PDA

View Full Version : Rabid dog liberation mission glitch help... please!

IamchaossthoughT
11-11-2012, 06:51 AM
So, I'm at 80% disputed for West District in NY.

There is no liberation mission symbol on the map.

I travel for over an hour on horseback looking for one.

Finally one pops up. Kill the rabid dog.

I gallop there.

There is a DEAD dog lying on the ground with the little red circle icon on him, telling me to kill him. You cannot free shoot in this game... it has to be targeted at something.

W. T. F.

If I cannot 100% this game b/c of this... I may go crazy.

pirate1802
11-11-2012, 07:00 AM
lol.. shooting a dead rabid dog.

Silent Running5
11-11-2012, 07:27 AM
I can't even find the dead dog, I can see the icon when i get out of the general area, but then when I go back to it, the icon dissapears, no dog no nothing then,

IamchaossthoughT
11-11-2012, 07:28 AM
Yea, I know, right. lol.

So, if this happens to anybody else, I just left the area a couple times and then it fixed itself. The first time I left the area though, I came back and it was a regular dog w/o liberation icon to kill it. But I did kill it anyway, and the ppl nearby weren't happy hahaha.

Caeser_of_Rome
11-11-2012, 07:35 AM
This Happens alot, like for guards, you'll kill them all then you'll see a red dot, like it's a ghost or something walking away. As for the Dog thing, I had that happen to me, but I kinda laid a trip mine to ambush a couple of guards, Didn't know the dog was right next to it, the Dog and the Guards went booom, and it said the dog wasn't dead, shot it a couple of times nothing happened, so I jumped off the top of a church.

P.S after jumping off church I could kill it. (by going back to checkpoint)

luvmitchrapp
01-12-2013, 03:23 AM
Same here. I've killed it once, then the guards come after you (if you don't do it from out of sight) and the dead dog lies there. The icon goes away but then keeps reappearing. At least once there was no dog and once there was a dead dog, for me. Bizarre. I thought maybe you had to kill the three guards too so once i did that but it didn't matter.

luvmitchrapp
01-12-2013, 03:24 AM
Yea, I know, right. lol.

So, if this happens to anybody else, I just left the area a couple times and then it fixed itself. The first time I left the area though, I came back and it was a regular dog w/o liberation icon to kill it. But I did kill it anyway, and the ppl nearby weren't happy hahaha.

Did that, didn't help. I've left the entire map, gone to the homestead, done some pegleg missions, left the animus, etc. Nothing has fixed it.

TheRealDABhand
01-12-2013, 04:37 PM
Actually this is well known, the real spot is half way up the west coast of the map, close to the Liberation guy you go to after completing the side missions.

You can however kill the dog where the icon is, but its tricky, kill the 4 guards surrounding the small area, then head south and until the area is gone from the mini-map and then go back north, the dog should be there and then have the red mark above its head - I think the guards being there forces the dog to become a guard dog hence the bug with the icon, they just need to remove the guards from that area and it should work in the future.