PDA

View Full Version : Daniel Cross? (vague Spoilers, I guess).

PurpleHaze1980
11-13-2012, 06:11 AM
Did anyone else feel like the introduction of Daniel Cross to this game was just utterly pointless?

Why, in a series of five games is it just suddenly game five they decide to spring this 'important character' on us for things to go the way it did? Wouldn't he have been mentioned before now (and I'm talking about in game, not in comics and novels)? I can't recall him ever being mentioned, only Subject 16 (Clay) and one of the previous subjects who had been pregnant (I forget if her subject number or name were mentioned).

It was just utterly baffling. I felt like Cross was completely redundant and added absolutely nothing to the story. The only reason I could possibly see his inclusion is if the developers decide to go back in time and use Cross as a Desmond substitute. Just...completely unneccessary (in my opinion).

kriegerdesgottes
11-13-2012, 06:15 AM
I think for hardcore fans it was cool to see these two born assassins face off. I agree that it would have been better if he had been at least mentioned more in other games and if he would have been seen as more of a threat to the player but it was cool as a veteran AC fan to see him and interact with him although I do wish that we could have seen him more and that things would have worked out differently for him (and Hannah) poor hannah :(

Thezar
11-13-2012, 06:33 AM
He is mentioned in other games, sometimes as subject 4

PurpleHaze1980
11-13-2012, 06:36 AM
I don't even remember the mention of subject 4, 16 and the pregnant girl were the only ones I think I heard mentioned up until this point.

pirate1802
11-13-2012, 06:43 AM
My ACR MP avatar was Cross.. :/

He was also the one in the final MP video, strangling you (the player)

PurpleHaze1980
11-13-2012, 06:55 AM
My ACR MP avatar was Cross.. :/

He was also the one in the final MP video, strangling you (the player)

Not everyone plays the multiplayer and I certainly didn't (too much frustrating with losing and getting nowhere). I found multiplayer too frustrating as all the players I'd get put against had the higher level perks (shot on sight more or less). It's hard to gain experience and learn when you don't get put against players in similar levels who are also still learning. It's the same with most multiplayer games (uncharted for instance). I don't mind losing, but I don't like losing to people who have higher advantages and you don't get the chance to learn anything except that you're an easy target.

pirate1802
11-13-2012, 07:19 AM
Not everyone plays the multiplayer and I certainly didn't (too much frustrating with losing and getting nowhere). I found multiplayer too frustrating as all the players I'd get put against had the higher level perks (shot on sight more or less). It's hard to gain experience and learn when you don't get put against players in similar levels who are also still learning. It's the same with most multiplayer games (uncharted for instance). I don't mind losing, but I don't like losing to people who have higher advantages and you don't get the chance to learn anything except that you're an easy target.

Well.. the information is certainly there in the game but then again I knew him beforehand because of the comics. Can't wait to face off against him.

PurpleHaze1980
11-13-2012, 08:30 AM
Well.. the information is certainly there in the game but then again I knew him beforehand because of the comics. Can't wait to face off against him.

I'd read stuff about him (although I didn't get the comics) but to the game, to the average gamer, I think it'd have seemed right out of left field (and I still just wasn't impressed with the stand off).

blacklimoband
11-13-2012, 09:14 AM
I'd read stuff about him (although I didn't get the comics) but to the game, to the average gamer, I think it'd have seemed right out of left field (and I still just wasn't impressed with the stand off).

Not entirely true... I've never read any of the books or comics etc, I've only played the games, and I knew who he was. I don't remember where he is talked about but it is definitely in the single player games, as I've only played 2 MP matches of brotherhood, and never touched the multiplayer in any other one. I know I'd heard of him well before playing AC3.

infamous_ezio
11-13-2012, 04:57 PM
His part in this game was so pathetic.. the modern day story had so much potential...

Em-Man
11-13-2012, 05:28 PM
I was so excited for him after reading the comics. But in the end, he was just a big mess with no contribution to the overarching plot, just like the American setting.

mazohystic
11-13-2012, 05:31 PM
So the reason why he was put in the game was basically fan service. Horrible fan service at that. Even though I thought it was cool to see him in the game, he really did serve no purpose. The game would be better off without him. The game would be better off with a lot of things, actually...