PDA

View Full Version : What AssCreeThree's ending means for future games. (Spoilers!)

austin128
11-11-2012, 10:15 PM
I think within the framework of the game the ending wasn't that good, BUT, it has the potential of setting up a really cool world in future games.
I mean think about it. You have this power-lusting, insane god let loose in the world. I imagine the protagonist free-running through an on-fire and crumbling metropolis, seeing waves of energy come from Juno in the distance, civilians scared to death and running everywhere.

The most interesting thing to me is wondering about Desmond's fate and how that will affect how we view our ancestor's memories.
I remember Desmond's dad saying Abstergo was looking into trying to view OTHER'S memories. Knowing that, and assuming it can be done:
If Desmond is dead:
Someone might be able to salvage his brain and play through his memories.
If he's alive:
Same old same old.

Then again there's always the chance of a new protagonist (if that's because Desmond is dead then I think that's a super-sucky way for him to die).

Another interesting thing is this: if he is alive, will he be affected by Juno's magical pedestal-whatever? Will it have an influencing affect over him? Will he gain even more of The Ones That Came Before's powers (in addition to Eagle Vision)?

What do y'all think? Speculate! :D

kriegerdesgottes
11-11-2012, 10:24 PM
[Spoilers]!

once you complete the pivot point hack and you upload the synchronization to a "cloud" then a voice says something like "we did it, it's all on cloud now. vegas baby!" is this a templar who got a hold of Desmond's memories? or what is happening here?

It made me feel like some templar got Desmond's unconscious/dead body and downloaded all his memories to a cloud and now they are being rewarded for it. Who knows.

austin128
11-11-2012, 10:26 PM
[Spoilers]!

once you complete the pivot point hack and you upload the synchronization to a "cloud" then a voice says something like "we did it, it's all on cloud now. vegas baby!" is this a templar who got a hold of Desmond's memories? or what is happening here?

It made me feel like some templar got Desmond's unconscious/dead body and downloaded all his memories to a cloud and now they are being rewarded for it. Who knows.

Very interesting! I had no clue what that could be, and that definitely plays in with the whole "salvage his brain" part. Maybe they put it in the cloud to send it to Abstergo, and they got a lot of money as their reward (Vegas)?

jamgamerforever
11-11-2012, 10:30 PM
The Cloud seems like a way to enable users to interface with memories that aren't included in their DNA. Whether they were using Desmond's DNA from AC1 or William's from AC3 is unknown.

But it means we could be playing as the Templars in AC4/Connor sequel.

austin128
11-11-2012, 10:34 PM
The Cloud seems like a way to enable users to interface with memories that aren't included in their DNA. Whether they were using Desmond's DNA from AC1 or William's from AC3 is unknown.

But it means we could be playing as the Templars in AC4/Connor sequel.

I'd assume Templars because I don't think the Assassins have the numbers or resources to let one of their own live it up in Vegas, and I don't think they'd trust an outsider that was doing it for money.

Edit: I'd actually like a Templar side-game (as long as the main series stays "Assassin's Creed".

JCearlyyears
11-11-2012, 11:34 PM
I wonder what will happen in AC4. I think that we might go back to the first civ to see how TWCB were fought before. I know that I wouldn't know how to kill it. Shoot it? That seems too easy.

WakefulRainbow6
11-12-2012, 12:20 AM
i really doubt that we are going to play as a templar i much rather think desmonds mind or at least his memories are contained within this cloud and either we live on kinda like subject 16 within the animus or desmond could be able to attach himself to another person like subject 16 sugested to desmond but i really think they should let desmonds body be dead but let his mind live on

IlDiv0
11-12-2012, 12:56 AM
What exactly are the pivots to which people are referring? Does it have something to do with the epilogue, when we return back to Connor?

Elegana
11-12-2012, 04:04 AM
What exactly are the pivots to which people are referring? Does it have something to do with the epilogue, when we return back to Connor?
Yes. In the epilogue, there are still "main missions". Go to them and eventually a voice will tell you to find the pivot points and he'll explain it to you. After you find all of them, the voice is happy about the information being uploaded to the Cloud.

projectpat06
11-12-2012, 05:34 AM
The Cloud just means basically the information is uploaded to the network. Typically when a software like IT for a company is Cloud based, it's usually over the internet or some sort of network where up dates and information can be pushed remotely to whatever device is linked to that software. It's becoming a more efficient alternative to having servers at each IT company's client. When Desmond's memories are uploaded to the cloud, it just means anyone connected to that network can have access to it. This ties to the multiplayer with the idea that Abstergo is commercializing the animus to the public and it ties ti ubisoft's claim that they want to get away from having the present day story tie in and just do the past time periods.

We may never see a present day story again to be honest. There are several theories about what will happen on dec 21, 2012. One is that it will be the end of the world including the end to all life on earth for this life cycle much like the world's previous mass extinction. Another is that some higher life form will return and bring us to a new age. Both of these appear in the game. Desmond chooses the second where the higher life form starts a new age. As the song "Radioactive" says, "Welcome to the new Age". I think that song was the most fitting for both Connor's and Desmond's Story. Desmond basically becomes radioactive by activating the shield and bringing about the new age.

pirate1802
11-12-2012, 05:53 AM
You have this power-lusting, insane god let loose in the world. I imagine the protagonist free-running through an on-fire and crumbling metropolis, seeing waves of energy come from Juno in the distance, civilians scared to death and running everywhere.

http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

rego00123
11-12-2012, 06:03 AM
in AC:L The game starts by thanking you for purchasing "Animus. By Abstergo" So the conceit is that you, the person playing the game on the Vita is who purchased the "Animus" program and the one assessing "someones" assassins memories. namley Aveline's (which would be why so many of her memories are blocked from you)
This would tie into the ending pivots of AC:3. since timelines can go either way with "when" these pivots are being found. it could be they found out how to forgo the genetic memory "donor" having to be the one to access memories and now they have the ability to let other people jump in at will.

as for the future of AC games this is just my opinion on where its headed:
the next chapter of assassins creed games will follow the descendants of eve (Aveline was one) and presumably her fight to stop Juno's enslavement of mankind. the ending of AC:L pretty much spill all the beans without directly blowing it in peoples faces.

Desmond was a descendant of Adam, which is why he choose to enslave humanity again to Juno, if you remember he was told to find eve in earlier games...so if he is not dead and gone this will be his next role.

pirate1802
11-12-2012, 06:20 AM
in AC:L The game starts by thanking you for purchasing "Animus. By Abstergo" So the conceit is that you, the person playing the game on the Vita is who purchased the "Animus" program and the one assessing "someones" assassins memories. namley Aveline's (which would be why so many of her memories are blocked from you)
This would tie into the ending pivots of AC:3. since timelines can go either way with "when" these pivots are being found. it could be they found out how to forgo the genetic memory "donor" having to be the one to access memories and now they have the ability to let other people jump in at will.

the next chapter of assassins creed games will follow the descendants of eve (Aveline was one) and presumably her fight to stop Juno's enslavement of mankind. the ending of AC:L pretty much spill all the beans without directly blowing it in peoples faces.

Desmond was a descendant of Adam, which is why he choose to enslave humanity again to Juno, if you remember he was told to find eve in earlier games...so if he is not dead and gone this will be his next role.

Might be missing something but.. what has being descended from Adam got to do with the choice of enslaving humanity?

projectpat06
11-12-2012, 06:22 AM
^^^better question is if he's a decedent, wouldn't he also have to be a descendent of Eve? I don't think Adam would have technically had anyone else to have sex with at the time

pirate1802
11-12-2012, 06:29 AM
^^^better question is if he's a decedent, wouldn't he also have to be a descendent of Eve? I don't think Adam would have technically had anyone else to have sex with at the time

Yeah that lol.

projectpat06
11-12-2012, 06:29 AM

Funny thing is Desmond probably looked at Rebecca and thought "sh**, I have to repopulate the world with her and share her with my dad and some annoying British bloke? F that, have fun Juno!" If he had time to grab a supermodel, things would have been completely different.

I hope the How it should have ended crew does one for desmond.

austin128
11-12-2012, 06:33 AM

That's interesting. I haven't gotten to play Liberation so I didn't know any of that! I think it'd be kinda lame if in the next game we were just playing some random person playing someone's memories, though.

blacklimoband
11-12-2012, 06:33 AM
Funny thing is Desmond probably looked at Rebecca and thought "sh**, I have to repopulate the world with her and share her with my dad and some annoying British bloke? F that, have fun Juno!" If he had time to grab a supermodel, things would have been completely different.

I hope the How it should have ended crew does one for desmond.

lmao.... +1

rego00123
11-13-2012, 02:31 AM
Adam was not the one who wanted to "free humanity" or tempt fate, eve was the one who started the trail of temptation by giving into "the snake". eve gave Adam the apple, he had no idea what it was.
historically and in the biblical sense Adam gave into the temptation out of ignorance..not choice. Desmond knew what he was facing at the end without question. he chose hope and enslavement. this is where the dynamic changes between Adam and Desmond and why Desmond was chosen by Juno.

the setting for liberation and the character of Aveline having a slave dynamic and her firm beliefs/actions on slavery (and why they are trying to be hidden in the game by outside sources) was no coincidence. its a reflection of the Eve story.

that is my take anyways...

they both want to make up for past sins, but for very different reasons.

austin128
11-13-2012, 04:08 AM
Adam was not the one who wanted to "free humanity" or tempt fate, eve was the one who started the trail of temptation by giving into "the snake". eve gave Adam the apple, he had no idea what it was.
historically and in the biblical sense Adam gave into the temptation out of ignorance..not choice. Desmond knew what he was facing at the end without question. he chose hope and enslavement. this is where the dynamic changes between Adam and Desmond and why Desmond was chosen by Juno.

the setting for liberation and the character of Aveline having a slave dynamic and her firm beliefs/actions on slavery (and why they are trying to be hidden in the game by outside sources) was no coincidence. its a reflection of the Eve story.

that is my take anyways...

they both want to make up for past sins, but for very different reasons.

Very nice commentary.

DroppedClock56
11-13-2012, 04:12 AM
I think in the next game Desmond or someone else will have to go against the gaurdians and free the people and fight for freedom ect.