PDA

View Full Version : Patch hype !!!!!

scotland124
11-10-2012, 11:11 PM
I am more excited for a patch for Assassin's creed 3 than I was for the actual game and I was excited for this game more than any other game I have ever bought. I feel that once this patch comes out we might get the Assassin's creed 3 that was shown in those demo's, trailers and developer diaries hopefully. What do you guys hope will be in the patch post below!!!

LoyalACFan
11-10-2012, 11:15 PM
Some glitch fixes and maybe a hood up/down toggle...

Nothing to get that excited about...

scotland124
11-10-2012, 11:21 PM
Yeah buddy when you have framerate problems like me and you can't even enjoy the basic functions of the game you have my permission to get excited (sorry just had to use that meme hehe) hell I don't even have time to worry about connor having his hood down at the end or the minor glitches everyone else complains about so excuse me if I get excited for a patch that could potentially make Assassin's creed 3 playable/enjoyable for me :)

Assassin_M
11-11-2012, 12:00 AM
Yeah buddy when you have framerate problems like me and you can't even enjoy the basic functions of the game you have my permission to get excited (sorry just had to use that meme hehe) hell I don't even have time to worry about connor having his hood down at the end or the minor glitches everyone else complains about so excuse me if I get excited for a patch that could potentially make Assassin's creed 3 playable/enjoyable for me :)
Frame rate issues will not be fixed..Its your Console, not the game..

I`v had no frame rate issues.

Krayus Korianis
11-11-2012, 12:04 AM

This. It's the truth.

scotland124
11-11-2012, 12:33 AM

Oh sorry boss man I guess I should buy a new one huh well you've helped me see the error of my ways....... of course my console now why didn't I think of that.....
Funny how every other game works fine on it hmmm maybe Assassin's creed 3 is just too powerful for it ... and all those other people also complaining about this issue also coincidentally had their consoles break as soon as they popped in assassin's creed 3.....

Oh and as for you not experiencing any framerate problems that's a lie how about going to digital foundry and looking at their frame tests the frame rates constantly fluctuate but oh that's right you must have a super duper turbo console capable of handling anything Assassin's creed 3 can throw at it. Wow it's one thing to not notice frame rate fluctuations but to go out of your way to say that my console is broken just to defend a game yeah because you know the condition of my console right... where do you get off buddy??? Why don't you go back to your "Peace" thread where you can dream of the "golden age" of this forum pffffft...

I didn't disrespect the developers did I??? All I said was that it needs a fix you are by far the most annoying person on this forum all we should apparently care about is your opinion but everyone else's is invalid you do a frame test of the game and record the results and then I'll admit you have no frame rate issues. I also never mentioned that the degree of the frame rate issues I am having affect everybody as some really good T.Vs can mask the majority of frame rate problems but hey you KNOW EVERYTHING RIGHT -_-

LightRey
11-11-2012, 12:37 AM
Oh sorry boss man I guess I should buy a new one huh well you've helped me see the error of my ways....... of course my console now why didn't I think of that.....
Funny how every other game works fine on it hmmm maybe Assassin's creed 3 is just too powerful for it ... and all those other people also complaining about this issue also coincidentally had their consoles break as soon as they popped in assassin's creed 3.....

Oh and as for you not experiencing any framerate problems that's a lie how about going to digital foundry and looking at their frame tests the frame rates constantly fluctuate but oh that's right you must have a super duper turbo console capable of handling anything Assassin's creed 3 can throw at it. Wow it's one thing to not notice frame rate fluctuations but to go out of your way to say that my console is broken just to defend a game yeah because you know the condition of my console right... where do you get off buddy??? Why don't you go back to your "Peace" thread where you can dream of the "golden age" of this forum pffffft...

I didn't disrespect the developers did I??? All I said was that it needs a fix you are by far the most annoying person on this forum all we should apparently care about is your opinion but everyone else's is invalid you do a frame test of the game and record the results and then I'll admit you have no frame rate issues. I also never mentioned that the degree of the frame rate issues I am having affect everybody as some really good T.Vs can mask the majority of frame rate problems but hey you KNOW EVERYTHING RIGHT -_-
Again, he (and many others) aren't having any frame rate issues on their consoles, so either you're very much exaggerating or your frame rate issues are caused by some issues specific to your console or game. Usually it's the console.

Assassin_M
11-11-2012, 12:42 AM

I love you too:)

scotland124
11-11-2012, 12:47 AM
Again, he (and many others) aren't having any frame rate issues on their consoles, so either you're very much exaggerating or your frame rate issues are caused by some issues specific to your console or game. Usually it's the console.

The gameplay is choppy not slow that's why people won't notice it as much and that's why I said good T.V.s can mask this problem there is nothing wrong with my console and why are you disregarding the people who have the same problem as me..... you are basically stating that a lot of other people have had issues with their console suddenly arise when they bought assassin's creed 3 ... when I say frame rate problems I am talking about the unlocked frame rate in the cities which constantly fluctuates the frame rate is smooth in the frontier and homestead and it can also get pretty smooth in the cities when there aren't as many NPC's on screen but this never usually lasts too long .... you guys sound like the guys who thought that people had broken PS3's with the Skyrim frame rate fiasco just because your version was fine although they were in the minority as that was a more severe issue ....

Assassin_M
11-11-2012, 12:49 AM
The gameplay is choppy not slow that's why people won't notice it as much and that's why I said good T.V.s can mask this problem there is nothing wrong with my console and why are you disregarding the people who have the same problem as me..... you are basically stating that a lot of other people have had issues with their console suddenly arise when they bought assassin's creed 3 ... when I say frame rate problems I am talking about the unlocked frame rate in the cities which constantly fluctuates the frame rate is smooth in the frontier and homestead and it can also get pretty smooth in the cities when there aren't as many NPC's on screen but this never usually lasts too long .... you guys sound like the guys who thought that people had broken PS3's with the Skyrim frame rate fiasco just because your version was fine although they were in the minority as that was a more severe issue ....
Either way... Frame rate issues will not be fixed:)

Deal with it..:)

PS I love you:)

LightRey
11-11-2012, 12:52 AM
I'm not disregarding anyone. You're the first person I've heard complain about the frame rate. Also, "good T.V.s can mask this problem"? Seriously? That's bs. TV's just play the video data they're sent. If your TV isn't playing it optimally, it's because your TV is either broken or otherwise incapable of processing the video data properly.

scottmapex
11-11-2012, 12:53 AM
Well i got in touch with the support team at Ubisoft about the terrible frame rate in Boston and New York and the guy got back in touch saying the devs were aware of it and should be fixed in the next patch. So yeah don't jump to conclusions , could happen.

How can it be my console? its a brand new ps3. Like less than a year old.

They cant just leave the frame rate as it is. Its terrible.

scotland124
11-11-2012, 12:53 AM
I love you too:)

yeah I have calm down a bit sorry about that really overreacted never meant for the personal attack wasn't even concentrating in what I was typing but people keep telling me that I have something wrong with my TV or console and I spent the last week checking/testing out all of my stuff ( to find that nothing is wrong ) just so I could enjoy the game definitely my most wanted game this year and I'm annoyed that it can get a bit choppy which ruins the fluidity of the game for me. ............. truce??? :P

Assassin_M
11-11-2012, 12:55 AM
yeah I have calm down a bit sorry about that really overreacted never meant for the personal attack wasn't even concentrating in what I was typing but people keep telling me that I have something wrong with my TV or console and I spent the last week checking/testing out all of my stuff ( to find that nothing is wrong ) just so I could enjoy the game definitely my most wanted game this year and I'm annoyed that it can get a bit choppy which ruins the fluidity of the game for me. ............. truce??? :P
Truce:)

And I hope you get what you want..:D

scotland124
11-11-2012, 12:56 AM
Well i got in touch with the support team at Ubisoft about the terrible frame rate in Boston and New York and the guy got back in touch saying the devs were aware of it and should be fixed in the next patch. So yeah don't jump to conclusions , could happen.

Finally someone who gets it I love you man I get people telling me the exact same thing.... my xbox 360 is the latest model and is barely a year old and is very well looked after ... thanks for the info about them working on it the no feedback thing from the dev team was driving me crazy :D

scotland124
11-11-2012, 12:57 AM

Finally someone who gets it I love you man I get people telling me the exact same thing.... my xbox 360 is the latest model and is barely a year old and is very well looked after ... thanks for the info about them working on it the no feedback thing from the dev team was driving me crazy :D

scotland124
11-11-2012, 12:58 AM
Truce:)

And I hope you get what you want..:D

Thanks man again sorry about the attack... and I hope so too .... :D

scotland124
11-11-2012, 12:59 AM
I'm not disregarding anyone. You're the first person I've heard complain about the frame rate. Also, "good T.V.s can mask this problem"? Seriously? That's bs. TV's just play the video data they're sent. If your TV isn't playing it optimally, it's because your TV is either broken or otherwise incapable of processing the video data properly.

Ever heard of higher refresh rates ???? -_-

Assassin_M
11-11-2012, 01:00 AM
Thanks man again sorry about the attack... and I hope so too .... :D
No Problem.. We all have our outbursts

MRNMRSPACER
11-11-2012, 01:00 AM
i have no frame rate issues either...

scotland124
11-11-2012, 01:03 AM
Good for you whats the point of posting then ??? No hate intended but this thread is if you do have problems with the game, just a friendly heads up :D

Krayus Korianis
11-11-2012, 01:06 AM
Higher refresh rates won't help with frame rates... That's just idiotic to think that.

Your console is a year old? How much do you play it in a week? It's most likely the Blu-Ray drive poopin' the bed. AND for everyone's knowledge, IF you install a game to your hard drive it'll be read like the Blu-Ray drive/DvD drive read it, not the other way around.

LightRey
11-11-2012, 01:08 AM
You do realize that if your TV doesn't have a high refresh rate, the framerate will be crappy with everything you're watching on it, right? It also won't "mask" anything if it's high either.

scotland124
11-11-2012, 01:18 AM
errm yes higher refresh rates do help with frame rates and specifically what I am talking about is the judder effect most 60Hz TVs sync up nicely with 30 FPS but not anything that fluctuates as much as AC3's does ... why do you think PC gaming monitor have higher refresh rates than standard HDTV's.... PC gaming handles frame rates of up to 60 Fps and higher which require higher refresh rates to remove the judder effect ..... I am not saying I am getting consistent low frame rates I am saying that the frame rate is constantly changing leaving a judder effect doesn't matter if it's high or not it can go up to 40 then drop down to 30 then up to 38 then down to 26 then up to 35 then down to 24 etc ..... PS.. I'm on Xbox 360

scotland124
11-11-2012, 01:23 AM
You do realize that if your TV doesn't have a high refresh rate, the framerate will be crappy with everything you're watching on it, right? It also won't "mask" anything if it's high either.

I admit "mask" was a poor choice of words but some Tv's can make the motion appear more fluid than others :)

Krayus Korianis
11-11-2012, 01:24 AM
errm yes higher refresh rates do help with frame rates and specifically what I am talking about is the judder effect most 60Hz TVs sync up nicely with 30 FPS but not anything that fluctuates as much as AC3's does ... why do you think PC gaming monitor have higher refresh rates than standard HDTV's.... PC gaming handles frame rates of up to 60 Fps and higher which require higher refresh rates to remove the judder effect ..... I am not saying I am getting consistent low frame rates I am saying that the frame rate is constantly changing leaving a judder effect doesn't matter if it's high or not it can go up to 40 then drop down to 30 then up to 38 then down to 26 then up to 35 then down to 24 etc ..... PS.. I'm on Xbox 360

Wrong. That's only when Vertical Sync is off. Can you turn the V-Sync off on an Xbox? No. But That's also when the Frame Rate isn't CAPPED. PC monitors only have higher refresh rates because it's easier to look at than 60 Hz. Anything 75 Hz or 85 Hz is better for your eyes. You don't get eye fatigue with it. Also, refresh rate has NO bearing on Frame Rate jitters. Trust me, I've had plenty of graphics cards. I've experienced the good and bad with them.

Also, HOW do you know what your frame rate is? You can't tell that on an Xbox or PS3. On PC there are tools that overlay for the FPS in real time.

It's called Frame Rate Jitter. When it constantly fluctuates.

scottmapex
11-11-2012, 01:27 AM

Your welcome man.

Im glad the devs know about it..

The frontier and homestead both look fantastic and smooth. But as soon as i get into Boston and NPC's get on screen it starts slowing down.
Its even worse if im free running over rooftops. Its awful.

Dont get me started on New York. Not only does it have awful frame rate and screen tearing , it also has a tremendous amount of pop in and disappearing NPC's.

Ubisoft better fix this. I love the AC games. However i wont be supporting the franchise much longer if they don't fix this game.

scotland124
11-11-2012, 01:27 AM
jitter or judder same thing ..... also go to eurogamer - digital foundry to see the frame rates on console hope that helps :D

scotland124
11-11-2012, 01:30 AM
Wrong. That's only when Vertical Sync is off. Can you turn the V-Sync off on an Xbox? No. But That's also when the Frame Rate isn't CAPPED. PC monitors only have higher refresh rates because it's easier to look at than 60 Hz. Anything 75 Hz or 85 Hz is better for your eyes. You don't get eye fatigue with it. Also, refresh rate has NO bearing on Frame Rate jitters. Trust me, I've had plenty of graphics cards. I've experienced the good and bad with them.

Also, HOW do you know what your frame rate is? You can't tell that on an Xbox or PS3. On PC there are tools that overlay for the FPS in real time.

It's called Frame Rate Jitter. When it constantly fluctuates.

yeah vertical sync is on but the framerate isn't capped in the cities .. BOSTON - NEW YORK ... that's why frame rate is really smooth for me in the frontier and homestead because it is capped there at 30 FPS..... for xbox 360 atleast ... :D

Krayus Korianis
11-11-2012, 01:30 AM
yeah vertical sync is on but the framerate isn't capped in the cities .. BOSTON - NEW YORK ... that's why frame rate is really smooth for me in the frontier and homestead because it is capped for xbox 360 atleast ... :D
Actually, V-sync isn't capped at all. There's some tearing (CLEAR SIGN that V-sync is turned off). Frame rate is capped to I believe 30 FPS.

scotland124
11-11-2012, 01:32 AM
Your welcome man.

Im glad the devs know about it..

The frontier and homestead both look fantastic and smooth. But as soon as i get into Boston and NPC's get on screen it starts slowing down.
Its even worse if im free running over rooftops. Its awful.

Dont get me started on New York. Not only does it have awful frame rate and screen tearing , it also has a tremendous amount of pop in and disappearing NPC's.

Ubisoft better fix this. I love the AC games. However i wont be supporting the franchise much longer if they don't fix this game.

Well I don't get any screen tearing but I am experiencing everything else you are I am also glad they know about it to :D

scotland124
11-11-2012, 01:34 AM
Actually, V-sync isn't capped at all. There's some tearing (CLEAR SIGN that V-sync is turned off). Frame rate is capped to I believe 30 FPS.

V-sync is permanent it is not off and framerate is not capped to 30 FPS in the cities just go to google type in "digital foundry assassin's creed 3 FACE OFF " and you will get all the info there..... I don't get any tearing at all

playassassins1
11-11-2012, 01:35 AM
I'm having Frame-rate issues too... So he's not the only one.

Assassin_M
11-11-2012, 01:36 AM
We know..

scotland124
11-11-2012, 01:37 AM

YAY Welcome to the club .... to be honest not a great club to be a part of is it ?? hehe :P

playassassins1
11-11-2012, 01:38 AM
We know..

Though we're both on different consoles.

scotland124
11-11-2012, 01:40 AM
Though we're both on different consoles.

Yup both consoles are suffering unfortunately .. :(

MohMurad
11-11-2012, 01:55 AM
I always get better framerate when I'm inside, or when I'm looking at a building while standing right next to it. But if I'm outside in Boston I'm guessing I sometimes get 28 FPS at a stable rate for nearly half the time. On the 360. And I put my console display settings on 1080p, but I only have a HD ready TV, if I lower it to 720p or the default 480p will it be smoother? Will try this tomorrow.

scotland124
11-11-2012, 02:00 AM
28 is not okay for 2012 especially since none of the footage they showed pre-release hinted at that although why would it not exactly good advertising ... i'm not even angry as long as they fix it :)

Chocoburger
11-11-2012, 02:18 AM
Wow, let's clear up some things:

1) Chances of a patch improving the framerate is very low, I'm inclined to say zero, but maybe Ubisoft will find a way to slightly improve it, though I don't expect that. I'm on Xbox 360 with zero framerate issues, an older Elite console.

2) The framerate is not capped on Xbox 360 it can flucuate between 30-45 FPS depending on the background. If you're swimming and have the camera pointed away from land, it will jump up to 45, if you're on land, it typically is at 30. Rarely does it drop during moments with lots of NPCs fighting and only briefly.

3) TVs can't mask framerates, stop saying this, bad framerates show up just as easily on any type of TV.

4) PS3 games can have a stuttering issue (I've been dealing with it for a couple of years), it is possible that any stuttering you're experiencing is due to your PS3 hard drive. When I played Heavenly Sword, the game would 'hitch up' every 10 seconds throughout the entire game which is not what other people experienced when playing the game. I'm pretty sure it was the hard drive since it doesn't happen with each of my games, but it does happen on a few downloadable titles.

5) If the software coding for the PS3 version is really that poor (I haven't seen it in action) then that's too bad. The game was very much rushed unpolished for both systems, hopefully patch #2 will fix some glitches for everyone.

playassassins1
11-11-2012, 02:30 AM

1) Chances of a patch improving the framerate is very low, I'm inclined to say zero, but maybe Ubisoft will find a way to slightly improve it, though I don't expect that. I'm on Xbox 360 with zero framerate issues, an older Elite console.

2) The framerate is not capped on Xbox 360 it can flucuate between 30-45 FPS depending on the background. If you're swimming and have the camera pointed away from land, it will jump up to 45, if you're on land, it typically is at 30. Rarely does it drop during moments with lots of NPCs fighting and only briefly.

3) TVs can't mask framerates, stop saying this, bad framerates show up just as easily on any type of TV.

4) PS3 games can have a stuttering issue (I've been dealing with it for a couple of years), it is possible that any stuttering you're experiencing is due to your PS3 hard drive. When I played Heavenly Sword, the game would 'hitch up' every 10 seconds throughout the entire game which is not what other people experienced when playing the game. I'm pretty sure it was the hard drive since it doesn't happen with each of my games, but it does happen on a few downloadable titles.

5) If the software coding for the PS3 version is really that poor (I haven't seen it in action) then that's too bad. The game was very much rushed unpolished for both systems, hopefully patch #2 will fix some glitches for everyone.

You can't really say it's the hard drive causing it.... Unless everyone on PS3 has a problem with their hard drive, which I highly doubt :p

The framerate on ps3 can be great sometimes, and very smooth. But as soon as I reach the crowded areas in Boston or new york, things will start to get bad.

scotland124
11-11-2012, 02:31 AM

Wow let me clear stuff up :

very low what are you talking about remember the patch for skyrim for ps3 players... anyway I have already mentioned how the game is capped how about reading previous posts it is only uncapped in the cities i.e. Boston and New York ... I also already said that "mask" was a poor choice of words but some T.V;s can improve the motion fluidity by using less processing effects without sacrificing picture quality like the "game" mode you get on some TV's... I don't have a PS3 already mentioned that ..... plus someone has already mentioned that Ubisoft are aware of this problem and that they are working on it ..... plus it is simple to fix the stutter simply cap the framerate in the cities to 30FPS therefore no stutter / dips however this could effect permanent V-sync although I don't really see how unless this game is really making the consoles sweat and like I said to the other guy I'm talking about frame rate stutter not drops

Assassin_M
11-11-2012, 02:31 AM
You can't really say it's the hard drive causing it.... Unless everyone on PS3 has a problem with their hard drive, which I highly doubt :p
Most*

Chocoburger
11-11-2012, 02:37 AM

The framerate on ps3 can be great sometimes, and very smooth. But as soon as I reach the crowded areas in Boston or new york, things will start to get bad.

Well I skimmed through most of the posts, no one was really clear about what they're experiencing. Is it a HITCH (not related to framerate), or is the the actual framerate dropping. Because almost everyone is spouting multiple falsities, it's hard to say. A lot of incorrect technical words are being thrown about haphazardly in this thread. If it is a hitch, then there is a chance about it being related to your hard drive. I've had this hitch issue with multiple other games from Heavenly Sword to, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD and Back to the Future, and more.

I never experience this on Xbox 360, only with my PS3, and I've had other HDD issues as well with my PS3, so don't think the possibly doesn't exist. Assuming it's a hitch of course and not poorly optimized software.

Wow let me clear stuff up :

very low what are you talking about remember the patch for skyrim for ps3 players... anyway I have already mentioned how the game is capped how about reading previous posts it is only uncapped in the cities i.e. Boston and New York ... I also already said that "mask" was a poor choice of words but some T.V;s can improve the motion fluidity by using less processing effects without sacrificing picture quality like the "game" mode you get on some TV's... I don't have a PS3 already mentioned that ..... plus someone has already mentioned that Ubisoft are aware of this problem and that they are working on it ..... plus it is simple to fix the stutter simply cap the framerate in the cities to 30FPS therefore no stutter / dips however this could effect permanent V-sync although I don't really see how unless this game is really making the consoles sweat

Wall of text. Too many periods. Not reading.

playassassins1
11-11-2012, 02:46 AM
Well I skimmed through most of the posts, no one was really clear about what they're experiencing. Is it a HITCH (not related to framerate), or is the the actual framerate dropping. Because almost everyone is spouting multiple falsities, it's hard to say. A lot of incorrect technical words are being thrown about haphazardly in this thread. If it is a hitch, then there is a chance about it being related to your hard drive. I've had this hitch issue with multiple other games from Heavenly Sword to, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD and Back to the Future, and more.

I never experience this on Xbox 360, only with my PS3, and I've had other HDD issues as well with my PS3, so don't think the possibly doesn't exist. Assuming it's a hitch of course and not poorly optimized software.

I've had problems with my hard drive too, and yeah, it's been causing many games to have hitches. In AC III, it sure doesn't look like hitches, but actual frame drops. I can be wrong though, since hitches can be confused with frame drops....

scotland124
11-11-2012, 02:47 AM

yeah hard to see yourself proven wrong and now that I've said that no doubt you'll probably read it and come back with another insightful smart comment can I just ask you what is the point in you being here if you don't have these framerate problems that apparently only PS3 players with mucked up hard drives have ???

scottmapex
11-11-2012, 02:57 AM
Considering some people seem too get confused over what the problem actually is.. ill put it in simple English.

Bad frame rate drops in cities. When loads of NPC's are on screen it becomes really bad. Even worse when free running over rooftops.

Frontier and Homestead run perfectly smooth so obviously Ubisoft need to fix something with the cities.

Ive heard a lot of people saying this only happens on PS3 but the fact of the matter is both consoles can suffer from it.

And last but not least .. all the people saying " Ubisoft wont fix this , they cant herp derp " are obviously talking **** as i contacted Ubisoft and they told me the devs were aware of it and it should be adressed in the next patch.

Its simple. I doubt its the hard drives problem as i hardly play my ps3 so my hard drive is pretty much empty and not used. Yet i experience severe frame drops in cities.

scotland124
11-11-2012, 02:59 AM
Considering some people seem too get confused over what the problem actually is.. ill put it in simple English.

Bad frame rate drops in cities. When loads of NPC's are on screen it becomes really bad. Even worse when free running over rooftops.

Frontier and Homestead run perfectly smooth so obviously Ubisoft need to fix something with the cities.

Ive heard a lot of people saying this only happens on PS3 but the fact of the matter is both consoles can suffer from it.

And last but not least .. all the people saying " Ubisoft wont fix this , they cant herp derp " are obviously talking **** as i contacted Ubisoft and they told me the devs were aware of it and it should be adressed in the next patch.

Its simple. I doubt its the hard drives problem as i hardly play my ps3 so my hard drive is pretty much empty and not used. Yet i experience severe frame drops in cities.

THIS .... one person gets it at least :D

Chocoburger
11-11-2012, 03:01 AM
I've had problems with my hard drive too, and yeah, it's been causing many games to have hitches. In AC III, it sure doesn't look like hitches, but actual frame drops. I can be wrong though, since hitches can be confused with frame drops....

Ubisoft tends to make games that run better on Xbox 360 unfortunately. That and obviously it was rushed for both platforms. If there are framerate issues, you may have to live with them, or switch to another console, it's too bad, but that's the way it goes. Not one game that I can think of on consoles got a patch that has improved framerates, so I don't see why anyone would expect AC III to break tradition, would be nice though.

yeah hard to see yourself proven wrong and now that I've said that no doubt you'll probably read it and come back with another insightful smart comment can I just ask you what is the point in you being here if you don't have these framerate problems that apparently only PS3 players with mucked up hard drives have ???

Wut the heck are you rambling about? Pretty sure a poster with poorly formatted posts and abuses ellipses could not prove me wrong when I'm speaking from experience. But try again, kiddo. ;)

playassassins1
11-11-2012, 03:06 AM
Ubisoft tends to make games that run better on Xbox 360 unfortunately. That and obviously it was rushed for both platforms. If there are framerate issues, you may have to live with them, or switch to another console, it's too bad, but that's the way it goes. Not one game that I can think of on consoles got a patch that has improved framerates, so I don't see why anyone would expect AC III to break tradition, would be nice though.

Well, this gen is basically dead. So I expected something like this to happen.

Blind2Society
11-11-2012, 03:15 AM
There should be no hype for Ubisoft making us pay to be their quality assurance department.

Just my take on the matter.

scotland124
11-11-2012, 03:18 AM

Wut the heck are you rambling about? Pretty sure a poster with poorly formatted posts and abuses ellipses could not prove me wrong when I'm speaking from experience. But try again, kiddo. ;)

ahh yes the popular patronizing internet phrase " kiddo" while obviously you have no real information about me you believe you can tower above me with this awesome piece of condescension. Well done 'Sir'.

You have no input into this thread you are here to show off your "experience", wow. Glad to see the grammar nazi's are still in fashion sorry for the over use of ellipses at least I know your weakness now pfft. How about pissing off mate if you can't add anything to this thread there is no point in you being here. Oh and I can't prove you wrong because off my grammar yeah pull the other one mate. I wrote a comment on a forum not a dissertation. So maybe you can take your experience elsewhere. Of course you can try again, Grandpa.

P.S. You can't think of one game that got a patch to improve frame rates, Skyrim for the PS3 .

scottmapex
11-11-2012, 03:27 AM
I think its so ridiculous how some people justify these issues with the game.

There is no excuse for ****ty frame rate in a game .. especially one that was in development for 3 years and had a bloody blockbuster budget.

NO the fact that it is the end of this gen of consoles is not an excuse for bad frame rate. Like i said no excuse for it.

Ubisoft went on and on AND ON about how the game can handle up to 2000 NPC's. Well no it cant on my console , because i get like 10 fps when i have over 30 NPC's on screen.

I wont be buying another Ubi game if they don't address this properly.

scotland124
11-11-2012, 03:32 AM
I think its so ridiculous how some people justify these issues with the game.

There is no excuse for ****ty frame rate in a game .. especially one that was in development for 3 years and had a bloody blockbuster budget.

NO the fact that it is the end of this gen of consoles is not an excuse for bad frame rate. Like i said no excuse for it.

Ubisoft went on and on AND ON about how the game can handle up to 2000 NPC's. Well no it cant on my console , because i get like 10 fps when i have over 30 NPC's on screen.

I wont be buying another Ubi game if they don't address this properly.

I'm sick and tired of people coming here trying to defend the game because they aren't experiencing the same problem as us, it's getting boring. I honestly don't care if you aren't experiencing the same problem good for you now piss off is all I can say. People who try to tell me that there is something wrong with my console can also just **** right off.

Black_Widow9
11-11-2012, 03:42 AM
I'm sorry what was this Topic about?

You need to agree to disagree or I'm locking this.

scotland124
11-11-2012, 03:49 AM
I'm sorry what was this Topic about?

You need to agree to disagree or I'm locking this.

Well it started out about what people would like in the patch or what they thought would be in it.... I said I personally needed fixes with the frame rates, then a ton people tried to convince me I was using a broken console and that a fix for that issue was not coming. Despite the fact no one who posted has any "official" info as to what will be in the patch and it went downhill from there. Hopefully, people will actually post stuff about what this thread was actually about, now. :)

united1964
11-11-2012, 03:50 AM
Is there a patch for AC3 for xbox 360 many bugs??????? But agree lots of proplems with AC3

scotland124
11-11-2012, 03:53 AM
Is there a patch for AC3 for xbox 360 many bugs??????? But agree lots of proplems with AC3

Ubisoft are working on one but there is no exact date/time as to when it will be released however expect more info in the near future I suspect.

Saqaliba
11-11-2012, 03:56 AM
What I would like from a new patch:

RECRUITS:

Make them more versatile. Tweek their abilities. So clunky at the moment:

Lure - often never lures the guards away, the simply run up and down the street like a cat and mouse. It looks stupid.
Marksman - Hardly ever shoot the guards, mostly the recruits just start combat without shooting. Make this more like a Bullet Storm from above.
Bodyguard - Patch the dismiss button to something other than circle (PS3) and have them execute the guards quicker. I often get detected before they silence them, so it makes this ability useless.
Ambush - Again, quicker response time. Too slow, guards reach target before my Assassin's respond more often than not. Can't place an ambush from hiding-spots!!!!! WTF!
Riot - Make it so that if you are near the crowd, you cannot get detected - That's the idea of the riot right?! A decoy. I often get detected if I am anywhere in the vicinity just watching the Riot. Plus, I hardly ever use this because you have so many Riot civilians anyway.
Covert Escort - Sometimes my Assassin's are dressed as Red Coats, when calling them with other Abilities! WTF!
Call Backup - It never works when I am running from guards. And I don't want back-up, I want to access my Assassin's abilities, during combat. If you wanna keep it. Why not make it an ability rather than a compulsory thing.

The abilities are clunky, I use them to avoid open conflict, but they all usually lead to open conflict because they are not polished well enought to do what they should be doing. The right idea is there, but this is one of the most unrefined system in the game. A DLC patch to completely replace the current Recruit system is well needed. And all abilities should be able to be accessed anytime, anywhere. I.e. from horse-back, hiding-spots and blend situations (like they were in Brotherhood). And I would like them in the Frontier cities, like Lexington and Concord.

APPEARANCE:

Despite the obvious glitches. ACIII is a sexy game on the eyes. But dang, where are all the customizations and outfits we were promised. I read articles saying ACIII would have more customization options than any previous AC games, and there are LESS!!!!

The fans have been asking this for years now:

* The ability to remove hood. You don't even need a button to do this. Just an option in the animus menu! HOOD ON/OFF. Easy
* Give us the outfits that we see in the game: Naval Outfit, the Mercenary Outfit etc. Those are the sexiest costumes in the game and you give us all the boring ones to play with.
* Remove weapons option! Have we not been asking this for so long now. **** the synchronisation system. Your plot devices should not dictate to you how your game should appear. You should dictate to it what it should look like, and tweak your plot devices accordingly.

GAMEPLAY:

*Having one button doing too many things. Give us the option to assign our own buttons to actions. The Assassin does one thing when I want him to do something else. I press circle to jump fences, interact, disband recruits, pickpocket, loot, pick-up body, drop weapon, swap weapon. OMG! That is too much. Keep the content, but deal with button assignment better. It only takes one contextual error to make the Assassin break his cover and instigate a full-scale combat.
* Sometimes when I want Connor to go under an obstacle he goes over it, even though I am holding down circle! My understanding is that during free-run the X = over obstacle/up and circle = under obstacle/down. This is still clunky. Fix it.
*Since you took the "Assassin's Claw" away, you said you would implement X to go up. I try run through a door (the pass-through) when guards are chasing me and I go up the wall if I miss the door even slightly. Implement it so that R1 makes you free run and X make you Free-run up. The 'claw' should be used for climbing. With this new system, I find myself going up ****, when I just want to stay on the ground. The other problem is that if I now want to 'jog' rather than sprint I have to control it using the amount of pressure I put on the Left stick. This is annoying. You have essentially removed one navigational benefit - even though you have boasted that the game is about navigation.

willstannard
11-11-2012, 04:10 AM
ahh yes the popular patronizing internet phrase " kiddo" while obviously you have no real information about me you believe you can tower above me with this awesome piece of condescension. Well done 'Sir'.

You have no input into this thread you are here to show off your "experience", wow. Glad to see the grammar nazi's are still in fashion sorry for the over use of ellipses at least I know your weakness now pfft. How about pissing off mate if you can't add anything to this thread there is no point in you being here. Oh and I can't prove you wrong because off my grammar yeah pull the other one mate. I wrote a comment on a forum not a dissertation. So maybe you can take your experience elsewhere. Of course you can try again, Grandpa.

P.S. You can't think of one game that got a patch to improve frame rates, Skyrim for the PS3 .
Aha get ****ed Chocoburger :L so many condicending tools on these forums, good to see someone putting them in there place, lols

scotland124
11-11-2012, 04:14 AM
What I would like from a new patch:

RECRUITS:

Make them more versatile. Tweek their abilities. So clunky at the moment:

Lure - often never lures the guards away, the simply run up and down the street like a cat and mouse. It looks stupid.
Marksman - Hardly ever shoot the guards, mostly the recruits just start combat without shooting. Make this more like a Bullet Storm from above.
Bodyguard - Patch the dismiss button to something other than circle (PS3) and have them execute the guards quicker. I often get detected before they silence them, so it makes this ability useless.
Ambush - Again, quicker response time. Too slow, guards reach target before my Assassin's respond more often than not. Can't place an ambush from hiding-spots!!!!! WTF!
Riot - Make it so that if you are near the crowd, you cannot get detected - That's the idea of the riot right?! A decoy. I often get detected if I am anywhere in the vicinity just watching the Riot. Plus, I hardly ever use this because you have so many Riot civilians anyway.
Covert Escort - Sometimes my Assassin's are dressed as Red Coats, when calling them with other Abilities! WTF!
Call Backup - It never works when I am running from guards. And I don't want back-up, I want to access my Assassin's abilities, during combat. If you wanna keep it. Why not make it an ability rather than a compulsory thing.

The abilities are clunky, I use them to avoid open conflict, but they all usually lead to open conflict because they are not polished well enought to do what they should be doing. The right idea is there, but this is one of the most unrefined system in the game. A DLC patch to completely replace the current Recruit system is well needed. And all abilities should be able to be accessed anytime, anywhere. I.e. from horse-back, hiding-spots and blend situations (like they were in Brotherhood). And I would like them in the Frontier cities, like Lexington and Concord.

APPEARANCE:

Despite the obvious glitches. ACIII is a sexy game on the eyes. But dang, where are all the customizations and outfits we were promised. I read articles saying ACIII would have more customization options than any previous AC games, and there are LESS!!!!

The fans have been asking this for years now:

* The ability to remove hood. You don't even need a button to do this. Just an option in the animus menu! HOOD ON/OFF. Easy
* Give us the outfits that we see in the game: Naval Outfit, the Mercenary Outfit etc. Those are the sexiest costumes in the game and you give us all the boring ones to play with.
* Remove weapons option! Have we not been asking this for so long now. **** the synchronisation system. Your plot devices should not dictate to you how your game should appear. You should dictate to it what it should look like, and tweak your plot devices accordingly.

GAMEPLAY:

*Having one button doing too many things. Give us the option to assign our own buttons to actions. The Assassin does one thing when I want him to do something else. I press circle to jump fences, interact, disband recruits, pickpocket, loot, pick-up body, drop weapon, swap weapon. OMG! That is too much. Keep the content, but deal with button assignment better. It only takes one contextual error to make the Assassin break his cover and instigate a full-scale combat.
* Sometimes when I want Connor to go under an obstacle he goes over it, even though I am holding down circle! My understanding is that during free-run the X = over obstacle/up and circle = under obstacle/down. This is still clunky. Fix it.
*Since you took the "Assassin's Claw" away, you said you would implement X to go up. I try run through a door (the pass-through) when guards are chasing me and I go up the wall if I miss the door even slightly. Implement it so that R1 makes you free run and X make you Free-run up. The 'claw' should be used for climbing. With this new system, I find myself going up ****, when I just want to stay on the ground. The other problem is that if I now want to 'jog' rather than sprint I have to control it using the amount of pressure I put on the Left stick. This is annoying. You have essentially removed one navigational benefit - even though you have boasted that the game is about navigation.

Agree with you on the lure it doesn't work very well and is very inconsistent. The customization also needs to have a lot more to it they are still using AC2 type different outfits with only really the colour or material being changed and having a few unique outfits that also have their own issues as well. It would be cool to be able to hunt different animals and make outfits out of them with their pelts.

Also the whole holding right trigger and A (I'm on Xbox 360) is also very clunky like you said it doesn't work all the time and it also only works on very low objects it would be cool to be able to jump/flip over a large fence with some free running style like you do on the low objects. I have to say I am glad they got rid of the "Assassin Claw" it makes your hand hurt after long periods of holding in that position but it would be cool if they could fix the accuracy of the navigation which I think would clear this problem up.

BBALive
11-11-2012, 04:59 AM
I've been having some frame-rate problems, but I know it isn't the devs fault. Blame the hardware.

kriegerdesgottes
11-11-2012, 05:08 AM
Well I am over 80% done with everything in the game at this point so all I really care about at all is that I can put my hoody back up and maybe put some music in the background if possible. Hoody first though. That's priority number one for me even above all the glitches (and there are admittedly too many this time) I usually don't care much about small glitches but this game went a little too far.

Saqaliba
11-11-2012, 05:30 AM
Well I am over 80% done with everything in the game at this point so all I really care about at all is that I can put my hoody back up and maybe put some music in the background if possible. Hoody first though. That's priority number one for me even above all the glitches (and there are admittedly too many this time) I usually don't care much about small glitches but this game went a little too far.

I have a solution to this. Do all the side-missions BEFORE you finish the game. Then, if you want a hood, use the Robes you get from Achilles, they are even sexier than the ones Connor initially gets. And the hood is always up.

I personally want the mohawk to work with his Kanien'keha:ka outfit. That would look wild! Hunting red-coats with the tribal get-up, war paint and mohawk!

rileypoole1234
11-11-2012, 05:48 AM
Deal with it..:)

If only you saw the framerate! It's really bad M, I haven't said anything until now but it's pretty bad on my console...

kriegerdesgottes
11-11-2012, 06:09 AM
I have a solution to this. Do all the side-missions BEFORE you finish the game. Then, if you want a hood, use the Robes you get from Achilles, they are even sexier than the ones Connor initially gets. And the hood is always up.

I personally want the mohawk to work with his Kanien'keha:ka outfit. That would look wild! Hunting red-coats with the tribal get-up, war paint and mohawk!

We are clearly two very different people :P. I hate the mohawk all the way around. And I do use the Achillies outfit btw. I do like it actually but I'd prefer to use Connor's outfit or the Philadelphia version of it anyway. I just can't stand to look at that ridiculous mohawk.

raging8762
11-11-2012, 06:46 AM

Do you work for Ubisoft? No, so don't assume things, it only proves how ignorant and stupid you are. And many people are experiencing frame-rate issues, both with new and old consoles. Take your head out of your arse and do some research.

Kaswa101
11-11-2012, 08:38 AM
^Maybe he does. :rolleyes:

rego00123
11-11-2012, 08:49 AM
I've been having some frame-rate problems, but I know it isn't the devs fault. Blame the hardware.

this IS the devs fault. they know what they have to work with. if they are designing things on hardware that the hardware cannot handle properly its no ones fault but there own for making that choice.
do not make excuses for this.
they had full creative and technical control making this game, it is no act of god that it came out with bugs and general performance issues.