PDA

View Full Version : has anyone been able to do this kill/counter?

flavorcountry19
11-11-2012, 10:14 AM
its the kill at 30 seconds. im like 99% sure i have done that kill in the game but cant seem to do it again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVUMPrv8oRw

just to make sure you know what kill im talking about if you dont watch the video. its where you flip a guys musket through the air, land it upright and then slam the guys face onto the bayonet and then fire the gun.

and i did post this topic in the hints/tips forum but just want to get all opinions.

IMRicko
11-11-2012, 10:20 AM
its the kill at 30 seconds. im like 99% sure i have done that kill in the game but cant seem to do it again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVUMPrv8oRw

just to make sure you know what kill im talking about if you dont watch the video. its where you flip a guys musket through the air, land it upright and then slam the guys face onto the bayonet and then fire the gun.

and i did post this topic in the hints/tips forum but just want to get all opinions.

i haven't played the since I'm waiting for pc version, but as far as I know after watching some walkthroughs and free roam, I've never seen anyone did that finishing move in the game before. Maybe it was it the game buy they took it out for some reason along with other great stuff that were taken out from the game

kuled2012
11-11-2012, 10:42 AM
Just did this a minute ago! Counter an enemy and with a pistol equipped press the fire button, there are more animations than that one but I just did it.

flavorcountry19
11-11-2012, 10:50 AM
really? or are you just trolling? cause i have been trying to do it for like hours! what weapon did you have equipped? what enemy type was it against? and did you watch the video i posted so you actually know what kill it is cause i keep getting people talking about just killing people with the pistol and all that.

also im not talking about the kill where you make two people stab each other and then fire the guns.

Aphex_Tim
11-11-2012, 11:28 AM
what weapon did you have equipped?

Probably a musket. I'm gonna try it later today. I think it's indeed done by countering with a musket, then pressing triangle.

kuled2012
11-11-2012, 11:30 AM
really? or are you just trolling? cause i have been trying to do it for like hours! what weapon did you have equipped? what enemy type was it against? and did you watch the video i posted so you actually know what kill it is cause i keep getting people talking about just killing people with the pistol and all that.

also im not talking about the kill where you make two people stab each other and then fire the guns.

I just started a new save..I don't want to give out spoilers but...let's just say I'm on sequence 3, perhaps it's because of that? I just have the normal pistol equipped :S

flavorcountry19
11-11-2012, 11:33 AM
OH NO!! it might be exclusive to that character!!! SHOOT! im gonna replay a mission and try it.

DSTRVCTION
11-11-2012, 11:41 AM
If he has a normal pistol equiped, it is not the same .. You want to do this with a musket right? I've just tried it but it's not working.
I can only trigger one combo where Connor shoots after having stabbed the guy, but it's not this one.

flavorcountry19
11-11-2012, 11:44 AM
yeah i know it doesn't work with the musket it only has two different kills. but its not connor that has the musket or better yet from what the other guy says haythem. he uses the enemys musket to kill him.

DSTRVCTION
11-11-2012, 11:48 AM
The trailer shows Connor, and though I can't confirm this I would say they both have the same combat system. If you're using the normal pistol, you can obviously pull this of with Connor as well.

flavorcountry19
11-11-2012, 11:50 AM
im also trying to see if maybe i need to be in kinda thicker snow maybe that would effect it too. cause i think it would be kinda hard to make a musket stand upright on stone. maybe it has to land in some snow so it can stand up right. Kuled were you in snow?

kuled2012
11-11-2012, 11:52 AM
Now that you mention it, I was. I really doubt it can effect the animations that much though :S

flavorcountry19
11-11-2012, 11:53 AM
oh god i feel like you are just pulling my strings but............I WANT TO BELIEVE YOU!!

kuled2012
11-11-2012, 11:57 AM
Haha :p . I'm really not trolling. You sure you're countering before you fire right?

flavorcountry19
11-11-2012, 12:02 PM
yes! all i do is hit O(PS3) then triangle! and all he does is. pull them in with his hatchet then shoot there face. wrap them under his arm and shoot there face. slash them in the face then shoot them in the stomach. pimp slap them then shoot them in the back of the head.

kuled2012
11-11-2012, 12:07 PM
yes! all i do is hit O(PS3) then triangle! and all he does is. pull them in with his hatchet then shoot there face. wrap them under his arm and shoot there face. slash them in the face then shoot them in the stomach. pimp slap them then shoot them in the back of the head.
Oh my god...I think I just had a derp moment :nonchalance: I thought you were referring to the 'wrap under his arm' animation, until now I never noticed he used a musket in the trailer..I feel so dumb right now..Sorry..so so sorry for wasting your time *face palm*

flavorcountry19
11-11-2012, 12:09 PM
...............................:'(

flavorcountry19
11-11-2012, 12:12 PM
well..........i think this will end my hunt of this move... :'( could have sworn i did this move once.............(sigh) hey any developers or programmers watching this thread? is this move in........thanks.

Death_Angel733
11-11-2012, 12:14 PM
It's a trailer, meaning it's rendered not gameplay. Most AC games have non-canon trailers except Revelations where it is an actual mission. There are people claiming to have done this, best you try yourself.

flavorcountry19
11-11-2012, 12:15 PM
haha im one of those people claiming to have done it. but i cant seem to do it again!

DSTRVCTION
11-11-2012, 12:18 PM
I do know 100% sure the multiplayer character 'The Sharpshooter' can pull this off.

flavorcountry19
11-11-2012, 12:20 PM
yeah i have heard that too.

ne0oXx
11-11-2012, 03:15 PM
1: have tomahawk + pistol reAdy
2 get in a fight
3 wait for enemy to attack you ( red ! mark)
4: counter with B (xbox_) and in the slomo press Y (xbox_)

simple as that. just make sure you have the pistol as your secondary.

you will only be able to do it once, untill you reload the pistol

xx

easy

DSTRVCTION
11-11-2012, 03:24 PM
He wants to do this with a musket, not a pistol.

ne0oXx
11-11-2012, 03:38 PM
same thing.

after blocking the first attack of any enemy, just press Y. with a musket in hand you probly perform that move if there are no others :)

DSTRVCTION
11-11-2012, 03:46 PM
same thing.

after blocking the first attack of any enemy, just press Y. with a musket in hand you probly perform that move if there are no others :)

To trigger it would be the same yes, but I've tried to perform this move with a musket with no succes.

Edit: Maybe you should try the following: make sure you have a musket and start fighting with guards. Sometimes when two of them are trying to attack you at the same time a little cutscene is triggered when you counter. Maybe this move can be done during one of those cutscenes. You've got to fight a lot though to see if this will work, as I don't know how many cutscenes they've implemented for the musket. If you really want to know, you just got to try.

Scystab
11-11-2012, 05:12 PM
I've seen this move in another video and i am 100% that it was game play and not a cinematic or anything like it. It was during combat, with all teh triangles and what not you see while playing. However, i am not 100% if i saw it in an Ubisoft prelease gameplay or if it was a video from an actual player. I'll try to find it again

BBALive
11-11-2012, 05:19 PM
It doesn't seem to be in the game, at least not the single player.