PDA

View Full Version : My overall review.

Azula2005
11-11-2012, 01:47 AM
Forgive the poor English,(only spoke it for about 2 years).
Coming from someone who has experienced the game only since ACII.
I realize now that over exaggerating is avid amongst the producers at Ubisoft, when marketing the wonderful game.

I was most excited for Brotherhood, but when we were introduced to Revelations..I was like "this is it..that's it, that's Jesus right there!" i was screaming from the fact that Ezio was 52 and has a white beard. It was jaw dropping.

But i could spot out how it was made to seem like the game of life, when played.."the clipping was never mentioned in the reviews by Alex Amancio?"

E.g: "So Ezio is on a personal quest to find a sanctum full of invaluable wisdom, be wary of the clipping when owning a sword, it'll go through your arm when breathing"

Now of course no game developers would ever reveal the negative information of their game that they worked months and years on?

but when it comes to that time when over millions will own one copy, millions will experience unsatisfying results, some more than others.
This has not ceased my excitement when patiently waiting and longing for this game.

ACIII
Now, that i currently own a copy in my possession and have finished it...

All that i need to say is thank you for your hard work. But truth be told..
unsatisfaction is apparent. But this is common, of course.

It's the little things that make the big picture. You can't own a Mona Lisa painting without owning a frame.
Ac had none, ACII had none, ACB had none, ACR had none.
Just ACIII
So i'll list them for better understanding and i'll thank Ubi for it.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for the little tomahawk swinging option. (as well as swords)

Thanks for the gradually walking into deep water effect.

and thanks for the mad/screaming face when fighting.

Thanks for the petting option.

Thank you for the covering your face when getting near a fire.
There are many more.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now, picture the game with out all that?

so, if it was not for these, the experience would have departed.

The mods do say are words are never left unseen.

Let this be a lesson.

Ciao

DSTRVCTION
11-11-2012, 01:52 AM
The swinging is really cool! Every time when I'm walking up to guards, I take out my tomahawk, do the swinging thing as I'm approaching them as a warning, after which I slaughter them. :rolleyes:

Azula2005
11-11-2012, 02:06 AM
The swinging is really cool! Every time when I'm walking up to guards, I take out my tomahawk, do the swinging thing as I'm approaching them as a warning, after which I slaughter them. :rolleyes:

It's the little things my friend..the lil things

roostersrule2
11-11-2012, 02:42 AM
Yes, I absolutely agree these are the things that make a game and it's also one reason why RDR is regarded so highly, like watching water run off a roof or a random guy commit suicide because his wife died. AC3 has these things like when you first enter Boston (Even though it was one off and scripted) everything described in that GI article happened like when that girl dropped her crate of apples and a thief steals one and legs it. It's one of those gaming moments you keep.

zhengyingli
11-11-2012, 03:07 AM
This should be the official "Little things thread!"

Out of every little things I've seen, how Connor's feet adjust to uneven terrain is something a lot of people take for granted, but is mind blowing to me.

roostersrule2
11-11-2012, 03:14 AM
Another things is the reload animation it's just so good, also when you watch someone take apart a pig they actually take apart the pig.

Dan Pen 97
11-11-2012, 03:26 AM
Another things is the reload animation it's just so good, also when you watch someone take apart a pig they actually take apart the pig.

That is good then don't you think.

ProdiGurl
11-11-2012, 03:27 AM
I was most impressed with Connor's new combat animations when he fights! The moves are the best of any AC I've played

roostersrule2
11-11-2012, 03:30 AM
That is good then don't you think.No I mean in a game when you see someone cutting wood or chopping up animals nothing happens but in AC3 the wood gets cut and the pigs get chopped.

Assassin_M
11-11-2012, 03:52 AM
Facial Animations were the closest thing to LA Noire.... While not being LA Noire or Red Dead Redemption... and that`s saying something
Horse Muscle Movements....It made the horses look much better
Idle Animations.. I`m a ninny like that :|
Animal Interactions in the forest....
Homestead Interactivity... My god did that place felt alive.. (I only wish it was for other small settlements as well)

Black_Widow9
11-11-2012, 03:59 AM
Please make sure you also add this here. It is for good as well. ;)
Assassin's Creed 3 Single Player Gameplay Feedback *DO NOT POST SPOILERS (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/720979)

Azula2005
11-11-2012, 06:25 AM

Out of every little things I've seen, how Connor's feet adjust to uneven terrain is something a lot of people take for granted, but is mind blowing to me.

They did say they worked allot when making him move around on uneven terrain

pirate1802
11-11-2012, 06:39 AM

Agreed! Lets reform this into the Official Lil' Things thread!

zhengyingli
11-11-2012, 07:17 AM
Another trivia:

The Homestead is the major source of spontaneous conversations (not shown on the map). Just a few hours ago, I walked past this couple asking an educated man to read a letter they received from overseas. Without the icons telling me where these non-consequential banters taking place, anybody could've missed it outright. I've spent the next several hours just looking for these trivial tidbits. I've got this to say to Ubisoft: If you promise to work as hard for the next AC in social behaviour as you did with the social behavior of the Homesteaders, you've got a worshipper! I'm having high hopes for a next-gen AC game with cities fully equiped with Homestead social behaviours. /fan-gasm.

XalonIsHere
11-11-2012, 07:48 AM
I have not yet purchased the game and intend to get it tomorrow for PS3 but, from the videos I've seen from Ghostrobo's channel and such the sword fighting looks so awesome.

DSTRVCTION
11-11-2012, 10:57 AM
Facial Animations were the closest thing to LA Noire.... While not being LA Noire or Red Dead Redemption... and that`s saying something
Horse Muscle Movements....It made the horses look much better
Idle Animations.. I`m a ninny like that :|
Animal Interactions in the forest....
Homestead Interactivity... My god did that place felt alive.. (I only wish it was for other small settlements as well)

They do look better, but still horrible to me actually. If you've played Red Dead Redemption, you'll end up wanting nothing else but those horses.