PDA

View Full Version : Ordering on Amazon

Bobbtom
11-10-2012, 02:26 AM
If I were to buy the PC version on amazon, will I get the pre order bonus of the mission and the musket? Will the version be linked to steam?

Andre_0112
11-10-2012, 03:39 AM
Why not iust buy it on steam if you want it linked to steam?

just sayin...

Joyner08
11-10-2012, 04:01 AM
Why not iust buy it on steam if you want it linked to steam?

just sayin...

I'm guessing he wants to install from disc instead of download due to slow internet or something.

It depends what version you buy, Steam has the digital deluxe which includes all DLC (Season Pass) and all add-ons for multi player and it's on-line exclusive. I can't find any version on Amazon except the standard edition which won't include those things, and the Join or Die edition which is currently unavailable.

I don't know if your game's serial key will be redeemable through Steam, but it will be redeemable (and probably a requirement) through uPlay.

Bobbtom
11-10-2012, 04:23 AM
I want to try to have a physical box for all my games, just for looks. I'm referring to the pre order bonus that gives a musket?

Joyner08
11-10-2012, 04:31 AM
I want to try to have a physical box for all my games, just for looks. I'm referring to the pre order bonus that gives a musket?

I did a little digging and found the pre order bonuses, Ubi gave certain bonuses to different retailers.

STEAM, Walmart and Target get the Scottish Flintlock Musket bonus & "A Dangerous Secret" DLC mission.

Amazon's pre order bonus is a Boarding Axe weapon & the Captain of the Aquila single player DLC.

Edit: Ubisoft's official store version also gives the musket & the dangerous secret mission. But this isn't a physical order sadly.

your best bet if you're outside the US, is just to preorder from Steam or Ubi & just buy a used box version from a retailer somewhere. If that's even possible. If you're in the US then preorder from a Walmart or Target to get what you want.

Bobbtom
11-10-2012, 04:47 AM
Does it say anything about having to order the game online? Or can I just pick it up from a store like Target on release day?

Joyner08
11-10-2012, 04:54 AM
Source for the pre order bonuses: http://uk.ign.com/wikis/assassins-creed-3/Pre-Order_Bonuses

I'm not from the US so I've never used target, but here's the target page for AC3: http://www.target.com/p/assassin-s-creed-3/-/A-14107158#prodSlot=medium_1_6&term=assassin

it has a button on the left called "Find in store", I guess this means you can just walk in a buy it on release day.

If you want to be sure, though. I would call your local Target up and ask to reserve a pre order for PC AC3 and specify the pre order bonuses, to make sure you get them.