PDA

View Full Version : Radioactive - Ties to Desmond and the Ending (spoiler)

projectpat06
11-12-2012, 05:58 AM
So we've all heard the song, Radioactive, by Imagine Dragons that has played with the AC3 trailers. Naturally with the song talking about revolution and the new age, we would think it to be related to Connor and the American Revolution. After knowing what happens to Desmond in the end, the song actually seems to relate to Desmond and could be a hint as to his future. This song could be analyzed in many different ways so I'd like to hear what everyone else thinks. Desmond is dead physically yes, but is he in the state that Juno was in for thousands of years? I think he's part of a machine. He's now part of the same first civ technology that the assassins and templars have been fighting over for centuries. He's basically become "Radioactive". He did activate the the shield that stopped the solar flare and released Juno (we don't even know if she has a physical form yet or not).

The line "I'm breaking in, shaping up, then checking out on the prison bus" could very well be he's hacking into the cloud network that the templars have, then saving the world from Juno and the templars then escaping the prison he is in even if it's death for good. But if he is "alive" in a sense, then he is basically waking up to "the apocalypse". There have been conflicting theories what will happen at the end of 2012. One states that the life on this earth will be exterminated like all the life that is now extinct before the previous apocalypse during the age of the dinosaurs. Another one is that whatever higher being that supposedly helped the mayans will return and bring about a new age on this world (scary thing is the bible says this too but with Jesus as higher being returning. It all could mean the same but various interpretations from around the world). The second basically happened In AC3. Juno is the second coming that will bring about a new age be it good or bad. Regardless, judgement will be served upon man by her or man will rebel and fight back (sounds similar to the whole war in heaven stories and then the betrayal of man). There's a lot of theories that people can come up with but remember that all the source material for Assassin's Creed 3 has come from various religions when it hasn't come from historical facts.

The ending is very genius if you think about it. (Ubi just needs to work on the story presentation a tad bit better) It stays true to the 2012 theories and contradicts what the assassin's have been fighting for the entire time....Freedom. The whole game is about Freedom vs. Slavery in all different forms.

So "Welcome to the New Age"

"Radioactive"

I'm waking up to ash and dust
I wipe my brow and I sweat my rust
I'm breathing in the chemicals
I'm breaking in, shaping up, then checking out on the prison bus
This is it, the apocalypse
Whoa

I'm waking up, I feel it in my bones
Enough to make my systems blow
Welcome to the new age, to the new age
Whoa, whoa, I'm radioactive, radioactive

I raise my flags, dye my clothes
It's a revolution, I suppose
We'll paint it red to fit right in
Whoa
I'm breaking in, shaping up, then checking out on the prison bus
This is it, the apocalypse
Whoa

All systems go, sun hasn't died
Deep in my bones, straight from inside

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5crf9Ys-fY0

pirate1802
11-12-2012, 06:03 AM
It feels like we're building AC's own indoctrination Theory now.. the only thing is, this theory has a real possibility of being correct!