PDA

View Full Version : to those that worry about story issues [spoilers]

Jexx21
11-11-2012, 04:39 PM
Such as the ending, the First Civilization, and the lack of truly feeling like part of the Assassin Brotherhood.

Calm down
After playing Liberation, and seeing + hearing a lot of AC3, I think UbiSoft has the story controlled and thought out. The ending to AC3 may be on the magnitude of LOST, but the story isn't ending yet. Liberation holds important things to the story aswell.

As for the Brotherhood. It's a new world... and Connor needs to form a new Brotherhood.. Aveline aswell.

RatonhnhakeFan
11-11-2012, 04:46 PM
I think UbiSoft has the story controlled and thought out.

Why do some people feel the need to defend the writers no matter what? It doesn't help if they nothing but praise and zero constructive criticism. The story in this franchise DOES have some serious problems, especially when it comes to dropping previously introduced plot points. Or not explaining things enough. Things won't improve unless people provide feedback. must be constructive of course, but still.

Jexx21
11-11-2012, 04:50 PM
Thanka for attacking me man.

I said I think they have it well thought out and together, never said every plot point was perfect.

Honestly, I think AC2's pacing is horrible, but I can still enjoy it's story.

Jexx21
11-11-2012, 04:52 PM
Also, I defend everything. People should know that by now.

RatonhnhakeFan
11-11-2012, 04:53 PM
Thanka for attacking me man.

I said I think they have it well thought out and together, never said every plot point was perfect.

Honestly, I think AC2's pacing is horrible, but I can still enjoy it's story.Attacking? If that was attacking then lol

Jexx21
11-11-2012, 05:00 PM
Mostly because you said I offer no criticism. I do actually, but I still defend what was there before.

Honestly, it puts me at odds with others, but whatever.

Anyway, they actually haven't dropped that many plot points. Eve is sort of covered in Liberation.

pirate1802
11-11-2012, 05:00 PM
I feel the same as you OP, but I'm not going to defend it or convince people, because .. to each one his own! (or something like that)

Seriously though, I feel those certain plot points aren't dropped as much as altered. No story remains exactly the same from drawing boards to the finished product, especially one as complex as AC. The game wasn't even supposed to be about 2012 apocalypse. It was inserted into AC II when they ditched the trilogy pattern.

Jexx21
11-11-2012, 05:10 PM
Thanks pirate. Yes, plot points are altered in every story. Eve being present in Liberation makes me think that Ubisoft considers all previous plot points.

RatonhnhakeFan
11-11-2012, 05:13 PM
Anyway, they actually haven't dropped that many plot points. Eve is sort of covered in Liberation.Sort of. Not to mention that it doesn't change anything regarding what happened in 2012 story in AC3. That plot point appeared in the main game regarding the 2012 story and was never mentioned in AC3 during the 2012 story.

pirate1802
11-11-2012, 05:14 PM
Thanks pirate. Yes, plot points are altered in every story. Eve being present in Liberation makes me think that Ubisoft considers all previous plot points.

That's really it, isn't it? If they forgot about Eve they wouldn't bring her up again in Liberation. Its more a case of altered plot points rather than dropped plot points.

Jexx21
11-11-2012, 05:19 PM
Sort of. Not to mention that it doesn't change anything regarding what happened in 2012 story in AC3. That plot point appeared in the main game regarding the 2012 story and was never mentioned in AC3 during the 2012 story.

Actually, we never learned what it was supposed to mean.

The fact that she wasn't mentioned in AC3 is odd, but maybe Clay just went crazy? I'm not Corey May, I don't know where the story is going, I just trust that it'll get there.

RatonhnhakeFan
11-11-2012, 05:22 PM
Actually, we never learned what it was supposed to mean.

The fact that she wasn't mentioned in AC3 is odd, but maybe Clay just went crazy? I'm not Corey May, I don't know where the story is going, I just trust that it'll get there.But it wasn't just Clay mentioning it. Juno mentioned "she will accompany you through the gate". If they both went crazy and it meant nothing, it should be said in the story. You can't introduce one plot point and then never mention it assuming "well, the audience should just think the characters went crazy haha!". It's not the first time either. Juno makes Desmond kill Lucy in ACB, which was abandoned in ACR. They only fixed that in DLC revealing she was a traitor which was nonsense, considering how important that event was it should've been the first thing Desmond mentions when he 'wakes up' in the Animus and ask Clay about it and Clay should say immediately "she was a traitor"

Jexx21
11-11-2012, 05:28 PM
Uh huh.. you forgot that Desmond didn't even remember that until after Clay mentioned it?

And Juno had reasons to lie.. did you complete AC3?

RatonhnhakeFan
11-11-2012, 05:34 PM
Uh huh.. you forgot that Desmond didn't even remember that until after Clay mentioned it?And then Clay says... nothing. No mention of Lucy being a traitor even though it's very important aspect of the story. This is not good storytelling.

And Juno had reasons to lie.. did you complete AC3?And what was the point of her lying about Eve if Desmond never does anything about it in AC3 lol?

Em-Man
11-11-2012, 06:44 PM
But it wasn't just Clay mentioning it. Juno mentioned "she will accompany you through the gate".
Wrong.
As I wrote in the other thread, Juno mentioned someone "who would accompany you through the gate", and immediately after she says that this person "lies not within our sight" which could mean metaphorically that this person lies not within their "plans", that this person is an obstacle for their final outcome in the future.
-"The cross darkens the horizon, the path must be open", meaning again that this templar is an obstacle for what they're trying to achieve in the future.
-"It is done, the way lies all before you" meaning that Lucy who would accompany him through the gate IF she was alive, is no longer a factor, no longer an obstacle. Juno changed the future by killing her off, she changed that lucy would accompany him through the gate.
-"Only she remains to be found" most likely means that the only thing that remains is finding Eve (For unknown reasons. they talk about Eve more in liberations. Maybe Juno wants to find her to kill her off too, just to avoid a rebellion during her world domination? Eve is the only potential problem for Juno that "remains", and therefore she must be "found". Makes sense).

F4H bandicoot
11-11-2012, 07:15 PM
Juno mentioned "she will accompany you through the gate".r"

And are we, 100% certain that Juno was talking about Eve??

Em-Man
11-11-2012, 07:18 PM
And are we, 100% certain that Juno was talking about Eve??

Absolutely not, she was most likely talking about what Lucy would do if she would remain alive.
Finally someone that can think outside of the box.

pirate1802
11-11-2012, 07:20 PM
So, Jexx. Now that this has been moved to spoiler territory we can freely talk. Can you tell us in detail what this whole business about Eve is in Liberation? I've heard it in bits and pieces before but I wanna hear it from someone who has experienced it himself. My curiosity knows no bounds.

Jexx21
11-11-2012, 07:22 PM
And then Clay says... nothing. No mention of Lucy being a traitor even though it's very important aspect of the story. This is not good storytelling.

And what was the point of her lying about Eve if Desmond never does anything about it in AC3 lol?

I'm fairly sure it's because of lack of time. TLA was supposed to be in from the beginning, but they didn't finish it in time.

Jexx21
11-11-2012, 10:43 PM
So, Jexx. Now that this has been moved to spoiler territory we can freely talk. Can you tell us in detail what this whole business about Eve is in Liberation? I've heard it in bits and pieces before but I wanna hear it from someone who has experienced it himself. My curiosity knows no bounds.
The Prophecy Disk revealed that Juno, Minerva, and Jupiter put Eve (half-human, half-first civ) at the head of the resistance against the first civ. Aveline was the only.one able to.access it, suggesting she had a close ancestral line to Eve. Her descendant has presumably been captured by Abstergo to get these memories. Do we have a female Desmond? Do we have OUR Eve?