PDA

View Full Version : An Extraordinary Man - Glitched

LinkAndLoad
11-11-2012, 09:01 AM
Once you have done all of the Homestead Missions and completed most of the game might be a good time to get the achievement done for completing The Encyclopedia of the Common Man. The characters do various activities around the Homestead and you must analyze them.

So I have done all that, everything is [3/3] but no achievement popped.
Took me hours to do all the missions and actually analyze all the characters.
For me me the farmers glitched, if I scan other Inhabitants it will say something like;'all the info for this worker is complete, check your book in your mansion' when I scan Warren or Prudence it will notify me with; 'This activity has already bin scanned'.

Some friends have the same issue.
I've encountered others with the same problems on other forums.

I must add, when I go to my logbook everything is [3/3] as I said before. I even did more on some occasion.
Beneath every Inhabitant in the 'Encyclopedia of the Common Man' it notes e.g: 'Blacksmith entry completed. Log updated in the manor.'
It does NOT say that with my farmers, it does state though: 'Inhabitants recorded; FARMERS [3/3]'

Staple-Tape
11-11-2012, 09:13 AM
This is exactly what happened to me. Word by word. Unfortunately, it's a bug and it's the only achievement stopping me from getting Platinum. Nothing can be done about it that is known. Wait for a patch I guess.

LinkAndLoad
11-11-2012, 09:21 AM
Yeah, I am worried when they DO patch it, we need another playtrough for it to unlock. :(

DSTRVCTION
11-11-2012, 11:53 AM
I believe this is glitched for a lot of people. Mine says: Woodworker (2/3), entry completed. The best thing to do is to NOT scan the artisans while they're working together with one another. I.E. the woodworker helping the miner. I can't confirm whether this will entirely prevent the glitch or not though.

mukwag
11-11-2012, 12:13 PM
I do not understand? I thought they do three activities in a day? Morning, Noon, Evening?
I already have the achievement.

DSTRVCTION
11-11-2012, 12:21 PM
I do not understand? I thought they do three activities in a day? Morning, Noon, Evening?
I already have the achievement.

No. There's more to be scanned, especially if they're with two ore more. I.E. the Innkeepers. You can scan both doing several activities, which in total will be more than three. It won't register though as three is enough for the entry to be completed.
I tried scanning the woodworker doing other activities, but it keeps saying the entry is already completed. I'll have to wait for a patch.

LinkAndLoad
11-11-2012, 08:50 PM
No. There's more to be scanned, especially if they're with two ore more. I.E. the Innkeepers. You can scan both doing several activities, which in total will be more than three. It won't register though as three is enough for the entry to be completed.
I tried scanning the woodworker doing other activities, but it keeps saying the entry is already completed. I'll have to wait for a patch.

I think that is also where the game messes it up with the stat tracking.

DSTRVCTION
11-11-2012, 09:08 PM
I think that is also where the game messes it up with the stat tracking.

Probably so. I didn't knew beforehand this would cause trouble. I scanned the woodworker helping the miner, I think that's why it's messed up now.

LinkAndLoad
12-01-2012, 06:13 AM
Is it fixed already? Haven't seen any info about this in the latest patch.

Black_Widow9
12-01-2012, 06:27 AM
Is it fixed already? Haven't seen any info about this in the latest patch.
Hello,
It was a part of the last patch here in the notes. It is spoilerish so if you want to just scroll down to Singleplayer, Location:Homestead, it is the very last one.
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/726389-Assassin-s-Creed-III-Thanksgiving-Patch-Spoilers-Forums

Side-quest "ENCYCLOPEDIA OF THE COMMON MAN", fixed a bug where the quest could sometimes not be completed

LinkAndLoad
12-01-2012, 06:29 AM
Thanks Black_Widow9, I must have looked over it!

montagemik
12-01-2012, 06:44 AM
Thanks Black_Widow9, I must have looked over it!

LOL That thanksgiving patch actually REMOVED the trophy plate from my cabinet at the homestead . ( So not sure how great a FIX it was )

Scanning EVERY task the farmers can perform often makes the trophy award pop for many who had it glitched.

Warren at the windmill & prudence baking bread or making butter are often missed .........you could try those.

LinkAndLoad
12-01-2012, 07:37 AM
I already did those before the patch, so I need to do an other playtrough :|

montagemik
12-01-2012, 08:00 AM
I already did those before the patch, so I need to do an other playtrough :|

So you've Scanned all 9 of the farmers tasks ??