PDA

View Full Version : Captain of the Aquila is horrible

Death_Angel733
11-10-2012, 06:08 PM
The Captain of the Aquila outfit looks crap compared to the "Original Version" Connor wears aboard the Aquila. It looks like he is wearing a One-Piece Pajama suit with a blue coat and a poor Tri-fold hat. The cuff are huge and colored white. In fact, I prefer the Captain Kidd outfit over this. Does anyone know a glitch to keep the outfit outside the ship?

Here's a comparison:

The Colonial Assassin is decent I guess.
Pre-order Version: http://gamerant.com/assassins-creed-3-canadian-preorder-bonuses/assassins-creed-3-pre-order-bonus-captain-of-the-aquila/
Original Version: http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/File:AC3_Connor_as_Captain.png

Also, if you plan on collecting all the feathers, you might be disappointed. They do give you a "Native American Outfit", but not the ones you expect. Personally, I expected them to look like the ones from the concept art like:
http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/File:Connorkenway_early_concept.JPG
http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/File:Native_Assassin_Connor_concept.jpg

godsmack_darius
11-10-2012, 06:12 PM
Fun fact, its Kevin McNally from pirates the Caribbean. Jack sparrows friend ;)

lothario-da-be
11-10-2012, 06:22 PM
there is a reason its called concept art

Omegabahamutze
11-10-2012, 07:47 PM
I found out the hard way that collecting all the feathers unlocks the outfit when Connor is around the age of 15 & started his training. I figured it would of been a little more assassiny or least a variation of the Assassin Outfit.

Protoman1987
11-10-2012, 08:58 PM
what the ****k i wanted that outfit so bad too for nothing

Elegana
11-10-2012, 09:19 PM
I disagree. I like Connor's current captain outfit. The blue matches perfectly and it fits just right. But I do agree that the outfit you get when you collect all the feathers is bad. I was hoping I would get that one assassin outfit with all the feathers, because you know, it has feathers.

Nightmare8767
11-10-2012, 10:14 PM
I disagree. I like Connor's current captain outfit. The blue matches perfectly and it fits just right. But I do agree that the outfit you get when you collect all the feathers is bad. I was hoping I would get that one assassin outfit with all the feathers, because you know, it has feathers.

I believe you don't get the "issue":

This is on Naval Missions:

http://images.wikia.com/assassinscreed/images/5/58/AC3_Connor_as_Captain.png

This is pre-order costume:

http://static9.cdn.ubi.com/en-us/images/ac3_captaintcm1961456.jpg

Notice the change of details? On the hat, the over all color (the pre-order costume is brighter, the actual outfit is a bit darker blue), the guantlets, etc.

Basically you feel like you're using an early model and the right/final one is locked to actually make the pre-order worth it, yet the costume is different.

And the worst part is that the model is perfectly usable, since when you get out of a naval mission, you use the right model!

Death_Angel733
11-11-2012, 05:00 AM
there is a reason its called concept art

The actual outfit is slightly more hideous than the concept art.

I was hoping they'd at least change the pre-order outfit to match the real outfit before the game was released. Even on E3 trailers Connor already used the "Original" Outfit even BEFORE the Pre-order bonus was announced. The designers probably never got a hold of the actual designs.

It sorta feels like false advertising, but I don't care that much. I got all the other bonuses anyway. I just wish they'd patch it to make it competitive against Captain Kidd's outfit.

Remember when they promised Free-roaming on a Ship? How about adding Philadelphia? Twirling Moves (OK, there is at least one of them) while Free-running?

pirate1802
11-11-2012, 06:08 AM
I'm kinda divided on which one I like more. Some parts of the preorder costume I like, while some parts of the Captain outfit is good too. :(

BoBwUzHeRe1138
11-11-2012, 10:24 AM
Both of them are pretty cool -- I just don't get the reasoning behind making some outfits usable and others not -- they took the time and effort to make them all, some are really cool and people would like to play in them, why not just make every outfit usable? (all the outfits you use that is)

Why isn't Haytham's outfit usable? why not the merc outfit (which I havent gotten to use yet), but we can use the 'prisoner' outfit -- WHY THAT ONE?! Just make them all usable. I'm also pretty POd about not having a Desmond skin. I loved the Desmond skins in Brotherhood and Revelation (the outfit, Revelation Desmond's face was all kinds of wrong) but this is the game where he finally gets to shine or whatever and they don't include his outfit/skin despite finally having the hood up -- I would've liked to have both. PLUS I would prefer it to be a skin not an outfit connor wears because a skin is justified as being a 'hack' of the animus while connor wearing the outfit and having it stored in the basement is a bit weird -- plus Desmond's face in this one is perfect. It's just like the first game's Desmond albeit with way better graphics.

pirate1802
11-11-2012, 10:26 AM
I've heard some refer to Desmond's face as looking like a monkey's haha

Nightmare8767
11-11-2012, 01:19 PM
Both of them are pretty cool -- I just don't get the reasoning behind making some outfits usable and others not -- they took the time and effort to make them all, some are really cool and people would like to play in them, why not just make every outfit usable? (all the outfits you use that is)

Why isn't Haytham's outfit usable? why not the merc outfit (which I havent gotten to use yet), but we can use the 'prisoner' outfit -- WHY THAT ONE?! Just make them all usable. I'm also pretty POd about not having a Desmond skin. I loved the Desmond skins in Brotherhood and Revelation (the outfit, Revelation Desmond's face was all kinds of wrong) but this is the game where he finally gets to shine or whatever and they don't include his outfit/skin despite finally having the hood up -- I would've liked to have both. PLUS I would prefer it to be a skin not an outfit connor wears because a skin is justified as being a 'hack' of the animus while connor wearing the outfit and having it stored in the basement is a bit weird -- plus Desmond's face in this one is perfect. It's just like the first game's Desmond albeit with way better graphics.

Agree with everything said here.

What bugs me most are 2 things:

-One is that having no Outfit Menu in the Pause Menu means that chances to get more added are really slim.

-Two is that the Cpatain of the Aquila outfit is locked to favor a pre-order, a pre-order that doesn't even correspond to the actual outfit. So that's way absurd, really.

dandins
11-11-2012, 03:56 PM
the original captain outfit from the mission /aka pre order promised outfit look alot better and i feel totally cheated..

would be nice if they fix this..

WarriorAegis
11-11-2012, 04:01 PM
I really wanted the Native American Outfit, but now that I know that it's just Connor's original outfit.... meh.

TlNSTAAFL
11-11-2012, 07:31 PM
It's the lower half of the DLC Amazon outfit that kills it. I much prefer the original. What ****ing captain wears pretty-boy noblemans shoes with capri's. Why the hell they didn't just let you unlock the original outfit in-game is beyond me. Bad choice by Ubisoft. </3

melancholyroar
11-21-2012, 11:54 PM
Totally Agree with this.

The outfit looks horrible to the point where the blue looks like a faded grey and the lining of it looks extremely feminine.

I had pre-ordered in the hopes that the actual outfit was the one I saw on the ship but its not, its this horrible mess:
http://gamentrain.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/AC3_SC_SP_34_HD_ULC_CaptainOfTheAquila.jpeg

Turul.
11-22-2012, 01:22 AM
You are incredibly entitled, and I hate when the forums are filled with these garbage threads.

It's a costume. get over it.

DargonisDufaux
11-22-2012, 01:37 AM
imho if they can give connor his hood back they can fix it so the captain of the aquila dlc outfit is the correct outfit because yes this is garbage

swiftkinfe
11-22-2012, 01:44 AM
Didn't get the Captain of the Aquila but does anybody find it weird that the outfits are stored in his basement? This implies they are apart of the memories meaning Connor actually owned these outfits. And if they are just skins why isn't there just a menu like the last 3 games? This means Connor even had a Altair styled outfit and a Roman Assassin outfit. I know I'm probably thinking to much about it but why would they be apart of the memories? And why would Connor honestly even keep the prisoner outfit?

ZephyrStrife
11-22-2012, 01:57 AM
Totally Agree with this.

The outfit looks horrible to the point where the blue looks like a faded grey and the lining of it looks extremely feminine.

I had pre-ordered in the hopes that the actual outfit was the one I saw on the ship but its not, its this horrible mess:
http://gamentrain.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/AC3_SC_SP_34_HD_ULC_CaptainOfTheAquila.jpeg

Oh god, its hideous! Why, Ubisoft?! WHY?!

Hawke0325
11-22-2012, 01:51 PM
iIactually like the Aquila outfit and colonial assassin outfit. Heck im after the darn DLC codes for both of them >.<

ThCharlie2
01-05-2013, 07:51 AM
completely agree the captain of the aquila outfit from the hidden secrets dlc sucks, the outfit seems too big for connor making him look 12, the one you use for the naval missions is much much better

Assassin_M
01-05-2013, 07:52 AM
I like both, the original Aquila and Pre-order Aquila..So yeah...add the original Aquila, but keep the Pre-order one as well....