PDA

View Full Version : Season change hack - does it influence the game too?

RatonhnhakeFan
11-10-2012, 04:08 PM
Finished the game, now want to finish all the small quests but I have some blank map spots in the frontier so I wanted to switch the season to winter to better see the minimap while uncovering the empty map spots. I heard that hacks somehow affect the game, is it true and also happen when you switch seasons? Will I break something using that hack? 'Cause it's a permanent summer after I beat the game...

ACfan443
11-10-2012, 04:53 PM
After turning on the hack and changing seasons, game progress won't be saved. So if you do any side mission during your chosen season, you'll have to play it again the next time you start the game. I find that pretty stupid cause it defeats the purpose of freedom, and renders the hack pretty useless.

WarriorAegis
11-10-2012, 04:55 PM
Permanent Summer? YAY! :D

RatonhnhakeFan
11-10-2012, 05:03 PM
After turning on the hack and changing seasons, game progress won't be saved. So if you do any side mission during your chosen season, you'll have to play it again the next time you start the game. I find that pretty stupid cause it defeats the purpose of freedom, and renders the hack pretty useless.Then how are people suppoused to finish some missions at all? Some Homestead missions appear only in winter for example

Solid-Shammy
11-10-2012, 05:39 PM
Then how are people suppoused to finish some missions at all? Some Homestead missions appear only in winter for example

Once you change the season to winter, turn the hack off again and it will remain in winter. This way you can do quests in winter while it saves your progress!

RatonhnhakeFan
11-10-2012, 11:32 PM
Once you change the season to winter, turn the hack off again and it will remain in winter. This way you can do quests in winter while it saves your progress!

It seems to work thx! I did all Homestead missions before finishing the main story, but had tons of club stuff to do and uncover missing map parts. Though when you enter other area with the hack turned off it changes back to summer so you have to switch to winter everytime. Still good that it works at all

Nightmare8767
11-10-2012, 11:34 PM
Ehm... the Weather and the Rainy hacks DON'T AFFECT autosaving, just saying.

WiriestScroll3
11-11-2012, 01:30 AM
Why that date of year is even in some hack? Why it can be like in RL and main story? Everything nice they take away from us or they are in hacks. Example you cant use Aquila after completing all naval missions is there any points of that? Christ. Im dissapointed some things in this game. Ubi work harder.