PDA

View Full Version : Can't Install Anno 2070

WoodMan1984
11-14-2012, 05:03 PM
Hi all,

Bought the game today from UbI website, download finished so I run the file and get the following message:

"The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Check your computer's system information to see whether you need an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher."

I have Windows 7 64bit legal activated copy.

Please help!

Mr_Shade
11-14-2012, 06:33 PM
Hi there,

Have you contacted Support?

If not - sounds like something they may have to advise you on.

Links are in my signature.

WoodMan1984
11-14-2012, 06:49 PM
Redownloaded it, I did get a strange message both times I downloaded it from the UBIsoft download Manager. It said something along the lines of the file size on the server has changed since the download began or something like that.

So that is twice i've downloaded it and twice the same message from the download manager and twice the same message when I try to install it. But then I notice my Anti Virus program claims it stopped two viruses today, so maybe this is the problem. Downloading for a third time with anti cirus software off now.

prusa_i3
11-14-2012, 06:57 PM
OH ME YES ME PICK ME OH hi i had the same problem THen na im just kidding ,, hope you get help :)

WoodMan1984
11-15-2012, 04:33 AM
Got it working.

It was my anti-virus blocking the end of the download. Very strange, I thought it was just a download and the program wasn't activated until after the download had finished (seeing as you can choose that option), but clearly not the case as the anti-virus doesn't stop file downloads, only things trying to manipulate the comp without your permission, hmmm. Well, anyway, got it working now.