PDA

View Full Version : Map Synching ~ Frontier

ProdiGurl
11-11-2012, 01:53 PM
Um... how do you get down from a synch if you notice there's no haystack to leap down onto from that height?
I tried on a previous tree to climb back down, but fell to my death.
Do I just leap off anyway? I'm stuck in a tree right now lol

freddie_1897
11-11-2012, 02:03 PM
just jump, you'll be fine

ProdiGurl
11-11-2012, 02:05 PM
K thanks for the quick reply, I'm taking the leap of faith now. :p

DSTRVCTION
11-11-2012, 02:07 PM
After trying that 3 times, I gave up. Now I just climb down again. Usually there is a haystack around, but I'm never able to see it from within the tree. 'Just jumping' should work when one's around, as that's what I used to do in previous games and it's also possible now. But with these trees, it just doesn't work.

DSTRVCTION
11-11-2012, 02:11 PM
I've actually got a question on synching as well. I've synched every viewpoint in the Frontier, but still large areas on my map are 'unexplored'. Do I really have to cross these on foot for them to show up on my map?

ProdiGurl
11-11-2012, 02:16 PM
Good Q, I just stumbled upon an 'undiscovered' fort that showed up on my map - but since I was doing some synchs in the area, I don't know if that would have uncovered that fort or not had I synchd it.
By the way, I died anyway - I must have lept from the wrong direction?? I jumped, landed on a lower branch of the tree & started to walk to the base of the branch & he just fell.
:( At least the sync still registers. Loving how the storms come in while free roaming.

DSTRVCTION
11-11-2012, 02:22 PM
No, you can only discover forts by getting close. I don't really know how that works. I think it has to be in your sight, after which it'll tell you you have discovered a new fort. They don't show up through synching viewpoints.

ProdiGurl
11-11-2012, 02:28 PM
Oh ok. thnx. I don't know what to do w/ forts.... not sure what wiping out a fort does? I do know there's LOTS of guards there.
I'm doing other stuff for now & saving it till later. Synching the map first in Frontier. I think a 2nd playthru will be even more awesome once you aren't wandering around like a clueless idiot. lol
I'll know what to prioritize then. :)
*edit in* & i just found the motherload of treasure chests. yeeee hahhhhhh :D

DSTRVCTION
11-11-2012, 02:37 PM
I can't remember exactly if they're tied to club quests and such. I do know though that there's a chest within those forts which contains either a lot of cash or a new recipe for crafting! They're good to train your stealth skills but I'm also saving them for later.
I don't like how you need high leveled artisans to craft most useful things (such as weapons). It'll take up to sequence 11 to get everyone of them reaching the highest level possible. What's the use of that? There's only one sequence left after .. I'd like to have everything during my playthrough, not afterwards. Same goes for recruiting assassin's

ProdiGurl
11-11-2012, 03:37 PM
Even MORE fun synching... in cougarville lol oh my gosh. risk with synchs. Finally I'm getting some button prompts without failing but I much prefer hiding in bushes to ambush them or drop kills.
I wonder if the Rope Dart works w/ cougars & bears? :rolleyes:

ProdiGurl
11-11-2012, 03:40 PM
I can't remember exactly if they're tied to club quests and such. I do know though that there's a chest within those forts which contains either a lot of cash or a new recipe for crafting! They're good to train your stealth skills but I'm also saving them for later.
I don't like how you need high leveled artisans to craft most useful things (such as weapons). It'll take up to sequence 11 to get everyone of them reaching the highest level possible. What's the use of that? There's only one sequence left after .. I'd like to have everything during my playthrough, not afterwards. Same goes for recruiting assassin's

I hate doing anything after the game is over (all main missions). I do like you do & get everything else done at least by the Seq. before the last one. I spread them all out. Things lose importance and it feels like it's over. At that point, I just start a new game & it brings it all alive again. I can see that I'm going to be doing tons of replay in AC3 :D

I hate to have to quit now, I had so much fun this game session I can't wait to play later today!!!!!!!!!!

DSTRVCTION
11-11-2012, 03:43 PM
I tried it on bears, you can't hang them nor get them killed at once. They'll run off eventually.
There's something in the accounting book named 'Bear dart' or whatever it is called. I don't know if you can actually use that once crafted and if it has the same purpose as the rope dart, except for bears. However, if you can use it, you won't be able to hang them I think. That would be cruel. Also Connor would be against it as he wants the animals to have a 'clean and painless' death.

UrDeviant1
11-11-2012, 03:46 PM
I'v been going for 100% sync and It's bloody hard work. I just picked up Halo 4 to have a bit of a break from It!

ProdiGurl
11-11-2012, 03:51 PM
I'm going to rent Halo 4 & see if I can get back into the title, but not for awhile yet - I'm way too busy w/ AC3 & finally mastering the new controls. Every new game I start messes up my familiarity w/ the controller & I hate doing that - my gameplay suffers till I pick it back up. :/