PDA

View Full Version : Run and assassinate in combat

Ielgon
11-10-2012, 06:43 PM
I was wondering if anyone found out whether it's possible to run and assassinate just before/after combat begins. I saw a dev do it during gameplay about 2 weeks before release: He hung an enemy with the rope dart, shot another with a bow and then run and assassinated a third just before he began normal combat with a fourth. Is it still possible to do in the final game? The furthest I manage to get is rope dart and then using the bow, after that they detect me and I can't run and assassinate anyone.

Also thought I'd give a little tip: When you use the rope dart to pull someone in you can either:
A. Hang them and lose the rope dart (when you're on a form of ledge/pole/tree branch)
B. Choke them out without losing one rope dart (when you're on something that's higher than them)
C. Assassinate them when you're on even ground without losing a rope dart. This is the tip that most probably don't know: The weapon you have equipped is the weapon Connor will use when he assassinates them (so for example with a tomahawk he slashes them, while with the hidden blades he stabs them).

Em-Man
11-10-2012, 07:35 PM
You can perform as many assassinations as you want outside of the "alert mode". But as soon as an enemy sees you assassinate someone, you will go into "alert mode" (red markers over their head). At this point, you can't assassinate ANYTHING, you need to kill them by traditional easy-mode combat (spamming hit-button or countering their attacks). This is a lazy and very unrealistic AI detection mechanic that has been in the series since AC1. At this point, I just don't care about the AC gameplay because its so flawed.

So no, you can't do it like the trailers, where Connor rushes to his target, assassinating several people on the way just to do a badass jump assassination on the final target (shown in this trailer) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiVJG_mrtFo&t=1m39s). This is just fake propaganda on Ubisofts part.

JakeP-UK
11-10-2012, 11:28 PM
What em-man pointed out is exactly true, I have recently been searching around looking at trailers and thinking to myself, that is completely not what happens in game, like in the trailer he just sent, he somehow assassinates someone then another, while the guards are slowly walking back , where as if you walk near any of them in the actual sequence you get spotted straight away and they all turn on you. Really dissapointed about it but hey what can you do

JakeP-UK
11-10-2012, 11:30 PM
Also it shows Connor assassinating him while hes on the horse with the tomahawk, this is either a glitch in game or just doesn't work, whenever you have tomahawk equipped and assassinate anyone on a horse he just jumps behind them and assassinates them with hidden blades and starts riding the horse