PDA

View Full Version : The Next Assassin's Creed!

CRANK 132
11-13-2012, 11:36 AM
I have just been browsing the forum when a stray thought made itself apparent; here is aforementioned thought:

THE NEXT ASSASSIN'S CREED IS GOING TO BE A NEXT-GEN TITLE!!!!

The reason I get excited about this is because of what has been achieved with Assassin's Creed 3, imagine what they can do on a far more powerful console. Ahhhhhhh, this makes me happy.

Edit: That is presuming the next-gen console comes out next year which I hope it does.

Another edit: Just to make sure this is not a complete waste of your time when you read it: What do you think they will be able to achieve on the next-gen? Larger multi-player matches? Better graphics (even though they are already awesome) More detail (Again, already awesome). Larger worlds? More NPC's on screen?

I have a lot of love for Ubisoft right now and really cannot wait to see what they do in the future.

ShadowFiend1993
11-13-2012, 12:13 PM
I'm not sure if the next gen consoles are coming out next year, but I would love to see the next AC game be a next gen title. Close off this generation with AC3 and then come out with something possibly even bigger on next gen consoles. I think they would be able to achieve a lot on next consoles, just look at how ambitious AC3 is, despite the Xbox 360 and PS3 being ancient now. Much bigger game worlds with a lot more detail like you said, smarter AI etc would most likely all be possible. Having more up-to-date hardware will probably also make for a much less buggy experience. IMO one of the main reasons AC3 has so many bugs is because the 360 and PS3 struggle to run a game of this size and detail because of how old the hardware is now.

BBALive
11-13-2012, 01:20 PM
You know, the first next-gen console technically comes out this year.

LinkAndLoad
11-13-2012, 03:14 PM
I only know that Sony is going to show there new console in 2013. So before it is in the stores we will be be some time further.
Next to that game developers don't even know yet what the specs are going to be etc. So it will take some more time before you have a next gen game.
I mean look back to games that came out in 2006 compared to now.

CRANK 132
11-13-2012, 03:17 PM
I only know that Sony is going to show there new console in 2013. So before it is in the stores we will be be some time further.
Next to that game developers don't even know yet what the specs are going to be etc. So it will take some more time before you have a next gen game.
I mean look back to games that came out in 2006 compared to now.

Well you certainly ruined my excitement with your flawless reasoning. **** you sir, **** you.

Edit: Would like to point out I did not swear then! I didn't realise dam* would be censored, nor was I serious.

I have also just realised 2013 is next year, not quite sure what year I thought we were in...It is a possibility that it could be a next gen title then. If the consoles are shown in summer/early autumn and then released late autumn/winter for more sales over Christmas.

Do you really think the developers don't know the specs? I hate to sound like a conspiracy theorist but surely they must know something. Microsoft/Sony will want to have as many titles as possible on/near launch and so will surely have to reveal the specs? I am not sure how the whole development cycle works.

LinkAndLoad
11-13-2012, 03:31 PM
I'm sorry!

Until the console is revealed, things stay top secret for marketing and business purpose. Also Sony, Microsoft and even Nintendo don't want to give each other more info then necessary.

In the gaming industry there is allot of money involved, in its peaking days making more money then Hollywood. Things have so much changed since 10 - 15 years ago.

CRANK 132
11-13-2012, 03:37 PM
They really have. I have vague memories of playing Aladdin on my Sega Megadrive that was kept in my parents room so we could not play it all night.

Really cannot wait to see the next-gen consoles and their games. I am hoping Ubisoft keep Watchdogs for next-gen as that game looks like it deserves to be played on a console that can handle it!

I wish we were given a little information regarding the new consoles. The problem with xbox is xbox live. I don't want to pay for a year if I will be getting a new console after six months (my current subscription lasts until march). A little information will be very useful, even if it is just that the subscription will carry over to the new console.

LinkAndLoad
11-13-2012, 03:47 PM
I cant wait either! I am also really curious what 'next gen' gaming is going to bring us.

I mean I thought Sonic on my Sega 8 bit system was awesome, when we first could move in 3 demensions ( ignoring wolfenstein 3d here, but technicly is was still a 2d game) with the N64, Dreamcast, and PS1 was amazing. This generation of consoles were Online gaming is so much more integrated (what was lacking compared to PC gaming) is epic. So yeah I think I am going to be amazed again when we take a step forward again.

Omg... I sound so much like a nerd right now, haha.

pirate1802
11-13-2012, 03:56 PM
Now I'm missing my GameBoy and Duckhunt.. :'(