PDA

View Full Version : Uh, what were you guys thinking. ( Deluxe Edition )

Default137
11-12-2012, 12:03 AM
So, I've always bought the Deluxe Edition for the Assassins Creed games. In 2 I grabbed the upgrade as soon as it became available, and after seeing how well done the Lairs/story attachment to those lairs were, it left me impressed enough to fork out the $60 on day 1 for the Bro Deluxe Addition, something I NEVER do.

So when you guys announced the AC3 Deluxe Edition, I figured I'd do the same thing, put down my $55-$60, and get a bunch of cool side missions/maybe a new small arc. Except apparently I can't, and my only option is to put down $80, which will also get me the "Season Pass!"

Except I don't WANT the Season Pass. If the previous Assassins Creed games/the description are anything to go by, the majority of content it'll add will be multiplayer focused, which isn't something I've enjoyed in any of the ACreed games. I came here for stabbing dudes in the face and neck and having fun while doing it, not any multiplayer nonsense. And while yeah, I'll get the Washington alternate history thing, I'm not really seeing the value per dollar of "Alternate History Washington/Benedict Arnold side mission" for $30 extra.

I guess looking at Steam now, it's the only way to get said Season Pass, and it's not really a bad deal, I just wish you guys paced it out a bit more. A "MiniDeluxe" edition that only added the Benedict Arnold stuff for $5 would be nice, or the promise this stuff will get added to a later DLC if we don't buy it now. I'm just annoyed, as it is now, it feels like my only options to get this additional content ( which I want ) are to either throw away $30 on content I don't care about outside the singleplayer stuff, wait until the Steam sale and grab it for cheaper in the hopes there is additional singleplayer stuff outside of alternate Washington ( which would suck as I'd have to wait another month to play AC3. ), or just grab the AC3 base game, and probably/maybe never get that content, as you still haven't offered the Bro Deluxe stuff as buyable outside of rebuying the entire game yet.

/rant.

BzkGB
11-12-2012, 01:07 AM
So, I've always bought the Deluxe Edition for the Assassins Creed games. In 2 I grabbed the upgrade as soon as it became available, and after seeing how well done the Lairs/story attachment to those lairs were, it left me impressed enough to fork out the $60 on day 1 for the Bro Deluxe Addition, something I NEVER do.

So when you guys announced the AC3 Deluxe Edition, I figured I'd do the same thing, put down my $55-$60, and get a bunch of cool side missions/maybe a new small arc. Except apparently I can't, and my only option is to put down $80, which will also get me the "Season Pass!"

Except I don't WANT the Season Pass. If the previous Assassins Creed games/the description are anything to go by, the majority of content it'll add will be multiplayer focused, which isn't something I've enjoyed in any of the ACreed games. I came here for stabbing dudes in the face and neck and having fun while doing it, not any multiplayer nonsense. And while yeah, I'll get the Washington alternate history thing, I'm not really seeing the value per dollar of "Alternate History Washington/Benedict Arnold side mission" for $30 extra.

I guess looking at Steam now, it's the only way to get said Season Pass, and it's not really a bad deal, I just wish you guys paced it out a bit more. A "MiniDeluxe" edition that only added the Benedict Arnold stuff for $5 would be nice, or the promise this stuff will get added to a later DLC if we don't buy it now. I'm just annoyed, as it is now, it feels like my only options to get this additional content ( which I want ) are to either throw away $30 on content I don't care about outside the singleplayer stuff, wait until the Steam sale and grab it for cheaper in the hopes there is additional singleplayer stuff outside of alternate Washington ( which would suck as I'd have to wait another month to play AC3. ), or just grab the AC3 base game, and probably/maybe never get that content, as you still haven't offered the Bro Deluxe stuff as buyable outside of rebuying the entire game yet.

/rant.

I feel your pain. Although I'm fairly sure that the Benedict Arnold missions are exclusive to PlayStation 3 owners only, and won't be included in any PC edition of Assassin's Creed 3. So it seems that your $30 extra would only get you The Tyranny of King Washington DLC missions (seeing as you're not interested in the multiplayer aspect of the game).

Default137
11-12-2012, 02:15 AM
I feel your pain. Although I'm fairly sure that the Benedict Arnold missions are exclusive to PlayStation 3 owners only, and won't be included in any PC edition of Assassin's Creed 3. So it seems that your $30 extra would only get you The Tyranny of King Washington DLC missions (seeing as you're not interested in the multiplayer aspect of the game).

Well, the Steam Deluxe version is being sold as including "4 bonus single-player missions, adding over an hour of additional gameplay.", which is the exact same thing they said the BA stuff was, including number of missions/time it would take. And I assume they didn't make another mission arc just for PC, so guessing thats it.

But of course, the only way to play that is if I put down $80 for the game, so I can get access to tons of multiplayer stuff I'll never touch.

ElleCore
11-12-2012, 02:32 AM
Well, the Steam Deluxe version is being sold as including "4 bonus single-player missions, adding over an hour of additional gameplay.", which is the exact same thing they said the BA stuff was, including number of missions/time it would take. And I assume they didn't make another mission arc just for PC, so guessing thats it.

But of course, the only way to play that is if I put down $80 for the game, so I can get access to tons of multiplayer stuff I'll never touch.

Actually, they won't make only multiplayer DLCs.
They confirmed 3 of the 5 DLCs that come with the Season Pass are for singleplayer, all adding 1 sequence each. So I guess that's 3 signleplayer sequences and 2 multiplayer DLCs for 10 more euros? I'd say that's a good deal.
Also, those 3 sequences are all episodic parts of a plot called "The Tyranny of George Washington", or something like that.

Don't remember where I got the source for this information, sorry.

iNvid22
11-12-2012, 03:41 AM
the season pass and price increase to $80 was pretty recent, you could have pre-ordered from amazon previously for $65 as they're giving out the steam version

dhr09
11-12-2012, 03:55 AM
Like "iNvidous02" posted, the price increase is recent. I pre-ordered The Deluxe addition from ubishop a couple of months ago for $66, received an email couple of weeks ago about the season pass and extra content plus early access to 1st dlc being added but was opt in at no addition cost because i ordered early.

AntiChrist7
11-12-2012, 12:09 PM
i ordered the deluxe edition for €65 on ubishop as soon as it was available. anyway, i love the MP part, so its double win for me

DarthDeva
11-12-2012, 02:33 PM
Head to greenmangaming to get the deluxe edition from there. Same thing as other store. But the price is cheaper. Plus you can apply the discount code(until friday) on their hot deals page to get 25% off. Paid less than 50€ for that. Hope that can cheer you up. Or if you absolutely want it on steam, winter (sales) is coming...if you can wait a little more.

BzkGB
11-12-2012, 06:52 PM

Hm, you could be right. I just never imagined they'd release the BA missions on the PC, at least not so soon.

CasualCreed
11-14-2012, 01:11 AM
DEE + Season pass: $61.59 (released 20th november)
http://www.getgamesgo.com/product/assassins-creed-3-deluxe-edition-na-po

DEE + Season pass: 34.99 (released 23rd november)
http://www.buygamecode.com/buy-assassins-creed-3-deluxe-edition-uplay-cd-keys