PDA

View Full Version : Altair Outfit Issue(s) - Assassins Creed 3

ItsSnowingOut
11-09-2012, 10:16 PM
I've seen a lot of complaints about the Altair outfit in AC3.

1.The robes are glued to the back of Connors legs. They do not flow freely. (Same with Ezio's outfit from my understanding.)
2.The leather on the outfit is textured in a way so that it always looks shiny. (Maybe this was done on purpose?)

However, there's a glitch in this outfit that no one else seems to have noticed. While wearing the Altair outfit, there are 2 holes in Connors right forearm visible from the back. I really can't understand how this was overlooked. Seems like a simple fix to me. I just want to bring it to everyone's attention so hopefully Ubisoft can correct this in future updates.

JCearlyyears
11-09-2012, 10:21 PM
Those aren't the only problems with it. I had this to say about it. "The leather is shiny. The details on the arm holes are gray blurs. The leg flaps are stuck to his legs. The knives on the knife belt are clipping through. The hidden blade's housing isn't on his arm, the hidden blade is just floating there. The knives on his shoulder are on a gray patch where the knife pouch is supposed to be, but the knives are in little sheathes that are stuck to the gray mound/patch. The outfit looks too gray, it should be brighter, but not exactly white. The outfit has really bad movement, Connor's assassin outfit has great physics, but Altair's and Ezio's outfit have bad physics. I wish that this was a skin instead of an outfit, and that it was Altair's face instead of Connor's, so basically just put Desmond's face in the outfit. Connor looks fat in the outfit, well, not fat, but he's thicker and more muscular and I wish we could play with Altair's more slender build. The leather is also too light a shade of brown. Also, the outfit doesn't have gloves."

WiriestScroll3
11-09-2012, 10:34 PM
Btw how i can obtain that altairs armor? Or was it pre-order versions?

JCearlyyears
11-09-2012, 10:35 PM
Full synch the main story.

ItsSnowingOut
11-09-2012, 10:49 PM
You're right, JCearlyyears. He does look a little chubby and a skins option instead of the outfits would be nice.. But I'd be more than satisfied if they just reworked this outfit a little to give it a more polished look and feel. It's easily my favorite outfit and I worked so hard to unlock it. It's just really disappointing, I expected better quality.

HellSniper666
11-09-2012, 10:54 PM
Dev's Please make Atlair's Outfit look like his outfit. The artist did a terrible quick crap job on it.

ItsSnowingOut
11-10-2012, 08:45 PM
Pictures of the Altair outfit in AC3.

Lack of flowing Robes.
http://i50.tinypic.com/2z50pvn.jpg

Holes in forearm.
http://i48.tinypic.com/2ecp7hs.jpg

Fairus60
11-10-2012, 08:51 PM
Just fix the robes physics and Ill be a happy man... Please?

Protoman1987
11-10-2012, 08:55 PM
jesus now that i see the pic of the first game and im reminded i see how ****ty the one onf ac3 looks, i thought maybe it just wasnt as badass as i thought it used to be

pacmanate
11-11-2012, 12:19 AM
Dam that outfit looks horrible.

Caeser_of_Rome
11-11-2012, 01:11 AM
spoiler alert!

ApexMandalorian
11-11-2012, 02:48 AM
They should have just used the Revelations Altair model.

JCearlyyears
11-11-2012, 02:55 AM

I don't think so. That outfit had a lot of problems. It was generally inconsistent with the reality of Altair's robes. They should go back through the original outfit and copy every detail and remake it in AC3 as a very high quality updated version of the same outfit.

ItsSnowingOut
11-11-2012, 04:56 AM
Whatever they choose to do (if they decide to do anything at all) will be an improvement from its current state.

Death_Angel733
11-11-2012, 05:09 AM
THIS.

My problem with the Brotherhood Outfit is that the Cape has horrible physics and collision model. It clips through your character.

The Altair Outfit was a huge slap in the face IMO. I spent 1 and half trying to 100% sync Sequence 7.

BoBwUzHeRe1138
11-11-2012, 10:32 AM
Personally the major complaint I have with Ezio's outfit is just the coloring is wrong. The inside of the cape (the side that touches his back) should be red, not white and the interior of his hood should also be red. not white. As for it's physics, the flaps and cape move but the white part of the robes don't -- I'm not sure if they're exactly glued to his legs like Altair's but I haven't noticed it so it's already better than the travesty of the original Assassin getting a sh*tty remake of his outfit.

They need to replace Ezio's robes with an Ezio skin so we get the cool beard, replace Altair's sh*tty outfit with an amazing update of the classic outfit and slap Desmond's face in so we get the definitive version of Altair and the skin they hsould use to remake the original AC (if they ever decide to) and they need to include a goddang Desmond skin!!!! This was like the end of the trilogy and they completely botch one of the Assassin's outfits, forget some fairly important details on the other, and don't even include the last one!!!

So basically: just make Altair, Ezio, and Desmons as skins and apply all the correct physics, details, etc. and perfect!

Make the Desmond skin unlocked after completing the game, and if already complete, with the patch downloaded, the skin will be applied to the cheats menu. Get rid of Altair's robes and get rid of the armor rack for it and replace it with an Altair skin (unlocked the same way), and as for Ezio -- just make it part of the patch and if you download it from UPlay, you unlock the skin rather than an outfit for connor.

I'm really disappointed with a not good Altair skin, only decent Ezio skin, and no Desmond skin. :/ it's honestly my biggest and one of the few complaints with the game. Sigh.

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
11-11-2012, 06:55 PM
Hi guys, please ensure you post this here http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/720981-Assassin-s-Creed-3-Single-Player-Bugs-and-Issues-Thread-*Possible-Spoilers*

R.T-Shanks
11-11-2012, 07:54 PM
I'm pretty sure they made Altair's and Ezio's costume are like that was because they didn't want to code a set of extra physics or something like that. If you look at Connor's costumes you can see that his coattails (or whatever you want to call them) that flows around are always in the same area so there's probably a set of physics that only applies to those areas.

For Ezio's or Altair's costume, they have different cloth areas so it was probably just easier to just attach it to their legs or something since it was more of an extra than anything. I doubt they'll fix it with a patch. But I hope I'm wrong.

LoyalACFan
11-11-2012, 08:33 PM
I'm pretty sure they made Altair's and Ezio's costume are like that was because they didn't want to code a set of extra physics or something like that.

That's beside the point, though. If you're going to implement something in the game, do it right. As it is, Connor seemingly has Altair's coattails stapled to the backs of his knees. It looks ridiculous. Huge disappointment.

R.T-Shanks
11-11-2012, 09:21 PM
Uhm how is that besides the point? That's exactly why they attached his coattails to his legs. It's less work but yeah it is rather a big disappointment. Now there's really no reason to 100% sync the story missions.

LoyalACFan
11-11-2012, 09:24 PM
Uhm how is that besides the point? That's exactly why they attached his coattails to his legs. It's less work but yeah it is rather a big disappointment. Now there's really no reason to 100% sync the story missions.

It's beside the point because they shouldn't be able to say "Well, let's put this in, but we don't really want to add any new code for it." If they're going to put it in, they shouldn't halfass it.

austin128
11-11-2012, 09:52 PM
It looks like bad cosplay to me lol, and Connor's butt is too big for it haha!!

ItsSnowingOut
11-17-2012, 05:15 PM
No sign of Outfit fixes in the upcoming patch. *sigh*

But hey, at least we're getting the hood back!

LightRey
11-17-2012, 05:45 PM
No sign of Outfit fixes in the upcoming patch. *sigh*

But hey, at least we're getting the hood back!
and as soon as we do people will start complaining that it's no longer down.

deskp
11-17-2012, 05:50 PM

Well yea, most complainers asked for a toggle. jsut like we did before the game launched..

Skier from Hell
11-17-2012, 06:37 PM
Full synch the main story.

I'm glad I've come across this thread.. I too was scratching my bonce with frustration whilst scrabbling around trying to access ezio's outfit after earning it in Uplay. I will now gladly stick to our Native
American outfit. Fits him like a glove and dashing with it. Wow! Can you imagine how much that leather outfit would cost today?

willstannard
11-17-2012, 07:24 PM
And is that such a terrible thing? I personally have wanted the hood to remain down (or at least toggled) ever since this whole uproar begun so surely I, and others like me, now have just as much right to complain as you all did when it was permanently down?

Psychotrip1
12-24-2012, 11:58 PM
Thread ressurection powers ACTIVATE!

So, any word on whether or not they'll fix alta´r's outfit? Or have they already? Personally I'd like an alta´r skin. Connor's too bulky for my tastes.

Evildarkhorizen
01-15-2013, 10:26 PM
Thread ressurection powers ACTIVATE!

So, any word on whether or not they'll fix alta´r's outfit? Or have they already? Personally I'd like an alta´r skin. Connor's too bulky for my tastes.

no there isn't a fix yet but I'm hoping they do cause most of the stuff I'm gonna list which i have noticed have already been mentioned

1. the two holes in connor's right arm
2. No physics in the outfit aka glued to his legs
3. leather parts of the outfit shine to much
4. The shoulder pad on his right shoulder has the same texture of the hood when it shouldn't
5. The inside of the flaps of the robes have no textures so they go invisible on the inside
6. In the back bottom left side of the hood is a hole
7. gloves and the half finger are missing
8. hidden blade doesn't fit well with the left gauntlet and the right could be like revelations since alta´r had two hidden blades in that game
9. Clipping issues and others in the throwing knives on the front pouch
10. About 3 throwing knives at the back are clipped on the one side making them look like hooks

Razor8689
02-16-2013, 03:24 PM
Altair outfit is just an insult to him.fix it please.Some of us have worked our arses off

Rakdarr
02-17-2013, 01:56 AM
Yes, his and Ezio's, please. If our favorite Italian's cape is just too much to apply game physics to, make the Revelations outfit available. Better yet, the skin, as others have suggested.

J7hnny
02-17-2013, 02:11 AM
Honestly? If Ubisoft was to fix the countless bugs and flaws, outfits would be the last. Assassin's Creed III has an endless list of issues to be addressed. Altair Robes are the least of our problems.

XenorrK
03-08-2013, 07:48 PM
Well, I recently unlocked this outfit and it's buggier than I imagined... To summarize, the leather is too glossy, the robes don't have any phisics, the right bracelet has holes in it... and the following I don't remember anyone mention: he doesn't have any gloves, the right hidden blade come out from below the bracelet (even though in revelations he gets a hidden blade ON it), the leather thingy on the right shoulder is white (really, what??) and the inner parts of ther robes are transparent... like, white cloth on the outside and glass on the inside o.O
Now, there are some things that could be REALLY easy to fix...
1) The glossy effect only happens during regular gameplay, it becomes regular leather during most cutscenes and the animus loading screen... Probably just something on the skin, I don't know..
2) Some outfits seem to "borrow" the physics from other outfits, so why not borrow from the Achilles one? Like, it has a similar shape and would probably make the Alta´r one look more realistic...
3) About one hour editing the skin would be able to fill the "blanks" (like, really blanks), put some gloves and recolor the shoulder thingy to actually look like leather, not cloth.
Also, like many, I would find it better as a skin, with Desmond's face on it, lack of a left ring finger and white skin... my opinion at least.
Oh, and sorry for "ressurrecting" the thread, just thought I'd give my opinion on the subject ^-^