be transfered into our main accounts.

r3tsa
11-27-2012, 04:59 PM
It's not over, online finals are left.

Pjovejas
11-27-2012, 08:23 PM
It was already answered in the other topic. The cards won't be transfered into our main accounts.

pssst... :) don't interfere, I still hope for that stupid rare, called Pao Deathseeker :D