PDA

View Full Version : AC III = The Worst of the series!! [spoilers]

ChaseAllen
11-10-2012, 10:59 AM
ACIII was by far the worst of the AC games (even worse than the original AC).

1. the controls are completely different, making the game seem a lot more difficult than it really should be, for example:
a. Running and free running are the same control, therefore if you are chasing after someone, and just happen to encounter an object(which happens alot) you get held up.
b. There is no more push, shove, sprint, you cant automatically kill civilians, the parry and counter button is just simpily pathetic. and with some enemies you have to stab them atleast 10 times before they're dead(REALLY!?). anyway i couild get over the controls being crap if that was the only problem. However that is not the case.

2. The storyline, absolutely dumb, a templar's son who joins the creed, but loves his own people more than the cause. thats not the assasin's creed game that we know.

3. The full sync is crap, but not that big of a deal.

4. We cannot simply go from playing as the master assasin Ezio, to this amateur Connor. Since when is it more fun playing as Desmound than in the animus?!

5. I refuse to believe that the American Revolution was instigated by a Native American who was working with the Patriots. I know this is a work of fiction, but come on, that is the worst story to follow.

There are far more reasons why I hate this game, i just do not have the patience to write them down.

To Ubisoft, I am very dissapointed in this game, and i am sure alot of others are too.

Instead of this i would have liked to see more pieces of eden, that perhaps combine with the apple(like the staff and the apple in AC2) and maybe that was how you open the door to the (World Saving Device).

Or perhaps a lineage during the Crusades on Jerusalem, or the founding of the Templar and Creed orders. Even the Mayans, or the Incans sound more appealing than the American Revolution. How about a game during the Dark Ages?! Or Alexander the Great. The Trojan War. There are so many better options than this masterpiece of scum that Ubisoft released

All in all Ubisoft i give this game a 1/10

pirate1802
11-10-2012, 11:06 AM
OK.

zhengyingli
11-10-2012, 11:09 AM
5. I refuse to believe that the American Revolution was instigated by a Native American who was working with the Patriots. I know this is a work of fiction, but come on, that is the worst story to follow.

Ezio was way forefront with the Pazzi Conspiracy than Connor ever was with the American Revolution. Connor works in the background and his goals actually coincides with the war only when needed, like Ramza in FFT, so that real history wouldn't have taken him as a major player.

ACIII was by far the worst of the AC games (even worse than the original AC).

2. The storyline, absolutely dumb, a templar's son who joins the creed, but loves his own people more than the cause. thats not the assasin's creed game that we know.

I am very afraid of this point. Even Corey May said in the Game Informer podcast that he disapproves of anyone claiming that video game story in general should be done in a certain matter. That's not the Assssin's Creed game that we know? The point of the series has always been the idealogical clashes of Assassins and Templars, of freedom and order, which this game dove into deeper than ever before, no matter how different the story it may seem.

LilyasAvalon
11-10-2012, 11:32 AM
Cool story, bro.

zToxicGuy
11-10-2012, 11:34 AM
Mad kids.

Blind2Society
11-10-2012, 11:45 AM
There are a lot of bugs, I'm not 100% behind the controls schemes (also mainly because of bugs), I agree that full sync is crap and there were some changes I don't like (not enough veiw points among some others) but you are out of line saying it sucks and it's the worst of the series. It's still a great game.

ProdiGurl
11-10-2012, 12:33 PM
I can't read your entire OP becuz I'm only 1/2 way thru the game & I don't want it ruined. But I did read a blurb about combat.
I'll tell you, the more I've learned the new combat mechs, the more I LOVE THIS COMBAT. It allows me to position & move my fingers differently (at an angle - thumb on the "B" angling down to the X & A) and get in some killer combo's!! (literally).
I don't know about the PS3 controller, but w/ the Xbox you can do some awesome stuff during fights & with the new animations, it makes it So much more satisfying to fight larger groups now.
The endless Kill Streak is done away with so it's not as easy to wipe out a whole mass at once too - you have to work at it.
I wish people would complain less & spend that time learning to fight instead. Keep practicing the fight scenes.
I much prefer this now.

BBALive
11-10-2012, 02:03 PM
Try to keep it constructive instead of "this is dumb", "this is crap".

KemistiOMG
11-10-2012, 02:17 PM
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/011/113/killyourselves.png

Bashilir
11-10-2012, 03:01 PM
b. There is no more push, shove, sprint, you cant automatically kill civilians, the parry and counter button is just simpily pathetic. and with some enemies you have to stab them atleast 10 times before they're dead(REALLY!?). anyway i couild get over the controls being crap if that was the only problem. However that is not the case. Really? So when you hold RT and run into a civilian you don't push them away? Which, I find very convenient as now you don't have to hold b and RT to get them out of the way. Also, how could you possibly put, "you cant automatically kill civilians," Why would you kill civilians anyways? That doesn't really work with the "this isn't the assassin's creed we know" line.

Razrback16
11-10-2012, 03:07 PM
To the OP: I don't give it a 1/10, but it is definitely the worst game by far in the series. On that we agree.

* Disjointed story
* Awful ending
* Very little stealth
* Too linear as far as mission design and implementation
I could go on and and on and on, which I have in the feedback thread like many other folks. I have high hopes that the next game will not be such a let-down.

pirate1802
11-10-2012, 03:26 PM
Ha, OP just went and copypasted his first post into the feedback thread. His idea of a detailed feedback, I suppose. *shrugs*.

ProdiGurl
11-10-2012, 03:55 PM
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/011/113/killyourselves.png

rofllllllll;)

Ha, OP just went and copypasted his first post into the feedback thread. His idea of a detailed feedback, I suppose. *shrugs*.

Eh I wouldn't know, couldn't read it w/ the spoilers & I have no doubt I'd disagree with most all of it anyway.
I've already had 2 spoilers kill things for me so I'm not going there again if I can help it..
I only hope it's not as ridiculously erroneous as some of the other anal ones I've had the displeasure of reading.